Saturday Night Horror Thread: RPGMaker Games Edition

It's that time of the week again

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JxlGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The teaser from the Higarashi devs discussed in the last thread turns out to be a fucking console port for the VN Iwahime: Matsure for PS4 and Vita, by the by. Because we can't have nice things.

archive.is/JxlGY

Is this trolling?

Not really. To clarify - by "indie" horror games I mean shit like RPG Maker titles or Lostboy.exe (except for that whole virus part) - so, games where the better part of the fucking story and the monster(s) are not immediately revealed in the launch trailer. Basically, just shit where you don't even know whether the game is just yet another turd hastily nailed together in Unity or something that could make your toenails stand up.

RPG maker games are really scraping the bottom of the shit barrel. Both Misao and the Crooked Man fucking sucked.
I'll admit Blank Dream appears passable.

Corpse Party was pretty good. Too bad the sequels got progressively worse.

I don't know how some loli and socks obsessed jap could create such properly spooky gameplay, but I'll be damned if I wasn't interested after someone shared the demo.

Got a link to a video of the game? I tried youtube and got a bunch of garbage about shy girls.

sounds like my kind of guy

The sequels didn't involve the original dev, did they?

With SH3 I feel more stuck in the starting area than the school in SH1 or the appartments in SH2. It also doesnt help that my didnt have the darkness setting properly configured so shit was pitch black even on the highest brightness setting.

Fuck that shit so hard, I had to mute the game because of how uneasy it made me.

Replaying Gregory Horror Show.

try playing the Japanese version, it's much more like an actual horror game

How so? I've only started doing reading practice, but it's one of the games I intend to replay again when I'm more proficient.

western version is much more censored, you can tell merely by watching the opening

Isn't that the anime?

wew I'm an idiot disregard me

Nah man, it's cool. I couldn't find the Japanese version of the anime before so it all worked out.

isn't that an out come

LISA was a bit spooky, can I play OFF on the Vita? What are some games I can play on the Vita/3DS?

OFF can be ported to the 3ds, but I don't think the vita has easyrpg or the homebrew yet

Check /hgg/, they have a thread on it with links to the demo and patches for it.