Why do tryhards hate this movie so much? Do they fundamentally not understand what an adaptation is...

Why do tryhards hate this movie so much? Do they fundamentally not understand what an adaptation is? As far as high budget films go, this is one of the few actually good ones recently.

Attached: Noah-movie-2014-676x450.jpg (676x450, 67.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

simoncamilleri.com/simons-review-of-noah-the-film/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The setting was interesting, almost live action animu. But linking it to vegetarianism was just silly.

I really don't see how anyone could be offended by conservation themes in a biblical tale especially Noah. Isn't the main takeaway from the Bible supposed to be that you should treat mother earth with respect?

oh (((you)))

It was even more dissapointing than Gods & Kings. Nobody liked them, not the jews not the christians not the atheists. Those movies managed to offend everyone.

?

I was better than Exodus Gods and Kings. And plenty of people liked it. Just not normies that watch fast and the furious movies.

It's a summer action drama flick disguised as kino. Literally. Noah was also a cuck. Aronofsky tried to ape Book of Eli but failed miserably.

No, respecting animals is never a priority in the bible. And mother earth is a disguised pagan concept for lapsed Christians and fedoras.

I don't care about the bible, if you are a religious person who supposedly cares about things, then you dont want all animals to be dead because that would ruin earth

Yeah, treat some goddess of Earth with respect.
That must be the point of the fucking bible.

Attached: 9eba7592437aaa993ffbf33aa75d14b2.jpg (513x454, 215.61K)

Fuck mother earth
Here is /mygoddess/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1122x1758, 5.32M)

It's not like humans eat animals all the time, and if they do it's mostly domesticated breeds of animals that do no harm to wildlife unless there are too many of them.

The CGI in it will and did age like milk.

based

The imagery of all those faggots hanging on to the rock drowning, screaming, yelling, crying out as the water slowly envelops them was poor kino.
Shame the movie turned into Noah trying to kill the others, that didn't happen in the bible. Also
Who the fuck cast her? Why am I even asking, of course we know who it was, she was HARVested after all. Fucking no talent cunt that she is.

You are dumb as a sack of bricks my dude.

ITT RETARDS THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND A FILM IS A DIFFERENT MEDIUM FROM BOOKS

Holy Christ you people are dumb can you just fuck off to whatever cave you come from.

Looks fine compared to capeshit

No fucking shit

Nice non argument faggot.

>(((Noah)))
If I wanted to watch a shitty movie with a based Jew I'd just watch inglorious bastards

>>>/reddit/

Was this the film where those evil guys who made everything all shitty and destroyed nature and the good guys had a little piece of paper?
if so, it was ok.

The main takeaway is the earth is the devil’s domain and the world is a world of sin and death, to the point God flooded it after firebombing two cities full of faggots.

Nothing in the Bible even remotely argues for conservation of resources. Noah sacrifices half of the animals on the arc to God and the smell of their burning flesh pleases Him and He blesses Noah.

Nigga I'm talking about the values of the bible not what happens in it

Sounds like pretentious garbage to me

You and all of your ilk will die soon enough. However, you will no longer exist in this universe. No Heaven or Hell. Perhaps you would welcome such a thing?

5. My last surprise is that I can heartily recommend this film.

simoncamilleri.com/simons-review-of-noah-the-film/

Attached: noah-sacrifice-1024x762.jpg (1024x762, 327.87K)

2. It was pretty cool.
It had a consistently interesting and cinematic look to it. The costumes were cool, the sets were cool, the acting was cool, the actors were cool, the sound effects were cool, the visual effects (apart from the rock monsters) were cool. It was a cool movie. Well worth seeing on the big screen for the visual feast that it was.

3. It wasn’t at all Godless.
I had heard some criticisms that God is absent in the film just because the word “God” is not used. But the “Creator” (as God is called) is not only mentioned throughout the film, he clearly and unambiguously makes things happen. I was worried they were going to sort of make out that it was all in Noah’s head. Now, sure, he received the message to build the ark through dreams (whereas in the Bible God just speaks to Noah), but God is very clearly acting when a forest miraculously appears and all the animals come to the ark and the worldwide flood comes along. Even the rock monsters are evidence of a divine being. There’s no hint that Noah is just making it all up or it was just a localised flood or something like that to turn it into a Godless story. God is depicted as just and merciful, directly active and working through the lives and choices of people. There is a reoccurring theme of characters asking why God is silent (it’s mentioned by at least three separate characters), which was disappointing because that’s the exact opposite of what the original story says, but at least God was present throughout. If you know your Bible, he was a lot more obvious in this film than he is in the Book of Esther, that’s for sure!

The bible has no values of its own. It includes a bunch of random values smashed together haphazardly and an esoteric set of values.

God’s direction and command was an interesting theme in the film I thought. When Noah is given the command to build the ark because the flood is coming, that is all pretty clear (albeit given through a series of dreams). And it’s the right thing to do, no question. But later (spoiler alert) when Noah feels that because humans are so sinful, even he and all his family should not be spared and so he plans to kill his granddaughter so the human race will die out, abraham-and-isaac-on-mount-moriahthere is no dream from God. There is a sort of dream sequence where he sees the evil of mankind and realises that he and his family have the seed of evil in them as well, but the idea that everyone must die to save the earth, is one mission that he concludes on his own. He feels that that is what God wants him to do, but everyone else disagrees with him and he has no vision or sign to prove otherwise. Just is own convictions. It has echoes of Abraham being commanded to kill his son Isaac, just without the command.

I thought it was great reminder to not just conclude what God might want you to do when he has not given you instruction on the matter – especially when it comes to something you can’t take back, like killing someone! I’ll try not to spoil what he does with his moral dilemma, but I was a bit disappointed with how they handled it. There were lots of opportunities for the message that “mercy triumphs over judgement” (James 2:13) to shine through, from the rock monster who asks God for forgiveness and then is saved, to the act of a character being healed from her barrenness, to the perfect provision of the girls (it’s a bit creepy but you have to see the film to understand the point of that one). But in the end, it all sort of got watered down to, “mercy only triumphs over judgement when it’s mercy for your own cute granddaughters that you’re feeling loving towards”.

4. It was all about how sinful humans are.
Now, some have criticised the film for being just environmentalist propaganda, and sure it laid it on pretty thick especially with Noah and his family all being vegetarians (though correct me if I’m wrong, but were they wearing leather?). Despite this, the idea of humans destroying the earth was just one of the ways that “Man” is shown to be corrupt. They rape, steal, kill, covet and generally are just plain bad… except the girls of course. Interestingly, the women are all good in this film. There was not one really evil woman in the entire story. But that aside, the theme of how bad we really are, was scattered throughout. The flood itself is seen as a just judgement for mankind’s wickedness. The big question that is raised, is “Are Noah and his family innocent?” At first Noah is content to ride along with the animals (who are deemed innocent because they live as they did in the Garden of Eden), but about half way cainthrough the film, he realises that even he and all his family have mixed motives and sinful inclinations. His wife tries to get him to see that there is also good in all of them as well (I had flashbacks of Luke Skywalker trying to convince Darth Vader), but he concludes that the world would be better off without us. Even in the end, when it doesn’t all end in humanity’s extinction (shock horror), Emma Watson’s character asks him to stick around and not kill everyone so he can be a grandfather and help us all be better this time.

The funny thing is, we know the rest of the story! Noah’s descendants are not much better! The whole point of the environmentalist theme is to convict us about the fact that we still kill and ravage the planet and we are still full of sin and conflicted desires. The question of the “goodness” of humanity is sort of concluded with a message like: “HUMANS – WE REALLY ARE SINFUL, BUT WITH LOVE IN OUR HEARTS WE DESERVE ANOTHER GO”.

Now, if you know the original story, this has elements of the truth. Noah is described as a “righteous” man, but this doesn’t mean he was perfect. It means he was “right with God”. But he was still sinful, and so was all his family. This is most clearly shown in the fact that the very first thing they did when they got out of the ark was make a sacrifice. (see Genesis 8:18-21) That’s right! They killed an animal and offered it as an act of humility and appeal to God for mercy. And God responds to their sacrifice by promising not to wipe everyone out with a flood ever again “even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood” (Genesis 8:21). Nothing has changed in the human heart by the end of the biblical story. God’s justice and mercy has been clearly shown, but mankind’s sin remains the same. That’s why the sacrifice was needed.

In fact, the sacrificial system (though only a new thing back in Genesis) was a bigger part of the Noah story than people realise. It definitely was completely skipped in Aronofsky’s version of the story. You see, Noah wasn’t actually told to put two of every kind of animal in the ark. Check out Genesis 7:1-4. He was told to put two of every kid of “unclean” animal, but he had to put SEVEN of every kind of “clean” animal. Why more “clean” animals? Because they were the ones you were allowed to sacrifice. Even before the flood came, the biblical story tells us, God was providing a way for Noah and his descendants to remain in righteousness (right relationship with God). It wasn’t through being more good than bad. It wasn’t through puttin’ a little love in your heart. It was through sacrifice and the mercy of God. It’s actually the sacrifice of a “clean” animal in the place of an “unclean” sinner, that makes way for God’s mercy to a people that actually deserve judgement. This theme is carried all the way through the bible and is ultimately fulfilled in the one person the whole system was pointing to – Jesus. The original story of Noah concludes with the message that “mercy triumphs over judgment through sacrifice”. Which is a very simplistic, but accurate, description of the New Testament gospel.

I wasn’t surprised the Aronofsky missed this message in his film, but I was surprised of how much he explored the theme. Apart from his weak ending, I thought he explored it well and raised great questions and moral dilemmas about the sinfulness of the human heart and whether we can overcome it.

So a film that has values is better

You're all cowards tbhfamalam nigger animals.

Attached: d09a7fcba291d5b8dda2ba35046b9cdf514cdc6969907a0b7749d89e4cfa2181.jpg (220x242, 2.98M)