I'm considering using my tax return to either get a PS4 or a New 3DS

I'm considering using my tax return to either get a PS4 or a New 3DS.

Considering I'm mainly on PC and do nothing than play with my friends, whether it be league, Titanfall 2 or something else that requires fucking insane grinding because at least its free.
However, if I buy one or the other, I want to be able to get into a community and not be locked to single-player bullshit.
And considering that the PS4 has a monthly subscription for online play, I'm very much leaning towards the 3ds (and I have friends that play pokemon).

Though, what's Holla Forums's opinion on the matter? which one should I invest money into?

3DS

I mean, what exclusives does it have over the PS4? What does it do better?

You should be asking what worthwhile games the PS4 has instead.

nice dub dubs, but I don't care about tomb raider with a penis or personal problems 5.

There are no worthwhile PS4 exclusive multiplayer games, so just get a 3DS for a better library of single player games.

PC + Handheld is the true master race.

The new 3DS is more nogames than the PS4.
Both are shit, but at least the PS4 has a few interesting titles rather than the rehashed trash of the 3Ds.

I think your best option is to just (((buy))) PC games. The 3DS doesn't really have any online games and the PS4 doesn't have any good exclusives. There's a lot of free, good single-player bullshit if you CFW a 3DS (IIRC it works on any 3DS below the firmware released last week), though.

3DS is a better investment as you can immediately pirate all of its library.

Nah, I don't pirate.

I also like having physical cartridges

then you might want to consider that stuff that came out when the 3DS launched is still barely discounted and it will cost a fortune to buy mediocre games

I played my 3DS religiously for Animal Crossing, Pokemon X, Zelda 3D+Majora's Mask, and Rune factory 4. I have not touched it since aside from trying the new pokemon games, which sucked. I regret buying it honestly, its a dust magnet and the games that I played, while fun, were not worth it ultimately.

My PS4 I've played pretty consistently since buying it. It pisses me off though because I have all these old Ps2 games on my PSN account that run on PS3 but not PS4 and I won't be rebuying them or buying into this PSNow bullshit for a product I already own. Its bad business and if you're a conscious customer I'd recommend steering away from the PS4 despite a large handful of decent games.

tl;dr buy neither -t. a retard who bought both

If you're not gonna pirate, you might as well get the nogamezstation4. If I get a 3DS down the road, it will be to pirate nintenyearold games only.

Hack the 3ds and get unlimited games

Pokemon has a bit of multiplayer to it, but the real meat is single player. Definitely worth getting into, especially if you know a bunch of people into the series.

Monster Hunter would probably be the deciding factor on weather to get a 3DS or not.

If you do get a 3DS, I recommend the free picross games online. There's a Zelda themed one you can get from club nintendo pretty easily, and a Pokemon themed one (microtransactions, but you can get everything without paying easy).
They aren't worth getting a 3DS just for it, but it's good for a coffee break during work.

Get a 3DS and Hack it,simple as that.

Not sure. I probably wouldn't buy any console, but if I had to make a choice it'd be a close call.

On one hand the PS4 has a couple exclusives which I'd like to play like Nioh and Yakuza, maybe Bloodborne for the hell of it, but other than those few worthwhile exclusives it kind of ends there. On the other I heard the 3DS is easily hackable now, but then I don't really care that much for Nintendo titles although some have their charm. Not much use in buying a hackable handheld if you don't really care much for the games..

So in the end I'd consider both to be unsatisfactory purchases, but you should do some research yourself on if either platform has any games you're interested in. You should have done this regardless. Don't fucking buy a console if you don't know what's on it.

Well if you're going to be a fag like that then I'd definitely go for the PS4.

If budget is a concern, the 3DS wins hands down. You can pirate everything and Nintendo can't tell the difference, even for multiplayer. However, there aren't very many games with a multiplayer focus on the 3DS.

Getting a Ps4 when you already have a gaming pc seems redundant. Get the 3DS - free online. Or the Wii U if you want something for when your friends come over.

Oh right, I forgot the PS4 has paid online. Fuck it. Save the money.

Nioh is pretty fun as is Yakuza. Bloodborne has the best vibes and setting when it comes to a souls game. Persona 5 is pretty comfy to play and Uncharted is cheap and pretty fun for its price. It also at least gets some free multiplayer games that while they are just PC ports they are at least free.

PS4 has paid online that you really don't need unless you want to get the shitty free games they offer every month or if you want to play like cowadoody online. I only sub to PS+ because I have a ps3 as well and I enjoy the little library of free games I've built over the years. That and cooping in Nioh helps grind out Divines.

You shouldn't even make a fucking thread asking about something like that if you are that retarded, what even is your reason ?

It's summer already?

I have a Wii U. It's good good for the exclusives it has, having the option to play off screen while your catching up on TV, and having a TV remote that you'll never lose and recharges it's batteries.

The only big plus is it will probably be easier to find cheap ones as the switch gains momentum.

The TV remote thing isn't a joke, it's surprisingly convenient and something I wish other systems tried to do

3ds
ps4

i like my 3ds but i mostly use it for drawing and og ds games that i missed out on as a kid

i'll probably get a ps4 for srw v & tekken 7 if the pc version ends up being shit

You sound like the most normal of all normalfags to ever infest this board. Now get the fuck out, holy shit. This has to be bait.

GET THE PS4

Titanfall 2 is actually a good game though.

Tablets do make handy tv controllers. I've got a fire tv stick and using my samsung tablet as a remote is pretty handy and easy.

why would you even play mediocre games in the first place?

I don't know, ask the people that think the 3DS is a good console

Doesn't matter how large it is, 5 games are 5 games.

5 beats 3.

I still laugh at all the people who got permabanned who pirated the newest pokemon game on their nonjailbroken 3DSs

Except to pirate Sun and Moon you had to jail break your 3DS, you moron. What they did to get banned was played online like fucking retards before launch.

Pretty sure that was a jape, I played online before release and I wasn't banned

I'd say that the PS4 has finally gotten to the point where it's probably worth owning, but the N3DS is definitely a better buy - especially if you hack it.

t. idort that owns every current gen console (including an Xbone and a Switch)

OP is an irredeemable faggot, but he raises a good question. Is there any community that would be enjoyable to get into these days, or are they all full of normalfags and cancer?

I've tried playing with people from here before. The ones I've played with in games that basically require adding someone on a social network like Steam were all fags. The people that only use in-game accounts and chat in the threads (like anons playing MMOs together) I have had great fun playing with, but we never add each other outside of the game and lose touch afterward.

The fact that we don't come to imageboards to socialize is what makes us get along so well, but at the same time, it would be kinda nice to have internet friends again.

SOME Discord communities are alright. Keyword SOME. Others are complete cancer.

The Nihon-Falcom discord is pretty funny, plus their taste in vidya is decent. Most folks on there know moonrunes so it's one of the better places to discuss imports.

Also this is one of the more interesting cultural rifts between Holla Forums and cuckchan. Lots of people used to use Steam as like "facebook for autists." Now discord seems to be ubiquitous with cuckchanners, and people here either have twitters (useful to both GG and Holla Forums for propagandizing) or stopped using social media altogether. Maybe it's better this way, leaving the circlejerks to cuckchan, but I get the sense that I'm never going to make any internet friends again at this rate.

You're delusional if you don't think plenty of folks on here use Discord. Not saying it's necessarily good or bad, but there's a fucking "official" Holla Forums Discord ffs.

You sound like a cancerous normalfag.

Don't fall for Holla Forums's long running le nintendo iz gud meme, OP.
The 3DS is a library of rehashes, shovelware and the most inferior version of multiplats.
Get the PS4 for a handful of interesting exclusives if you MUST blow your money.
You already have a PC. Why are you bored of it?

Newer versions of the PS4 have fucked up issues (loud fan, overheating) and paid online.

3DS has been out for longer, has the larger library (though it's not getting new stuff recently. A non-issue if you want to play the older games), and issues are how it attracts dirt (use screen protectors), shitty speakers (use headphones), and an arguable battery life (keep it charged).

I always go by the rule of 5 & 10.
If it has 5 games on launch, and another 5 in the future you know are gonna be good, then it's worth it.

3DS is slightly better IMO, providing you dig into their past catalog.
PS4 needs time to not be a fuck-up. And more PS titles are getting ported to PC. You'll see a PS title on PC before you see a 3DS title on PC at least.

I'm sure mark's circlejerk is still going on behind the scenes but I've never seen a discord linked here.

I could not possibly be less of a normalfag.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not "so lonely" looking for someone to latch onto like the faggots in the Steam Friend Threads of old. I'm just sitting here, shitposting anonymously forever, and wondering if I'm ever going to know someone pseudonymously again.
Maybe video games just fucking suck these days and there's nothing worth bonding over any more.

He used to have it linked. It's not anymore though.

Plus it's a portable which is always a plus

That's the only reason why I bought a 3DS. I bought a PS4 because I was angry and needed some distraction. Then Yakuza 0 came out.

This

It has free shit, nigger.

3DS tbh. It still has more games than PS4 plus piracy and shit.

Get a Vita :^)

What did he mean by this?

3DS might have more games but it only has a few enjoyable ones and even then I find myself using my PS4 more than my 3DS. I only ever really enjoyed SMT4, MH and Bravely Default on the 3DS. PS4 has more enjoyable and engaging games than 3DS imo. Either way you could save yourself money if you just stick to PC.

I own both and it's a tough call. The PS4 has some noice exclusives which are mainly singleplayer-experiences though. The 3DS on the other hand has a couple of games which have a fleshed out singleplayer and multiplayer, like, you aleready mentioned, the Pokémon series, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Mario Kart 7 and … yeah, that's it.

If your friends are open for Monster Hunter then I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 3DS because the tremendous depth a MH game offers and the time you can invest are worth the money.

3DS for sure, especially since you have friends who have it. Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Fantasy Life, LBX, Kirby, Zelda, Mario. If you have a decent PC there isn't really a reason to get a PS4 unless you really want Persona 5 or Bloodborne or something.

Nintendo just pumps out the same childish bullshit every year. They will never get my money for pokemon 46 firewater, or mariocart minor graphical update edition.

You can play better MH games via emulation and even do multiplayer on PC.

Diamond and Pearl were the last two interesting games that weren't a remake.

This is why literally all of middle class America are poor and shit and live paycheck-to-paycheck.

Not entirely true. The cost of living in some areas is just asinine. However people do tend to overspend. Shit here in California is just plain expensive even up in the North. We have a 7.5% statewide sales tax for example, while it isn't the highest it is the highest statewide sales tax. I'm just glad I am moving out of here in a few months, although I am going to miss the legal weed.

Its depressing really
>i cant get a new computer because "you spend too much time playing on your current one" i don't, its a piece of shit that cant handle anything more strenuous than a movie site & file transferring
SHit they were complaining how they couldnt eat out so i offered to teach how to make cheap simple lunch or just take leftovers with them (on the rare chance they actually left something) for two weeks to save money to go out to a fancy place and that was somehow too hard.
sage for blogshit i needed to vent and that sentence hit too close to home

There are universities that will cover almost all the cost to attend my user. They might not be a Harvard, but they are still respectable and you can get the degree you might want.

this is why Americans are getting poor when they busy buying Pepsi Zero and ignoring property taxes

fucking kill yourself

Why has no one banned your ass for being underage and posting here?

tax returns are not free money, you fucking retard

His Holla Forumstard/total biscuit tier parents are punishment enough.

College is a scam anyway. He's better off learning a trade.

Same goes for education overpay loans, my user.

Honestly it depends on where you are at and if he is in USA or not. Tbh its best to get a general degree in biology if you are in the states because you can enter a shitload of programs with it and get pell grants.

Did you know that you can do more with money than spending it on shit? If you feel like gambling, you can invest. You can also put it in a savings account until you're ready to buy real-estate.

Did you know that by living in some states you literally get fucked and if you really want to save you have to cut internet/cable.

But you literally get fucked, so why save at all?

I never mentioned it.