Are there really any people upset by the fact that certain games have come to PC? pic related...

Are there really any people upset by the fact that certain games have come to PC? pic related, I thought all the rage died down after Bayonetta 2 on WiiU.

bayonetta is ugly and reminds me of bitchy teachers

Why would anyone be upset?

Are there?

Mind your manners or she'll give a naughty boy like you a spanking.

not at all.

Can we leave the ERP for the other board?

Why? It's better for Bayonetta to come out on a platform barely anyone uses like the Wii U.

There's always a few, look at what was going on with NieR Automata recently.

Yeah. Just like there are people who have been playing games their whole fucking life and still don't realize consoles are just PCs with a new coat of paint.

Only people who support Jewish practices like console exclusives.

Because it was "console exclusive" or some shit like that.

I was kind of worried, I wasn't really interested on the WiiU but wanted to play Bayonetta, then before I could even consider getting a console and a copy of the game the standalone Bayonetta 2 release was announced to replace the complete bundle, I guess I can live without playing the sequel as long as I am able to play the original, or until WiiU emulation is perfected.

What happened there? BTW, I heard the PC port is pretty bad, aside from using Denuvo.

Because chimp tier tribal monkeys feel the need to justify their past, present and sometimes even future purchases, usually from their favorite brand, and many times that usually means they need to shit on othe platforms they dont own or like.

As soon as the port was announced most Sony brand loyalists lost their collective shits.
Few launch issues, most already fixed
Already nude mods

Nice, then I look forward to purchase the game when it gets a huge discount, or pirate it when Denuvo is removed in the meantime.

I don't remember hearing it was PS4 exclusive even during conferences, I guess it was a technicallity because no other console was getting it.

CPY made a hint that makes the crack very likely.

Mentally ill Sony loyalists will proclaim it so regardless, especially since the games are shown at their conferences and Sony tries to hide any existence of any version with their marketing.
Remember Nino Kuni and Ace Combat 7?
That went well, didn't it?

I recall an E3 when the PS4 was getting its launch and a bunch of games were having "its console debut exclusively on PS4" in which "console debut" was the key on their wording.

Gets me every time.

They could have used a "fine print" to at least try.

PC isn't a "console", so those still are PS4 console exclusives.

Yes, of course.

E3 2015

Better check if there is a YT compilation of that stuff.

Idiots who lack confidence in their own decisions or reason skills want exclusives because it's a form of post purchase rationalization.

Children were/are tricked into thinking exclusivity is a good thing for consumers/players, tricked so bad that they actively attack people who support the idea that everyone should be allowed to play a game on whatever platform they choose (a scenario where everyone wins, even the publishers).

It should be a crime for pushing attitudes that are so damn anti-consumer.

I seriously can't imagine the shekeliest of merchants whispering any kind of "benefit" to console exclusivity in my ear.

Exclusivity is a good thing though.
The way it should work is that the company that owns the console funds second and third party developers to create games that are exclusive to their platform.

This theoretically makes weird games or interesting ideas a possibility, while if the developers were on their own they would never get created.

The PS2 library is a pretty good example of this.

Then you fast forward to now, where this practice is pretty much gone for good except very few cases and have a look at the libraries of the current gen consoles. They're barren, most of the titles are by the books and usually not very interesting.

Nier Tomato, Rabi Ribi an Furi are jot exclusive.
And there are plenty of exclusives that are by the book shit.
The issue isn't exclusivity
The issue is lack of any creative output thats not heavily filtered by executives and a loss of middle tier studios outside Japan.

Well that's kind of more the problem of how these kind of exclusives are handled.
Ps1 and Ps2 era were the to videogames what the 80s were to movies. You had big studios that put their money in a lot of little baskets hoping that one of these would be a big break, of course this encourages more creative outputs and that is why you have so many classics in both movies and games during the same era.

Now both movies and games put all their money in fewer projects, which of course reduces the chances of having a more diverse and interesting library.

The practice is, by all means, still there. It's just been turned around on its ass and made almost completely useless.

Case and point with No Man's Sky, they bet a lot of money on it and it ended up blowing in their faces.

The problem is that non jap middle tier studios are either really underfunded or are not that skilled. See Focus home Interactive's studios.

Is there only ever one of these eras per medium?

There's more people upset that console exclusives remain console exclusives than there are people upset that PC gets a port

I'm pretty sure there's not going to be anymore for a long time
Creativity's dead

fug

Pretty much
These industries become too big and stagnate by taking barely any risks since all they need is money.

Its no longer about making money out of a craft but all about using a craft to make money.

It might not seem like it, but there is a difference.

Problem with Focus Home is that they play it too safe as well with a gem being put out here and there.

No, same shit happened in the 70s
And it has happened to anime and film a shitton of times.
We just need to wait

Shits already getting better than 7th Gen due to the extreme saturation of vidya currently happening thanks to easily obtainable dev tools.

how naïve

If you say so
Lots of crazy shiy have happened to the industry and the world itself, I don't think you can deny that.

Consolefags seem to get upset when the handful of games they have go on PC and their nogamez boxes become increasingly irrelevant. You can see them sperg out in the comments of announcement articles.

Nothing ever changes, getting your hopes up that things will get better will only end with you being disappointed over and over again

2016 was the worst year for games I've seen in my life, and I grew up in the early 80s. 2017 has been even worse so far, all these dev studios got handed millions based on how hard they virtue signal on twitter, now we're seeing the results come to surface in the form of poorly made megaflops.

In the GG thread, people are placing bets as to how soon the game industry will see a crash (Or, just media in general).

Just the notion that people still believe that somehow the industry is going to crash shows how fucking detached those guys are from reality.

Nothing fails. I cannot remember the last time a big company failed, and if you somehow believe that an industry that makes multiple billions in revenue (which has only increased with each year) despite all their products already being shit, while still being praised by the vast majority of people then you are absolutely delusional.

It is not going to happen.

I don't know what you're talking about. 17 shits all over 16. Are you a western game type or something?

2017 is much better since I have had a game to play every week and maybe two at a time so I never get bored. On top of that they've been good. 2016 was dry as a bone I don't know anything that came out good then or anything at all.

I want it to fail too but I k now it won't because corporate interests keep making more money. It is true that it's costing more and more to make games every year so production is slowing down dramatically while costs go up. I don't know if many of these huge conglomerates will like that they lost sales on such a huge investment so they might get out of games all together, at least traditional ones.

Also, Crytek is constantly having money troubles, Disney cut their gaming division, EA closes studios left and right, and there is also all those big name SquarEnix and Monolith Soft employees who resigned from the company at the beginning of this month (With some people pointing out that the Japanese game industry is also starting to hurt).

The japanese game industry is in the fucking toilet. They can't compete with the fact one would need to make HD 3D games. It turned the whole industry on its head. They don't even know how to manage games that take a few years and millions of dollars (10s of billions of yen). You see them working with Vita, 3DS, and low budget PC games because of this. The country is in an awful state too. Good luck seeing anything from japan come out at the rate it did in 2007 ever again.

It doesn't matter.
You have an audience that is composed exclusively of kids that grew up being constantly fed consumeristic propaganda for most of their life.

They think these companies work in their interest, they will just listen to anything they're told and will keep buying into it no matter what happens.

And yet THQ Nordic still exists. Nothing fails.
Crytek has been having problems for the past decade, and yet they're still around.
Disney cut their gaming division because they're just making shitty apps. That's where the money is for them, they don't need big studios.
EA has been closing and buying studios since the 80s, and yet they're still not done with it.
And I doubt a few people resigning means that SE is done for.

Again, you can keep hoping that it'll happen, I don't care, the only person that's gonna be disappointed is you.

THQNordic was a compny called nordic games that changed its name after acquiring a lot of thq IPs.

I can hate a creator but I can't hate a game; and that's a good game

still not buying and waiting for vanquish and Resonance of Fate

I know.
That should tell you how little it matters that anything fails.

THQ Nordic sucks and I doubt they an even make it to 2018

Yeah I'm sure they wont

Only Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive.

Only specific fanbases.

Is that why Steam is filled to the brim with Japanese games, Nintendo licensed a fucking tablet and theres now console upgrades?
Yeah, nothing ever changes

Maybe if you're a casual
2016 had plenty of shit to play

Like what?

And yet only a very small percentage of them are actually good and not anime bait.
Console upgrades have existed since the Gameboy.
And I don't know what's so special about nintendo making a handheld. It's just a bigger and more powerful gameboy, there's nothing special about it.
You see change because you want to see it, it's perfectly normal. I wish I still had that optimism.

I don't care if a game gets released on PC. I find it funny it usually happens late in the span from 1 week to 10 years usually. I love pissing off the type of person who would call themselves a PC gamer. It seems like it's 80% of 8/v/, so there's plenty of autists to fuck with.

odinsphere was one of the better games of the year

I'm fucking tired of sonyggers.

>>>/cuckchan/

I was told this shit was to stop.

Nude mods soon?

Every time

Well, in 2016 you had:

And so far this year you have

PC only because I'm 2poor for consoles.

I don't think we're reading the same thread.

If you followed that logic for Holla Forums 90% of the threads on this board should be saged and deleted

It doesn't say it is. It says "ONLY ON Playstation"

can't argue with that

Take a guess.

I have both a PC and a PS4, and I fucking wish Bloodborne would get a PC release. I want that game at 60fps, which modern consoles just can't do.
That said, no, exclusivity going away doesn't mean dick to me. I don't care if some of my exclusives don't stay exclusives. Publishers making dumb decisions bothers me. Remember when WB went through two developers failing to make a last-gen port of MKX? They shouldn't have even tried.

Stop worrying about fitting in you retarded redditors. Tip: Most of the rules were written by a retarded jew who's about as new to imageboards as you. Just post whatever you feel like posting unless you're not having a bad day and you really are faggots like this.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

It doesn't say "only on playstation console", shitty devil's advocate.

…What? At least that would explain why the shitposting got so rancid over the last few months.

yes

-Dark Souls 3
-Total War Warhammer
-Planet Coaster
-Grim Dawn
-Redout
-KoF XIV
-Battlefleet Ghotic Armada
-XCOM 2
-Dragons Dogma PC edition
-Furi

Plus smaller games that you'll categorize as pixelshit/indieshit like Rabi Ribi and Momodora.

Whats your fucking point?
This shit was unthinkable before 2014 and theres shitton of good stuff from established companies to Comiket Doujin games, gotta suck that marketing cock though, right?
No
Oh, so you're just fucking retarded and don't actually play vidya, ok then.

Hi Sonygger
>>>/NeoGaf/

Pretty much
This year theres also:

-Steel Division
-Day of Infamy
-Total War Warhammer 2
-EDF 5
-Ace Combat 7
-Nino Kuni 2
-Mount and Blade 2
-Serious Sam 4 said the same thing last year but I'm sure of it this time
-Sonic Mania
-Firepro Wrestling World
-YsVIII
-Endless Space 2
-Rising Storm 2
-Routine
-Ultimate General Civil War

Any particular reason for this other than terrible humor from our jew overlord?

First class.

They could if the people who made games for them had standards.

You're implying way too hard.

Why should I care if bad games nobody but neets that have waifus want to play?
Quality matters more than quality you dumb piece of trash.

If at least you had japanese indies on the store I might agree with you, but those are still a long way off. So why should anybody give a shit about VNs and bad rpgs?

You might be retarded.
The switch is a handheld that happens to be able to hook up to your TV.

Who cares about what the console peasants think?

Don't you think that making Holla Forums "HIDEO KOJIMA XD" was a great super funny prank for April Fool's was amazing and so clever?
Thank fuck Holla Forums got hacked then.

What did he mean by this

Oh yeah, I forgot that happened last year. Eh, 16 was alright, but nothing to write home about in the greater scheme.

Meant to write quantity.
I'm tired.

But where?
or
or
???

Quality is more important than quantity.

Check a list of 2011 games and be ready to get fucking cancer.
Eat shit
Its decent

Of course you did, just like you forgot about legendary vidya because you were thinking about the future.
Retrospectives are done years later

Thats my point
These two years have been better than most.

I think you mean quality is more important than quality.

What kind of faggot would be upset about games getting treated right on optimal hardware after being held hostage on subpar machines without the power to run them properly?

right, sorry

r00fles

is this what total biscuit has taught you

yo wot

Holy shit, just go to sleep and make sure you stay asleep forever user.

You're either living under a rock or you're a retarded jaded casual.

There's one thing that happened years ago with ps3fags but i now notice it with anons. After going too long without a good game people take to pretending a good game came out. It's happening to everyone who says something good came out in 2016 or 2017. because the previous years also involved nothing good coming out, and a bit before that mostly scraps.

???????????

Mark is a faggot who loves redditors, he invited them here and he doesn't want Holla Forums to scare them away. The whole ">I'm an idiot. please laugh at me" comment was autochanged to ">I'm stupid" or something a while back, maybe it still is.

Yep, "> R E D D I T S P A C I N G" is still autochanged. Mark loves his faggot reddicucks.

where is my vanquish and resonance of fate

I don't always agree with mark but the reddit spacing meme had to be stopped, it was impossible to have any kind of discussion without some retard coming into the thread and posting (1) reddit spacing comment and send everything to shit

No user, it was such an afterthought that it draws a line on nintentoddlers' switches since it presses against the screen with a hard surface.

That filter kind of makes sense, mark probably had the wrong intentions but pointing it out instead of just telling them to fuck off means they learn how to fit in. What was common knowledge has now been spewed in every thread during and after late 2016 by redditors themselves.

Not an argument and OpenXcum still exists.
Just because this series is extremely overated and has an autistic nofun fanbase doesn't make the samey but polished sequel bad.
Dark Souls 2 was bad, 3 was alright

You're still here?
When a PC has more splitscreen options than a goddamn console you know its a fucking failure.
>>>/NeoFag/

Fuck off plebbit redditors and/or Mark. Let user's be user's you greedy fucking nigger-loving kike.

What was your argument in the first place?

Go to sleep retard

Eat a foreskin, kikeboy.

You're giving (you)s to the le epik meemster kind, user. I can almost smell the teenager hormones and the memespewing during recess coming from the guy.

My argument is that XCOM2 is alright even with its replayability issues.

Cool, my argument is that it's not.

Your ignorance is astounding

It's a descendant of the gameboy as much as the DS is

Oh fuck off you childish kike, you don't get to decide what everyone here is and isn't allowed to criticize other people for. You want a safe space where redditor faggots are free to ruin the community then fuck off to reddit. We're allow to shit on one another. What's next? Gonna ban the word nigger like 4chan did? Cunt.

It's happening.

Yes

Exclusives are an anti-consumer practice designed to drive hardware sales, only a fool would support them.

Because it undermines the console.

Do you think the "never ever" faggot with the golden face killed himself already? Never seen anyone get BTFO so thoroughly so often

You're either retards or you have fantastically shit taste, aside from Yakuza and Nier even nips pumped out nothing but trash. I have plenty to play in terms of older games and my backlog, so enjoy lining up for slop like the rest of the mouthbreathers.

No, its just more bullshit from insecure cancer race kiddies, creating a problem where it doesn't exist, remember these are the same people celebrating some stupid emulator running Breath of the Wild like shit as some massive fucking accomplishment for their dead platform.

Why would he? There's still tons of stuff on consoles that PC's still and probably won't ever get.

You mean 5-8 year old PCs, My computer is old as sin and I still get comparable fps with higher graphics settings than the new consoles.

I'm legitimately pissed about how hard the souls series tanked after the PC release.

Surely remakes and remasters are a sign of a thriving industry rife with originality and innovation.

What kind of backwards reasoning is this? We got 2 because Miyazaki signed up a contract. If anything, it tanked because of Sony.

You basically hit the nail on what modern consoles are.
The ps4 which is the best in terms of hardware has what is equivalent to a midrange radeon from 2010 (or a high end from 2009), while the processor is not only shit in general, it's also HEAVILY fucked up by the inherent overhead from multithreading, the fact that's not actually an octa core but 2 quad cores with an interconnect bus (tip: amd is fucking shit at those and i guarantee you it either has huge latency, horrible bandwidth or both) and the shitty 1.6ghz clockspeed of a cpu that has less than half of a contemporaneous (2013) intel cpu's ipc while having the retarded gddr5 memory (on a processor known for the extremely low amounts of cache). I obviously have no citations but i guarantee you it should perform around the same or worse as a low clocked haswell pentium, or an overclocked core 2 duo except making something for it is multiple times harder because you have to wrangle the by definition heavily synchronous and latency sensitive (data multitasking is a challenge) game code between 8 low powered cores that have 4 low performance FPUs (another thing amd has always been shit at, FPUs. But the jaguar cpu only has 1 for every 2 cores, maybe SSE helps but it's nothing other cpu's can't do so it's not like it's an advantage).

There's a second one? Also I refrained from mentioning upcoming because there's always the chance they're bad.

How can you say no to this face?

Yes. Yes they should.

>say that the pc version is actually worse due to solid framerate making the game playable "easy"

>say that the pc version is actually worse due to solid framerate making the game playable "easy"

Hell, there were fucking faggots here that said they were canceling their pre-orders Who the FUCK pre-orders? when it was announced that atomato was coming to PC.

bayonetta coming to PC is great news,

we can finally get those futa mods for bayonetta that's we've all been waiting for

You are fucking retarded when it comes to dark souls on PC, solid frame rate isnt what makes it easy, look up what every patch on console did to make it easy then understand that PC got a forced updated version of the game with v1.0 being impossible.

Enemies have no eyesight, you get several times the souls you got on 1.0, the droprates were fucked with to the point every pc player went through the game with black knight equipment that was 1% drop chance on v1.0, Dark Souls on PC IS 100% easier than v1.0.

I feel so conflicted right now.

Get Bayonetta. Night in the Woods looks gay.

What the fuck is playersunknow battle ground and how much more retards will buy texture trading simulator?

It has been on top of the lists fucking long that it has to be Valve keeping it artificially there.

To this day I have no idea just how good or bad a metric is being on top of the top sellers category.

Wew, you must not have been around.

Why ?

I really like the minimalist art style and Yahtzee said it has good writing.

That's basically 95% of the CSGO sales.

So you want to buy something because it looks pretty and a guy in a video said it was good ?
You could go on IGG and have the game for free and then see for yourself if it's good or not, spoiler alert it's not

Why doesn't valve implement a system that perma bans hackers instead of letting them buy the game over and over again?

It does. They just create new accounts.

We may never know.

Then how come Blizzard can hellban peoples ip addresses even when they buy a brand new pc if they hack in Waifuwatch?

I have no idea about Blizzard. Maybe Valve just don't care and just love money too much.

All I was trying to say is that the people saying the PC version was easier were right, but only if they played the unpatched game.

They do ban accounts but as an account is free and easy to make the hackers simply make an account, install the game, grind shekels, get banned, make a new account….
There is no way to stop this and yet another reason linking IRL cash to in game items is retarded.

Valve essentially gets more money from CSGO purchases that way, so truth be told I'm not seeing why they should fix this from the financial point of view.

From their financial point of view there is no reason to fix it other than long term brand damage but that seems to be a non-issue as most players blame the hackers rather than the underlying issue.
I just don't want to see this type of thing become common as I'm a player and view it from that end.

I think a lot of us would love to see the pc elitism toned down, instead of trying to act smug that they finally get a game that was released over 7 years ago.

The lack of self awareness is truly stunning.

How do you respond to given that I'm talking for exclusives in general including PC exclusives being ported to consoles when viable?

YEAH! SWITCH MASTER RACE XD

You lose nothing by having a console game running on a PC, since a PC can handle all input methods.
It's just sometimes a problem the other way around when a PC game gets dumbed down in order to ensure the game will properly work with a controller in the future. E.g. when is the last time anybody has seen a good inventory system in a big budget game?

Lol all the fucking time. Consolefags will rant and rave about how there are other reasons for picking up consoles, but deep down they know that exclusives are the only reason (aside from copious amounts of brand loyalty to companies that do their best to fuck them over) to own them.

Well, uhh…!!!
There's uhhh….PORTABILITY!

Hahahahah what now pc cuck hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

Why?

a) can't be bothered to learn the basic skills needed to run a PC
b)… that's all I've got

PCs cost more to run the equivalent game
:^)

I haven't slept yet but I still want to reply to this now, so bear with me if I'm being stupid.

First parties funding a games development is fine but exclusivity is the problem I'm focused on. I understand the financial and business incentives to restrict a product to your platform but that doesn't make it any better for consumers or even developers. The important thing is that nothing prevents first parties from funding a game that isn't exclusive, there's plenty of ways to approach it without lockdown, the most sensible I can think of is having the first party pay for the games development on their platform and leave the second party to do/fund ports on their own at a later date if able.

Bayonetta 2 is the most appropriate example here, it wouldn't exist without Nintendo's funding but should it remain restricted to them and their consoles, even if platinum was able to port it on their own, even though they made the game? What does Nintendo have to lose here by releasing the property back to the creators? Even on the business side they could retain their percentages on sales for other platforms.

On a technical level it bothers me too, there's no reason these things can't be ported and it would be a one time cost to broaden your market reach forever, even with everyone nipping at your profits it's still infinitely more than nothing and should more than cover porting costs.
Exclusives today just seem like a short term business solution that has long lasting negative effects on everyone else involved (both consumers and producers), bureaucracy is the only thing holding these things back and they hold them back forever, if people of platform X can never play game Y then it may as well never have existed in the first place to those people, they can't play it anyway and may never get to play it. It's not like before where there were technical merits of the hardware and/or software that made ports different games entirely.

Maybe if the thread lives long enough I can remake this post with more sense and better convey my perspective on it. I know where you're coming from on this and I don't disagree with it but I feel like there's a better way that isn't happening for unknown reasons, to me it just seems like lazy greed, the owners don't make any money off it but they don't want anyone else to either, how terrible.

The guys a dick and you know it

Exclusives. What else?

Reminder that the savior of niche gamer Smug got fucking banned because people didn't like debating with him and his friends and the site's discussion went to fucking shit, but this fucking faggot didn't.

I don't know sho this guy is, but is he aware that Nintendo are the fucking last to worry about any security in their games ? You can pirate all their games, by downloading them all straight from their own servers and then play online without any risks whatsoever…

Wait it's already out? I didn't even finish Nier yet.

The DS is the "Gameboy Dual Screen" though.

Don't give money to sjw developers who fucking love marxism, dipshits

It was already shit circa 2011
Demon Souls barely sold and was barely pushed by Sony in 2009 sinc they were too busy fucking Naughty Dog up the ass and trying to make PSMove a thing.

You want to talk about community degrading?
You can from Deus Ex to Call of Duty itself.
Look at what happened to the Witcher 3 community.

the witcher community was always full of pompous elitist faggots with awful taste in games.

And now its full of underage

Friendly reminder that exclusives are the best possible games because by alleviating financial concerns and technical concerns developers are given the perfect environment to develop the games they want to and still get a solis return on sales as well as give their project a sufficient amount of time to complete it.

The biggest problem with exclusive development has been western journalist pressure encouraging less Japanese game funding and more investment in western studios which are more like technology development houses and not game design studios.

exclusives are only used to push shitty outdated hardware on to people who don't know better

Not true, but if it helps you sleep at night. I'm gonna go play gravity rush 2 tho, a game that would never exist on a platform like pc.

What a load of crap.