Name games / genres you know are good but can't get into

Name games / genres you know are good but can't get into.

I'll start.
Games where the places you visit are just images and the game takes on a visual novel format I just can not deal with. It fucks with my head and it feels really lazy on the devs' part and when a game is like that I have no patience for it.
I just can't. I don't have the management skills or the thinking on my feet skills or whatever is required to git gud at them.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/791058/9a14818c24/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess the earlier you get on estrogen the move convincing you get. Remember there are 0 females posted on videogame boards on imageboards like 8ch.

i feel compelled to sage and report you

That's true for most of them but that still leaves you Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne in full 3D.

people never got gud at rts, they only played with their friends who where just as bad. Online multiplayer kiled rts since people don't want to be in bronze league.
The same is true for fighting games, you can stomp your friends with your main but then you go online and get rekt.

fuck

Enjoy playing against cheating AI. The only way RTS' would be decent is if they're multiplayer, except 99% of the time it comes down to whoever can make the bigger army faster instead of actual micro management. The only real exception is WC3 where you have to build your base and manage your hero posse. Maybe starcraft also.

Fire Emblem
Fans of this are masochists. Each game have both characters you cannot recover and a lot of RNG.
Each mistake end up taking one or more tries because of you trying to figure out how to deal with it, and in most cases you just have luck.
My favorite one is so far was Heroes. Mobile bullshit aside it deleted all RNG bullshit.

Perfect time to post day9, The Starcraft prophet to discuss the starcraft and its revival.

Who would have though

Maybe they're shit. Couldn't tell you. Could never make it much further than the opening hour and a half of plot exposition and tutorial because fuck all that gay shit.
They're highly rated though and I dont know about this place but cuckchan seem to fawn over all things SMT.

Typical Holla Forums. All they can do is play against a brain dead computer.

he didn't even try to prove you wrong he just insulted you because your taste is shit you gook faggot

Because he can't.
Exactly. Because I explained his entire game in a sentence and he couldn't disprove it.

What you're referring to is a deathball strategy. It depends on how well the RTS is designed if Deathball is the most useful strategy or not. Some RTS's like Command and Conquer 3 for instance discourage using deathball because of how many hard counters there are. IE: If your infantry start shooting at vehicles they do extremely small amounts of damage. But you can use your heavy weapons dudes to destroy vehicles more efficiently, but they don't attack fast enough to be good against infantry. Stuff like that. You need to pay attention to which units you're using.

Dawn of War also had it so that your units were more like squads, and you could outfit those squads with different weapons. So like one squad I would have just flamers to lower the morale of enemy infantry units. Stuff like that. It was also distinctive since you had to take over parts of the map inorder to get any resources, so you had to keep pushing and holding.

But yes speed is a huge part of RTS games, half of the gameplay is how fast you are at the game and how efficient you are. If you have a better strategy but you're too slow it really doesn't matter how smart you are since you'll just get overwhelmed. It's why RTS games are notorious for having a really high learning curve and why MOBA's slowly took over. Since there's more instant gratification in one of those games.

just shut the fuck up honestly you fucking piece of shit korean shitstain I mean fuck you are so retarded it hurts me on a purely physical level I would be unable to prove you wrong because every argument can be deflected by your ignorance acting as a shield protecting you from all thought so you can wallow in your own stupidity undisturbed

>>>/tumblr/

ASSFAGGOTS are an opposite of instant gratification, it's like grinding in a MMO but you do it every single fucking match
the payoff usually comes after 30-45 minutes of pointless filler

This is your mind on weebism. Anime and weebs are the enemy of the imageboard, wake up white man. Our kike mod is a weeb, you shouldn't be.

You get 4 teammates that you can place blame on or say that the enemy was better organised, and that's all that matters.
It's never your fault that you lost and it's always thanks to you that you won.

It's also ironic how ASSFAGGOTS cunts used to dismiss RTS games because they took "an hour" to finish (which is usually about 12-20 minutes, rarely beyond 30) because you had to build a base and train units, but their own crap now takes twice as much (if not more) time per match and they defend it by saying that they don't want "10 minute fights that they don't get invested in."
I really hate those bastards.

Nothing wrong with liking weebshit or Japanese games.
Problem comes when these Nip cocksuckers only align western games from AAA trash to SJW indieshit and praise trash like Persona 5 or some other piece of shit just becausr its from Japan while comparing it to said alignmment without taking in account other actually good western games.

TL;DR
Dismissing western games just because they're western makes you just as bad as the normalfags.

I agree. Weebs are the lowest lifeform on earth.

Honestly I was just baiting for a response with a half-decent RTS because most RTS' I played are death ball or shit singleplayer ones where it's so obvious the AI cheats it's not even fun. This response gave me more insight

You're completely wrong. Assfaggots are chalk full of instant gratification. People would even throw games to get it.

The only role with no instant gratification is support and nobody wants to play it.

It gets really sad when you realize most of them still want Yandre-dev to come back.

it was more of a chore for me when I played all of my 10 Dota 2 games, but the rest I could see being "fun"

You're just talking out of your ass, aren't you? Ganking is difficult to do solo, unless your enemy is fucking retarded.
You need to do that quite a few times to actually get what you want.
Takes about 2 or 3 minutes to accomplish if you are purely pushing the enemy as a cohesive team.
That's only if you're good and don't manage to get fucked before you can get that powerful.

I've seen faggots unironically dismissing entire genres like FPS/RTS/GSG/Sims due to the fact they're mostly developed by western devs.

Thats fucking disgusting, especially since I play pretty much every genre independently from its region

>>>/somethingawful/

It's one of those things that's obnoxious as hell if you're new but when you can reliably do it without thinking about it it subconsciously makes you addicted.

In dota there is a 50 gold item that makes you invisible to fucking wards.
Getting gold itself is the gratification. Especially when you're fighting with your support for farm or trying not to get denied.
Or you have a big creep wave and it's at half HP it takes about 10 seconds
Not with comeback gold. Now you can just feed as PA, get one lucky crit on their mid, free 1k gold and suddenly you're oneshotting everyone.

Grand Strategy. 4X is as far as I can go.

RTS
4X
some JRPG
Tactical RPG
Tycoon management
Flight/Space sim

Honestly I can only play FPS, TPS, platformers and maybe beat 'em ups. Shmups (pattern dodgers), sports and most other shit is not worth playing anyway.

I dare you to try and find a vanilla doujin of this manga.

And there's another ward to counter that item. If you don't have that ward that means your ward bitch failed. It's something geared specifically for ganking and supports cannot gank at all, limiting it mostly for carries.
The gratification is the item you get from the farm.
More like 30s to 1m depending on how many people are along side you and how far you are in the match.
I agree, comeback gold was a poor addition to DotA.

I'm not sure why I am arguing, I stopped playing Asshomo a long time ago.

Don't have the fucking patience anymore
So fucking unbearable.
RPGs used to be good when they didn't try this hard to emulate anime. I tried playing Tales of Berseria and got cancer like 20 minutes into the game.
They don't even try to emulate good anime, they emulate shitty ass fucking slice of life 10yo brother-sister drama and silly jokes to make you go aww if you're a 12yo faggot kid or an autistic pedophile.
Some of them are OK, but I hate how everything has "objective" and "sidequests" you have to do. It makes me anxious to think if I don't kill these guys in a certain way I won't get these perks and will have to redo the entire level. It also takes away a lot from the "adventure" aspect of it. It feels more organic if they don't tell you what to do and you just move naturally from cues that were put there by the game's level design.
I know this is an old Doom thing, but I don't it like that things are structured in "levels" and such. I'd love it if it just transitioned between maps without any flare or fanfare.

I used to love Ages of Mythology as a kid, but now I'm an ADHD ridden adult with depression who can't get into them anymore.

Op, you could try playing a slower paced RTS (like Settlers 2)

don't you have any /a/ threads to shit up?

I dare you to do your own legwork.
I got the image from /ara/.

The joke is that there isn't one
Its all NTR/Cheating

dorf fort and old crpgs like fallout and arcanum.
i want to play them but i just can't get into the strange controls and i've never been a fan of sprites and 2d graphics.

Get thr fuck >>>/out/

If I don't like something then it isn't good.

Are you a journo?

But no genre is inherently bad.
Sure, genres like Walking Sims are hated here, but others enjoy them, no matter how shit their taste is.

Since the value of each genre is subjective, you can't say "This is good but I can't enjoy it".
You're just saying "Holla Forums likes why can't I????"

For example, I absolutely hated SS2 and couldn't get past an hour in it. I fell for the "Holla Forums likes it" meme, and ended up with respawning enemies everywhere while I'm trying to stand still and complete an objective.

Sentries don't reveal smokes.

Yeah, but getting gold also is. And there are probably 100s of other little things that nobody realizes making the game crack. I'm convinced everyone who plays assfaggots hates it and knows it's not fun, but can't quit because its chalk full of little gratifications they don't even pick up on.

Except moba's. But you're not wrong about most of Holla Forums the weeaboos having shit taste.

Hollow Knight.
I like Metroidvania games, and I like a lot of the mechanics and the art of the backgrounds (characters are poorly done but tolerable though), but it's so fucking boring. I'm not even sure why.

Makes me want to play Momodora or Rabi-Ribi again instead.

I thought they did, must be a recent change.
I guess. Some portions of Dota I did like, and I wish that the genre wasn't as cancerous and was less popular, or even obscure.

The only reason DotA is decent is because of the crazy abilities and weird synergies. I remember someone went "LOL THEY"RE JUST REHASHES OF WC3 ABILITIES" so I looked at WC3 for a while and it was nothing like dota. Half the shit in dota wouldn't even make sense in WC3.

You have shit taste

Others enjoying it doesn't mean it's a good genre.
Someone enjoying something doesn't mean that something is good.

At least you're consistent with yourself by saying everything videogame related is subjective.
I think you can objectively measure some stuff, and this is something videogame designers often do. Maybe you can't measure the whole experience of playing a videogame, but you can measure how good or bad something was done in particular in the game.

SS2 is easy as fuck to get into aside from the slow start.

And? Holla Forums isn't exactly full of intelligent people

And its about as hard as getting into Dark Souls, a game which has a huge following here, unless you're a graphicsfag.

I couldn't get into SMT either, though the only one I've tried was P3P and I couldn't get into it because of the gameplay just being way too polarized and the pacing being dogshit. Every fight was either hit the weaknesses and wipe everything in one turn or get hit in your weakness and get wiped in one turn, the only exceptions being bossfights which happened like once every 8 hours tops and the stretches in between them were padded out with way too much talking and boring social bullshit.

From what I've heard mainline SMTs don't have the problem of the bland social bits but the combat seems to be just as swingy.

If you didn't like it, why would you call it good?
What is this thread for? Do you really need to fit in that much?

"People" who sperg on about how much they hate weebs and nip games, then proclaim how western games are superior usually tend out to be goons, yes.
To contribute to the thread, OP, I'll have to say RTS.

Woman logic

Weeb projection in action.

And i'm pretty sure there are people here that couldn't get into Dark Souls, i've seen it called shit several times

I take it you haven't seen his previous posts.

If I'm autistic enough, is it possible to play by myself and still have fun?

Also, nice tranny. Probably has a shitty personality and is going to kill itself within a few years. But still, would suck feminine penis.

Hhis post is to outline how Weebs will trash something just for being western but give a free pass on anything that is Japanese. I mean Yandre-dev wouldn't have gotten anywhere if he wasn't appealing to Weebs. People where calling him out for his incompetence constantly and those people got banned by the Weeb board owner. Then he got a bigger audience and now he's removed the shit Weebs wanted, like panty shots, in favor for reddit to milk patreon bucks.

And I'm pretty sure those people are a really small minority that shit on it because the fanbase is fucking awful and fellate it to no end.
Holla Forums isn't one fucking person

He never talked shit about Japanese games or praised Western games.
Just weebs that will fellate anything originanting from Japan unconditionally.

When I see someone compare japanese games to western games in an unfavorable light, I take it they think that western games are far better. I accept that each side has their own trash, but can you really look at his posts, saying he isn't doing that?
last post cause I helped derail the thread and took the bait

It's the context. He's basically saying a good western game will get panned and a bad Japanese game will get praised. Not saying all western games are good or all Japanese games are bad.

This.
Fuck modern JRPGs to death. Every one of them is little girls in dresses and dancing around and gay retarded bullshit nobody cares about in general.

Wargames. I'm trying to get into Gary Grigsby's games but they're far too complicated. I'll get into it though

OP said nothing about any genre being inherently bad.
But some fucking are.

Get gut, or lower the difficulty.
No it comes to down to whoever can combine the best counter units, or use his unit's special abilities to crush the enemy. You can have an army of 500 knights, but an army of 100 halberdiers are going to cut through them like a hot knife through butter.
Ah. 10/10 bait, user. Enjoy gookclicking and "managing your hero posse".

At least melty blood is fun.

So many people worldwide hate it because it fucking works, anyone who says butotn mashing isn't a piss easy way to beat anyone in most fighters (specially ones where you can spam shit) is just lying because they want to pass off as having a big epeen.

Profoundly autistic wargames

Like an hour of practice a day for three weeks. At some point the combos become automatic and then you can spend all your thought on the fun part of the game.

JRPG's
Clicking endlessly on menus for gameplay drains on me.

So wait up, the thread is about good genres that you can't get into so you list the reason why a genre is bad?

I was the button masher at college who used to cream the "pros" who played Street Fighter all day.
It's actually pretty simple. Think button mashing with some structure
- Mash buttons while rolling the D-pad.
- Block when they come at your hard.
- Grapple move when they block.
- Learn your character's combo breaker and grapple breaker to blow their minds and make them think you're a beat-em-up god.
I didn't find the last part necessary to beat the faggots at college.

The vast majority of fighting games are like this. I found Tekken to be a bit different and MK to be a lot different where button mashing gets you nowhere.

Is it because you're drained by menus or you must have direct control of your characters. If direct control doesn't matter too much to you then I recommend
If you want you can set your characters' tactics and just click Fight once each turn
Pretty much program your party and all you have to do is walk up to the monsters and see how well your "programming" worked.
I fucking loved that game. Found the battle system hugely satisfying.

Survival horror or games that have jumpscares. I'm a nervous goy and can't deal with sudden noises. Even the ME2 Overlord DLC was a tough time for me with the random distorted screams.
Games like Dark Souls. The lore seems interesting but I can't stand the dead-and-retry/git gud gameplay.

Multiplayer games. The only kinds of multiplayer games I can enjoy are on-the-couch games like Smash Bros. or Mario Kart.

But I'm an adult now with literally 0 IRL friends so I only play single player games. I've tried a bunch of multiplayer PC games like TF2, Runescape, CS:GO, Second Life, etc. None of them were really enjoyable. They just feel like shittier single-player games with weirder A.I.

I used to have your paper-thin attention span when I was a kid, but thankfully I healed from it and now SMT is my favourite video game franchise.

(And it torments me to see what they're doing to it these days.)

Same. Visual novels are not games and I hate that format.

Have no trouble with RTS'es

Source?

How did you do it? I'ld also like to stop feeling bored 5 hours in.

Okusan.

I assume it just came with adulthood. Although the growth of cancer in the industry probably also helped me appreciate games more.

You fags are just as bad as ponyfags.

Fighting games, because I just can't keep playing long enough to get to that moment where things 'click', so I stay a scrub.
The only fighting game where I did find that moment was in Mortal Kombat 9. Playing as Smoke and zipping across the screen was pretty satisfying. I think it was something about the way you made the combos. You could just do the presses and not worry too much about timing because the game would preform the combo regardless.
At least, that's how I remember it. I think Injustice was that way too, but I didn't get into that game too much.

Most people keep saying you should play fighting games offline because multiplayer sucks though, but I'm not going to be some normalfag trying to look for a group to play video games with.

HERE COMES THE RAPE TRAIN

That was the point i was trying to make, seeing how most of the games mentioned here are generally well liked by most of Holla Forums

STALKER
Well, fps games in general. Never really enjoyed them

theres plenty of good rts campaigns out there that arent too demanding.
i find that total annihilation campaigns comes down to being creative and salvaging wreckage, instead of build orders and micro managing.

i mean, multiplayer is a different story of course, but you dont have to touch MP to enjoy the game.

It's not a case of it being too hard. It's just not fund grinding down a dude with infinite resources.

That doesn't really fly when you're playing a game about Mary Sues, edgelords and little anime girls fighting monsters and all of the dialogue is childish cringe.

Who's to blame for the garbage dialogue in JRPGs by the way? Is it the localisation teams or are Japanese dev team writers all manbaby autists?

Is that from Mass Immigration Effect: Androgyny?
Everyone is lefty cuck filth in that universe.

I hate to break it to you, but the reason RTS are hard isn't from playing against the fucking computer.

What does this even mean? Other than you can only play against the computer.

I will add another to that list
is like playing a DnD campaign as the DM, most part of the battles occurs outside of the battle itself including your performance in past battles, and supports a wide range of playing styles including: dante from the devil may cry series and professional NFL player (sadly it doesn't support full pacifist).
also tile floors

It used to be the original Deus Ex

Every time I play I end up bored.

WTF is this shit?

youre just now realizing?

anything with a lot of reading and no voice acting for that
I'm officially nigger tier, but I just hate having to read a lot of shit in vidya

(that definitely includes VNs)

gookclick is a derogative term for RTS games where a significant portion of success comes from rapid execution as opposed to strategy. The primary example for which the name was coined would be Starcraft 2 where one of the biggest factors in victory is APM (Actions Per Minute), or basically how fast you can click, and the people who are at the top of the skill curve and tournament scenes are almost entirely Korean.

it wouldn't be so bad if VNs worked more like speed readers

SMT was in a golden age in the PS1-PS2 era. P4 closed that hard.

Fighting games, especially anime airdashers. They always have such good presentation and music. I'd love to play them if I functioned as anything more than a fucking toddler as soon as I pick up the controller. All the research in the world can't help me not spill my spaghetti once I'm in a match against anything other than a training dummy. I've stopped buying them because it always ends the same but I would still love to be half decent at at least one of them.

I've heard it works against your average player because it makes you much more unpredictable than a beginner who's actually trying to play the game, so your opponent is forced to play on reaction if you're legitimately just throwing out random moves every second and not falling into any sort of pattern. It makes sense to me, but that sounds really unsatisfying after the initial hilarity of it wears off.

Region?

Ever tried Hisouten/soku? It could be right up your alley since it's easy to pickup and not that hard to get decent at.

fighting games…

mod the living shit out of it

SMT is Wizardry for plebs although the same could be said of all JRPGs.

exhentai.org/g/791058/9a14818c24/
Faggot.

I'm good at spacing and zoning and making the most of a character's buttons, but when it comes to doing a combo its like my brain shuts down a couple hits in. Even when I practice the full combo, drill it over and over again, still cant fucking pull it off.

2/10 bait

I wouldn't say so. While they have similarities, they also offer different things. MegaTen pioneered a party system of its own.

RTS, pretty much. They seem so fun but holy shit I can not make it over the controls and figuring out what works and doesn't. I've played Dawn of War and Red Alert and enjoyed them but god damn if I step away for a week or something then I completely forget how to control the game or do anything efficiently.

A while ago I would have also said fighting games but I picked them up a couple years ago with some friends and holy shit it's crazy what I was missing out on. I definitely had to play with someone at my own level/someone willing to work with me. Had to read some guides and watch some videos so I knew what I could do and how shit worked. It's so satisfying reading someone like a book, adapting to what they're doing, and seeing something you thought up in your head come out on screen.
Fighting games also have some of the coolest art/music and character.

How are you going to handle my button mashan, user? You're fuckin dead, kiddo.

True. There are a lot of characters from fighting games I wish were in an action-adventure game.

kill yourself retard

go back to LoL you mongoloid

Stop playing Persona my friend.

RTS games used to be so comfy.
You didn't have to be so competitive and turtling or just building your nice comfy base before obliterating your opponent was pretty nice.
Then Starcraft happened

SMT dialogue is just as shit and written for babbies. It has a few military and governmental types in it who have pretty dry dialogue but your main characters all talk like they're on Sesame Street.
God, fuck the japs and their dialogue.