If this were a fighting game, who would you main Holla Forums?

It's for a project I'm working on. Just a rough concept still, but feedback is nice.

And yeah, some are meant to feel somewhat familiar.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/eAk7o
desuarchive.org/m/thread/15340769/#15343131
imgur.com/a/TniNU
youtu.be/B6kiiMm97qg
youtube.com/watch?v=gYqmB1xd1VU
docs.google.com/document/d/180ZVVkyf9QUfRZL4Z8urqrjWFQDCYY7nWKBrevPGvm0/edit?usp=sharing
kickstarter.com/projects/kinganimation/disturbing-the-verse-zero-gravity-2d-fighter/posts/1858616
youtube.com/watch?v=HOhsIvJGo7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you have rough description of how you want each one to be played?

I'd probably pick the Sentai guy there, looks like he'd be fast and would have some cool options

the ara in the red hood

Doomguy Kenshiro could be cool if he's a grappler/zoning fusion like I think he is. I'd probably just go with the rushdown kamen rider though.

I mean, if you're going to rip something off of it, I guess the outfit design is a good place to start.

I'm getting some serious Battleborn vibes from this thing, with regards to how disconnected the designs are too each other. Some of them have an eastern aesthetic, some have a western. Some look older school, some look full on futuristic. There's no unity of theme. Definitely terrible for sales purposes (re: Battleborn).

If I were to play this as a fighting game I would probably end up maining Lightsaber Elf, Red, or Edgelord, depending on how they played.

YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT A SOUL CAN’T BE CUT NO MATTER WHAT BLADE YOU WIELD

Since I dont know their abilities or even the genre i'd probably go for the angel or four armed vivec

Traitoru!

Can't it be something fun instead?

None of them. Where's the mandatory not-zangief/not-potemkin?

give the kenshin rip off purple eyes please

oh and give a proper gi

Sure, not all are equally fleshed out. Game would also be a Smashlike, but with a heavier competitive focus overall.

Oni guy is more of a head on Rushdown, flurry style character, with a focus on slashes and multihit moves. He's kinda like a Guilty Gear character, but also mixed with Wolverine.

Gunslinger uses gunkata and needs a redesign.

Elf guy, would be sort of mix between Marth and Link from Smash, he'd have Marths tipper and focus on spacing, but also have a variety of ranged tool, part of his movest is in the concept I posted.

Battousai girl is a speedy swordsman wirh dual swords, 100% iaijutsu. She's derrive from a moveset I wrote up for Lyn ages ago.

Angel is a flying zoner, she can actually legit fly and hover, bur is very frail over all, and if her wings get damaged, that becomes more difficult for her.

Orc girl is a rushdown character not unlike Capt. Falcon. She can inflate her muscles at impact for extra power. Similar to Luffys gear 4th but not really.

Ninja catgirl follows from the bakeneko lore, she has Fox"s shinespark, and plays similar to Sheik in some ways. However, her shtick is shadow manipulation, she can use shadowbind techniques, has a ranged grab, can hide into her shadow a la inklings, and can even creat clones of herself using ink with her two tails

Kamen Rider dude is a bit of a mix between Fox and C.Falcon. He's very fast, and has a time manipulation gimmick, being able to accelerate himself, including his attack speed, and slow down foes.

Guts dude, is has SOME similarity to Snake, but also not really. He's more heavy arsenal rather than setting traps. It's basically a sort of "what if Doomguy" was in Smash.

She uses a giant wheel which she uses to collect blood, which she can use to transform into a wolf.

Also, she's a little young to be an Ara, lol.

You know she's based off the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale, right? Having a girl with a german dress and a red hood is not exactly original. I made mine into a Wicca Witch who can turn into a werewolf though. Her wheel is the wheel of Wicca.

The theme is also demons vs. demon hunters fighting in purgatory, both of which are definitions which can be stretched quite far. You'll see more of that as things get more fleshed out, and I draw up more characters. Art direction wise, I'm heavily influenced by Guilty Gear.

As for why so many are familiar that's something I'll explain when I'm more reasy to show things, as THAT'S an idea I don't want anyone taking. But once you know why, it'll make sense.

Girl

Coming soon, got like 25 more to draw up.

Either the furfag cat girl or the anime doom guy with a chainsaw hand

You really need to fix that. And fast. Or you're gonna end up with a skullgirls-tier roster.

I'm going with chainsaw commando.

Where's the weirdo/monster for people that play weirdos/monsters? Angels don't count.

The beetle guy on the right, but only if you can attach more mecha parts on him.

Either the samurai girl, the cat girl or the cowboy

Here's the rest of what I gotta flesh out:
1 - Half Demon Oni (Tiger motif)
2 - Gunslinger Priest
3 - Iron Maiden, mechanical angel
4 - Inflatable Orc Girl
5 - Red Hooded Witch > Werewolf
6 - Time-traveling Hero of Justice (Kamen Rider-inspired)
7 - Technomancer Elf
8 - Badass Demon Hunter Super Soldier
9 - Battousai Girl - has two swords
10 - Ninja Catgirl - two tailed cat - she has a shinespark+Sheik-inspired moveset

11 - Horseman-War - Heavy beatdown character, has a Hammer and Shield
12 - Belmont-Inspired Demon Hunter with a Chain Sword Whip
13 - Beastmaster Girl + Giant Cat - wields a lance, can control plants and stuff
14 - Ice Queen
15 - Val Halen - Nordic Guitarrist - Electric attacks

(18)
- Horseman-Pestilence
- Horseman-Famine
- Horseman-Death
- Loli Witch
- Kung Fu Girl
- Summoner Elf Princess + Avalokitesvara (twin sister to the technomancer)
- Quadrupedal Dog-Beast-Tiger (Gabumon+Entei)
- Young Earth-mage boy, Geomancer, Terraformer
- Psychotic Gay Clown
- Red Fire Demon Elemental
- Psychic Alien Boy/ESPer
- Huge Red Godzilla Dino (T-Rex) with mechanical Parts (shoulder mounter cannons)
- Homonculous Turtle/Armadillo/Goron Demon
- Puffball Imp Demon
- Garuda
- Mastermind Psychic Gimp (Jinzo/Voldo)
- Puppetmaster Ghost w/ Voodoo Doll (Master of Puppets)
- Monkey Boy with African Mask and Two Giant Boomerangs (Skull Kid+Litchi)

He'd be pestilence, Famine would also be freaky, and there's a Jinzo-like psychic I wanna work on, and a gay clown.

Oh yeah, more ideas are cool btw, I'm down for taking ideas for stuff you'd like to see.

Sentai guy or samurai girl probably, just off designs

Ok modern paladin wins over mecha.

Skullgirls has all of that, i believe their character designs are good for most of the cast,

It doesn't seem like they are too varied because most of the time either player is in the middle of a 60 hit combo.

Telekinetic Grappler

Add Sun Wukong and I'll play him

Oh yeah, Samurai girl would have a lot of counters, a sort of faster Baiken. That's the whole reason behind a a Iaido chartacter.

Jewpuncher had one, also Ciel from Melty blood

I do have some ideas but these might take time because I have to draw them first.

Except that every single character in SG plays as a touch of death rushdown.
Except for BB. BB just gets shafted most of the time because of xboxhueg so no one really plays him.

Jewpuncher also lets you play as a skulltank.

He also has a chainsaw hand, like Ash
Instant pick!

Needs a skeleton character, maybe death itself

Mike Z is a retard, but the characters still are pretty good, i believe the system would improve a lot if they had a real combo system like Killer Instinct's KV Meter where moves add different amounts to it until it blows the combo

That's a good one for the Jinzo guy.

Yeah, that's Death, Scythe and all. Gunslinger priest, since he needs a redesign, might get a skull mask as well. The biggest thing with him is retaining the playstyle with the dual pistols. Gonna push him more into the gunslinger/cowboy territory, and away from Van Helsing.

I've you've seen El Mariachi, something like that.

I'll take the big dude that looks like a fusion of Doomguy and Guts

That's exactly what he is, lol. Modern Guts pretty much.

That's actually really helpful, as I was running into EXACTLY that problem when designing her. A sort of, "without ears, what do I put on the side of her head?"

Thanks for that.

I like how that sounds, grim yet kind of cheerful character that uses his guitar to attack. I would definitibly play that character

Will he scwhing though?

He might.

Hisoka, Piedmon, The Joker, HIM (PPG), Girahim, Vaati, and Bon Clay are all inspirations for him.

Obviously bastion.

Seriously, though. Does this not scream overwatch to anyone else? I don't mean to critique the awesome work, but I can't unsee it.

God Skullgirls was a lump of shit.

I just knew this day would come, faggots not recognizing well known character types. Holy fuck just kill yourself, you are the reason why so many people want to ban overwatch threads here.

It looks more like Guilty Gear + Darkstalkers for me which looks cool

Lol, it's probably how I laid out the main image.

This is just a rough concept, the final art piece will look a lot more metal. Esp since heavy metal influences are rampant throughout (Slayer, Iron Maiden, Manowar, etc…), plus, they are in purgatory, so thing get a lot more gnarly.

looks more like the guy that never touched a fighting game

The bloodborne ripoff gun priest guy. Because why the fuck would I not make every match that one scene from Indiana Jones?

Dude with the sword most likely.

They should be banned. It's a shit game.

Quite likely. Though, what really through me over was the heavy with the minigun on his back.

Most interesting character to me would be the kamen rider looking fellow in blue.

Well, yeah, Doomguy has a chaingun, and I think that's the ideal weapon for a fighter. RPG, Chainguns, Shotgun, and explosives.

Stuff like Assault Rifles and such have no business being in a fighter, esp since I wanna push the ridiculous levels a bit, a Chaingun as about as absurd as you can get.

The Darkwatch/Erron Black look-alike

really nice designs OP! obviously the catgirl is my favorite, but I have to say I really like everyone

I was going to try and give some constructive criticism on the designs but frankly I am having a hard time even picking out a bad one!

I think do think the weakest design is the iron maiden herself, the wings are too extravagant and overall she's a little bland

great work tho!

I'd probably take the Snake Eye Shaddock/Yharnam Hunter looking fella or the half bug warrior (Kanabo's are so under used)

Fighters Desteny had some clown characters in it if you need more inspiration And a literal cow like from Stream that film if you're so great

To me all ASSFAGGOTS were just a dumping ground of good character designs.

I would main the tetra arms but something about her coloring pisses me off, so I would pick the angel but she seems like a character that would piss everyone else off, so probably none of them.

Getting serious Overwatch vibes, not liking it much, the designs lack cohesion, but maybe you were going for a Guilty Gear thingy.

Anyway, I'd pick GI Bro and Not-Baiken. Nekomata looks like she'd be the popular character.

yah I agree the designs lack cohesion and as a result there's a guilty gear thing going on here, in fact I'd believe you if you told me any one of these was going to be in the next xrd

I'm particularly fond of "What if Guts was Doomguy?" but I would probably main the sentai.
Also I have no idea where people are getting an overwatch vibe. This is significantly more Guilty Gear with a touch of Mortal Kombat. Overwatch is based off of western superheroes and comic books like the Justice League, there aren't outright fantasy or religious themes in the game like exorcists or angels (and no mercy isnt an angel just because she has mechanical fucking wings). Overwatch also happens to be total fucking dogshit.

The catgirl is EVERYONE's favorite, lol. The moment I drew her face, I would up really liking her, and by the time I was done, I KNEW she'd wind up being very popular as she's top tier waifubait and has a very strong design.

Add to the fact that movesetwise, she's like Smash Sheik with Fox's shinespark, and she'll probably wind up being a very high tier character to boot.

She's also very cosplay friendly.

I'll have to check that out.

Catgirl IS the most popular. By a longshot. I've posted this around in a few other places, and she's already got a few fans and some fanart (not very good though).

Lack of cohesion is intentional, though as I start drawing up more of the demons, you'll start seeing more of them feel a bit more unified.

We went with demons vs. Demon Hunters as it opened up many doors in terms of variety and design, and my friend came up with the "warriors from different universes stuck in pugatory" setting in order to allow for that.

There's a reason for the lack of cohesion, one, the variety in design means EVERYONE will find something to like, and two, there's a reason in terms for how I plan on marketing this and establishing it as a brand, however, I'm not too comfortable sharing that idea just yet as the novelty if this idea is key to making this a success (as it's something that hasn't been done before and is RIPE for the making), and if someone were to take it, it'd really suck.

Let's just say, they're intentionally meant to feel like various characters MAINLY from video games. I will add more original ones as the roster grows, but you intentionally have "Link" and "Doomguy" and so on…

just so you know, "warriors from different universes suck in purgatory" is literally the plot of a dozen other games, including the seminal Quake III Arena (*ゝ▽ ')

Well yeah, she gives a lot of Felicia vibes. Plus you should know how much people like catgirls for some reason.

You could work a bit on it. I dislike some of the GG Xrd new designs for the old characters, but there's a vague cohesion between some of them because they share either LETTERS EVERYWHERE or Beltan Zippers, except for someone more traditional like Baiken.

You could either give most of them shared accessories or style somewhere , like they're mostly from the same planet of continent, or have a bunch of people from different dimensions to fight in a battlefield because fuck you, that's cool. Have you got a story or setting already?

MEATHEADS MEATHEADS, EVERYWHERE

Also I'll pick the werewolf girl, as I'm a fan of Logarius' Wheel.

Is this just pure concept or is this going to be an actual thing?

Yep. We're putting our own spin on it, but that's also not important. It's a fighting game, at least it's better than "warriors from a different universes/parts of the world join a tournament. Lol

Depend on the success of the thing I'm making first. Which I feel confident can be INSANELY successful, purely on concept alone, if done right. That's why I don't wanna share just yet what it is.

Though when I'm ready to do so, I'll drop by and give you guys a rundown on it all.

For now, so long as these characters have appeal, that's all good. As the game I envision is a Smash Clone, and all those fail in the character design department imo.

I think character design and art style are key to having an appealing brand, so I'm putting extra care into that first. Taking my time to flesh that out.

Nos I feel stupid, you do have a theme or story already thought of. Godspeed user, designs show promise, and don't fall for modern game bullshit.

I'd say simplify some of the designs. Some like the elf feel that they have too much going on. I feel the cat girl and the battousai would be the most remembered due to their lack of clutter. Some of them remind me of xrd, where they took rememberable designs and felt the need to stack unnecessary stuff on top of them.

On the topic of suggestions - parry characters(or at least hyperarmor). And robots. Something like this, maybe, to just combo the themes.
Color scheme can be literally anything else, I'm garbage at color schemes

Yeah, they're all at first draft still. I need to do turn arounds, and fleshing out on the designs, especially to make them more original and less derrivative. The overall feel for them I think is solid, and thus far reception for them has been overwhelmingly positive, with the only criticism being "some feel too familiar" which as I said, is intentional.

Thanks user. This is something that everyone wants to see, but doesn't know they want it, if you catch my drift. If I take my time explaining what it is, and why I'm so excited, I'm afraid someone might take the idea, and do it worse than what we've got.

We're still fleshing stuff out to make it really solid. So we can put out flag in the sand on the concept as say "this is ours." And I do feel it's something that will make a huge splash across a certain industry, and perhaps get quite big in a certain part of the world.

You'll see later this year when I come preview some stuff, as I'll be promoting it across gaming communities.

smash clone ;つД`)

why would you take these awesome designs and waste them on a shitty game style

That's a good one, if you don't mind me taking it, I can gladly work with it and pass it by my friend. A skeleton Robot fencer is pretty cool.

The franchise might spawn multiple games, but I'm personally a huge fan of fighting games, and the intricate mechanics in them, and platform fighters have been begging for a competitive title. There's a lot of potential there. I wouldn't EXACTLY call it a smash clone either, as that's also where all those games fail, they copy Melee too much.

For the game concept, I'm actually borrowing from GG and BB quite heavily, and it sorta becomes its own thing, but it IS a platform fighter.

Also no, that's not the idea I'm keeping tight lipped about. The idea of a Smash clone isn't exactly novel.

There's no loli so I'll go with the nekomata ninja.

Did you like Bloodborne that much?

They have?

And what'd be the purpose of making a thing for this thread if i were to go "hurr durr no u cant"

Never forget!
archive.is/eAk7o

to me "platform fighter" = smash clone, I would even apply that title to games like Small Arms and Showdown Effect (OP if you haven't played these you need to for context) and I just don't think the style is that good, it can be fun but ultimately it just doesn't have the depth to be taken seriously as a competitive game, especially given that the genre tends to have lots of random elements

I was a little too harsh earlier, "shitty game style" is wrong I've had a lot of fun with these games (incl smash series) over the years but I don't think it's a good idea if you want a serious competitive game

games looks like a shit rip off of other characters

trash.

Probably either the demon dude or the guy with guns.

Yes I did in fact. I quickly hit my top 10.

Well, I felt it was polite to ask.

I can post game mechanics in fact, I have a document, and that's something I'll be needing feedback on in the future as well.

Though at the same time, mechanics will need proper playtesting to really flesh out, but within the primary phase, something to go off of is good, and people pointing out things to me that I might have missed also helps.

Though it's from people are very well versed in fighting games that I'll need to contact, perhaps even outside the Smash community, as they can be a little too purist. I'm for example doing away with many Smash staples that imo don't work all that well for a competitive game.

Oh hey OP! I remember you from /krg/ back on 4chan.

desuarchive.org/m/thread/15340769/#15343131

Yep, that was me.

If you're interested in following my stuff, my handle is ManlySpirit. This will be an interesting year in terms of content I'll be putting out.

I'll definitely check you out. You got a colored image of just the Kamen Rider or is it just the one in the roster image?

You speak to my dick, art-user.

The priest-looking gunslinger character also looks gnarly too.

He needs a redesign. Just some tweaks. These is the document I got with the notes.

I'll be doing proper concept pages for all of them as the weeks roll by, as well as proper illustrations with actually good poses for all of them. Rider will get a pose similar to Black.

Yep lol, I've got a whole battle manga about that btw:

imgur.com/a/TniNU

Cheers! Also, in my two cents, maybe make his pose closer to Black RX's. He seems like a more valiant type.

Yeah, It'll be original, but inspired by that generation of riders.

Oh yeah, Rider will also be featured in an animation bit I'm gonna start working on soon to help viral this concept, he'll be fighting War, who I'm currently designing. War is the first demon I'm drawing up.

The animation will take inspiration from:
youtu.be/B6kiiMm97qg
And
youtube.com/watch?v=gYqmB1xd1VU

The Van Helsing looking motherfucker looks cool. I want to see that gunslinger priest as well.

Your concepts are nice, you seem to know what you're doing. I don't know about your team or your funds, but if you're an inexperienced and small team I'd greatly discourage you from making a fighting game. They're an insanely huge amount of work (no matter how diligent you think you are) and even if you do get it made, competitive indie games will almost always fail because they don't get the necessary playerbase to stay alive.
Yatagarasu and Lethal League are both pretty dead if I'm not mistaken. Secret Ponchos is a competitive top down shooter but it's also dead as fuck, despite being a solid game. Skullgirls is one of the few cases where it sorta worked out, but that's closer to a full production.
Chances are you'll probably just disregard this post though. I've seen it happen a lot.

I like Battousai Girl so I'd probably try her first and realize I'm shit at fighters. Then I'd probably stick to Sentai guy for the rest of the time I'd futilely try to git gud.

I can finally play as
STOPMAN

O shit you worked on that? That's great.

If you can, make a Soulsbornes 2D smash game. I like the wheel girl.

What the fuck is this shit?
>Good concept art but that's it, where's the fucking game?
Are you fucking braindead? There's no point in bothering to main a character without knowing the character, how the character plays and not by vague details, the only way to know how a character plays is by playing the game. But here's the flaw with this, there's no fucking game, what is the purpose of even showing this? There's no fucking game. You have to be an idiot to decide on a character to become your main without even feeling how the character plays but you can't BECAUSE THERE'S NO FUCKING GAME. There's been shitty games that are work in progress that have been discussed in the past that has gameplay but they never deliver as it was never fucking finished, so I see this and all I see is fucking NOTHING. IT'S FUCKING NOTHING. THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME IF THERE IS NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHITTY CHARACTERS ANYMORE IF THERE'S NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY WHY BOTHER ADVERTISING THIS LOAD OF CRUD TO ME? WHERE IS THE FUCKING GAME?
I AM SICK OF THESE GARBAGE THREADS, THIS IS FUCKING POINTLESS. WHERE'S THE FUCKING GAME? I AM NOT GOING TO BE TRICKED INTO THINKING "OH BOY TIME TO ANXIOUSLY WAIT FOR THIS VIDEOGAME TO COMPLETED" WITHOUT ANY FUCKING GAMEPLAY SHOWN, THAT IS FUCKING STUPID AND RETARDED, WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT WOULD BE VERY DUMB AND IT IS BECAUSE I DO NOT TRUST GAMES WITHOUT GAMEPLAY BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHAT IS THE POINT OF GAMES IF THERE IS NO GAMEPLAY, THERE'S NO SOUL THERE'S FUCKING NOTHING, IT'S LIKE A HUMAN WITHOUT A HEART, NOTHING BUT A SHELL. THIS IS A SHIT THREAD AND I CAN'T SAY IT'S A SHIT GAME BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING GAME, YOU CANNOT APPLY PREFIXES TO SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST AND THAT IS THIS FUCKING MEMEGAME, DELETE THIS. YOU FUCKING IDIOTIC ARTFAG, GO DIE FOR ONCE THINKING "I AM GOING TO DISCUSS ABOUT A VIDEOGAY I AM MAKING WITHOUT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY EGGSDEE."
GO AWAY AND COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING GAME.

To be fair OP does state this in the beginning so you knew what you were getting into. But you have a point. This feels like character voting, and on just concept ideas. They all look acceptable design wise and would make it into a fighting game. What reasons would you have for taking them out? Why are you asking for feedback on characters and what are you willing to change OP?

Dude… like… chill.

Is this what autism looks like?

He's just carposting

Fucking love you dude

I missed you. Did you miss the meta thread?

I'm mostly doing this to gauge feedback on the appearance/design of the characters, to measure their overall marketability, as well as take feedback on design, seeing where most criticisms are coming from to see what needs to be changed.

Though I should clarify again, for me, branding comes first, before creating the actual game, that's where a lot of these indie games fail.

This user is totally correct. And I'm well aware of these pitfalls.

This will all make sense next time I drop by to post. I think it'll be something everyone here will be excited about. But if you've paid attention to my posts, you might be able to piece things together. I think some people already have, given their replies.

So far, if people like, are excited about, and want to play as these characters, that's one very strong accomplishment toward making this happen, as that's exactly the sentiment these are supposed to evoke.

How can you gauge the sales if you haven't shown the gameplay or actual game yet? We have seen thousands of games AAA, indie, and consumer backed games that change from concept to early access and playable product. The car dude is on point where your just and idea guy throwing out dreams. Concept art and ideas are a dime a dozen, when the actual product and game? What conclusions have you made from this thread?
I would like to know what indie games you had in mind that failed and what games that succeeded in your eyes. If you're saying it needs AAA popularity the of course it won't compete with Mario or CoD. If you're saying it needs popularity like Shovel Knight or Undertale then you need to bank on nostalgia and or already have a fanbase of previous work to get that popular. Where they truly fail is like with Mighty Number 9 where money is the only motive so you keep on throwing concept art and hype out to build marketing and avoid actually making the game.

Nobody does this. Get fucked, fag.

Show me some movesets and I'll tell you.

I'd main the Bison and Blanka clones, whoever has those movesets

Look, I really wanna tell you guys what this project actually is, but I'm not ready to put my flag in that mound of sand just yet as it's not ready and my name isn't carrying enough weight to it yet to truly brand it to me as MY IDEA, and I'm legit scared of someone taking the idea, as it's really good, and then doing it shitty and getting really popular off it.

Novelty with what I'm doing is a key factor, alongside the actual quality of the product.

Warm

Look at what I actually do based on my handle, and you'll get a good idea.

That the characters have a lot of appeal, and have a high chance of being very popular/marketable purely on design alone.

Which is really exciting, as that's key here.
Wavedash Games, Air Dash Online, and to a lesser degree, Rivals of Aether.

The lack of proper appeal have killed all those projects.

Coming very soon actually.

didn't Luffy decide to main Rose because of her tits?

Well make a concept demo of the gameplay then and patent it.
Also you got some feedback already, your concept art is inconsistent

I can't speak for everyone but I personally would have gotten Air Dash Online if they actually finished the development of the game. Also they blew their load announcing it so early so all the hype died down and no one was willing to buy it after the 3 to 4 necessary years it would probably take to actually finish the game from the early concept phases it was in.
That was my take on the Air Dash development phase. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I like the Battousai Girl a lot, I'd play her.
I read here that she was supposed to be a speedy swordsman, that's kind of a shame, she strikes me as more of a raw fighter, no fancy styling and swings, just good technique.

I have to say, I like the looks of his roster so far, I'd say most of these characters have a very pleasing aesthetic, personally. I hope this turns into something a bit beyond concept art, I really do.

Good luck with your plan, user. Hope you know what you're doing and things work out.

In part yes, but there were a couple problems with it, I was in the main discussion thread for it over on Smashboads.

For one, it was announced WAYYYY too early, with the game looking far too ugly to really draw enough attention.

Second, it was catering solely to the Smash crowd, which is already a niche crowd already, half of which only cares about the Nintendo characters, and not the gameplay. It needed to expand outward.

Finally, the branding and design. The name Air Dash Online came out RIGHT at the time that SAO had just just become popular, and I remember telling them that their naming was terrible and they should think of something better before setting up the kickstarter. Further on this, while their artist was skilled, I personally didn't much care for the designs, and this was something voiced by many within the thread. Many characters were very polarizing on design alone, and this really killed any hype that the concept alone could have generated.

This is also a problem I've noticed with the Wavedash guys, every discussion I've seen on their game concept seems to devolve into a lot of criticism on the appeal of the characters. On Halfchan, on Youtube, even on Reddit. The designs are polarizing at best, and this is really hurting the appeal of the brand. Which, I think Air Dash has a lot of potential given the people working on it.

Again, branding is important, and this goes beyond design, you gotta have a recognizable IP, something already strong if you wanna go with the heavy hitters. Getting a new IP from the ground up in gaming is INCREDIBLY difficult, thus I'm using my talents to go about it a different way.

Like I know I'm sounding an awful lot like a hopeful ideas guy here, but I've got a very solid roadmap for all this, and some contracts in the work with important names. It's just gonna be a long road to arrive at the end step, but I'm very confident in my ability to make this work if I do it right.

I hope that makes sense.

For now, the characters having appeal, and kinda getting out there in various social media under my name is important, and the fact that they've been so well-received is not only an accomplishment I can tick off here, but also very encouraging, as I KNOW people are gonna LOVE what I'm cooking up, and further reinforces my confidence in how successful this will be.

I choose all of my characters based on appearance. Get fucked.

Here's a moveset I wrote up for Lyn for the Project M guys a couple years ago (it's the ones that inspired them to add her, I had a friend who was on the inside, and I asked this to push this in when the clone engine was revealed, they and M2K loved it):

docs.google.com/document/d/180ZVVkyf9QUfRZL4Z8urqrjWFQDCYY7nWKBrevPGvm0/edit?usp=sharing

Battou-girl would be somewhat derrivative of this, especially since she's MY own character, rather than an existing one, and the game I'm making allows more moveset versatility than Smash, so she'd have more than one counter for example.

Also, I think this moveset's been tweaked since I passed it on to the PMCC guys trying to finish the leaked build, and I let them mess around with the doc. But you get the idea.

Art done by me btw.

by aesthetics alone?
The red riding hood girl with the giant wheel or the ninja catgirl.

That was actually pretty good. Pretty amusing. I'd read the fuck out of something like this.

Is this the power of atomic autismo, the atomic autist?

The floor.

I'd prolly main Sonic the Hedgehog

What did he mean by this?

Thinking about it, /agdg/ would be amazing if people actually used it the board, that is. We've had so many threads like these, and there's even Anton and Coolpecker and some guy made a thread about starting a company.

Same with /vr/. The amount of /vr/-related threads on here compared to /vr/ is astonishing. If even half the people made a couple of posts or threads each then the board would be unbelievably fast which is supposedly what people want.

Anyway, good luck with your game, OP. Too bad it's going to be a Smash clone instead of an actual fighting game. The character designs would suit the latter better.

I see a furry and a half-furry in that image, so I guess I would play as the guy with the big guns and warm up an oven for them.

Whoever plays like
So probably that middle right guy with the demon arm because he looks like a character that would play like that. Back up would be either the sentai guy because he looks like an "alternative fundamentals" character or the two swords girl because she looks like a fast character that has a high execution ceiling

Also I need a big muscle power grappler because they're guaranteed shitter destroyers and bring hate which is always fun when you're feeling burnt out.

You have good drawing skills, but this looks generic as fuck.
You'd be perfect for battleborn concept art.

Welcomw to the place where furbait dont sells

I wouldn't buy it because it has furshit in it.

I'd main the red riding hood goth girl

Either Doomguy or the kamen rider. I like the navel window on the kitty bitch, but I feel like her design is missing something important. Also the designs overall feel more suited to an overwatch clone, add some more brawler characters or something in.

Buff guy with two guns and headband, looks like he's a zone'er the kind that spams range attacks over and over and is still pretty good at the mid ranged game, I love them types

OP, put some work into your designs, I get that they're "references" to other shit, but this is almost insulting. You can be smarter and generally more subtle about how you go around this shit.

Gun man
Because it's impossible to design a gun character that doesn't feel like hol horse, and I love hol horse.

nevermind, wheel ara

Uhh…

I don't really like any of them. Sorry.

I mean, I generally like to play big characters, but the two guys you have in there don't really stand out to me and look a little boring. One appears to be… some type of gun user with a shonen hero personality? And the other big guy looks like a tiger and Asura had a child.

I mean you have a muscular chick in there but she's short and very weird looking. None of these girls are particularly attractive. I like muscular girls but I don't like chicks with four arms.

Think of it like two extra arms to hug you with.

I dunno. They start to look more like a spider than a person. Plus I just like muscular girls BIG big. Like Vanillaware big.

There are a bunch of fighting games coming out with four-armed women in them, so it's a little cliche.

One of my online buddies is making a game called Disturbing the Verse that has a beefy lady with four arms in it.

He has a kickstarter page for it here kickstarter.com/projects/kinganimation/disturbing-the-verse-zero-gravity-2d-fighter/posts/1858616

It's nice that you want to promote your buddy but

I keep forgetting to take my name out of the field. Sorry.

Well, good luck to your buddy I suppose. He'll need it.

That art on that KS is fucking embarrassing

albino lazer samurai

Gay. Shit board, shit roster, shit game. No loli no consideration.

cat tits

I can't even imagine the sheer pedophile asshurt that must have been needed for you to feel the need to make that post.

is there a loli?

I'm sure you can. Just liken it to your fervent desire for cocks, and you'll be pretty close.

The only characters that don't seem generic or blatantly inspired by something else are the shooter mcbang guy and the kamen rider
The designs also don't mesh well in general, an important part of making a fighting game is making sure every character follows some kind of cohesion. As an example, Killer Instinct which has a ton of wildly different characters works because they're still following the theme of monster/legend based characters. Your lineup looks like "the most badass of every culture" but fails to work because "badass" is far too general and subjective.

That's an albino lazer ronin

Whichever one is capable of the most brutal dirty rushdown face raping, like Makoto.

Easy pick, the Iron Maiden. She looks incredible and I have a soft spot for mechanical angels.

Gotta go with the Bloodborne guy
Switch Saw + Blunderbuss combo is op CQC

They're all pretty cool looking. I especially like Red Riding Hood.

Wait a minute, that tiger man…

Honestly, all of these designs suck ass for a fighting game. Way too overdesigned.

is this true for all fighters though?

I mean, what cohesion is there in Blazblue or Guilty Gear?

I know this is OP's idea guy thread and we don't need even more shitting up the place, but I wanted to toss out a couple questions myself.

First; I've been trying to work out a concept for a "fast" fighting game, for a larger overall project, sort of a virtual arcade deal. Where matches can be over in under 30 seconds, because the game itself is a small part of a larger project but it could be expanded into a standalone game later on, but it's still fun to play by itself.
My original idea was something like "the special bar fills up fast but steadily drains over time, so there's an encouragement to use supers", and also the idea of a parry move to maybe break enemy combos or fill your special bar. But with that, of course, comes the danger that parrying will become too much of a meta and that fights will become nothing but endless parry contests. Is such a mechanic even worth balancing, or is it flawed from the start?

The other question involves three conceptual chess-themed robot fighters, a rush-down knight with high mobility options, a big ol' not-Potemkin tank of a rook, and a magic-using bishop that specializes in trapping and zoning. Simple archetypes, simple design concepts. I'm just trying to decide the best way to implement such an idea, whether it's to make all three separate characters, focus on one, or have like a queen-themed puppeteer character who controls all three.

lolwat

Being generic or inspired by something else isn't necessarily bad, it's the execution that matters.

DoomGuts or titty samuri

I've missed you faggot!
I hope you're still watching the podcast.

yum

shit I wanted to make a fightan game too, but I have no motivation.

Have fun being bad, champ.

whichever one was really fast and rewarded aggressive high-pressure playstyles

yeah the game needs a loli, a weirdo thingy, and a giant robot zangief

Guess I'll go with the doomguy/guts/brucecampbell/contra generic action guy or the 4 armed chick.

aw shit dude, giant robot nazi zangief, i want it

Requesting this as well, loli pls.

I'm too polite to say anything…

That shit is getting almost as old as traditional fighting games. Make something more unique or at least have some unique mechanics in there. Otherwise your game is just going to wallow in mediocrity.

The fact that they actually look like they're from the same world? In BB there's a lot of "IRL clothes with slightly differences" and even the robots follow similar designs and patterns to the other characters. In Xrd the similarities can be seen through the belts, buttons and simple color schemes that mostly use only one shade of a used colour and are all reasonably vibrant, at least enough that nobody stands out for having a bad colour scheme.

Here, you have the most raw ass inquisitor taken straight from the late 19th century in the same world as a goth lolita red riding hood whose design really doesn't fit any specific period, Doomguy and "Technomancer Elf Prince". The only two characters he fits in with are the angel and Baiken-with-two-arms, but arguably alien-like angels fit anywhere no matter the design. Nekomata is a good example of the colour problem with the roster, but I think it's just the artist's colouring stile since every character feels like they have weirdly desaturated shades.

I singled out those two because they have too many different traits to single out as being directly inspired by one or two things. Kamen Rider would look full on operator if not for the helmet and doomguy has a ton of things going on that makes him stand out a little bit more.

So going from left to right in the first pic:
this one's ok
Looks like a Battleborn character
ok
unoriginal
nice try
I don't mind this guy
ok
How about making some actually original characters as well, yeah? I know you wanted make them "familiar", but most of them look like Chinese bootleg versions.
I am a sucker for vampire hunter D looking guys with big hats, so I like him, but it really needs work to make him stand out.

HEH

m8, in the guilty gear roster you've literally got a guitarist, a ninja and robot. You also left out the other half which includes a ruroni kenshin ripoff from edo japan, a futuristic mecha with long hair and a penis, robo Ky, and an old guy with a fuck huge sword and a gettup that feels like he should be in a medieval fantasy rpg.

Guilty Gear is all over the place when it comes to theme.

They still fit together because of what I said though, especially in the colour scheme department. You are looking at themes and design at a very basic level if you are only looking at the most recognisable concepts of these characters and not the individual parts of their design.

The only real outliers to GG's design are the characters from post apocalyptic Japan, who have either modernised like Chipp and Answer, or have worn old clothes like Baiken, Kum and Anji. The difference between B, K and A and the character's in OP's roster is that they all together follow the same theme, which is meant to juxtapose with the rest of the characters because of the story themes themselves, since Japan was the first victim of whatever the fuck big event GG has every Tuesday.

Objection: Haehyun is Korean.

You're correct, but his story is Japan-based and the lettering on the cloth part of his sash is Japanese.

OP here.

The theme I'm going for is demons vs. demon hunters, generally. Part of the reason you don't see much cohesiveness, is cause I haven't drawn any of the demons yet. Only a half demon, and he's the Tiger Oni guy in the middle.

The demons will all have much gnarlier look to them, for example, War, who I'm designing now. He'll also fit the bill as the fuckhuge heavy fighter with decent reach, and Famine, which I'll be designing next. Famine will be a fat gluttnous, eldrict-looking thing with tentacles. It will be the grappler, which is on of the criticisms I saw here mostly, the lack of big, heavy grapplers. Famine will fit the bill as the token grappler, bit it'll be a little more original, as his abilities will somewhat unique. He'll have the power to eat foes, and drain their health, and will have a lot of HP, but in exchange, and unusual for grapplers, he doesn't do much damage with his attacks, thus, Famine is more of a battle of attrition. War, which you see here, is the one that's "fuck up, and he'll take half your health" type fighter.

Anyway, part of the reason why they all look like they don't fit together is intentional. I wanted to have a variety of fighters from a variety of influence. Thus, we decided the idea would be, warriors from different universes, stuck in purgatory, following that demons vs. demon hunters theme. With purgatory kinda amalgamating elements from many of these universes.

All that aside, I'm interested in your critique and would like it if you could follow up on what you were saying about color scheme.

Do note however, that all these are still very rough concepts, and outside of the red hood, none have any shading whatsoever.

Not even worthy reading the post tbh onii-fam.

I'd make War surprisingly flexible as fuck also let him have moves that damages himself as well as the opponent.

Kamen rider or oni

Ah, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. War looks fucking cool.

Any idea what the four-armed chick is supposed to play like? I'm guessing she's supposed to be a grappler?

If you're going to make her a heavy-damage sort of fighter, then personally I'd recommend making her bigger and taller.

I'm not just saying that because I like huge chicks, rather it's because I like having options, so I'm not just limited to one fuckhuge character if I only want to play fuckhuge characters. I like the idea of having a couple so I can find my niche.

Also there aren't enough truly big ladies in games.

Well fuck me. This makes it even worse. I don't give a shit about MK, so whatever.

Sheeva's been around since MK3, how do you not know about her.

Like I said, I don't play MK.
Also fuck off namefag.

Ditto. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Look at the list I posted ITT, a loli witch is planned, lol.

Yep, he also has a sort of rage mechanic (duh), lower his health gets, stronger he becomes, he's also able to boost his power temporarily but sacrificing his health.

She's a sort of glass cannon, not unlike Falcon.

Her gimmich is that she can inflate her muscles at impact extra damage with a timed button press. Think of how Luffy's Gear 4th works, and combine it with his gear 3rd sort of, and you've kinda got it. She can make parts of her body larger and more powerful for a split second fir extra power. My friend said it reminded him of the orcs in Warhammer, which btw, she's supposed to be an orc, it's funny no ones has picked up on that.

As for muscle girls, I've got a duo character planned, she's a green haired beastmaster girl riding on a giant cat. He's got a frame similar to the Amazoness in Dragon's Crown, and she's a sort of "mount character" you can play as the two in unison, or seperate her and the cat and control them like that. She'll have a spear, and I'm considering nature manipulation as well. Vines, trees, etc…

The funny part is, I originally drew her with just two arms, and then considered a 4 arm variant so I drew that as well, and passed it around. Everyone seemed to like the 4 arm version more saying it was more unique. Go figure. I don't even play MK, so I had no idea that character existed. But it's like the gunslinger dude, I was thinking Bloodborne, and use that as reff, and suddenly, people start bringing up VanHelsing, and someone even showed me a pick, and he 1:1 looks like the guy in the cover. So he'll need a change too.

Sometimes shit like that happens.

Oh yeah, if you like fuckhuge characters, I've got a MEGAfuckhuge one planned, though I'm not too sure if it'll make the cut. It's a Cyborg T-Rex thing, Godzilla-like. Not THAT big, but still by far bigger than anyone else in the roster. About 2x the size of War, who's about 10 feet tall more or less. Guts guy is about 6'7, and Oni guy is 6'2.

Pestilence and Death will also be fairly large. Though not exactly heavy, as they're more bait and punish style characters.

There's also a Garuda which I also wanna add. He's about as big as the Guts guy more or less, but with wings.

Famine is also big, about as big as War.

I think specific moves that hurts him would be better than a mode, this way for example people would know he is locked out of certain moves when he is at a certain HP level, although the HP reduction should occur after the move was executed thus if he brings an opponent HP to 0, his hits 0 after, thus making him the winner.

I don't really have much to say since I'm just another schmuck that hasn't even finished drawing the second character in my own game but if you want more thoughts I'll oblige.

This character Shuten Doji, an oni from Warriors Orochi 3 that I'm going to compare with your tiger oni character since they're quite similar visually, and he also has a bit of colouring clutter. Mr Doji is quite dirty though, and has some noticeable grime at most places, primarily his legs. However, that dirt is the only thing changing his primary shades.

One of the things you might notice immediately about Doji is that his tattoos match the colour of the red markings on his gourd, but then the black markings also match his clothing, which then also match his horns, but don't match his armguards and waist armour.
You can tell through the grime that his pants are meant to be the same as his top, and there's also parts on the top that are very clean, but are obviously meant to be the inside of his clothes, parts that would obviously not get as much grime since they shouldn't be exposed, thus the contrast between it and the outside.
Without the markings, his gourd and the rope around it are quite generic, so the fact that the markings added to it match his colour scheme drive the point that it belongs to him and is part of his character.
While his armored parts don't match the more casual parts of him, they all match each other instead, including the orange cloth at the wait. It's meant to be reminiscent of Chinese armor methinks, since the game is a clash of warring periods of both China and Japan. It's sparsely placed, so it doesn't stand out.
His hair is vibrant and it matches his clothes, but not any other parts of his body.

Then we move to your Tiger Man.
The only colour schemes that match that I could barely notice on first glance are his arm and the marks on his body, which is the orange. However, everything else tells a different story.
The fur coming down from his waistcloth is an equal mix of brown, orange, white and an extremely dark shade of crimson, but his tail does not have any white, the neck cloth is only black, his hair is a lighter crimson, I have no idea what the legs are supposed to be and his hat hair is purely white. It doesn't feel like anything is matching or is a bit chaotic. Chaotic might be something you want, but even Chaos Undivided factions in 40k have some sense of organisation with what spectrum of the rainbow they rep with.

Tiger man has a lot of colors like Doji and they both have decent primary colour scheme, but unlike Doji it's all over the place and nothing matches right while Doji makes sense in a franchise where a lot of primary colours are used to denote allegiance. The red from Doji's hair and tattoos serve as highlights to his design, but on Tiger man i can't tell what it's supposed to be.

I'm not sure why I'm posting Zinogre armor as well, but I guess it's a polar opposite of the schemes presented while also adhering to proper coloring and themes.
You can also look at the Guilty Gear designs to figure out what's so appealing about them and compare finer details of the colours chosen with yours.

If you want to practice trying to get the color schemes down, I'd suggest trying with Nekomata first since she does not have very many major elements to colour in. Personally I would change the faded red parts into something that contrasts better with the blue parts, and her head hair and corset should match.

DO NOT PUT A RAGE/BERSERK STYLE MECHANIC IN YOUR FIGHTING GAME
They have universally sucked ass unless something special is actually done with it. It blew shit in Tekken when it was first introduced and needed to become an expendable resource for people to start to like it, and fucking nobody likes Smash 4's rage for the same reason as when it first appeared in Tekken.

Ah, very cool. I picture the T-Rex being like Hauzer from Red Earth/CFJ.

I'm interested in seeing more. Is your game still in the concept phase or are you working on an engine?

Anyway, I hope I don't look like a fucking idiot with this, I'm generally very bad at making long posts because my head starts to fly everywhere with what I want to mention first, so I end up with a lot of errors or accidental omissions.

There there, you didn't reddit-space too much.

have you heard of a little game called samurai spirits amigo

I reddit-spaced to divide important sections of a massive post you fucking twink.

I didn't say Tekken invented it you fucking mongoloid, but more people who post in this thread would know about Tekken than SamSho.

Same

iron maiden, easily the coolest and best girl so far

Yeah, he's gonna be built around that. It embodies the concept of a berserker warrior and Aries quite well. The lower his health, the more dangerous he is, but he's gotta have a trade off to balance out. Plus, getting himself to low health will be part of it.

I also wanna give him a move similar to the one Zangeif has in SFV, where can can tank moves while approaching foes.

Oh yeah, he's a mess. I'm still focusing on silhouette and general color scheme for the first draft. Next pass I start fleshing out the details.

For the tiger man, the sash around his waist will be a tiger pelt, and I gotta add more Japanese-style elements, I was thinking the pads you see in samurai armor at the sides of the legs, kinda like the Zinogre armor in fact.

The overall color palette is fairly solid on him though, it's a nice blend of oranges, reds and browns. I just gotta make the palette read correctly, much like you pointed out. I don't usually bother with that in the first draft though, as first drafts are typically the most derivative anyway, and it's a waste to put that much effort into things, when I'll likely change the details. My main focus in a first draft is always siloutte first, and then palette.

It's only for War, it's his gimmick. I get what you mean, I hate that shit too in Smash 4, just as much as I hate counters in Smash 4, they're just poorly implemented mechanics though. The mechanics themselves are fine. Counter characters can be very fun, if balanced right, and character with Rage can be great, if properly built around the mechanic, much like War will be, as that's his gimmick. Much like Blazblue, every fighter will have a gimmick to kinda play off of.

Concept.

I guess if I spoiler it, it should be ok to say it.

I'm making a fighting game, but I'm not making a videogame atm, I'd LOVE to make a videogame, but I'm only a comic book artist. That said, I'm acquiring a lot of fame with my Trump comic, and even have some contracts with a publisher for it. I'm sure it'll boom once the first volume is out, but regardless, it's my goal to start gaining a stronger fame and following online. For my NEXT project. [spoiler] it's an eSports battle manga about a fighting game - think Slam Dunk, but about eSports I KNOW for a fact this will boom. I've seen so much demand for this concept, and I know if translated into Koran and Japanese, it can gain traction. From there, making a game is a cynch, but it's all dependent on the success of the IP. That's why I'm biding my time, really building this to be solid as fuck. Story for the manga is written already, now we're building the game concept, as if it were a real game, but it can only be a game concept atm since we can't playtest. From here, it's essentially the YuGiOh/Pokemon strategy. People will wanna play, the game featured in the manga, esp since so much of it is about the intrigue and meta of fighters, and matchups, etc… This project is gonna be so boss, man I'm so excited. I have a few people in mind for who I'd team up with to build a game, and I'm confident once the IP starts gaining traction, many people will start asking to use my IP, esp considering how many indie guys are wanting to make Smash-like fighters out there. This is what I mean by building the IP first, and why I'm putting so much focus on the brand, and visual appeal of the characters. Don't get me wrong, the game will be fully fleshed out within the comic, there will even be a story within the story, as in, the story of the game, and all the fighting game character backstories, my friend already starting on that. But imo, this is the key to success, and it's gonna be dope as fuck. That said, the game itself is up in the air, but the manga will certainly be something really fucking dope. Esp since I'm really pushing my art style with this Trump comic as high as I can as I wanna be at a whole different level for Tiger Square.[/spoiler]

I was thinking of SamSho as well, that game was GOAT.

Idk why or how that image got posted…

I get what you say but I do hope you make sure your colours are placed right for the final designs.
The main problem with them, and with comeback mechanics in general is that when one player is winning, the opponent's rage/comeback mechanics and suddenly the player that's winning finds himself dead for less effort he put into getting you down in the first place. It's the game system suddenly giving the other player a chance to win because of a buff, not because he managed to escape and outskill the opponent.

No no no that's not what I said, actually the lower his health the more risky he is to use.

Yeah, but it's not a comeback in the case of War, his entire moveset is built around getting himself to low health to really hurt foes. He's more high risk high reward in that sense. But it's very optional too. It's intentionally done to make him intimidating. He still succumbs to Zoners and other ranged characters though, much like most Turtle characters, and I'll think up ways to balance that out. But a mechanic like this works well when contained to JUST one character. That way, if game-breaking in some way, you only need to balance out that one character, plus, when the entire character is built around the mechanic it's more cohesive.

War is most certainly a character who excels later on in the match, unlike the Doomguy for example, who is ammo based, thus, players need to be careful with what they use and how.

The only problem with War might be how hard he could be to kill at low damage, since the game is a Smash like in that it's stock-based, but at the same time, unlike Smash it's also health-based rather than percentage, so it should be interesting to see.

I think it'll work out fine, after all, PM Lucario wasn't at all broken and he too had a rage mechanic. War will just do it better, as he's entirely built around that, and he's meant to be intimidating even when low in health.

Risky, but also intimidating. He can take half your health in one swing.

I'd probably do it so all his super-armor properties are gone when low in health, that'd be the way to do it too.

Why would I want to play a retarded child and get mixed up repeatedly just so I can play a good character later in the round?
Might as well just give him less health.

Well do what you want but I thought that the idea of war is to make trade-offs, you get into an exchange and you get casualties and the opponent get casualties but if you overwhelm your opponent with numbers you reduce your losses, so troop placement is crucial to maximize low casualties but you still have to choose trade-offs, sort of compromise. So the idea was that the character gets certain move that are quite effective but also hurts him, so as a player you have to know your HP to the pixel to see what is acceptable to trade-off and as an opponent you can also try to feint more so that the move hits empty air so that it still damages him, but then being too feinty can also makes you less attacking and attack is the best defence so it can be a trap in itself.

Because most of his moves have super armor at high health.

Ike and Ganondorf, and just Zangeif and Tager are useless without superarmor.

The strength of the heavy turtle archetype is in both command grabs that override other moves, and having superarmor out the ass, to compensate for their slower moves, as well as good reach for said moves.

This is why slower character in Melee got bodied hard. No super armor made them totally useless.

Health is a resource for this archetype, as they're meant to take many hits anyway.

This is how I envision War personally:
youtube.com/watch?v=HOhsIvJGo7A

Not War as the actual thing, but war as the horseman, and my character. Apocalyptic War is meant to present the bloodthirst and brutality of war, think of Aries, the God of War. Raw masculinity, glory in battle, rage, anger, bloothirst, etc… But taken to the extreme, to where it's just incredibly intimidating.

iirc, War the Horseman in Revelations, isn't about tradeoffs, or tactical thinking, it's the first bell that rings before the end of time, taking billions of lives with it. That's what this war is. Rampaging destruction, for all sides.

You're going to have a very difficult time balancing two playstyles in one when the change is based on health. Some characters might be good against the high health version but bad against the low health version, making the overall matchup bad for the other character since he needs to finish up while at a disadvantage, or the opposite can happen where a character cannot get through the high health version optimally. You then have to make compromises for both that have chances to wildly affect both kinds of matchups or not affect one at all.

So uh, good luck.

I see those things in individual altercations, not war. War is cold, calculated, unforgiving, all-taking. There is no humanity in war, the qualitatives you posted are all human qualities. Raw masculinity, glory in battle, that's a facade.

I talked before about making him highly flexible, as in stretchy, that's because it's not something someone would assume someone with his build to be, but that's also an aspect of war, unpredictability.

OP, I would pick this if you had it, otherwise, none.

It might be oddly specific but only Path of Exile has allowed me to get this rediculous in terms of regeneration. I was even able to out regenerate glass cannon archers DPS as long as I had flasks. They always ran out of flasks first.

tfw multiposting
I'm just throwing shit against the wall, and that profile is meant for an RPG, but for a fighting game you could certainly have the traits:

See

i don't like to pick my characters depending on their design, but these do look incredibly interesting. any kind of projectile or long range fighter works for me

Aside from my distaste for playing as demons and female characters because of muh female warrior meme being shoved down my throat, yeah, that sounds fun. I would pick Famine then.