Nintendo has confirmed that the NES Classic Edition has been officially discontinued

From mynintendonews.com/2017/04/13/nintendo-has-discontinued-the-nes-classic-edition/

Thoughts/opnions/shitposts?

inb4 "use archive.is" I don't give a fuck. If you're so autistic that you cannot stand to give a fucking nickel to a website in ad revenue, you can archive the damn link yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/qxrmZ
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES
redditsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES
archive.is/qxrmZ
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

scalp em while you can bois, also they aren't worth owning - emulation is shit, original hardware is better.

They only made like 8 of the fucking things.
Can they really call it "discontinued"

Great marketing gimmick but that is about it, they'll probably release one down the line with a different set of games, do it every holiday season, ez

Well that sucks, the things are getting scalped like theres no tomorrow.

Why stop selling something that is in demand (from normalfags)?

Why would you announce that?

Fuck off, shill

Y'know, archiving the page would've taken less effort than writing out that big complaint about how much effort it takes.

Who could be behind this post?

Probably too much of a hassle to keep producing a gimped emulation box when they're already balls deep into Switch production. This probably means Nintendo intends to announce VC for Switch soon, perhaps at E3, so they don't want the Classic to interfere with that.

The NES classic achieved its purpose, to put Nintendo back in the mind of the brainless normalfag who reads Buzzfeed and Kotaku articles. No reason to keep it alive at this point, especially when you can get a 2DS for the same price.

They're going to continue producing them but 'scalping' them online for the foreseeable future at mightily inflated prices. Why sell them for $60 when you can sell them for several hundred.

wow, that was fast.

Oh no how devastating

>Better get 'em while you still can goys! Hurry, before they're all gone! bls buy some ;_;

inb4 "use archive.is" I don't give a fuck. If you're so autistic that you cannot stand to give a fucking nickel to a website in ad revenue, you can archive the damn link yourself.
Hmmmmm

At least a new angle, yet still too easy to see though.

i have mild expectations to see a super nintendo classic. other than that i generally prefer emulation and romhacks so im completely uninterested in them other than as a cute looking novelty. i cant afford novelties.

so what did mynintendonews do to offend you so? i dont see anything in the article that leads me to believe it has any sort of political agenda behind it.

Is Sega still having those Genesis plug-n'-play consoles continue to be produced?

Thread was over before it started.

And no it's not the principle of the thing when there's no reason to archive this particular article for any reason

Who cares, just emulate them on PC.

You are a massive fagot, here I will do, what you couldn't.
archive.is/qxrmZ

I remember hearing it's easy to flash new games onto it, but might as well pick up a RaspPi and a controller or a garage sale NES and flashcart if you'd go that far. Either way it's not meant for people who know or care about emulation.

What an awful product.
Sometimes I honestly get the impression Nintedo is run by a bunch of drunkards throwing darts at a wall covered in sticky notes.

There is literally no reason not to archive a link. It takes less than a minute of your time. You archive everything so we don't have to put up with any bullshit the website loads - the lack of ad revenue is a thin layer of icing, not the reason itself.

What is with this recent anti-archive shitposting? This is the third time I've seen someone protest archive links in as many days.

Thanks famalamaroni.

im pretty sure nintendos higher ups have as many people trying to destroy it as they have trying to be nintendo

I'm against the autism surrounding archive links because I remember when a site was actually checked out and peeled apart before an archive was made to see if it was necessary or not instead of just kicking until one is provided. It's like the youtube links, even the rule about it claims " if the video is monetized" and yet we've completely forgotten why certain videos were made into mp4s or webm'd and now think Holla Forums just needs to be a general Youtube replacement.

mynintendonews.com shill please

It's more than just the ads.

I can understand how the whining would start to get annoying, but I think it's seen as a necessity because of how google tracks what you've looked at, and doles out "things that might interest you" instead of giving you a clean search free of preferences. There's also the possible contribution to the perceived popularity of something because you made the fatal mistake of clicking a link to an article.

Like pirating, people just want to look at something without giving it attention and money it may not deserve.

You forgot the additional descriptor
and maybe

If awful products make you literally shit money, as an exec I would want more awful products.

Get out.

b-but its not fair they used marketing to help it sell and they only made like 10 of the things

hivemind
they're right tho

I know you hate having nothing but niggers around you all the time, but c'mon

This confirms to me that we're being raided. Beyond the shadow of a fucking doubt, who but a jew would call somebody out for participating in a consumer boycott.

Just use an emu and join the PC master race already.

In the time it took to type about people who ask for an archive link you could have just made an archive link.

To be clear, I mean the OP is a fucking kike who's refusing to archive.

They're hysterical enough when they're squirming and running. I can only imagine how much fun they will be to watch when they're burning.

Nintendo could probably package Bill Trinen's fingernail clippings in capsules and sell out of them. I want them to do things that are best for me as a customer, not just what makes them the most raw money. That kind of thinking leads to bad game design, amiibo, microtransactions, and even worse things I can't fathom.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid nintendo can be.
lets make a shitty emulator for the public drones eat it up oh people loved this lets stop selling them everywhere cept america heard this about a week ago OH lets stop selling it for good now.

I never said the item was inventive, useful, or significant in any way, but you should be aware that they are operating in a fucking capitalist economy, and that by offering a "good" which sells like fucking wildfire that by definition it is a successful product.

I want the whole world to do everything I want it to, too, I'm just not going to bitch about it.

As soon as the hype surrounding it dies, they cut off the supply.

This creates another massive wave of free press at the crest of which they will be able to announce their other goods and services.

First they spent 10 bucks manufacturing something that brought them 50 bucks in profit. Now they spent .00000001 cents for something that brought them millions of dollars in coverage. What total idiots.

Ah, I see, you must have gotten lost looking for your regular haunts.
Sure, but there's more than one way to make money and PR isn't worth nothing. This device has lowered my already dim view of Nintendo's policies, and I guarantee you it's probably pushed a few normalfags over the brink from reluctantly buying Nintendo games to researching CEMU and CFW. Artificial scarcity is good for the bottom line, no doubt, but if this were something I wanted for a gift then I'd feel angry when Gamestop told me they were out of stock and Nintendo won't print anymore.

What a shitty strawman. There's no reason Nintendo has to focus on gimmicky crap like Fire Emblem mobile games and emulators with 30 games on them instead of making good games which make modest profits. They're large enough to support ventures like that, and their ceaseless pursuit of the capricious mass market cost them dearly with the Wii U.

I'd be more upset, but the wii u is basically over and the switch doesn't have wii accessory ports, so really the system and more importantly the controllers going out of production means jack shit.

Nintendo has got to be one of the most poorly managed and tonedeaf businesses on the fucking planet. The only reason they're still afloat is because of their namesake and past glory.

the Wii was like the fucking millennium kingdom compared to recent vidya fads.

literally who fucking cares

can i get the base sign image to extend upon it.
i'm mostly bored.

Why would somebody buy this when you can just emulate all the games on PC?

Also, I guess before Nintendo screws the emulation scene over. Anyone have those info pics of Holla Forums's recommended NES and SNES games.

Because it's not about playing, it's about displaying it on a shelf like an autist for ironic nerd cred.

They already tried that shit and failed miserably. It's never going to happen.
I personally don't recommend any. Most are awful, and the handful of non-awful ones received great remakes.
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES

POST YFW NINTENCUCKS

Kike detected

Couldn't be more wrong nigger
>redditsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES
kys

Post some non-awful NES games that didn't get better remakes.

archive.is/qxrmZ and OP, you are a gigantic cuckchan faggot, get the fuck out of here.

NINTENTARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I CAN PLAY EACH AND EVERY NES GAME FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer archive + full page screenshot, tbh.

Castevania 3
Language Point
Batman
Bkaster Master
Bionic Commando
Contra
Super C
Clash at Demonhead
Fire n Ice
Mr. Gimmick
Gargoyle's Quest 2
Little Samson
Megaman 1-6
Mighty Final Fight
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Moon Crystal
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2
Rad Racer
Sweet Home
Zelda 2

Sorry you're an underage nigger who's knowledge of NES games comes from the Angry Videocuck Nerd

Out of the handful of good games there, not single one of said good games didn't get a remake/sequel/spiritual successor that wasn't a straight upgrade.
NES was released in 85, fam. Unless you're 35+ you probably didn't play that shit as a kid.

So now you just moved the goalposts when you originally just said "remakes", great work
All of those that have remakes are shit, too different, or just straight ports with uneeded fluff and input lag.
I was a kid in the 90s and everyone had an NES lying around to play. You clearly never played one and just got your information from e-celeb cucks who can't play video games.

Go ahead and disprove each I posted as being shit on NES you cuck nigger

Apparently, Nintendo doesn't want our money.

They never wanted money to begin with.

If the story is irrelevant, and the core gameplay is the same, but better, I'd still roll all of those into "remakes" for shitty NES arcade ports.
Shit, and you say I'm reaching :^)
Was born in 88. All of my friends and I grew up with Genesis > SNES > Playstation. The only kid I knew who had an NES was an actual poorfag with a drunk slut of a single mother. You were either a poorfag, or you're in your 30s.
It's impossible to "disprove" one's highly specific personal taste. That would be like asking me to disprove your love of cock.

For less than the price of the NES classic you can:
1) Buy a RasPi Zero
2) Buy an HDMI cable
3) Buy a USB HUB
4) Buy a controller of your choice
5) Buy a flash drive of whatever size you choose
6) Install your choice of Linux distro (there's actually a few ready-to-go distros specifically for building custom emulation machines available for this step)
7) Transfer the ROMs/ISOs you want onto the memory card
8) Plug into your TV
9) Play.
10) Fun.

Honestly, this whole "emulation is shit, original hardware only plox" shit just sounds like something an ebay marketer would write. And wouldn't you now it, we had a thread earlier of a fucking scalper who was selling pre-used copies of games today. Trying to sell his wares on 8/v/. Best be believing in kikes, boys, they're among you, telling you how evil and bad emulation is and how you should only be buying original hardware at $100 here, and original cartridges at $95 there…

You know what problem emulation has that original hardware doesn't? When it comes to the NES, not a single fucking problem. There's no more delay in an emulator than there is in the fucking composite or coaxial outputs of your console(s). Don't be grifted.

If you wanna get your nostalgia fed back to you at $80 per game, go for it, but for the same price as an NES classic you could buy an SBC with any needed accessories and play not only NES, but SNES, Genesis, Master System, Playstation, N64, etc games for the same price as you would pay to play 30 fucking games on the NCE.

The only thing of interest in regards to the NCE was the controllers, which were supposed to be $10 a piece, too bad scalpers have made them $70 a piece. Stick it to the jews on ebay, and emulate. Fuck the nostalgia tax.

You forgot most of the people in this planet aren't smarter than chimps.

you're half-right. never, ever pay more than $20 on ebay for a game you really loved, but really if you absolutely positively must play on the original hardware just suck it up and buy an everdrive or something. as someone who took the bait quite a few years ago and started trying to rebuild my old collection (only to find that I will literally never, ever have another copy of EVO or Street Fighter II for a price that i can justify) i desperately wish i had never started this nightmare project, since i can't bear to sell the games i do have and god knows i have zero interest in going any further

Theyre normalfags user. Anything more complex than "you do it for me" is too complicated for them

I don't care for your shit flinging fest with the other retard, but I am going to pick your brain on this. Franchise games are not inherently "remakes." There's no "remake" of Castlevania III, no remake of Contra or Super C, etc.

And while there are games that got ports of a kind in one way or another, there's a lot of games that just didn't. And even games which got remakes/ports don't inherently mean they're better games than their originals. If that were the case, people would have nothing but nice things to say about reboots and remakes, but that hardly ever happens.

If you mean for the SNES, I have a copy of that, and honestly I'd just give it to you. I have a bunch of old cartridges and shit from my old classic games collection from when I still had the original hardware as a kid, and I still have the cartridges.

I had a copy of FF5, but I ended up "leaving it" with my friend. He says "if I ever want it back, just come get it," but honestly I'd rather it see a good home, and he's got an extensive games collection already.

It's not about the fucking games themselves you emunigger, it's about the EXPERIENCE. Blowing in the cartridges, pressing them firmly into the slot, and then powering on the console is an almost spiritual experience.

Emucucks are literally the niggers of gaming. :^)

I'd argue that the games that didn't get ports were shit to begin with. Nearly every title on the NES was created around the arcade design philosophy of masking the complete lack of content with inflated difficulty, and that's a really shit way of making games.

Also after typing out what I wrote, I looked it up on ebay and there's a seller who is selling copies of SF2 for $12 a piece buy it now, $4 for shipping. Are you telling me $16 is too much?

holy dick you're right. why did i think it was so expensive? best collectorfag story: i bought a copy of Shadowun SNES from some guy in Tennessee for six dollars Canadian, expecting some beat-up piece of shit but i don't care because i genuinely want to play these. that motherfucker sent the game, the manual, the promotional poster they included, the fucking nintendo power subscription card, and even a replacement plastic box with a note that said "sorry the box is such a mess, here's a new one". there is still hope for man

Consider the size of the EPROMs back then, it's not like they could have packed a Chrono Trigger type game onto that fucking cartridge. Final Fantasy games are considered to be a massive fucking accomplishment, and people who still write games or have written games for the NES all agree that what they did to accomplish it was one ugly hack job.

Nowadays we think nothing of packing 80 gb onto a dual layer blu-ray disc, or doing a 60gb digital download for the latest and greatest games, but back then they had to deal with some shit. Some projects were simply too ambitious for the hardware. Doom looked awful on the SNES because in the end John Carmack had to compromise the fucking texture budget to fit the game onto those memory chips.

So making a 30 minute game seem like a 300 hour game by making them hard as shit and giving them mechanics that constantly forced you to restart, that was a thing that was kind of needed. At the same time, games nowadays feel TOO EASY because there's no stakes. You can fuck up and die and restart from the beginning of the last checkpoint forever with no consequences nowadays, back then you had to develop skills and learn to be good.

RIP

I agree with literally everything you posted, I just think that said design philosophy doesn't hold up at all today when you remove the nostalgia angle.

I beg to differ. I can download every single NES and SNES game and play them perfectly on load. You have a shit computer if you can't run shit like that, and I have a laptop.

Yeah that's fair. I think what would be a good compromise is if there was games that came out with something that towed the line between hardcore (permadeath) and old game design. Like have a "classic video game" difficulty with limited lives/continues, maybe tie in achievements (m-muh cheevos) to completing the game on said difficulty or something, I dunno. I'm just spitballing some ideas here.

But yeah, old design doesn't hold up with today's games. People said that Duke Nukem Forever was a perfect example that proved that, which I think is a bit unfair to old games because it wasn't really "old games design" at play there at all. We didn't have fucking QTEs back in 1996, games didn't force you to sit in a room and kill every last enemy before you could progress in Duke Nukem 3D. Imagine a Mario game where to progress you always had to kill every last enemy in an area.

Changing definitions is not an argument.
So why were you earlier making generalizations about all those games I posted having better remakes?
Because you are.
Not an argument. You're clearly underage, no one approaching 30 is this fucking stupid.

Prove the games I posted have better ports/remakes you nigger. Going WAAAAAAAAH THEYRE OLD AND THERE ARE SEQUELS is not an argument.

That's because you suck at video games like your mom does on my cock.

You're giving that retarded casual too much credit.
Git gud. Just because NES don't have tutorials and QTEs is not a reason to discredit them as games that are still playable.
Kill yourself.

Get in here faggot, I'm waiting.

I don't have a problem with checkpointing at the beginning of the level, as long as the level is sufficiently difficult. Super Meatboy does a great job of mixing classic difficulty with modern design.

Clarifying/refining the definition is.
Because that is my opinion.
Heheh.
Prove they don't :^)
Not An Argument

This is your last (You), bait-kun. Use it in good health.

No, you moved the goalposts and are changing the definition, faggot
But you were so fucking sure NES games are shit and have better remakes out there. You're just goalpost moving, again. Prove the examples I posted are better played elsewhere you chickenshit.
Burden of proof is on (you). You made the accusation, I posted examples, now it's your turn to prove me wrong.
I think you've made it abundantly clear you can't play games.
Thanks for showing that you have no argument, and that you've been bested like your mom when I bring her over.

Normalfags are strange.

I already pretty much said this, although with less heckling.

I never wanted an overpriced emulation box to begin with, but seriously, what the fuck is Nintendo thinking? Why would you stop making something that prints money like this?

The costs to make one look good and function decently as a living room emulator are surprisingly high. A base unit is $25 plus shipping, a case ranges from $5 (hobbyist building a beowulf printer server) to $25 (not good functionally, but has aesthetic), $5 for a MicroSD if you didn't purchase one with the OS pre-installed, and the time spent burning the OS img to the card and configuring the system. You also want to get a fan for it since those things get surprisingly hot.

The sell is the convenience of just being able to purchase one of these things, plug it in, and play the games. You could make a killing selling RPi units pre-configured for emulation if you made it convenient for the end-user.

What???

Next you're going to tell me the Ouya was discontinued!!

They really hate making money. It's like they go out of their way not to make money.

k

I want you to go to this website and test yourself.
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

They don't even matter to most enthusiasts.

Emulation is cycle accurate until fifth gen. CRTs are nice for the look, but you can get perfectly adequate results with a shader and a good LCD- or even just use a CRT with your emulator. Lag is a meme used as a fallback excuse when the above arguments have been dismissed.

If you collect hardware because you think it's superior to emulation, you're a moron.

lmao

NES Classic is a stocking stuffer you get for your grandfather or for your shit-smeared kid who doesn't know or care about emulation

I don't give a shit about the NES Classic. You staked out a position as a hardwarecuck and stated your objectively false opinion that emulation is strictly inferior to hardware, so that's what I'm responding to.

Still waiting on that benchmark tbh.

Give it a year, and they'll have an SNES mini.

Just look at the most popular stuff in any entertainment industry, they're all shit. Movies, music, games, books, you name it.

I bought and resold a dozen of these during the holiday season. I should of kept a few.

God damnit!

Spoken like a true poorfag.

Get a job, NEET.

Jesus Christ they are selling for 200-400 dollars on EBay. God fucking damnit!

Yeah yfw nintencucks boI the swithc is a total flop!!! Who /sonymasterrace/ here ?

Like fucking clockwork

NIGGER PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME YOU SERIOUSLY DO THIS!!!
If a cartridge isn't working clean it with a cue tip and alcohol, not your fucking spitty breath. Games are ruined by shit like that. If it still doesn't read after cleaning then just reinsert because depending on the system (NES, looking at you, that's why I just leave my everdrive in all the time) the connectors may need cleaning (which can be done as well).

shit nigga i used to play my super nintendo cartridges like a harmonica when that shit didn't read
guess thats probably why most of the games died one by one :^)

Honestly that's why most cartridges died. That's why this shit is rare now, that and other little incidents over the years. It's why even mass produced and common games are now getting rare and because myths like "blow on your cartridges" persist it will continue to shrink the market.

I'd say it's the biggest damage done to the cartridge game market, but the damage scalper fags have done is pretty off the fucking charts.

Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year.
Discontinued my arse, they just want artificial hype.

And nothing of value was lost. NES is the easiest system to emulate.

Darkwing Duck and Shatterhand are the obvious answers.

People are retarded…I wish I could cash in on their stupidity.

Collector scalperfags bag dozens of cartridges just to destroy them and bring up scarcity, they don't come close.

their popularity embarrasses the wii U

There are like 20 in a store near me for about 125 euros each
If i wasn't so lazy i'd buy them all and flip them for a profit

>>>/gamergoy/

it was probably outselling the switch so the canned it out of embarrassment.

I fucking hate seeing this shit. The owners are despicable.

I just don't know why we're expected to give a shit. Why would anyone here bother to waste money on something so stupid to begin with.

I never implied they did, I clearly stated that scalpers were far worse.

I have a hateboner for them.

Fair enough, they're basically a shoah on video games only real.

I think 75% of the posters on Holla Forums should be skinned alive, and 90% of the people in this thread should have their brains scooped out while they get skullfucked by packs of giganiggers. The only thing more unpleasant than what you've turned into is what everyone else has turned into.

Nintendo are pathologically opposed to giving people things they actually want.

What the fuck is Nintendo thinking?

m80, the richer you are the more careful you should be with your money.

Well no shit, they can't even keep 3DS in stock.

Well you pretty much proved they're right.

This was pretty hard tbh man.
I think this is the best I can possibly do.

What the fuck does this have to do with emulation

the dog is probably diabetic.

I'm more disappointed in the normalfag masses for eating this shit up when EVERY PERSON IN THE FIRST WORLD owns a smartphone capable of emulating these games and more, and a bluetooth controller is cheaper than that piece of shit. You don't even need to jailbreak/root your phone if it's an android, there's emulators right there on the google store. People are so fucking stupid it makes me physically ill.

Historically, they'd rather sell 100% of their stock and not satisfy all potential customers, than have anything leftover in a warehouse somewhere.

It looks like they're doing the McRib approach where they sell shit for a limited time and them bring it back later on. It says they stopped production but whose to say they won't do something like this again in the future

Theres a gang of neon haired, NES controller shirt wearing retards at my job that, up until they spotted me dicking around in Super Castlevania IV during lunch, had no idea emulation was a thing.

It's like nothing exists outside of Facebook for some people.

Where the fuck do you work at? Hot Topic?

Aaaaand nothing of value was lost since you can download all the NES roms you want for free. And if you just REALLY want that NES feel, they make USB NES controllers that you can get for about $10.

This thing is stupid. The people who bought it are stupid. The people who want it are stupid.

All Nintendo has done here is given scalpers more shit for them to sell at an even more absurd price than it already was.

And I suppose you're a genius, then?

It's probably either because they lost the rights to one or more of the games on it or because it was hacked a while back.

I just realized how bad this test is because windows will add 16ms minimum, LCD monitors range from (more commonly) 4ms to 12ms response times, windows has an input polling overhead, and not giving an application bypass from the windows vsync adds even more delay.

you are retarded, but I can't say I'm surprised. emulator users are the niggers of gaming.

It's literally nothing but copying files to a thumb drive or SD card, and then plugging everything into any slot that will fit it. Something literally everyone who uses computers or smartphones or video game consoles already know how to do.

People who don't understand that middle grounds exist are stupid.

They were targeting the tiny market of hipsters that pretend to care about old vidya without actually caring enough to collect original hardware or play the huge library via emulation.
That said I think they knew it wasn't going to be a bid seller and it would have been dirt cheap to produce with many modern microcontrollers offering more than enough power to run NES games fine. They would have been making a very healthy margin on the $60 asking price and I wouldn't be surprised if they cost under $15 to produce.

Nintendo HQ right now

Nothing shows how little you know about electronics quite like thinking NES processing power costs more than a couple of dollars these days.
The margin on these would be huge.

It was shit, right?
Are there any videos or articles explaining just how shit this was?

I have a friend who genuinely wanted one and was complaining about this to me last night. I tried telling him it was shit but he didn't want to take my word for it.
Where's the conclusive evidence this thing was garbage?

lmao
The point is that your own internal lag is much more significant than any technological issues. Lag is a fucking meme that hardwarecucks use to justify their retarded belief that their collections are superior to emulation.

There are reasons to buy original hardware but being superior to emulation is not one of them.

There isn't any, because it does exactly what it was designed to do. Saying is garbage for any other reason is purely subjective.

Instead of blaming hipsters, let's acknowledge that the actual reason behind the NES Classic Edition was to fill in the gap left by the Wii U's gradual decline for the Holiday season and to help put the the Nintendo brand on the fore front in time for the Switch's debut and launch. Canceling production would put the primary focus for consumers solely on the Switch.

Not gonna lie, former Nintendo fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Nintendo crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this company sell any more hardware.

kek

Go away, AlphaOmegaSin.

I'd rather have my money and pirate games, than pay for shit only to get respect from gamergate assholes. Your respect isn't something I need or want.

Yeah it's fucking hilarious watching Nintendo crash and burn as they enjoy their most success since the DS and Wii generations.
If you're gonna feel anything, feel mad at the cucks that are enabling bullshit like paid online, because they're never going to go back on that now.

Can someone ban the fucking OP please?

Are you niggers serious?

But if I say Nintendo is tanking then it must be true!

What for? The spergout about not putting down an archive? Was under the impression that we'd gotten past "ban things I don't like".

Reminder that OP is some Nintencuck trying to subvert the board. He pulled this same anti archive shit in his Switch thread

If this was one instance of some newfag, it would be an annoyance. But OP is some sort of shill/goon/redditor/what have you who doesn't understand Holla Forums's attitude towards gaming/tech press and is actively trying not to, like in this Switch thread

I'm not blaming hipsters I just can't see who else would want this thing. If you could fill an SD card with a shitload of ROMs then I could see a wider market but as is who else is going to want it?

I'd fuck him.

Yeah, a very exclusive portion of the world's population.
Even if someone has a phone or is a consoletard they don't necessarily know how to do it.

It's the nintendo autist actual newfriend.

lurk more.

Nigger, if i GOING to pay money to play games on my TV, i'd rather have the original hardware, otherwise just plug in your PC or a fucking Laptop into the TV and burn the cash.

Trust me, my sister thinks this is too complicated to just play video games and she has a fucking doctorate in pharmacy. She rather spend money on the overpriced carts when even a flash cart and would give her the same experience and be cheaper in the long run.

you clearly don't understand how convenient those little boards are as htpcs

user I don't care if your sister has a doctorate in rocket science, being able to hold memories doesn't mean a person isn't retarded.

Or just stop being a faggot and get a flash cart. You can usually repair a NES controller by cleaning the contact pads, worst case scenario you get replacement contact pads for $3-5.

Yeah, yeah, I get the 'just because you have a doctorate doesn't mean you're stupid'. Just pointing out that the only people who willing to do the SJW pi shit just emulate their shit and the people who would benefit from the saving just shut down at the mere thought of setting it up to their TV, let alone a 'plug in play' flash cart with a SD card slot. You have no idea how frustrating it was when pointing out all you had to do was go to a ROM site, download the game you wanted, copy the game to the SD card, put the SD in the flash cart and turn on the system. Even then she insisted that was too fucking complicated.

this thread is amusing

A-are people seriously trying to say that original hardware is always better than emulation? There are instances where using an emulator actually fixes issues the game had with the hardware it was built for.

Just playing Majora's Mask on an emulator alone compared to a console is like night and day graphically, even if the system is weird to emulate. The fact you can render games to higher resolutions and improve the overall look of a game without mods just shows how much better modern hardware is running older games.

Looking back, Xbox was the death of Nintendo.

If they hadn't been forced into the middle ground of dude-bro / vidya gaymer, they could've kept their sales high and not turned into hyper-jews.

Once again, Bill Gates can gargle my bag.

lol

retarded beyond down syndrome

got em. they weren't like this before consoles succumbed to bros. fight it all you like. i'll be the first to admit their shit now, but search your heart and know i'm right.

Why does Nintendo have such a fucking boner for the scalping industry? I don't think I've ever seen a major company pander to them so well.

Because nintendo would rather stop making money if it would mean they wouldn't have to have three boxes in a warehouse.

Naw, it was Nintendo who killed Nintendo.

At least MS has Windows which shits all over anything Nintendo or Sony could put out.

tbh there aren't that many good PC games.

Are you seriously going to sit here and claim that over 30 years of PC gaming doesn't have many good games?

Micro$ shill please go. This is a land of freedom.

Kek.

yeah, 30 years and a lot of shit games. There's been some good, some great. A lot of shit. A lot of the heavily praised ones like planescape torment are pretty shit. When you actually start playing these games, you start to see a lot of promising but poorly realized games. A lot of experimental but unsatisfying games. A lot of games which lack cohesion, a necessary amount of polish to deliver a solid experience.

A lot of them just aren't very good. The first playstation had more games actually worth playing than the 30 years of PC. Plus, it's more like 15 or so years, considering how NT and 9x fucking hate each other, so your experience vary significantly on a game to game basis there. It's more like there's Win NT gaming, Win9X gaming, DOS gaming.

The fuck i'm reading?

0.10 cents have been deposited into your account, shill-kun.

Okay, so a platform that lasts way longer than most console generations has a lot of bad games? Especially when there is no gatekeeper of sorts to sort the "accepted" games from the "unacceptable" games? Well that's to be accepted, PC gaming being more open means more games being made and more shovelware.

I'd rather deal with that than consoles, tbh.

You Nintencucks are the saddest fucks on the planet.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone try to bullshit themselves so badly into being so wrong about any given subject in video games. This is seriously Movieblob levels of ignorance. Next you're going to say that Other M is a good game.

the super nintendo too. and for good measure the sega saturn. I can think of about 100 or so games worth playing on those 3 platforms, more for some than others. The thing is, if you had a super nintendo and got the good games for it, you'd have more fun in those 4 or 5 years the system was relevant than with 30 years of PC only games.

I'd rather just play good games, which there are plenty of. I've played a lot of the most praised PC exclusives. A lot of them just are kinda shit. Fallout and baldur's gate are garbage. Some of the more experimental ones are kinda shit like giants citizen kabuto. Or are just half-finished and never got fully realized like the stalker trilogy.

Lots of nice ideas, heaps of shit execution.

never played it. So are you going to to try and tell me daggerfall and terminator future shock are actually great games that are worth anyone's time?

You aren't too bright are you?

Kill yourself consolefag.

But I was talking about all games. Not to mention all of the really popular games are multiplats that often play better on PC and are still part of the PC's legacy of games. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier on but as a gaming platform I do feel that Windows is better than what Sony, Nintendo, or Sega could make. Exclusives are just a reason to force you to buy hardware you may not of bothered with otherwise.

You Nintencucks are the saddest fucks on the planet.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen someone try to bullshit themselves so badly into being so wrong about any given subject in video games. This is seriously Movieblob levels of ignorance. Next you're going to say that Other M is a good game.

What a fucking piss poor non-argument, holy shit.

So what N64 game from the year 2000 had that amount of visual fidelity, gameplay variety and wide open environments?
Thank you for showing that your experience playing PC games is basically watching a couple of youtube videos

So what is then? Quality Nintendo software like Urban Champion, Sticker Star, and Yoshi Topsy-Turvy?

Seriously Chipman, this is fucking pathetic.