Games you're sure only you give a shit about

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/gvsoxr
steamcommunity.com/app/225600/discussions/0/135508031955273443/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yo, just popping in to say that shit was rad as hell

Like fighting fantsy books with a cool UI and shit

Agreed, Crimson Shroud is one of the best rpgs in the past generation. Music is fucking dank, writing is fantastic, gameplay is great. Some parts are a bit annoying but overall it's a great game. Also, the new game plus actually adds a lot of shit and changes the plot substantially. Also, if you believe the art, the main characters are in some sort of hot bisexual threesome where they constantly spitroast the gypsy.

It was pretty neat. Definitely a game that I'd like to see sequel to expand upon what it did/successor game that takes the same concepts.
More vidya RPGs should let you roll the dice.

Seeing how this is about to turn into a Crimson Shroud thread, I'm currently replaying the whole thing from scratch after getting stuck on NG+ Witch Kings. Any strats I should keep in mind?

For when you want to catch bugs, pick flowers, fish comfily, and fight to the death with local wildlife.

Parts 2 and 3 NEVER EVER
RIP

As someone who's racist against RGPs, I thought it was okay. Not something I'd rave about but it was interesting enough and the mechanics were pretty cool.

Guess I'll give it another look then. Does it end with you destroying the world this time?

I have to admit that was neat. Fault was a neat addition.

I don't even think people have ever heard of this. Not surprising though since it did have a lot of unappealing elements, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

I really enjoyed Crimson Shroud, but I can never get the good ending. I keep replaying it over and getting stuck in an endless loop on track for the bad/incomplete ending.

I'm glad it's dead

Holy equipment?

It was shit. Shit writing, shit music, shit gameplay. Literally a glorified phone game.

Digital only in the west yes?

I've had that on my backlog for years. Someday, I'll play Spacechem with robots.

The game basically didn't sell outside Japan… or in Japan… but it's wonderful.

Had never heard of it, back in the 90s, but my friend had it. Borrowed it and me and my brother fell in love with it. Really neat mechanics with paint vats where you jump in, either halfway or all the way, and can combine colors to do different things.

You might like this, I've been sitting on this folder of user made robots and such.

sendspace.com/file/gvsoxr

I was really hoping this game and mercenary Saga 2 would come out on PC sometime. Too bad mistwalker is in love with console exclusives.

They're already up to Mercenary Saga 3.

While everyone else was playing doom, I played this shit back in the mid 90s. Basically, it was doom in spaceships. Not like Descent, the rooms were far more open, and the weapons were pretty fucking wacky. The game got really unbalanced once you got Torpedoes, there was basically no reason to use any other weapon once you got them, since they locked on better than seeking missiles, did more damage, and were more ammo efficient.

I'm actually hoping to make a game inspired by this one if I can ever learn how to make at least some of my own game assets. With balanced weapons, of course.

how is that game? and is that a 3ds nintendo shop exclusive?

Heard it's like an OK Tactics Ogre.

I still remember beating Bearminator with my buddy at 2 in the morning.

I played custom robo as a retarded child and am now emulating it and its pretty fun but i have noone to talk to about it, pretty sure noone cares about it.

Did you know iNiS and Yoko Taro teamed up to make an EBA/Ouendan-style rhythm game? Probably not, because it was mobile-only and removed from iTunes and Google after two years due to no support.

>beat that pogo level on the second try
good times.

They made one for the DS

Peter doesn't play games

Think I actually heard about it somewhere. Something along the lines of a composer I liked having worked on its OST; Kikuta maybe.

I actually found out about that when I was wondering what Yoko Taro was involved in outside of Drakengard and Nier.

Literally never seen a thread about it in 9 years. Honest.

Comfy gaming

Simple but challenging battle system with a cute story and good music. Plus, I love seeing the creatures I drew fight.

Don't play Design and Destroy. It came after but somehow it is objectively lower quality. Less content, no saving system, etc. Nothing new.

3$
never beat it
lost the disc

That game has the most comfy atmosphere ever. Loved it as a kid.

I had this game. I remember there was one dude that kept fucking my shit up. I think it was the second one, he had a hammer or something like that. I only ever beat him once.

That pink haired guy.
Tonga?

Tomba, or Tombi in EU.

that game was so bullshit
why the fuck were there so many random character deaths
like 3 characters die in one cutscene for stupid slapstick reasons

I'm just Curious if anyone else knows this game even exists. Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage

I could never get into it as a kid due to the games really slow pace. It seems like an interesting game, but I found this video that's way further then I ever got in the game, but the players movement speed outside of combat looks agonizingly slow.

I made the retarded mistake of asking for an n64 instead of a ps1 as a kid. Got this game when I requested an rpg from my parents. It was alright, managed to clear it once.

The only things I remember are how fucking shaky every character's hands were when it came to aiming, and that you could blast holes in the ground deep enough to fall into and die.

You could probably count the amount of N64 RPG's on one hand.

to my dying day i will lament the lack of a translation for the super famicom LOTRK

Did you ever play My life as a dark lord?
I never got around to that one since the wii online got shut down

I couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd level legitimately, i eventually just looked up cheats on gamefaqs and went through the game that way and like every 2 fucking levels they'd just start killing characters for dramatic effect.
all the mechanically good ones too.

Same. I never got past level 3 I think, but I was seven or eight when I played it. Probably bought it because it was 3$ and had cool edgy dude with gun on the cover.

I had just got it with my xbox alongside halo 2 and brute force.
i actually liked brute force…

Yay, Crimson Shroud. The only one that comes to mind when I recommend good very short RPGs.

This is what phone games should aspire to, since it is immersive and perfect for a small screen. Not the current trend of no depth and lots of paywalls.

That'll probably change soon, judging by that not-April Fools thing.

I'm so glad this game is relatively forgotten and can rest in piece.
While I am sad there will be no more, I am overjoyed that the fucking furries jesus christ didn't get their hands on it.

You want a really good CR-style game that nobody gave a shit about? No customization, but controls a lot smoother once you understand how it works. First game came out well before CR too, the sequel came out at about the same time as the N64 CR game.

Posting this for the express purpose of finding others who give a shit about it.
I don't play it anymore, and I think it would be a bad idea to go back, but it's a very big source of nostalgia.

It's one of the best experiences on the 3DS.

If you're talking about arcade robot deathmatch there's more choices like gundam breaker, Gundam Vs Gundam, and Gatcha Force.

Slow down nigga. Because that game is the shit. I still get comfy and do a playthrough on the vita

Precursors was flavor of the month a few years ago on half Holla Forums. That's a very fun game.

Holy shit. My fucking nigga.

albait a bit repetitive

Once ran into a bug playing Harbinger that caused several TRILLION uan to drop in a single pickup. No idea how that happened really

Everyone here should know Septerra core, and Geneforge is rather prolific

Alien Shooter is a short and extremely simple game, but it was fun back then and it still made one of my night shifts fly by in a minute by replaying it.
Only got my hands on Alien Shooter 2 recently, feels like a top-down S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I feel like, with just a few additions, a remake/sequel/spiritual successor would be the coolest fucking thing this gen.

I can't get that one fucken key from the skeleton swarm.

Blade symphony was/is a pretty decent sword fighting game, I used to play the shit out of it years ago. It was infuriatingly difficult and cheap at times but I loved it. Then they shut down the official servers and now only a few autists keep private servers up.

Tower Unite is made by the same people who did Gmod Tower. I'm pretty sure even the devs don't care about it any more.

They should have named it Icarus. Because they tried to fly too close to the sun

They are planning to make Blade Symphony free to play
steamcommunity.com/app/225600/discussions/0/135508031955273443/

fun game but autistic.

It is, given that pretty much everything on Victoria Island has been redone to make it more compact.
The only way you can get your nostalgia is from private servers. But you know those are desolate and lack the community feel.
All the newer content is shite, and Maplestory 2 is of course not nearly as comfy.

At least you can always listen to the music. And lets be fair, the music is the only really good quality about MS. Everything else is shitty grindan and babby's first MMO nostalgia.

I'm sure I'm like the only person here who keeps frequently mentioning it whenever possible.

the yougay watch fag can go suck a lemon

Imagine my surprise when after playing for over a decade I finally found out you can get the shotgun as early as Waterloo waterpark.

I beat that game like six times I fucking LOVED Shadow Madness. I mean, years later it turned out it was actually not a good game, but I loved it nevertheless. Good writing, great music, decent pre-rendered backgrounds… and then everything else.

Yu-no has been an imageboard favorite for years mate, you are far from the only one that cares about it.

I wish people would talk about it more. The entire second half of the game was a mind fuck and I can never get it out of my head.

I played so much Cactus Arcade I ended up failing a college course because I didn't pay attention in class.

Yeah well that game is the tits. Loved it. I almost didn't play it due to emulation issues with the 1st stage (which I fixed after a bit of research), but boy was I glad to stick with it.

Loved it. I think I accidentally deleted my save, but it's been long enough that I could stand to replay it.

Wanted to love it. Ghost ship section was incredible, ancient woodland internet was cool. But why was it a dungeon-based game where you farm pieces of gear? The best blueprints drop in the last zone, but you can just beat it and the game's over.

You're not alone, friendo. Game was dank.

Sending your 'troops' home because they were sick, but they wanted to fight anyway to impress you was the cutest shit.

The soundtrack to that game was great.

I'll post this because I've never seen anyone else talk about it.

PICK A CARD!

Cypher best

I played Minimum like 2 years ago, they didnt have too many maps but the titans and armor was neat

Good times

Can't buy it anywhere far as I know.

i regret not giving it a whirl. i thought army men would be around longer.

ive yet to play a spiderweb game i didnt love. though, using geneforge controls in the later avernum games wasnt the best call i think.

I played the PS1 version, are they any different?
I remember it being incredibly unforgiving, and kinda shitty, but melting plastic soldiers with a flamethrower was fun enough to keep my young self's attention for quite a few hours.
The 2-player base vs base mode was pretty good.

That guy on the cover reminds me of PC-tan

I bet most people don't even know the platform it was released on exists.

MY NIGGA

You are not alone, comrade.

"YAHOOOO"
easily one of the greatest cube games ever made and yet people only remember TYD and Melee.

buy a pstv and play it on that. It should be dirt cheap.