RTS has vehicles that arent tanks/dont hover

Does this aggravate your autism user?

Yes, but the alternative would propably be worse. Imagine the unit taking slow a turn, hitting an obstacle on the way and getting stuck.

Warfare has the correct behavior for wheeled vehicle and that's exactly why they suck dick

THIS HALFTRACK SMELLS LIKE VOLKSGRENADIERS

FULL JEEP, GO

GUNNER AIM THE TURRET AT THE CAMERA IN THE SKY

I'm more pissed off at the fact that artillery is usually a stationary building.
It would be so much better if you could tow them with a tank or an armored car but no.
Pretty much pointless to use them especialy in CoH since even a braindead player can just call an air strike on it.

That's what you get tbh

What is it exactly that you're talking about? I mean, what do you mean by "usually"?

In CoH, the Brits are the only ones who HAVE to plonk down fixed structures to bombard the enemy. I don't know about CoH 2, since I've only played the demo back in 2013, but I haven't seen many other RTSes with fixed artillery.

Granted that being able to tow the fuckers would be much nicer though.

Youre playing the wrong games.

Not really, I hate when pic related happens though

The solution is to play more RTT than RTS if that's what gets up your ass, was for me at least.

Yeah it's complete horseshit when a fucking tank needs to make a wide turn.
I don't expect devs to know every little detail about the aspects of war machines, but I do expect them to know that a fucking tank can pretty much turn around in place and gtfo if it needs to.

It's okay user, show me where the panther touched you. It cant hurt you here.

There are SPG's in Coh2 but they're fucking garbage. They're a waste of fuel and manpower since call ins are twice better and you dont run a risk of losing them.
Not so much in the first one but I didn't find them very usefull. I did love the hummel though just because its a sexy spg.

Men of war has much more satisfying artillery than any warhammer game.

Why not just reverse? It's safer that way.

Or even just shift into reverse.
Hell, they made this a mechanic in C&C 3 with reverse-move, so it's not like it can't be done.

UO isn't an RTS user.

when are you gonna host that shit again, you little shit

That too, yeah.
That image in had me thinking more along the lines of a full on retreat where the driver would need to turn around in order to see where the fuck he's going.

Xonotic is the next gamenight next week.
UO won't come around again for at least 3 months. Give me a sec and I'll find the current schedule.

Why no gamenight this week? Xonotic looks unplayable with lag.

Well then you propably know that they avoided turning in place since it had a risk of breaking transmission / treads.
Even in the later war tanks like tiger and such that had the ability to roll treads in opposite directions at the same time since like I mentioned it put a huge strain on the tank.
If a turn could be made normally without putting the tank and crew at a terrible risk then they would do it normally.

It's the commanders job to tell where the tank needs to go since he can see 360 degrees. Well atleast in non shit tanks anyway.

Even if they didn't turn in place a tank can still make some pretty tight turns when it needs to.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be better when if driver can also see obstacles in front of him and react faster than he would if he had to rely on the commander's warnings?

*wouldn't it be better if
t. non-proofreading faggot

We run once every two weeks for a few reasons, see the top of picrelated.
I'm working on getting an EU server to go with the host's current US server, lag shouldn't be a huge issue. I'm more concerned that anons might be scared off by arena shooters being hard on new players but that's also being looked into.
As I explained in the gamenight thread the next three games after this lot will be Project Reality, Ace of Spades and Shattered Horizon but not necessarily in that order.

sounds like a plan? I need the vidya

Well if you want to host something for just a few people throw up a thread and do it, it normally isn't too hard if you aren't completely Holla Forums-illiterate.

What's objectively the best RTT and why is it World in Conflict

Because Bannon did nothing wrong.

Because anything that we like or love gets taken away from us or just gets killed.

He was a hero, damn it. A hero!

I was surprised that I actually got invested in the characters and story in the game, 10/10
WiC 2 NEVER EVER EVER

did they ever fix the windows 7 thing?

I wish I remember what I did off by heart, but basically I made it so it started up without DirectX10, changed some display and graphical settings and then restarted and it worked fine.

I hear that there was an update for win7 that basically FUCKED dx10 on every game. So much so that RE5 was patched to launch in dx9 and removed dx10 option.

All you really need to do is look up the name of the update and then uninstall it from your computer and you can use dx10. That's how I got WiC working until my computer autoupdated.

Yeah heard that as well, but the update that said it was wasn't there to remove so got around by disabling DirectX10 manually.
Fuck nigger, you shouldn't do that honestly. Most of the time Windows updates do more harm than good to your system

What you are talking about in skid-steer, while some wheeled vehicles are skid-steer lots of RTS's fuck shit up because it's easier to code. To answer your question yes, this displeases me.

still not as bad as "bad guys ahead, tank roll back with your frontal armor facing them"
Tank: "fuck you ima turn around and get shot in the back because you clicked to far away or double clicked which means go full speed".

cnc 3 and if i recall correctly red alert 3 both have special move commands to have tanks move in reverse, its important because tanks have more frontal armor

Syrian Warfare AKA Clumsy Warfare, still a good game.

And when they dont turn like that you get shit like men of war assault squad where its complete bullshit.

Also, this reminds me of another thing that really triggers my nigger
Fuck this shit forever.

This makes sense, less faggotry from faggots that don't play games or abbos.

Wargame Red Dragon.

There should really be a special command to tell a tank unit to attack by driving over them, trying to find the perfect trajectory for a single unit is lame.

That's fuggin awesome t. /ogc/ who never play the rts

Red Alert 2 had this feature.
Yuri's Revenge had battle fortresses, which could run over walls.

Unless the AI is perfect and never does stupid shit like in , which it always will do because AIs are fucking dumb, it would be a horrible idea. Wide turns work in a game where you have direct control of the vehicle, but it would be awful in one when you aren't the one managing it yourself.

literally describes mowas2

Indeed worth a torrent at least. But holy living fuck do the tanks AI/pathfinding need some work

They have computers now?

abbos are great inventors and engineers after all

Of course idiot. How else they gonna do their centrelink job reports n shit? having said that im pretty certain i havent ever played with one ffs. Imagine that annoying af abo accent blarring at you.

and im to lazy to do i myself

not deffending company of heroes though, that is the most RNG based, unbalaced piece of shit RTS, with one of the worst AI difficulty settings (AI difficulty is purely artificial, it doesnt add to the effectivnes of its decision making or APM, just raises accuracy, dmg, health pools).

in coh1 or 2?
because in 1 they ai has noticably less units on the field if you play on easy

oh shit, Im not sure about easy, never tried it I think

but from what I know its
normal - everything has its stats at 100%

are there even any rts/rtt games with good ai?

jesus christ

normal - everything has its stats at 100%
anything above normal - stats go up, AI is still dumb

SC2 has AI with 0% artificial difficulty elements and it is pretty solid when compared to other RTS games, but its still easy to beat when you stop being bad at the game.

RTS games dont have mechanics that would be enough trivial and straightforward to make an unbeatable AI.

/o/ here Please visit us, just wanted to say it's not impossible for a wheeled vehicle to turn on it's axis. Just very uncommon.

HOLY SHIT THAT IS INTERESTING

You… are still alive?

There's a reason motherfucking chess is so famous.

This is also the reason for AW to be the best strategy vidyagaem ever.

well thats a pitty

Try the 4d ones.

B-But muh garand… muh full jeep :c

The audacity of this nigger…

I'll forgive it just because pathfinding is already a bitch in RTS games. What I won't forgive is vehicles moving sideways in SupCom 2.

are you even trying ?

and who the fuck said anything about ASSFAGOTS