Touhou games

how the fuck do i into theses games?

i downloaded the first 5 games with an emulator and i have no fucking clue whats going on.
i understand shooting shit, collecting power ups, and not geting hit but i still have no clue wtf is happening.

also the words are all fucked up with a bunch of dollar signs and pound signs between letters, some of it is just fucking gibberish. is the emulator or rom fucked up or am i just a retard

HELP ME Holla Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

moriyashrine.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No touhou fan actually gives a shit about the games.

Starting with the PC-98 games was your first mistake.

We already have a thread

Start by posting in the proper thread.

Those are called secondaries.

The general storyline of all Touhou games is thusly:

Your shrine is being fucked up by youkai. Are you a bad enough miko to save your shrine?

Skip the first 5 or 6 games. and you should be fine.

pic related.

ok that's simple enough.

but wtf is wrong with the text?
pic related

whats wrong with the first 5 games?

forgot the pic

They arn't as good as the windows games.

Why is there a bloody anus?
Did she just rape space until it bled out of its ass?

Yuuka is too pure to commit such atrocities.

So she's a witness.
She needs to be interrogated, where can I find her?

That's not true. I 1CC'd IN on hard and did the extra stage, and I can usually clear EOSD and SA on normal

In a flower field probably.

>>>/tg/

She'll be going away for a long time if she's growing poppies, so help me god.

WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP ME

What do you need help on? I just downloaded them all in a single pack and they all worked.

Oh, didn't see.
My last statement still stands, I just downloaded them all in a single pack and they all worked. I don't think your system region language should matter since its an emulator, but again, mine just worked…

That was your first mistake.

Start with 7.
From there, play 6 or 8.
If you picked 6: Play 8, then every other game after 8 in chronological order.
If you picked 8: Play 10 then every other game after 10 in chronological order.

Touhou 6 (The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil) is a game I suggest skipping only because it doesn't have the most important gameplay mechanic to a casual player: Visible hitbox on Focus (slowed movement).

Touhou 1-5 are archaic and not worth playing unless you're already a fan of the series.

i just downloaded 2hu-6 and it works fine so… im probably just going to play that for a while

why is yuuka playing ADOM

Touhou is a series of “danmaku” or “bullet hell” shooting games created by Team Shanghai Alice. These games typically revolve around solving incidents that take place in Gensokyo, and consists of tons of aspects based on Japanese or Eastern mythology, folklore, and traditions.
If you’re interested in playing the games, they’re in Japanese. However, there are patches that translate these games into English. Here’s a website that has a list of links where you can download the games. moriyashrine.org/
Most of the game downloads on this website are pre-patched with static translations. If you want to start off with an easier game, Imperishable Night (Touhou 8) and Ten Desires (Touhou 13) are the easiest.

just use the friggin hitbox sprite patch

Go away, Remilia.

I believe you need to set the font in the emulator. Did the files you got it with come with a font? Mine came with a .bmp that apparently contains the font.

Why are you not playing real shumps, instead of this poojin trash?

A shitton have been ported to computers, and there's MAME. No excuse.

no its ridiculous that someone would suggesting skipping the game when the solution is so easy. the worst that could happen is that some score-purists shun him if he tries to gloat.

theres too much great music, fun gameplay and memorable characters to just shove to the side like that.

Touhou is interesting and gives you good reasons to explore the game's content and background beyond the games.
Games like Dodonpachi don't have that.

Because 'real shmups' are shitty pay2win garbage.

is that what were calling coin munchers now?

so i fucked with the font setting and i got it to work.
still moon runes but progress is progress

None, just read the wiki and look up the dank memes.

i wonder how many lists i got put on for crawling through youtube for remixes

Start with the 6th or 7th game (I heard the 6th one has some problems with newer versions of DirectX though), play the first 5 when you've played all the others.

Which emulator are you using? I followed some instructions on some forum for T98-Next and had no problem.

Why the fuck will Touhou not let me rebind keyboard controls?