Why on earth does Nintendo understock their products? During the Wii U and 3DS era...

Why on earth does Nintendo understock their products? During the Wii U and 3DS era, this wasnt an issue at all (save for titles that were more popular than expected like Fire Emblem Awakening), with amiibos it didnt seem like a big deal since I dont give a shit about that, but with the Switch and the NES Classic Edition its unbearable, you cant even find the systems unless you pay some scalpers top dollar for products that are already overpriced for what they're worth. Can someone explain to me the logic to this and why Nintendo is taking so long to respond to how understocked this shit is? Its not doing them any favors, they'd be losing money especially since more people own copies of Zelda on the Switch than they do actual Switch consoles, are they allergic to success and money?

Gee, I dunno

But they take months to respond, where as the PS4 even during its launch didnt pull shit like that.

Because it works.
Any other questions?

Good joke, OP.

Artificial scarcity so the jews can gouge the prices as much as they want.

Artificial scarcity is a buzzword that only Jews spew

There are a couple reasons.
Artificially restricting supply is an effective marketing strategy. It gets people talking about the product, gets them in the news when "HOLY SHIT THEY SOLD OUT OF GAMESPHERES IN ONE DAY", drives people to make impulse purchases because they don't know when they're going to get a second chance to do so. Nintendo has relied on this for a long time to get the word out about their products to normalfags.
It can be used to justify price gouging, though I honestly don't think Nintendo is as guilty of this as most think with their core products. Collectors bullshit and now accessories are definitely being gouged though.
It's also a risk mitigation strategy. If their product is a relative flop like the Wii U, they don't have millions of unsold stock sitting around.
Lastly, you have to remember that game consoles don't just appear out of thin air. They need a lot of infrastructure to produce them, and the size of your operation is directly proportional to how much product you can put out in a given period of time. It's much cheaper to run a smaller production line at full capacity 24/7 than it is to run a larger one in sporadic bursts. It's much cheaper to commit a smaller production line to produce 10 million products over the course of the year than it is commission a larger line to do it in 3 months prior to a launch. So they think, we're going to sell X million consoles to the hardcore fans in the first year regardless, we might as well spread those purchases out and make more money than if we sold them all in the first month.

In general, Nintendo is a highly conservative, risk averse company, so they do things the least risky way possible even if it is potentially leaving money on the table. I think the NES classic edition situation is different, however. I think they just didn't want to overshadow the Switch right now, or take manufacturing capacity away from it. Notice that they said "we will be producing no more NES Classics this year." That doesn't mean they're discontinuing it forever, just that they for whatever reason don't want to be making them right now.

To cause them to sell out and so they can pretend there's high demand for them.

"Artificial scarcity is a buzzword" is a meme that only jews use.

This is retarded logic, they can't fucking profit off that demand if they don't have more of them to sell.

The only people who benefit are scalpers, nintendo sees 0% of that resale profit.

Not true. Nintendo can cut production way back despite them having ample resources and a production line ready to go WITH demand on the market side. They have been doing this for a while to make their machine more of a collector's item that people will buy just for that.

Another reason, Sony and Microsoft (in the past at least) sold their consoles at a loss, relied on software sales, and especially third party support to make up the difference. Popular games for these platforms, especially third party titles, have pretty short shelf lives. Think of how nobody wants a CoD game after the sequel comes out. So their strategy is to get as many consoles into the hands of customers as soon as possible so they can start chowing down on the latest CoD or GTA before it's obsolete.

Whereas Nintendo games have much, much longer shelf lives, so long that people are paying full price for some of them generations after they were published. Someone that picks up a new Nintendo console is probably going to buy the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros. at some point, no matter how long they waited to get one. So Nintendo doesn't have as much of an incentive to expand their install base right out of the gate.

on top of them never having to produce too much

Yes they can, people will see it as a rarer product and will get one as quickly as they can.
This works especially well for parents

NES Classics are going to be Nintendo's McRib: they'll release them occasionally to great fanfare. To keep them fresh they'll expand the library every time but remove some titles as well to really get the hardcore collectors frothing.

I say this every thread, but no one listens.
This is NOT Nintendo's doing. This is 100% NoA fucking around with shipping.

In Japan, England, Germany and Australia, I managed to find plenty of Switches on the shelves.
I didn't really check if they had Amiibos in plentiful supply, but I know in Japan they had 20 of each MonHun one on the shelves of EACH tech store I went to (BIC Camera).

Go write a complaint to NoA and tell them to stock better.
1.5mil units shipped, 900k units sold in first two weeks worldwide, yet somehow every console in the US alone was taken. Sounds like jewery to me.

This.
I've heard that the NES Classic was using an obsolete out-of-production chipset, meaning that Nintendo surely got a very good deal on them (like a couple cents a chip) from a distributor looking to get rid of a few million obsolete parts taking up space. It could be that whatever stock they were using has dried up, and they will not produce any more NES Classics until they find their next sweet deal on an obsolete but more than suitable chipset.

Given the way a lot of gook companies work, I think they are just really fucking bad at business.

I don't fucking care about streamers or youtubers, but it's hard to argue against the "streamer effect" which results in boosted sales for games that get popular from the free advertisement of streamers and let's players… and yet all these gook companies absolutely lose their goddamned shit over people streaming their games, Nintendo especially, and waste more time and effort trying to stop it from happening, when they could be getting free promotion from some autistic faggots making gameplay videos.

In Nintendo's case, they are actively fucking up people's ability to even talk about and discuss their games without getting dicked… Although, they need to keep doing that to Jim "Cucking" Sterling. I want to see that fat cunt lose his channel and then his patreon. Faggot deserves to live a life of sucking dick in a back alley for crack.

And then you've got shit like under-valuing and under-producing their products, giving up on international markets, being beholden to fuckwit localization companies, refusing PC ports until 5 years after a game is out, and going crazy with DLC in a way that makes horse armor look modest.

Gooks used to be the kings of business only a couple decades ago.. and now they are all drooling retards who keep shooting themselves in the foot and then apologizing for it.

Greater Demand

The Wii U didn't go well for them, man, they're spooked.