Hey Holla Forums, there is way too much crossposting and generals lately...

Hey Holla Forums, there is way too much crossposting and generals lately, so here's a thread on what games I have been playing lately and my thoughts.
Just as good as I remember it when i played it several years ago, except now it doesnt slow down to 4 frames per hour.
Not nearly as cancerous as 4, great artwork and style, so far a 7/10 for me, its holding my attention.
This game should have ended exactly one level after the angels attacked and Klaus was the bad guy. I know I'm close to the end but christ the battle system takes way too long and I'm losing patience.
A pitiful excuse for a game I got at an estate sale (The guy died probably from playing this game). Shits on the legacy that is Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei and the story is more pop idol shit that is getting way too old fast. More harem bullshit and I already know you probably can't dick any of the girls.
Holy shit how have I not played these games before, they are fantastic. Did Gust hire some autist to do the number crunching in this game to make the economy work the way it does? My Vita is seeing more use than the rest of my shit because of this game.

What are you playing Holla Forums? I've had a bit too much free time on my hands so I finally decided to actually play some vidya. OP pics unrelated

Finishing my seventh kicktrought of Dark Messiah.
God fucking damn, I love this fucking game, its just needed more varied locations and less fucking Ghouls.

user, how do you have time to play video games?

>>>/out/

Don't reply. Report.

Talked to death at this point. I 100% it twice so there's that.

Pretty underwhelming considered its amazing presentation. You would think that your guy with stats twice as better than the opponent would win, but no get fucked because I have no idea. After sever hours of frustration I dropped it.

Again a game with magnificent visuals and music, but straight not fun gameplay. It's more of a puzzle game than an action. I played through a few missions, tried sever control schemes, but it never "clicked".

Emulated it and was amazed by how much undeserved hate it got simply because of shitty localization. With undub/uncensor patch fixing most of its faults and at much higher internal resolution game is one of the best JPRGs with non turn-based combat I've played in years.

A mobile shit I download just because it looked cool. After like 10 hours I still have no idea how exactly game plays, as it does everything itself and I just watch stiffly animated cardboard puppets fighting each other. I think I'll just delete it.

Well mmos are inherently shit, what else is new. Nothing could hold my attention for longer than a couple of hours.

Yet another good looking and sounding game that is flat out boring and unengaging.

As an average wageslave I have around 4 hours a day and a whole weekend each week. What do you spend your time on?

Borrowed this game from a friend years ago. Took me awhile to get into but then i realized the game becomes super fun after you start using the cheesy shit.

I am in a period in my life where I have lots of spare time. I graduated with an IT degree 2 years ago and got an easy job doing server management at a large company making good money. As of right now I only have to go in 2 days a week and can access all the servers from home.

But thats besides the point, what games are you playing user?

Been playing through .hack//IMOQ lately. Currently on what I am guessing to be the finale of Outbreak ("Operation: Breakwater"), but I can't say for sure. Rolling in gold from data-draining enemies (though buying spell scrolls eats a huge chunk of that with every batch at 1000 pr scroll) , my main wavemasters from prior games have generally been unavilable the whole fucking game (Elk apparently being depressed and not logging in much, and Mistral's AFK for the foreseeable future on account of giving birth, which is actually kind of good reasoning for NOT playing a game that can put people into comas), but thankfully Wiseman has turned out to be a surprisingly likable character, once you get past the whole "tried to send you on an errand that would be impossible for anyone but you" thing. Lios is a dick, but is gradually lightening up, and I still need to see about investigating if I can (apparently; going off ingame forum posts) remove Sora from where he was apparently crucified on Skeith's wand, from way back in .hack//Sign (you get notification about it soon after the game opens, but the area's recommended level is 70 and you're about level 50 at that point).

On that note, fuck those few dungeons thus far where the sheer bulk of enemies are data bugs. I wish I knew if each room with a portal that can spawn enemies has a scripted result for the set of monsters/chest in those, but I don't, so in effect it leaves me feeling those essentially come down to careful exploration of the dungeons and pure fucking luck, and very frustrated as a result.
Ergo, fuck Σ [Generous Bemused Virgin] and its ilk. It gets really fucking tense finishing that dungeon with your meter bright orange and a bit of fucking RED showing up on it, all while a "WARNING" sign flashes, and knowing just one or two more battles (instead of a few chests spawning) would have ended you and set you back an hour, potentially two, of progress. Granted, you can Ocarina out of a dungeon, head to town, and save, but that means going back through that sort of shithole all over again. And I'm not even going to get start on how one of your two additional party members is maximum deadweight that whole dungeon. At least I can now use that keyword to generate lewd sounding fields/dungeons, like [Dripping Corrupted Virgin].

I am also still mad about the game tossing you into a boss fight against Cubia with NO proper casters in the party. If I didn't have a decent supply of magic scrolls to cast with, that fight would have straight up fucked me.

Yeah, I'm still going to hold off on ever playing XCX unless it gets an unfuck patch for the script itself (and hopefully one that works in conjunction with the others as well). Fuck's sake, it should not come down to fans to make sure a game sees a proper English option when a game actually did come over, yet some companies keep proving that notion wrong.

Tried it, hated it. Only decent mobile shit game I have played is the fire emblem one because the core mechanics are mostly unchanged, good toilet game

Are the .hack games easily emulatable? I have never played them and know nearly nothing about them. Reading your post makes them seem interesting.

Oh right I also played like 20 minutes of Moonfall.
It was fucking shit, animations were same deal as Dragon Blaze but supposedly beat em up.

If you really think that somebody would bother to plow through fully functional translation just to remove some shitty outdated jokes and memes, then you're delusional.
It's kinda weird really, a lot of jap games, most of them even, get shitty translation full of memes, but people usually shrug it off as a price for not knowing moon, yet when it comes to XBX everyone gets super strict and aggressive.
I mean there isn't a single Xeno game with good translation to begin with.

Finally got around to playing it after it was on sale, single player was alright although GTASA is still superior, Online is a grindfest with nothing else to do besides grinding for money
It's just Dynasty warriors but more fast passed and more combos, although I hate fighting offerers in red zones they just don't react to getting hit and chain stun you.
Decent MonHun clones, much more fast based but less strategic and the weapons really need an overhaul.

The only game I've been able to play after work is FFX. I'm finally cheesing all the superbosses, it's alright.
I do want to die, though.

I think GTA4 might be my favorite solely based on the mod support. Its honestly incredible how well that game runs with super texture and realism mods. Also you play Fate/Extella? Its honestly been my favorite Warriors type game to come out.
Muh nigga I fucking love that game. God fap material too.

This game is, withough question, one of the best things Nippon had ever produced. It's like the content is fucking infinite; I find new shit every time I play it.

I finally managed to get a copy that wasn't stupidly expensive. For the first time in years I've been actually able to use the GBA link feature and transfer my character from Advance Tour. It's fucking perfect and makes me said that nintendo ruined the mario sports series.
They fixed all my problems with the first games, polished everything and went off and did it's own thing instead of being a monster hunter clone which works out perfectly. Really hope it eventually gets a Kiwami version or a sequel, because it's on the verge of being better than the monster hunter games. I didn't even bother pirating MHXX because Toukiden 2.
the 2.0 patch opened up so many characters to me that I'm struggling to find a main team to go with, also a bunch of my friends finally gave up SFV to move to it so I've been sparing with them in the online training mode to help em get into the game faster.

The only modern ones that are pretty shitty are the original version of Rorona (Rorona+ fixes all the problems) and Sophie (Okay at best, very underwhelming compared to the rest of the series).
Totori+, E&L+ and Firis are the best ones imo

Have you played VI ? that one's really good too, sadly it lacks best girl

Oh boy because there isn't enough blogposting either :^)

Replaying for Platinums, six down, twelve to go. Guess that money on a Wii U Pro controller specifically for Bayo 1/2 was wasted.

I didn't particularly care for P3 or P4, but I have enjoyed SMT games in the past and P5 isn't all that bad. It's nice to take a break from it every once in a while with Bayonetta and play a real video game instead.

I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if I could play it in fullscreen and without relying on archaic versions of Java. Might try it in a virtual machine.

How does that shirt stay on?

the power of animu

I have not. I'll give it a try

Also fine taste, although I've liked almost all the characters in the game except for the bitch in the pic. Fuck her, she got what she deserved

According to PCSX2's compatibility list, all the PS2 games are playable, though that in and of itself doesn't say how hard the are to run, or errors that might happen/workarounds to bypass them. You may want to check the PCSX2 wiki for specifics, though you may/may not risk potential spoilers if such. I've been playing them via loader on my PS2, with them installed on a drive. Infection and Mutation worked with OPL 0.9.1 with some voicing issues (only the actual CG cutscene voicing would play, leaving combat sound effect only and most non CG cutscenes with muted characters), but Outbreak I couldn't progress in due to freezing. Switching to OPL 0.9.3, the game plays just fine, and even the rest o the voicing is functional. As a side note, I tried using HDL initially and the game would always crash just trying to load The World, thus I couldn't actually play with it beyond the ALTIMIT interface (emails, news blotter, etc)

Anyhow, the games are indeed interesting (at least up to where I am in the series; aiming to play G.U. after I finish IMOQ), and playing them digitally via emulation or loader will save you a bunch of money on experiencing them. Plus, playing them after the fact of their release means you weren't subject to three months of blue balls between each individual entry (IMOQ is basically one game split into four releases: Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine). However, it should be noted that the games are repetitive (they're basically single player MMOs; that's not an insult either, that is EXACTLY what they are meant to be), The World itself is rather boring (IE: the actual MMO being simulated; what is interesting is how the game continues to deteriorate and affect the real world, and Kite and co's not-so-legal efforts to fix things), and for an action JRPG you sure do spend a lot of time in the menu due to not having the option to map skills to the controller (I hear that got remedied with the games after IMOQ). The pacing also has some issues: Being one game split into four, you naturally don't find all the bosses or experience all the content in a single game, but Data Bugs aside (think glitched normal enemies that under ordinary circumstances could not be bested without Data Drain to absorb the corrupted data and forcibly overwrite it), Infection itself only has ONE main story boss (two altogether, counting the bonus dungeon boss. Mutation on gets a bit better as to boss fights (and thankfully none thus far in my experiences have been as broken as the one in Infection, but he has actual meta reasoning to be so ridiculously strong), but it's still about three per game by my estimates, one of which being a recurring boss I've fought in both Mutation and Outbreak thus far, and expect to fight yet again in Quarantine. Quarantine itself might have the most bosses in the series; by my calculations from the game lore's "Epitaph of Twilight", I'm probably going to have at least four bosses there, maybe more.

Another thing to keep in mind with .hack is that as a series it is heavily multimedia, and was intended as such from the start. Probably one of the few successful attempts at such. However, this means that while Infection is the first game in the series, it is not the first work chronologically, and the universe tended to build on itself. That said, as far as predecessors go, .hack//Sign (an anime) seems to have the most relation to the first set of games, being a prequel. The games don't necessarily expect you to watch Sign first (though cameos of prior characters and callbacks to the events in the past do have more meaning and foreshadowing if you watch it), but the anime sure as FUCK expects you to get invested in the games after it. It's also a bit of a strange show: For an anime based on an MMO setting, there's not very much actual combat. Instead, the writer actually understood that a lot of time in MMOs is just spent in character-to-character interaction, resulting in a series that is very dialogue and character driven, but without a huge amount of action until it starts wrapping up. It's not for everyone, but I do feel I gained a good bit in watching it first before playing the games set after it. Also has a really damn good soundtrack regardless of what you think of the rest of the show (an OST which Victor Entertainment does their best to prevent those living in the US from listening to on jewtube). Here's a sample.

I really want to move to Escha and Logy now. I've been playing Ayesha, which is kind of a good game despite Ayesha herself and the fucking english dub. The story is borderline interesting and there are at least 3 characters that I care about (Bell, Keith and Harry). E&L seems like an improvent in terms of MC, combat and jap dubs.

I don't want to fucking pirate it, but I also don't have disposable money at the moment after blowing it on Automata. Fucking fuck.

Is toukiden 2 really that good or you're just hatin on MH?
Because from videos that I watched it has pretty passive enemies, that barely react on you hitting their weak spots and not doing much in general.

Wow that a lot of text tripple man. Tell me about hack's combat, is it standard JRPG turn-based business or something else? I never played a hack game, but only watched that one old anime, which I found pretty boring.

Yeah, I figured after posting it might have gotten to be tl;dr tier.

It's real-time with up to three party members at once (you wind up with quite a large friend list to draw from, though some fields have required party members the first time you go there. Battles take place in the same area as exploring; on the actual field, you can run around more mid battle (at the risk of aggroing more portals to spew out enemies), while in dungeons you're sealed in the room until you clear all the monsters in it (or open the chest, depending on what the portal spawns). Allies are AI controlled, though admittedly the actual intelligence isn't the best. The player gets some varying degrees of control of them though, as the player can select options in the menu and their character will shout instructions to his allies. If an enemy is immune to physical damage, calling the rest of the party to use spells is a good idea. What I meant in regard to "menu" is just that you'll spend a fair amount of time in there just on your own as the player: the main downside for combat is that only regular attacks are mapped to the controller in IMOQ: Triangle opens your own personal menu, while Square opens the party command menu (I'm admittedly not sure of what, if anything O does at this point during combat). So any time you want to use something other than regular attack (which is NOT "auto attack" style; you have to be proactive), you have to go into the menu. Thankfully, Data bugs and actual bosses aside, most groups of enemies drop rather fast if you know what you'e doing, though some combinations can be challenging. Skills are also oddly not tied to the character or even necessarily the class (only melee weapon skills are, as they are specific to different types of weapon). Instead, your skills and spells are tethered to the armor you have equipped, so if you want find something that looks to be a decent upgrade in stats, you have to pay attention to what skills you might be losing in the process. Spells and skills also have ranges and radiuses for what they hit, and even against magically tolerant/immune enemies, know spell types and side effects can make a WORLD of difference even if those enemies take no damage from it.

I've heard that G.U. improved on the combat system a fair bit, but didn't exactly tweak the balance, thus some have noted in prior threads that G.U. tends to feel easier.

All in all though, the combat's not bad, but it's not as nuanced as I'd like. I do appreciate though that, while IMOQ does use the same general combat mechanics throughout, I have noticed minor tweaks between the games that are welcome. For example, giving the "First Aid" command to a character in Infection causes them to use it a single time outside of combat (while inside combat it prompts them to prioritize casting heals, dispell status effects, and rez dead players). Mutation on, telling them to heal the party outside of combat prompts them to chain cast it until the entire party is back in peak condition in health and status. I've also noticed other party members start to vocally keep tabs on their items, and will alert the player if they run out of something.

Just my own thoughts on it.

Pretty sure Ayesha PS3 has an undub patch, assuming you have a system capable of CFW. If not though, yeah, that one kind of got screwed up in the transition of Gusts' games from being brought west by NISA to being brought over by TK (who have a third party, Acttil or Actill, handle the scripts). As such, it took until the next game for TK to see fit to acquire the Japanese dub as well as do an English one, and Ayesha Plus for the Vita has dual audio natively.

The enemies in toukiden have different phases and two different "health" bars, how they react and attack is dependent if you broke down their "outer layer" or backed them into a corner.
At first they're always passive at the start of the battle, but they get more aggressive the more of a threat you become for them. If you use your abilities and weapons right you can hold them off from going into rage/panic. Also they get more attack patterns depending on if you fully destroy parts of their body. Generally the early game their more passive, once you get to the mid game they're more aggressive and then when you get to Toukiden's version of high rank they get more aggressive, less cooldown states and team up with other oni more.

TL:DR; Oni in toukiden don't work the same way as Monsters in Monster Hunter.

No I still think MHFU, MH3U and MH4U are better games, it's just more seeing the series become stagnant, designs becoming worse, not fixing the few problems the series has for years and every time the try to attempt something really new it falls straight on it's face. MHX left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not looking forward to MH5 if they keep trying to turn the main games into Frontier.

Are you memeing me faggot? There better be some actual info in there.

Who gives a fuck

One of them being you :^)

Make me.

I do

Oh, and to add on to this, I went ahead and checked PCSX2 wiki for as to the status of the games. First subseries (IMOQ) seems to be noted as having two main emulation issues throughout:
Random crashing, and shadowing problems. According the wiki, the former has been resolved with more recent builds ("Requires using microVU 0 and 1 as VU recompilers. Unknown if still needed but it is the default setting."), but with the latter it depends on the entry: For infection, it specifies "Use OpenGL with HW OGL Depth enabled." to fix the shadows, but with the later three games it states "Software mode (F9) shows them correctly." as a workaround for it.

I am sorry, I realize that is even more tl;dr up there, and wrote it as a stream of thought as it came to mind. And yeah, there's information there. Mostly recounting how things work in combat and my own thoughts as to the system.

I wouldn't say IMOQ is for everyone, but I've gotten rather used to its quirks at this point, utterly-fucked fields/dungeons full of Data Bugs aside (those are rightfully rage inducing the few times they've cropped up; thankfully the first two entries don't have them).

So ok sounds good enough, which hack game do I play? Are there any later stand alone titles, because I know release order and all that, but I aint getting into huge ass franchise where every games takes like 60 hours to complete.
I burned out of a bunch of franchises like that before, usually not getting to the best game.

I don't even have to. You're already here.

Blogposting seems to be the only way to get people to talk about a multitude of vidya nowadays. I don't like it either but its where I get a lot of new recommendations for vidya I have never thought of playing or heard about. Ended up playing Rance from one of these threads

Fuck does this game support netplay? That would be a great Holla Forums game night with a whole tournament and everything.

not sure, I haven't dicked around with dolphin much

Try streaming suicide.

Gives me a chance to maybe discuss what I've been playing lately when said games don't warrant their own thread at this point due to their age, and there's currently no better thread to try bringing them up in. And at least OP asked what others are currently playing through as well.

You're in luck: with IMOQ, they don't. Thus far each individual installment has been maybe 20-25 hours each (depending on how many virus cores I had at the ready for continuing to the next game) for me, and each entry in IMOQ follows up on the previous one almost immediately. I imagine G.U. does similar, but I can't speak on how many hours each of those are; haven't played them myself yet. As of now, I'm at I think the end of Outbreak, with maybe 60 hours invested over those three parts thus far. I would estimate that the entire one-lengthy-game-over-the-course-of-four-smaller-games ordeal might be 60-100 hours, depending on how much time you invest in it.

As far as standalone titles, as mentioned before, the .hack universe kind of builds on each other. However, the version of The World involved in the games varies from part to part. IMOQ uses what would later be known as "The World R:1", while .hack//G.U., set (I want to say) seven years later, uses another build, called "The World R:2". I think .hack//Link for the PSP uses yet another incarnation of the MMO, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. It's not in English yet anyhow (though fans are working on it). I want to hazard a guess that you could play G.U. without playing IMOQ and still enjoy it (though there are still recurring players/cameos to my knowledge, and G.U. itself has a prequel anime called .hack//Roots), especially if you want apparently more nuanced combat, but I've heard others say in comparison that IMOQ has the cozier world building, or something. I don't know, again, I'm not even done with the first subseries just yet, so take all this with a grain of salt. Maybe some other user can fill you in, or you might ask in a .hack/JRPG/PS2 thread at a later date.

And I forgot that I still had "do not bump" turned on in relation to when I was writing that first part. I need sleep.

Just like gimme one game title mister Wilde and I will fuck off.

It's a hell of a lot better than at release, I'll give it that, but it's still more fun to create races than to play them because of how much waiting is involved in actual gameplay.

Is it true that Stellaris is just Crusader Kings 2 in space? Had a friend at work tell me this

I've been playing Dungeon Crawl for the first time since 0.9.

You can always play Dom4 as MA Sceleria or Ermor and throw retarded amounts of skeletons around.

Grim Dawn Necromancer soon nigger

About six hours in and its fun as hell so far. It's feels great to get those Pure Platinum medals too bad I'm not very good and rarely get them. The battle music gets a bit repetitive and the cutscenes have frequent frame drops.
Like said, it's talked to death so. I'm about 11 hours into it though.
I play this when I don't know what else to do.
one of my favorite games. I've played it to death
and keep revisiting it.

That's about it. I'm trying to finish Bayo and NieR befoe starting anything else

what the fuck
WHAT THE FUCK
How long until they remove all the content and we're left with one class, one weapon and a single dungeon floor? All in name of the speedrunning community

WTF
WTF

I'll never understand how a development process can just devolve into "Just keep taking content away with every patch". What fucking plane of reality are they living on?

Late response, went to sleep after the last post I made. I guess start with the first part in either subseries depending on which incarnation sounds to be of more interest, so .hack Part 1: Infection, or .hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth. Game files on download sites are likely to be found under [d] as they tend to spell .hack out as "dot hack".

I have been testing games, seeing how good they run on my not so new computer…. then ended up playing a whole campaign of Victoria 2. Man that game is so addicting

I beat it the other day. I enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed Persona 4: Golden. Good game.
It's pretty great, I'm putting it on the backlog for a bit though, for…
Only just started this game, but after getting into an RPG groove after Persona 5 this is nice.
Small, nice game. Very focused on replayability. Definitely worth the 500 yen I paid for it on Switch.

>Yet another fight against Cubia.
Getting kind of sick of that not-so-little shit. Not sure he's a more obnoxious boss fight than Macha was immediately prior, though.

I've gotten myself back into a bad habit of not focusing on one specific game, but none of the games I've been playing lately have really hooked me. A few months ago, I was beating games nonstop, but after FFX, Crypt Worlds and the Sonic Adventures, I haven't been able to commit to anything.

Just touched it for the first time in weeks, but I didn't do much else then exit the Dom Ruins. I'm enjoying the game, but I just don't seem to have much motivation to play it. 8 hours in and the plot hasn't really gone anywhere yet, and I'm not sure I can take a full 40-hour experience.

Also enjoying it, I'm pretty impressed that they managed to fit a 3D KH game on the fucking DS of all things, though the gimped controls leave something to be desired.

Love it, but I'd love it more if I wasn't such a fucking retard. The atmosphere and mystery it presents is wonderful, but I had to check the answers to two different puzzles so far because of a misclick and my inability to figure out something super obvious respectively. I've been playing the PS1 version because I'd heard the original-ish version of the game doesn't like modern computers, but the load times are a pain in the ass.

Nigger I hav a physical copy and have no issue with it

That's just what I've heard. I got my hands on a digital version and it seems to run fine so far, but I haven't played a whole lot of it.

bad, shit controls = shit game.
half bad, throw weapon with e like what the fuck + recommend gamepad for a game clearly intended for a mouse(whatthefuck?)
half bad, too slow and only has good music and it ain't some sa2 kind of good
half bad, t00 sl0w. handhelds were a mistake
good, nice and hard.
good except nice autosaves and nice gimmick rooms, glad it's over with those rooms.

No one should be forced to watch trash like .hack/Roots.

Admittedly I haven't seen Roots just yet myself (trying to go through stuff in chronological order where feasible), so I'll have to see. I mean, .hack//Sign seems to be rather love it or hate it itself, and while I enjoyed it, I can see how others might find it really boring.

I bet you sleep every day you faggot.

Pretty good, but some total bullshit design ruins it. 7/10

It sounds like you have the fucking life, user. I'm going for an IT degree too, is it worth in the long run?

Yes it is. Something like 30% of the economy is IT related. Any liberal college trust fund kiddie that says millennial are suffering for jobs is full of shit. Most likely due to their shitty major.
My advice is when you go into IT, focus on one specific subject matter you like and push yourself towards that. When I was in college I focused on Linux systems and Red Hat based distros. Any fag can use Windows and you look so much better with extensive knowledge in Linux to any job that has to do with sys admin. I also lucked out being with a ton of people who are actually good when it comes to their job. Our director also isnt a moron and pushes the company forward tech wise. Its more expensive but its paying out that we have some of the fastest servers and website response times in the entire health care industry.

So yes its worth it. 85K salary and I can do most of my work from home. I come in two days a week for meetings. The only downside is I MUST be constantly on call, even on weekends, but because I don't work with literal retards there hasnt been an incident that needs all hands on a deck in over 5 years.

kek

you'll understand when you are out of high school

Considering my Dad only make 50k as a programmer I'd take 85k.
I have no clue how the old man got jewed as bad as he did, and he legally can't ask for raises because of a contract.

if hes a good programmer he can quit right now and get a better job somewhere else, unless his contract states he has to work where he is for a certain period of time

To keep the thread on top I just finished Stella Glow. The ending CGs for Hilda were nice but the overall game was ruined because every character is a fucking moron.

By 'no clue' I mean I have no clue how he thought it was a good idea at all. He went full retard once he hit 40. And he is looking for better jobs, but they all require degrees, which he doesn't have the money or time to get. F dad.
I played the intro to Stella Glow and fell asleep on accident, is it worth at all beyond waifus?

Tell your dad to get on Github and start uploading his work on there. Github actually means a lot. It shows someone having ability to do something.

I would say the game starts off slow, picks up, gets slow again, picks up hard, then has an underwhelming ending. Waifu's are nice and its basically a watered down SRPG if you like those kinds of games. If you hate it after the first 3 or so levels don't bother continuing.
Also pic related is the next game I'm playing on 3DS and is the most waifuism game i've played since Dungeon Travlers 2

Ah fuck, I remember that overpowered thing from Sign. Sure seems like Tsukasa never regained control of it, and to be honest, I'm surprised they're even beatable without draining them. Then again, they almost seem MORE dangerous when drained, as that frees the bracelet within its gelatinous body and apparently the ooze around is a limiter of sorts (hell, there's even a MASSIVE gulf in difference as far as EXP goes: while EXP flucuates based on the character's level, while The Guardian itself gives 80 EXP per kill right now, The Bracelet gives a whopping 520, which is enough where the whole party will get a level up every two killed). With both The Guardian and The Bracelet having such high health, I am really glad both are susceptible to Death proc. Makes attempting to farm them a lot less risky.