Best NG+

What games have the best New Game + content?

I nominate this gem off the top of my head.

Wouldn't Yoko Taro games just win because he centers his stories around NG+?

You should've waited a bit longer.

You know what's stupid and gay shit?
"Impossible mode" being unlockable.
Why do devs treat it like some kind of reward? Why can't I just play on maximum difficulty from the very beginning rather than having to slog through second most difficult first?

This is why I asked the question and provided no pics.
To still find out decent NG+ in games, while slowly derailing it into Nier thread.

nice meme

It isn't really a reward, it is just another incentive to play the game again

Thanks.

NG+ content is incentive to play again as it playing it on an easier mode just to fuck around.

Silent Hill 3.

The best is probably some visual novel with new routes. NG+ content that doesn't offer dramatically different choices (in a story-driven game) and potentially new gameplay options (in a game where story is null) isn't content, it's just the same shit.

Hard Mode variants can be alright if sufficiently different. Higher enemy damage, higher enemy health is not sufficiently different. Something like HM in Guild Wars that gives the enemies new skill-sets and AI tactics is acceptable; something like the pre-Daimon/post-Daimon shift of DD: Dark Arisen, where spawn placements / loot / the end boss are all subject to alterations, but in a manner somewhat foreshadwoed from your first run through (you thought you wouldn't have to fuck with that Condemned Gorecyclops? think again) is better; those few games that let you outright shoot the end-boss in the head on the first level and completely alter the game are the best.

Is there something else besides new t-shirts and the magical girl outfit

Unlimited smg, lightsaber, the whole ammo multiplication business, and different riddle modes. It's just great for replayability.

Dark Souls series had some bosses and equipment only available on NG+, along side with new enemies and traps. It was like playing completely new game.

Really? i never bothered with NG+ because i thought it would be too easy with the endgame gear, plus multiplayer was dead by the time i got a PC with enough power to run it

I didn't know this. Thanks, user.

The only sad thing is that there are things you can't get without cheating on some of the higher difficulties (need that one pricy as fuck equipable item you cannot possibly buy that give you bonus items from some fights)

How?

I very occasionally hear this but never recall any actual game mentioned that aren't dismissed based on context once they're named.

Nayuta no Kiseki has the best NG+ content. You get all your gear, get more gear, get more dungeons, get harder enemies, get more story. It's the best game you never played.

Almost, Replay mode was easier than the first run.

Nothing wrong with that, surely. First time you play through the game, you're playing it as intended.
On the second time around in NG+ you're just playing it for fun or with a new twist or whatever.

I mean, it would have been great to have a harder replay mode to make up for all those extra weapons.

This reminds me of this entry level VN that actually surpasses moonman.
In Saya no Uta first choice you have is kinda obvious choice to any rational human being. The twist is trying to be normal from that point ends in most depressing saddest ending in that game.
Which is single best story point I have encountered in a game. Do I really decide to live my life on pretty much worse than wheelchair for that girl.

I played read this before I knew NieR existed. I still think Nip Moonman is superior.

Fucking Plebians the whole fucking lot of you.

because the NG+ in that game is really bogstandard with no new content?

I think that's just the push I needed to download the JP version onto my hacked Vita. Is there a copy in the share threads?

Yeah, it's mostly the endings that are different. Not the meat of the game.

Do you know moon or did the translation get pozzed?

I will say it slowly.
Fucking.
Plebians.

Well I'll play a game on the hardest setting it has to offer but I don't like when the enemies are scaled up. Kind of makes all the cool stuff you earned feel redundant. On the other hand I guess you still want some challenge.
To each their own.

It could be like Bounty mode where you get extra enemies like golems in certain areas, would make it way cooler when you use certain OP weapons.

I came here to control+f for Chrono Trigger at least.

You sir, a scholar and a gentleman.
Have a cute Ayla for your troubles.

You beat me to it.

Frog Best Boy

Is there any other game that does something like Chrono Trigger? Even if it is something like if you kill a boss when you shouldn't be able to you go down a different route.

There's probably something like it in the Souls games. Kill a boss early, get to certain areas way too early? Can anyone confirm?

Disgaea games, but most times you just get an ending and the game stops right there

Not really. Dark Souls 1 is the one game in the franchise that lets you sequence break the most, and even that requires the Master Key. You can get to areas you are not really geared up to handle (though if you know what you're doing that's no problem) and can skip entire parts of the game.

You do most of that on NG.

I guess Chrono Trigger counts.

Without glitches or unintended methods there isn't too much of that in the series.

There's the Asylum demon. If you kill him in the first fight, before you get your weapon, you get his hammer.

That's pretty minor, but it is something at least.

You are all my niggas.

Also.

The extra content in Chrono Trigger DS is disgraceful like how Square Enix is treating the Chrono series.

Crimson Echos found a way to make it more acceptable at least.

In NG+ you're not playing survival horror anymore, you're playing "zombie" destruction mode. Ammo isn't a priority and you can mow down all
the enemies.

Just google it, a few sites have it up on megaupload/zippyshare. I got mine there before I bought the LE for cheap.

The more times you play the easier it gets. But again this is proto-neir model. You have to keep playing to learn more about the story.

I thought this game was one of the best games I had no idea how to play properly.

Yeah I sucked so hard at the beginning they just don't tell you how to play it right. Took me forever to learn.