Does thatgamecompany make mechanically solid games or should they be lumped in with other dead-end hipstershit and...

Does thatgamecompany make mechanically solid games or should they be lumped in with other dead-end hipstershit and sonynigger bait?

Other urls found in this thread:

intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your call.

Up to you

thatgamecompany barely makes games

how dare anyone discuss videogames

They're all walking simulators

Speaking of Walking Sims, anyone read any good VNs lately?

You could try the games and figure it out for yourself.

I really liked Journey.
Flower was alright, although a bit boring.

If flOw is a walking simulator, Spore's first stage is also a walking simulator with evolution. Flower doesn't have any walking in it at all, and I haven't played Journey yet but I'm pretty sure it's a 3D platformer with fail states and enemies that damage the player. There's also Cloud, which is some sort of weeb cloud herding simulator.

I haven't played many visual novels aside from Narcissu, so I don't have much to recommend.

I never played Flow, so I cannot judge the studio by this game, but I liked the demo of Flower a lot. Journey on the other hand was the most overhyped hipstergarbage I've ever wasted my money on. So it depends either on their next game or if I get my hands on their first one if they are cool as or suck shit.

In Flower you have at least an objective and stunning visuals, with an undertone of melancholy and salvation - the perfect game to get high for. Journey is just … just "pay 12.99 € for walking and jumping in the same direction for 90 minutes, you pretentious faggot" - yeah, that sums it up perfectly.

Don't bother with the PS3 remake, the original Flash game has the best controls and music. intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO they make glorified interactive screen savers

Their games are just plain garbage. They're "experiences."

No, TLG was at least a game even if dissapointing and meeiocre.
These guys make walking sims that look good and not much else.

Planning to read Planetarian and Majikoi S.
Little Busters is also coming out officially and is being translated by Fruitbait so I'll throw them some shekels just to support all the companies involved that certainly deserve it.

Heard Harmonia is pretty much Planetarian with less emotional impact, but I might givr it a try.

Should get to reading Muv Luv

Does Muramasa have an English patch yet?
Baldr Sky never ever

Journey is the only one with any semblance of being a game, flow and flower are fun but will take you an hour to play and then you'll never have the urge to play them again. They're only one step above walking sims.

Go play The Voif and Pathologic OP

I own The Void but haven't played it, while Pathologic has issues with Wine and the Classic HD version won't start up at all. Really looking forward to trying both but there's other games on the backlog I'd like to finish first.

Shit like this is why I'm thinking of doing a native windows with no internet access.

Just like any MP game, it's who you play with that determines the most fun you get.

Paradise of Grisaia is supposed to come out soon so I'll finally be able to finish that.

I think it helps Sony to publish these tech demos, they look good in trailers and compilations.

It would be interesting to see a modern day playerbase for this game on the PC.

flow is an annoying to play experience with its awful sixaxis control. flower is pretty. Journey is a well made game with simple and fun mechanics, it doesn't waste time, and has nice visual story telling.

Sony directly funded them. They wouldn't exist without Sony.

Wasn't flOw originally a freeware game on PC?

that aside, the games aren't really nothing to write home about (though some may exclude that for Flower or Journey). It's been 5 years since 2012, so I'm pretty sure more than a handful of devs have progressed and/or built upon what Journey laid down.

Games like Dear Esther were glorified audiobooks, whereas Journey has an actual sense of interactivity, and not just a static environment where damn near nothing is moved. At least Gone Home In 40 Seconds had the excuse of finding keys and locks (most locks are unlocked automatically IIRC lmao) for different rooms in a virtual house to find more information about it's shitty glorified teen pulp romance story.

Flow is a nice flash game, Flower is boring but nice looking, Journey is actually pretty decent and their best "game", music being the best part.

Thanks man. I didn't know you could play it as flash game and I gotta say it's pretty neato. Seems that only Journey sucks shit.

what? Journey is their best game. I take it you haven't played it.

Didn't Dear Esther start as a tech demo attempting to squeeze everything possible out of Source?

Have you seen the original Dear Esther?

Journey is the height of 2deep4u walking simulator with two minutes of gameplay stretched over hours. I'm still in disbelief over the praise it got on cuckchan back in the day.

Perhaps it's because it seemed reminiscent of the anonymous interactions people were accustomed to.

nigger don't talk about games you never played, fuck off to your stalker thread or something.

How much do they pay you?

>Completely ignores that people stood around dicking around with other player because whoa we can't communicate how deep
Eat shit shill.

The only walking simulator with value is Dear Esther because it taught me how to make good cliffs in the Source engine.

Butthurt sonynigger detected.

Journey isn't deep. You've also never played it. Consider suicide

Just buy another copy on his behalf if you're so worried. Won't affect your paycheck, technically.

You are completely wrong

I'll probably try Journey sometime this week and see if it's worthwhile or not. Supposedly most of the fun comes from finding hidden areas and entrances to unfinished levels they just left in the game.

There are collectibles hidden around. They extend your cape so you can hold more energy and fly longer, and getting hit by the big dragon golem things take off segments of cape.

I played around with it today and stopped at the mountain. The camera, controls, and environments are nice, but it would be a lot comfier if the player moved a bit faster and the game had more levels. The devs should have also dropped those level ending cinematics with the cringeworthy "ancient art" that looked like bad pixelshit, which only seem to be there to spoonfeed idiots who don't realize they're walking around in ruins.
So far I can't call Journey bad if it even counts as a video game without any proper failstates, it's just way too short and ridiculously overrated by hipsters and sonyniggers.

Only one I played to any real degree was Journey and I really didn't enjoy it, though I tried the others and found 'em shallow and uninteresting.

My big issue with the games isn't so much what they are, it's the attitude surrounding them. They become things you feel like you should like because of all the positive praise. I played them all years after the hype had died and just didn't enjoy my time with them. There was no mechanical pleasure in playing Journey, nothing to hook you in. To say it's a walking sim might be to do a disservice to it, but it's by no means an entertaining platformer.

tl;dr - Don't buy the hype, Flow is a a flashgame/mobile game, Flower isn't much better and Flowest Journey is an uninteresting, relatively empty 3D platformer.

I'd probably agree with hipstershit, it's always hipsters and "artgames are the only way for games to be good and respected" fags that seem to really buy into them.