Which video games have continuations in the story where a character is killed off and immediately brought back as a...

Which video games have continuations in the story where a character is killed off and immediately brought back as a present ghost?

:^)

-hard whistle-

The Sims.

I mean in a written story.

Hamlet

Jade Empire.

An entire chapter of the game is dedicated to the Spirit World, how you ended up there, and how you get back from it.

Come on, anons, I figured you guys to know exactly who I'm talking about.

Here's a hint: you have to pull all the stops to see them again in the last game.

Sengoku Rance, Mouri Motonari.

Is there a Hamlet videogame?

Ghost trick

Only one game in the series, I think

and didn't have any continuation light novels or audio dramas

Dark Souls

Murdered: Soul Suspect.

By the way, not a bad game. I wouldn't go as far a call it a good one either.
It's just one of those games you play when there's nothing else to play, enjoy it a bit enough to beat it and completely forgot its existence/plot a few days later.

I had to check my steam library just to even remember its fucking name heh

Soul Reaver
Phoenix Wright (kinda)

no it is a bad game in all regards

it's plot is

Do games where ghosts are killed and brought back as bitches count?

Even more, you ARE the ghost.

she's objectively better as a zerg

Shadow of Mordor.
You never said it had to be a good game.

God of War 3 ?

Premise is interesting, but any gameplay besides the crime scene investigation bits are complete garbage.

Sounds like you're thinking of FFX then, although in that case both "immediately brought back" or "present" seem misleading.

It's actually surprising this sort of thing doesn't happen more often in videogame stories, since OP basically describes Obi-Wan Kenobi and recycling ideas from Star Wars is a frequent source of videogame plots.

Also, I just realized this is basically the backstory for almost every party member in Valkyrie Profile.

Soul Reaver.

Donkey Kong 64.

and banjo tooie. what the hell rare?

Not as a ghost in either case, but still.

You also fight your way out of hell in both God of War 1 & 2, but I don't think either of those levels were at the start of the game like in 3. I know 1's wasn't.

Was.

Demon's Souls
You knew that though.
That's why you posted that blue motherfucker.

Foreshadowing the current state of Rare

Is it fair to say they went nuts with the last game?

its a shame nobody went nuts with humba wumba lewds

whoa my dick

fanfiction doesn't count :^)

I don't know. Sea of Thieves looks good, and Phil Spencer has said that Rare will play an important part in the XBOne's future.

Maybe if the game had actually been good.

Mortal Kombat.

Clive Barker's Jericho

You know what was a good Rare game?
Viva Pinata

Source?