The grittiness of these games validates me as an adult for liking a children's fantasy series

The grittiness of these games validates me as an adult for liking a children's fantasy series.

Your still a fag for liking one of, if not the objectively worst sci-fi franchise,

This or Star Trek?

But we are not talking about Mass Effect here.

What's wrong with what he said?

Star Wars is kiddy trash and is the go-to definition of something to popular for it's own good. One-dimensional characters, autistic fanbase, corporatism out the ass, I could keep going but that'd be too long and you can assemble the rest of the points. Star Wars is shit and killed sci-fi.

You're gonna have to try better than that, unless you're actually one of those Star Wars fags who refused to watch Trek and as such just assumes it's shit.

Still got my >(You)

Yeah, good for you.

Star Wars is space opera with spirituality as the main plot. Coincidentally, it was also set in the future, so redditplebs regard it as a science fiction.

And yes, Star Wars is deeper than any of those flicks. A society that has reached the peak of technological progress would abandon all fascination of it and depend their civilization on spiritual leaders. The force is something within us and above us. It is the metaphor for the Holy Spirit that resides with us. Those who lives by the force lives forever. It's not scifi, it's a christian propaganda.

don't mind me, just posting the best sci fi author, but not his best book

so Jesus could choke people out with air?
guess I should convert then

*tips menorah*

Well me personally, I love just how deep and spiritual they are the flicks I mean, well I mean films (flicks is a term that I only use to describe lesser 'movies' like Pixels or the Harry Potter franchise) because they speak to me personally very deeply like the Bioshock plot twist or Fight Club (that was soooo deep, it gives me the chills, geek chills) although I didn't look at the franchise that way until a Youtube video pointed it out and now I totally believe it because I can use fan theories to reinforce and change my opinions on things that I didn't hold as highly before.

Anyways for you faggots that are saying you can't enjoy Star Wars and actual SciFi as well, you're faggots. Dune is probably one of the better ones, but it kinda gets really freaky later on.

You need to lay off the memes and start doing some actual research, user.

I think you got taken for a ride.

Pretentious mumbo jumbo to make Star Wars look better than it actually is, I do agree that Lucas is near-kino though.

I remember this fag posting something similar on Holla Forums in February/March he's serious unless there's a copypasta I'm not aware of.

Why even live…
Did you count Rygel XVI two times?

It was criminal for Farscape to get cancelled

At least it got 4 seasons and closure with The Peacekeeper Wars.
Think about it getting the Firefly threatment…

Star Wars isn't SF, it's fantasy with lasers. Some EU content arguably crosses into SF.

You would think we would be drowned in Star Wars games from EA by now

Speaking of Dark Forces II, did the source engine for the first one ever get completed?

Pretty sure DarkXL is dead and abandoned with gamebreaking bugs. When I tried to play through it a year or so ago, it was impossible to finish the game as one of the areas with switches was completely non-functional.

Just you wait.

You need to stop watching sci-fi movies and start watching sci-fi kino.

I was going to include those but sci-fi wasn't their main focus.

Star Trek had the original race mixing promotion. Fuck off.

They are both space fantasy, but Star Wars at least isn't a bland dystopian fever-dream.

Great films, but irrelevant since neither are science fiction.

The Jedi are pretty adamant that the Dark Side of the Force is a big no-no, not something you need in equal measure to the Light Side.
Meanwhile, almost all Sith are basically Lucifer retold. Bunch of gits that got spurn from other communities because they wanted to think for themselves and acted on their passion. Guess what satanism is all about? Acting on your passions and doing what you want regardless of anyone else.

Star Wars is not about maintaining the balance in the Force with the Jedi being grey and trying to keep one side from dominating the other. They pretty are the knights in shiny armor robes who fight against anyone following the Dark Side, a part of the Force that's know to heavily corrupt anyone taking part in it.

If there's any critic to be made about Star Wars is that it treats the Force like a mystical thing for which it establishes very little rules except "whatever helps the plot move along" while Star Trek actually spends several episodes explaining just what the fuck are they showing you now.
It's still a pretty nice SciFi franchise and there's some cool elements there, but it's far from being the best or even near it since it's more Fiction than Science there.

That's a shame, I was hoping after Dark Forces the guy would have worked on Blood like he planned.

but it takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

I bet you like prog rock too.

I KNOW WHAT THAT ISSSS
Are we referencing things like redditors now?

This is why we can't have nice things.
But Star Wars does suck.

I like some, stuff King Crimson, Yes, and Genesis(Peter Gabriel era), but a lot of it is pretty boring. I'm not crazy about Rush for example. Limelight is their only song that I really like.

Tom Sawyer is a great song.

Best star war coming through.

What star wars theme does this sound like? It's so familiar…

MEGUSA. SQUEEZE THEM.

ITT: fags post about some obscure sci-fi bullshit nobody cares about to make themselves seem cooler to other strangers online for not consuming Star Wars material, unaware that their only notoriety on the internet will forever be repeating "hey, i read this" on various forums and thread

you do realize that the split between sci-fi and fantasy only happened in the 90s cause a group of women writers split off the sci-fi scene because of icky star trek fans, and were mad that they had to compete against actually good sci-fi writers to win any prizes at all?

Nah.

faggot

Yeah, that fucking diva Tolkien. Fucking bitch couldn't compete with Jar Jar Binks.
You are fucking retarded, the point of SciFi and fantasy is entirely different, their stories told through very diverging ways, they are not the same at all.
Feminism doesn't explain everything, faggot

You mean you don't see how Hobbit and Starship Troopers are the game genre?

Good sci-fi isn't even remotely comparable to fantasy.

Dark Forces 1/2 remakes NEVER EVER.

Fucking Disney.

Nice (1), have a >(You).

No, I don-
Oh right, how could I forget the iconic scene of Gandalf with his hand over Smaug's head saying "He's afraid!"

I disagree. Good Fantasy is pretty good but it's a whole different boat. Good fantasy gives you really interesting characters with multi-faceted personalities, interesting worlds and really, really good political stories. They often have their own rules for magic and how the world works and then use said rules to build the story to great effect. That series that's pretty much not-Witcher is pretty cool for instance.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT STARSHIP TROOPERS THE BOOK YOU BLOODY WANKER

Seriously kill yourself if you actually liked 2001 and that shitty Dune movie.

Fixed that for you.

The story was told from an unknown perspective.

Nice try, white slaver.

But the heroes of Star Wars wanted to eradicate evil and condemned all forms of dark force. I think the balance in SW is treated more like the belief that God himself created both good and evil in christianity. Evil must exist, but good will triumph.

I'm serious. Back then, I told Holla Forums that Star Wars was a spiritual propaganda for it's eastern influence, but now I discovered that the christian doctrine is a lot more influential here. Even the parts of the lore that resemble eastern spirituality are treated with christian spirit.

Why do dumb Americans want everything to be explained? Stupid Hollywood culture. The whole point of Star Wars is establishing a mystical lore. The hi tech gizmos are just there to make a point that the civilization in SW universe has reached the peak of technological advancement, yet strives toward the spiritual.

Except tech had been steadily regressing for decades during the movie era.

Talking about tv series. There's another masterpiece.

Yes, they had reached the peak hundreds or even thousands of years prior to the setting, and the society depicted in SW had lost all their interest in technological advancement. It was stagnant, or even regressing. The civilization in the prequels wasn't led by intellectuals, but spiritual leaders.

Can you even consider Collins era Genesis to be prog rock?

Boy you folks sure are hip and cool for not liking things! I'm sure your tastes are far too superior and eclectic for us plebians
:^)

Anyways, I miss good Star Wars vidya. KOTOR was probably the last good Star Wars game.

Boy I sure am glad I'm one of many well adjusted individuals who likes things! Imagine not liking something, how gross and icky!

Yes, the heroes want to do that. But The Force is The Force. It doesn't care about the existence of good or evil as long as there is a balance of the two.
Mormon detected. Lucifer created his own mind seperate from God and became Satan after being ass blasted at God placing humans higher in favor than the angels. Do you even know anything about the religions you're talking about outside of Hollywood depictions?

And so the force didn't create evil, but dark force exists as a choice.

I mean he created creatures with free will, and good and evil will come as a result. Evil as is even the devil is made by him.

The golden age of sci-fi in the 20s and 30s knew no distinction between "fantasy" and "sci-fi" a dingus.
The only thing people who like masturbating about glorified engineering manuals and genre purity accomplished was ensuring that "Sci Fi" is dying, stuck in a ghetto and largely consumed by dysfunctional nerds.

What's the difference between science fiction and science fantasy?

I'm not assuming I'm Implying. :'^)

Autistic genre purity spiraling.

Sound propagating in empty space, for example. The ability to observe light as it moves. These are the most blatant.

Or better yet, read science fiction books that inspired them. Neither 'The Roadside Picnic' nor 'Solaris' were the best for Strugacki brothers or Lem.

((Their))) religion too.

So we should only teach children about the good things and pretent there is no evil in the world? You atheists are a crazy bunch.

Strawman harder. He was presented as a "good guy" despite all shit he did. You don't expose kids to values dissonance so early.

Star Trek was full on commie cuck propaganda. Kill yourself.

You have shit taste in music, holy fuck kill yourself.

Says you and a billion other normalfag cancer.

Early Collins was prog as shit, do even listen to music?

Or maybe you do, unless you what people to bring Harry Potter in a political debate.

I'd love to hear more.You got some verses as a reference, hombre?

Nice start assuming nationalities, you're already wrong 4 words in.

The idea is not to have things explained but to have some consistency and ground rules that make certain things expected or logical in order to keep suspension of disbelief.

If an episode of Star Trek tells me there's an engine that runs on the blood of some animal and the next episode they are hunting them down, that makes perfect sense. In fact, you can have an entire set of episodes surrounding PETA fags trying to keep the fauna alive while other desperate dudes just want enough fuel to move out of this rock.

But if they tell me that and then in the next episode fuel the engine with some new mineral that came out of nowhere, I'll question what the fucking point even is. It doesn't make sense.

Much like how The Force granting visions makes a lot of people roll their eyes. Pretty convenient to see just enough to foreshadow the future and make the plot interesting but never enough that it's actually usefull, uh?
So midiclorians, uh? Where do they come from, who has them, what are they, how do you measure this? Is The Force some sub-atomic nuclear power, kinetic energy, thermal energy or inbetween? What are the rules? How does this even begin to work?

For comparison, Star Wars is to Star Trek what Harry Potter is to Patrick Rothfuss. It's simple, it gets the job done but it's pretty clear The Force\Magic are there just to garnish the story, not to be a central element of it.

That somehow reminds me of somebody.

On the death star, right? Very last level?
I had to look up a video to progress past that part.

Tell me more what I don't understand, homo.

Science is a religion.

You're either one of those "I fucking love science" fags or an Amish.