When was the last good Sonic game?

Personally I quite liked pic related.

I only really liked the first three games. Didn't care about it after that.

In a few months it will be Sonic Mania. Fuck modern Sonic it's nothing more than a button press interactive roller coaster.

Colors was better.
Generations was a lot better.
Lost World was eh.

I feel bad for Unleashed. It's a game with a lot of heart, but half of it just isn't good. The art direction, atmosphere, levels, and the other half of the game are 10/10 though.

Colors. Generations should've been great, but it was ruined simply because of that unbelievably awful final boss fight.

Funny enough Unleashed at the time was the first Sonic game I disliked, mostly because of that fact you needed to collect the Sun and Moon metals bullshit.
Maybe if I gave it another shot I would like the Daytime stages more, but the Werehog is a poor mans God of War, and God of War was always inferior to Devil May Cry anyway.
Also I wasn't really a fan of the whole Chip being literally a God thing.

Lost World was totally shit though. I think it has to be the one Sonic game I actually Hate. Every other Sonic game has redeeming aspects but literally nothing about Lost World was well done, all of it is painful mediocre.

This, except for Wii. Using a GC controller, of course.

& knuckles if you count it as a separate game.

there never were any good ones in the first place

Your just straight up wrong user, Shadow the Hedgehog 2 was a master piece.

Generations.

Colors and Generations were alright

Realistically it's more of a rule that sanic games are good rather than bad. Boom '06 and Chronicles are an exception, not the rule

The Day levels were nice and fun
But the night stages can suck a dick coming from someone who played the game twice, once on ps2 when it was new and again on ps3 when it was 50p in cex

Generations is probably the last game where I didn't hate anything.

Gonna pirate mania when it comes out

Last really good one was Sonic Adventure 2
Colors and Generations were ok

The werehog was frustrating at times, but at best it was above average, and at worst just average. I honestly think that most people really over exaggerated how bad the werehog is. (though tbh, I would've made it more about basic platforming, and taken out all of the fighting if I had a chance)

This. SA2 was pretty great.

Sonic Unleashed is just half good, you know which half is the good half.

All of them are good to some extent. Even Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. The last sonic game (Generations) was the best in a long ass time.

Sonic was never good.

Go back to clown school Jack "Cancer Moby" Packard.

they should stick to movies and actual bad games

Even if you only count console releases that isn't true, a game doesn't have to be a garbage fire like 06 to be bad.

I'd say Sonic Generations, although then again, I haven't played Lost Worlds nor any of the Sonic Boom games.

Fuck no. Unleashed is fucking trash.

I haven't played one since Sonic & Knuckles and I would say the last good one was Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

This one.

Last good 3d sonic is Sonic Adventure 2, because it was the last sonic with nice full 3d control with no automatic movement gimmicks. Last levels of it are the most fun shit i ever had to play in platformer games. Unleashed introduced boost, which destroyed the purpose of the sonic spindash, and since then every single 3d game had it.
I can make exception only for Colors on Wii for fun level design, and generally tricky platforming with cool abilities, but its mostly 2d gameplay. Whole thing about switching 2d and 3d planes was cancer, because 3d parts got really casualized because of it. Generations was short and poorly designed gameplay wise.

Last good classic sonic for me was advance series, despite little amount of people caring about it, it had inspiring designs and purely adrenaline driven gameplay.

Since Sonic 06 it was only downfall.

Do you have autism?

No, i just like platformers.

Sonic Unleashed is my most appreciated Sonic game. It has a lot of care put into it and the last Sonic game with a large budget.

Is soni and the black knight worth getting? I heard it has classic controller compatibility

No, its awful. In both gameplay and controls.

Go for it, it's a fun time and if you liked Secret Rings at all it will be a marked improvement. Unfortunately, you cannot LET THE SPEED MEND IT.

In what ways? I found Secret Rings very hit and miss (with more misses). And is the combat horrible/

Combat consists of attacking during a homing attack, and some swings on the ground if I remember correctly.

I unfortunately got the wii version. What a fucking mistake that was.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

lmaoing @ ur life

sonic generations

also does anyone else think p-funk music makes the best sonic music?

Does this count as a Sonic game?

Transformed had played better, but the first one had better tracks. Why are a lot of games and their sequels like that? RCT1 had the better campaign, but 2 has the better gameplay. Why can't I just have both? Why can't I be black and fuck some cumskin's wife?

Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
No discussion to be had to be honest.
The rest are undeniably shit (including the rubbish 2d ds games). All of the 3d games completely suck because platforming + speed simply doesn't work in 3d.

Is this some sort of jewish ai malfunction?

Colors was perhaps the worst Sonic Team game outside of '06. Very little content relative to the rest of the series, the whisps are stupid gimmicks, the 3D sections have a bunch of parts where it is literally just holding Boost to win, in addition to the rest of the 3D sections where it's only almost literally holding boost to win (like the other Modern Sonic games), and the 2D sections, which are most of the game anyway, don't even play like Sonic, but instead have you double jumping in levels that don't at all understand the momentum that made 2D Sonic levels good.

Unleashed has shittons of content, the werehog isn't as bad as people say and has fun visual style to its levels, the Hedgehog stages are less "hold boost to win" than Colors, the 2D sections play at least a bit more like Sonic and the story is the last time they even pretended to try in the series. I prefer Adventure Sonic over Modern Sonic, but if we're talking Modern Sonic, I'll certainly take Unleashed over Colors. Generations was good too, but once again had very little content.

But Gaia fits well enough with the other Greek-inspired deities in the series, like Chaos and Void. I know people bitch about Sonic fighting Gods for a while in that era, but I liked how it expanded the lore. The Gods were always a part of Sonic lore, but these games just showed more of them.

'06 and Boom are the only bad console Sonic games. And Boom is a spinoff tv-show tie in, never canon to the games, made by a different team.

Mediocre is not the same as bad.

I agree that Sonic Adventure 2 is the best 3D Sonic (by far), but the Advance and Rush games are the 2D equivalent to Modern Sonic. So focused on GOTTA GO FAST that they forget that FAST is something you're supposed to earn by being good. The levels allow you to go fast smoothly, but only if you're good. In Dimps and Modern Sonic the levels are made to just make you go fast automatically, because that's what the casuals want. Sure you can go faster if you're good, but the levels have to be made to just go fast regardless, which results in sparse hallways and no ability to explore.

Granted Advance 1 wasn't that bad with this. But the sequels got worse.

Play Sonic Adventure 2.

There is only 5 good Sonic games and as says soon it'll be 6

I have.
I just don't think sonic games work in 3d at all. I preferred sonic adventure 1 to 2 anyway.
Also, why did sega turn sonic into such complete and utter AIDS as far as all the gay extra characters and 'cool' music and aesthetic is concerned.

It really seems like they went out of their way to destroy one of the most charming franchises in gaming.

I'm looking forward to mania, anyway, and I consider sonic 3 and knuckles to be one of the best games ever tbh.

The extra characters haven't been playable in over ten years. It's time to get over it.

The music evolved in an interesting way, because Adventure 1 had a lot of tracks that sound like they're just out of the Genesis games, including one that's recycled from 3D Blast and everything, but then of course the theme songs added the other styles, and Adventure 2 played that up even more (though still having a lot, like Metal Harbor, that work well enough without those styles). Personally, I liked it. But then after '06, Sega threw out everything, including that music, and replaced it with somehow more pop-ish pop rock than the pop rock they already had.

Anyone remember Sonic Advance games?
Those were neat.

I like most of the games outside of the really awful ones like 06 and Chronicles.

Only correct answer.

Hopefully Mania will change that though.

Wait a minute, didn't the PS2 and Wii versions have less content than the 360 and Nogaemzstation3 ones?

The game is shit, no questions asked.

Wii and PS2 was basically different game altogether. It had a level select instead of a hub world.

Sonic Generations.

Jack "Cancer Moby" Packard sure is going all-out with those VPNs.

God, this whole game makes me cringe. It's so on-rails, it's sickening.

Piss off back to /tg/ warfag.

Lost World was a waste of money for me. Essentially just Sonic pretending to be Mario.

Then I want Sonic Adventure 6. I don't give a fuck.