Explosives Thread

Aiming is overrated.

Let's talk about games with good explosives.

Bonus points

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/members/gunship-mk-ii
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TF2

The Loch n Load was godtier for instagibbing multiple enemies before Valve nerfed it. Now stock pill launcher is really the only viable primary.

They nerfed stickies too. TF2 and SS are the only franchises that do explosions+gibs well. Red Faction guerilla has blasting caps and stuff flew all I guess but it wasn't that cool.

I thought they reverted that nerf.

RF:G is honestly pretty fun since you can set off multiple charges for dat controlled demolition. Also the super hammer cheat.

Am I browsing Reddit

Go play F.E.A.R and EDF OP

No they didn't you retard, that nerf got reverted by idiots like you.

This

EDF has AMAZING explosive weapons, especially the grenade launchers. 10/10 taste in explosions.

Some RTS/RTT suggestions
-Total WaWa
-Company of Heroes
-C&C Generals
-World in Conflict
-Men of War
Full of explosion goodness

Explosions are only as good as the level of destruction they cause. Red Faction Guerilla had a super satisfying building destruction system. Not only is every part able to be blown to shreds, but it also does neat stuff like merely compromising the structural integrity will cause the building to creak and moan, windows will shatter by themselves as the stress begins to take its toll, and often it will eventually collapse outright. Good stuff. The timed destruction challenges that give you limited destructive resources to topple a building are super fun too, as you have to think fast about how to use what you have most effectively.

The tonkor zarr in warframe is pretty fun. There's a lot of explosive weapons that kick ass in it.

Forgot the embed

Explosives were pretty brutal in Bad Company 2. Running around like a madman with an RPG felt broken as hell. Also, B on Laguna Presa was perfect to litter with C4 with the help of the Ammo Pack. Small enough to cover most of the spots people would take cover at while trying to capture, and likely wipe whoever was there the second objective starts blinking. Assuming they don't catch on and try to bait the detonation, but then you just have to wait until you're sure they're trying to capture it. Only safe spot for them was the middle of the hill out in the open, where it would be too obvious to plant C4, but that only made sure you knew where they were when coming to check on it.

Just had to be nearby and fast enough for those that would know not to hide by the rocks/wall, bait the explosion, then immediately hide where the C4 was detonated. Or make sure that they don't circle around the hill trying to find you and kill you first before trying to capture.

Going to second EDF here.

X-COM UFO Defense for blowing up barns

C4 in every Battlefield game since 2 has been great fun. Especially jihad jeeping.

E

who even plays that garbage anymore?

Reddit

I'd toss company of heroes in there. Using Railway Arty or Sturmtiger in CoH2 is always neat

I actually agree, sometimes it feels detrimental to the gameplay.
Would it be possible to do a game with auto aiming aka doom style with now days tech?
How would people react to it?

A bullet hell FPS game with lock-on mechanics? Where there are so many enemies moving at such high speed that it would be to difficult to manually aim?

Such a fun game, plenty of good explosives for all factions.

it would be a game without guns

A game that relies more on ambush tactics than run-and-gun style FPS's. Like, you have to set explosive traps, set up machine gun nests to spray wildly at incoming enemies etc. Some kind of defensive FPS. Don't really know how it would work over several hours of gameplay though.

You mean TFC.

The Iron Bomber isn't bad either, much more accurate than stock.

There's still some good people who just play on community servers, and a fair amount of mostly shit players who use valve servers and the god awful matchmaking system.

To this day I still wish this music could physically manifest itself so that I could fuck it.

Yes they did you faggot, the previous nerf was fucking horrible, the new one is fine.

I liked the ways you could use explosives in Terra Nova.

shut up hipster
tfc sucks

The best.

i like sticky bombs

DOOM 1&2.

There's that one guy who makes absolutely over the top explosions in everything he makes.

D

This nigga gets it. Seconding F.E.A.R., even though modded online is pretty fucking dead nowadays

The grenade launcher in TimeSplitters 2 was pretty fun. Primary fire launches a explosive that splits each time it bounces and than explodes after a few seconds while secondary is a incendiary shell.

AK-47's had a grenades for secondary fire while the plasma autorifle secondary fire had sticky plasma rounds that could stick to anything. (This gun always seemed like a combination to homage Halo's plasma rifle and sticky plasma grenades in one weapon while being even more powerful)

someone should remake this with trump

(insert Syria threating to bomb (((Greatest ally))) with scud missiles)
(USA with the recently used MOAB)
(insert syria and trump's 59 tomahawks)

Well i really liked the C4 in Crysis 1. In the multiplayer mode 2 packs of C4 and a pistol was one of the cheapest loadouts, then you could find a small ute or car in the map, apply the 2 packs of C4 to the front and attempt to ram it towards a tank or other enemy vehicle, diving out then detonating the C4.
It was really fun.

Lost planet 2 has nice explosives. Mine favorites ones are the SP rocket launcher and the grenade that acts like mini nuke. The mechs have good variety explosive weapons.

Thanks for the bump

Jaws has some pretty good explosions
GTA as well

Fuck, forgot embed

Michael Bay?

Nope
moddb.com/members/gunship-mk-ii

F

The grenade launcher from the hl2 mod Eternal Silence was memorable. The game was fun in its hay-day think SW Battlefront 2, but better too bad its dead now (like most mods).

Just mod it yourself, it's one of the easiest (and most fun) games to mod anyway. Plus, if you have the Zero Hour expansion, the USA faction gets an actual MOAB generals power anyway.

Haven't played it but there is a Syrian Warfare RTS.

Once you get the grenade launchers and cluster bombs, you can level the explosive skill up quickly and create some huge explosions.