What's the most demanding game to play for a pc?

What's the most demanding game to play for a pc?
I need to build a new one since the one i assembled 8 years ago starts to make too much heat/noise, and sometimes i have to put settings on medium.

Other urls found in this thread:

frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2665&page=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overwatch

life is strange

Probably still Arkham Knight out of sheer bad optimization alone. Due to the weak-ass consoles, even a 700€ desktop PC can deal with anything remotely well coded these days.

This pretty much.
You can also pump it up with 4k and a bunch of third party tools too.

Make a build focused around emulation instead of PC gaming. Emulation is always more demanding than native PC games and the processors which "just werk" for PC games are often dogshit for emulation.

ArmA 3
For all the wrong reasons

Cryostasis and awful indie walking simulators, only the former is worth playing and partially makes up for the shit optimization with great story, atmosphere, and TECHNOLOGY up the ass.

Emulation is critical to me. Do you have suggestions, examples or anything?

What a retarded question
You should be wanting good games, not demanding games.

Speaking of that, wasn't there a recent line of processors that were built to be incompatible with anything but Windows 10? Or it was some shitty joke/rumor?

Any Early Access game

Warhammer: Total War in large scale multiplayer fights.

Crysis 1
in year 2007/2008

Ashes of Singularity
Total War Warhammer
Arma 3
Crysis 3

Water cooler + GPU nigger, unless you cheaped out on MB and CPU back then there is no reason for a full build.
As for demanding games DF / KSP / BeamNG for CPU, Shekel Citizen, ARMA 3, any shitty port for GPU.

Wow, look at this cool dude, he sure knows his memes.

There is absolutely no reason to get a water cooler.

Yes they are overkill but I have been running a H100 for 5 years without any issues and have yet to see CPU temps over 60c even on 42c days.
If you have the money I can't think of a single reason not to run one while they offer easier cleaning than the vast majority of air coolers.

I don't know how you can use them without feeling some paranoia. I would constantly be worried about a small leakage occurring and just destroying everything. It's not worth it in my mind when a 30-50 dollar fan will do the job fine in any situation.

I was scared at first but as 40c is common in summer here I figured it was worth it if I minimized the risk by using a sealed unit with a warranty that covers any damage.
After running it for awhile it occurred to me that because it is a sealed unit the manufacturer has control over the fluid as well as all materials used in manufacture making it easy for them to prevent any corrosion issues over time.

Hey retard, the Hyper 212 Evo cools within a few degrees of the H100, has 0 mechanical parts which can fail, 0 pump bearings which become noisy over time, saves money, and is simpler to install.

You don't need to "have money" to choose H100, you need to not have any common sense to choose it.

Are you sure about that?
So that fan doesn't have bearings?
If you have that much trouble clamping down a heatsink and putting 4 screws to mount the radiator maybe you shouldn't be building.

This also shows it to have lower thermal capability while being louder under load frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2665&page=6
Being nearly half the price these are all pretty good results for the 212 Evo but to argue it's better on anything but price takes willful ignorance, the fact you are arrogant is just a bonus.

Mankind Divided or Rise of the Tomb Raider

FYI I have that exact cooler. Just recently had to replace the fan because the bearings failed somehow.

Dwarf Fortress. Get a big enough game going and it will cripple super computers trying to calculate everything little thing down to the moistness of every cat's feet.

They're not "officially supported", but they still work perfectly.

Not supported just means MS hasn't tested them for 100% compatibility. We still have a long time before there are big enough changes in CPU architecture to cause compatibility issues with older untested operating systems.

games aren't a good measure of pc performance. benchmark your parts individually, and compare them to others online individually.

The primary issue will be when new instruction sets extensions like SSE4.2 and AVX 2.0 are introduced, traditionally a patch would introduce support for older operations systems but as MS it trying to push everyone onto win10 they won't patch them into any other release.
These technologies take time and aren't released that often but that doesn't mean there won't be a new one next month that has been in development for 5 years.

That fan is the bang you will get for your bucks. It is capable of keeping my overclocked AMD processor at a steady 10 degrees on a low rpm. Water cooling is nothing but a scam.

Data in a vacuum says nothing, it's 18c here, my PC has been on for ~8 hours, I have just been watching jewtube and shitposting for the last 2 hours.
It's impossible for me to have a temperature below 18c without refrigeration.
Given that it much be around 0c where you are I doubt you see many 40c days so in your case water cooling may be pointless.

Am I what?

Fucking fake-news tier bullshit, user. You wouldn't happen to be a reporter, would you?

My statement was "0 mechanical parts that can fail"

The steel brackets MIGHT rust through in 2-3 years if directly exposed to salt water. If not in the present of corrosive chemicals it will literally last hundreds of years. The same cannot be said about cheap vinyl hoses and plastic fittings.

>0 pump bearings which become noisy over time

You are a fucking retard

A replacement fan costs $2. A replacement pump from Corsair costs - well whaddya know - it's AIO so you buy an entirely fucking new unit to replace it.

ONE FUCKING DEGREE OFF

I made no claims about noise. I am talking about being pragmatic.

>>>/g/

Nothing in this universe lasts forever. If you had bought an H100 you would be out the entire cost of the unit. I am sure the replacement fan you purchased cost less than $100.

In fact, regarding noise, even if you spent $30 on a single Noctua fan I'm sure it would bring the noise level in line with the H100, be ONE FUCKING DEGREE away from the H100 in terms of cooling ability, and STILL be more reliable and easier to work with.

It's 16c here and I haven't turned my PC off in a week. I don't see why that matters though. If it can cool it down that much after being on an hour then it can do it after 100 hours.
Regardless though, even if you lived in the heart of Africa then one of these bad boys is still sure to do just as good a job as watercooling for less money still.

It's also worth mentioning that your CPU has a Thermal Design Power of 95w while mine is 130w also mitigating your need for water cooling.
There are very few situations where there is a "best" as different use cases have different requirements.

A fan isn't mechanical?
Yes when it fails I'll be up for a whole new cooler but there is no sign of that happening after 5 years.

I'm not in the cooler industry and don't hold shares in manufacturer, I just gave OP advice on cooling based on my own experience which has been pleasant while in one of the hotter places on earth.

Noctua makes some fucking great fans, to say nothing about their actual coolers. Don't let anyone tell you all fans are the same, the internals of a Noctua fan aren't anywhere close to what you get for $6

Silly question, how is your air cooler cooling colder than the air?

(checked)

It's not a mechanical part of the cooler, or do Corsair H100s not also need fans in front of their radiators?

The point is that there is simplicity in a block of copper and steel. If I took the fan off of my air cooler, the passive air flow of my case would be enough to still enable me to use my computer.

If the pump inside of an H100 block dies, there's no way you'd still be able to use it, even lightly, without overheating your CPU and it shutting itself off.

Obviously "better" is a subjective choice, but air cooling absolutely still has its strengths as well.

Noctua makes good fans for sure. Cougar is another brand that makes good fans, and they used to be much cheaper than noctua and so were more competitive, but now I'd probably go with Noctua exclusively. Still don't like that brown color they use, maybe you know why they use it, but oh well.

Stick with intel-nvidia, amd has issues with emulation.

Are you seriously implying a fucking SEVEN HUNDRED EURO PC wouldn't have been fucking overdoing it in any era? When the fuck did you first start to play PC games?

I'm scared of leakage, but mineral oil doesn't hurt it, right?

Ark survival evolved

Closed loop coolers are filled with water and a glycol based antifreeze. They like to leak around the cpu block, I've seen the hoses pop right off from there, too. Those things are a ticking time bomb, and a noctua air cooler does just as well in terms of cooling with almost perfect reliability.

Either you're shitposting or your temperature sensors are bugged.
If your PC components are genuinely cooler than ambient temperature, you will get condensation and they will short circuit. It's WORSE than overheating them.