Emulation Thread - Breath of the emulation Edition

Ho wmany games do you emulate?

What is your set up?

Your favorit emulated platform

Who here manage to get PCSX-R PGXP to run smoothly for 3D PSX games?

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files
romhacking.net/translations/2947/
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes_(GC)
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-getting-mouse-aiming-to-work-in-metroid-prime-trilogy
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice emulator nerds

Using the latest git build?

No but I'm using a few weeks old git build. Did they fix it?

I dunno
I am not really familiar with the linux builds. If you reported it, it would probably get fixed or you could do the copy pasting yourself from the Windows lillypad repository.

It's not really a bug. They haven't introduced deadzone control so the plugin has baked in deadzone.
PCSX2 is multiplatform but you can't just copypaste plugins, they have to be ported aswell. It's why there are fewer plugins on linux than on windows.

Jeez lad the Linux input plugin is hella outdated

Enjoy your jaggies, popping sounds and lack of compatibility

I recently got PCSX2 going and emulated some of the games I grew up with. Unfortunately they're fucking garbage so I'm emulating God Hand instead.

I'm going to try Retroarch on my PS TV today. Am I going to need like 30 BIOS files for GBA, CPS Capcom stuff, Neo Geo stuff etc?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files

Thanks, emulating some of this stuff has been a pain in the past.

you really must hate emulation, do you?

Sorry hardware cuck, can't hear you over this money I'm not giving to scalpers.

OWO!?

Gay.

yes
romhacking.net/translations/2947/

bump

stop

No!

Hardware fags beed to leave

I want to emulate SCIII, anything I should take into consideration?
inb4
I know II has better combat, but I want to play chronicles of the sword or whatever the fuck it was called.

So i installed Retroarch 1.5.0 today on ubuntu and i realized there is no option to update (download) cores, wtf?

I had not updated in a year or so because there was no need for it and my configurations where deleted each update, is there a new way to install cores on linux?

aren't you supposed to get cores from ubuntu repositories?

well it used to work this way before but i'll try that

Indeed here they are, thanks

Wanna buy shit for my scalper prices enlightened one?

How do I setup MAME to play The Ocean Hunter?

MAME doesn't emulate model 3 last I checked
You'll need to look for a sega model 3 emulator.

I've been spoiled by Dolphin's compatability list. Very hesitant to try PCSX2 games with no test entries.

How's it work? Settings hell?

The end result is the same whether a game doesn't work or if you refuse to try it just because it's unlisted.

Feel free to kill yourselves any time. Best option IMO is high speed FPGA/SOC replica boards with optional enhancement switches and full component output.

cmon dolphin devs, fix this shit

Just downloaded it to see if it's true and everything is perfect so far. Does it fucks up further into the game?

it fucks up past the first room. even the wiki says so

are you using the Wii trilogy version? I havent tried that one cause I dont have a usb wiimote sensor yet.

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes_(GC)

Who the fuck is this "Emulation is for niggers" and where did it come from?

I save time and heartache.

95% "playable" when half are buggy

retards who spent money on over-priced old consoles and wanna justify their purchases, kinda like PC Mustard fags. I have an Atari 2600 literally caked in dust in my garage cause its such a hassle to set up on modern tvs.

This is where the CRT threads come in handy.

or
OR

emulators

oh niggers, when will you ever learn

I'm just saying if you're going to be an original hardware cuck you might as well go all the way. I still have the stuff from when I was younger and I occasionally pop it in and go. There's definitely a different vibe I get when I play on original hardware, but getting new games isn't worth the asking price unless you're a rich motherfucker who wants to support scalpers.

nah, I just got it to collect it. it was $20 at a swapmeet. I was like 15 at the time.

Fuck, you're right, but it doesn't happen after the first room, it happens after you lose your suit upgrades. You have to scan a switch to activate an elevator but even if you aim perfectly at the switch, it scans something completely different that's far away.

just use a mouse and keyboard

Just meme lines in a single layer with no other enhancements is shit.

just use mouse and keyboard instead of wiimote, it plays great
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-getting-mouse-aiming-to-work-in-metroid-prime-trilogy

looks good, can be better

Anyone got pointers on RetroArch, Vulkan, and KMS/DRM under Linux?

I've gotten Vulkan working in native games and benchmarks, but RetroArch refuses to start when I set the driver to anything other than GL.

Also, while lag in X is way lower than before (when I was on Mint 17.3) so it's not as urgent, I can't get RetroArch to start cores directly under ultra-low-lag KMS. It opens and the menus work, using keyboard/mouse/controllers, but as soon as I start a core, it quits with a segfault.

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1 with a 4.10 kernel. System is an ancient Core 2 Quad with 8GB RAM & Radeon RX 460.

this post is funny because it pretends old consoles are expensive

you need to leave.

Both are ok

Any got the settings for Ace Combat 4 to work on PCSX2? I"m trying to make it work but Hardware mode causes planes to turn full black while Software mode causes FPS to tank. I managed to get AC5 to work but that was using someone elses setting.

OR
emulator on a CRT monitor

Is Destroy All Humans finally playable without having to alternate between software and hardware mode?

no

Hey guys I bought an N64 about 6 months ago, it was working great then I went to some thrift store and picked up some old ass CRT for like $5. It works great but the VCR player is broken and it only has mono audio but that's fine since most games have the option for mono anyway. Then about a week ago I picked up an SNES, it's also working pretty good but I only have like 2 games for it so far.

I'm either going to pick up a PS2 or a Saturn next. Based on your emulation experiences, which console is more worthwhile?

1 looks best

2 and 3 are the best. 1 and 4 are awful but 4 is the worst.

I'd get a CRT but I really don't have the space for one.

I just put mine on top of my dresser.

I don't even watch TV and I can't find space to put a TV in a comfy place. I'm not going to play on the floor in some random corner of the house like an autist.

You do, stop being an idiot.

Is there a particular reason everyone seems to be using PCSXr for ps1 emulation rather the ePSXe?

Does anyone have a good Android emulator? Tried one years ago and it had limited usages and ads and was shit.

Good job faggot.

It's a $5 CRT.

You bought someone's trash user.

Bull fucking shit, I played Prime on Dolphin 5.0 and all that happens when you bring up the map is the game hitches for a second and then the game goes back to normal speed. and I'm on a mid-range machine.

If you're going to emulate, make sure you aren't using a toaster faggot.

It's $5. If it's a decent looking screen it probably has some use. I usually get one with decent audio though so I have to go all the way up to $7. Not that it matters. I can just hook it up to my dual speakers.

Even then your CRT is bond to look like shit by CRT standards.

*bound

And man up and invest in a something like a flat screen CRT from the 2000s, not some dinky ass Zenith someone's kids pissed all over.

For

I'de rather just buy a cheap one that works perfectly fine. You would be surprised at how cheap quality CRT's are these days.

ok I get the whole emulation cuz im poor thing and only have an i5 2500k and a 1070ti but pretending back up solutions don't exist and that all "le original hardware cucks xD" are running legit cartridges and CDs and shit of games is just absolute mental retardation

I get you want to shake the image of being a nigger, or a section 8er or whatever it is hardware fags are calling you retards lately, but at least be intelligent if you want to actually stop being niggers

There is significant overlap between original hardware faggotry and collectors/scalper shills, tho.

And yet you bought one with shit sound and probably shitty picture. CRTs degrade over time, and I wouldn't be shocked if yours has some shit that's eroding in it or whatever cause CRTs to break down
Just because they're cheap doesn't they're good. For some extra cash you can get a newer CRT from the 2000s that's more sturdy and looks and sounds better.

You should re-read your posts, nigger.

Didn't mean to sage

so? Don't buy the legit copies then. There's far better solutions if you aren't a mouth breathing retard. So what if someone wants to own a copy of conkers bad fur day CIB L@@K!!! MINT A++ VGA RATED 82%, let him, nigger, you can get the entire n64 collection on a chinese ED for 60 bucks. Except like 4 games which ain't worth shit.

It's like how dumb do you have to be to use a strawman like that

stop talking about things you know nothing about, nigger.

You know those things have problems playing games for certain consoles right? Just like emulators
I think we know who the nigger is here. Why are hardware cucks so defensive?

not gonna bother replying, enjoy your anger child

Aside from the fact that

You're talking to the wrong guy. I bought a cheap CRT with decent sound unlike the other user. Be more perceptive on ID's next time.

Except they are. How do you even know that the cheap CRT isn't from the 2000's? They're all pretty fucking cheap these days fam.

I've heard about Sony WEGA/Trinitron TVs having input lag. I was thinking more on the line of later day Toshiba TVs that were pretty much sturdy consumer grade TVs that are more likely to be in better condition than someones discarded RCA TV lying out in a yard sale, and look good for older games.

The broken VCR head and mono sound is a dead away, dummy. And if it was from the 2000s then it's an inherently shit TV.

Second reply was meant for

Sorry I need to go to bed.

I worry about the day "environmentalists" have thrown all the cheap CRTs into the hands of junkers, and supply dries up, meanwhile nobody cares enough about gaming to make an OLED that isn't laggy trash.

Do you think there are enough hipster faggots like us out there to Kikestart boutique CRT production?

The way I see it there are people dedicated enough to make devices to run old cartridges so there's going to be a demand for CRT's. Especially for old VHS hipsters as well. I'm assuming when old CRT's start running dry there will be a higher demand which will warrant higher quality standards. But we're not going to see a day where classic CRT's will run low any time soon. I see those fucking things in every garage sale and thrift shop I go to.

Best NES emulator? Emulation wiki recommends 3.

lol

Nestopia overall. Punes has better audio though.

Yep, agreed. I honestly don't know how people can play unfiltered on an LCD screen and think it's even remotely acceptable.

Stop it, nigga.

Stop using that.

People meme about epsxe being inferior when in reality they are almost work exactly the same, the emulator is plugin based meaning people will get the exact same result with both with only some differences in the CPU emulation, i could not pick a better case of two emulators being closer to each other in performance, mainly because what i said, the plugins do most of the perceptible job.

They're both shit. Use beetle-psx.

lol nope
the OpenGL tweaks plugin was specifically made for PCSXR and PGXP is only available for it.

Also beetle psx is worse than Epsxe when it comes to upscaling
If you just want compatiblity then stick to mednafen standalone otherwise get ready for plugin based shitfest.

Literally why? For what purpose?

What kind of shitty monitor are you using for 2x upscaling to be worthwhile?

Post a video of you running through the first level in Crash 3 with your gross setup, and I'll post mine. We'll let the audience decide what's better (also enjoy your slowdown, beetle-psx completely removes all slowdown present in the original hardware).

What the fuck are you talking about?
Even epsxe allows overclocking

Also I am not going to waste my time on your retarded autism. 2x upscaling for a 320x240 game is only 640x480. People in 2004 had higher resolution monitors than that.

Not like beetle-psx. It's broken as fuck, similar to 1964.
Translation: I'm not willing to back up the trash I'm spewing by posting video evidence.

Wew.

The Beetle-psx method of overclocking is limited to only a certain speed. It does not remove slow down completely. In that way its limited in its implementation making it worthless for certain games.

Ok

Post games where it does not work. I have the complete NTSC-U library. I can test it right now to see if you're bullshitting.
Why games? Why are you being deliberately vague?

Doesn't remove slowdown completely from Soul Reaver. Final Fantasy 9, Armored Core and Alien Resurrection

Post the exact locations where this slowdown occurs with proof.

It's a known fact that while almost 100% stable the OC method from beetle PSX has limitation, even just in Ape Escape it can't maintain the full internal 30fps all the time, more extreme example like Silent Hill, DOOM or G-police where while it runs appreciably better it still cannot reach the limiter.

Beetle can do 8x just fine provided you use the vulkan renderer.
ePSXe can't do PGXP so it's worthless to upscale over 2x to begin with

Since when did Holla Forums became normalfag central?

So you don't actually have every NTSC U game?
Why did you lie?

Crashes most games. Works with glitches for others.
Same for the PGXP in it. Causes visual glitches in places where PCSXR's PGXP doesn't. Its either highly outdated or just incompatible with whatever rendering method is used in beetle.

Where are these slowdowns in particular? I'm running around on Ape Escape right now locked at 29.97. Give me a game I can load up right now and see drops right at the start with OC on.

Nice try, kiddo :^)

then how about you load up the games listed yourself and prove yourself wrong instead of wasting everyone's time on your autism?

See
Trying too hard to fit in.

That one beach level, turn towards the ocean and you're bound to have it not stay at 29.97

IGPfag need not apply.

Got a 750ti
Do you need a 1080 to play PS1 games now?

Ape Escape isn't the only game listed in response to you faggot

Then you're doing it wrong.

You need something with proper OGL/Vulkan support which isn't the case for IGP.

I was given a game, I tried the game, and it worked on my machine. The issue appears to be your trash-tier plugin based emulation, sorry kid.

750ti supports vulkan
yeah ok

Did you lose your brain the few moments between your posts or is it normal for you to have trouble following conversations?

Doesn't change the fact that you're obviously doing something wrong, I mean on top of shilling ePSXe obviously.

I wish I could start emulating at the end of this year (need new komputer). Definitely prefer playing on the original hardware and standard resolution (upscaled well), however I need a PAL-compatible HDTV with low lag to play PAL games, and good fucking luck find on in the USA (still hoping a solution will present itself).

That, and I am a loyal Sonygger with an unhealthy obsession with the DualShock controller design (both sticks need to be on the bottom or fuck off).

So RA comes with wrong configuration settings by default?
Why would it do that?

Nice reading comprehension

To use the vulkan renderer you need to switch the backend to vulkan and vice versa to use the OGL renderer you use the gl backend most core use OGL so the default is gl.

As per usual

If I didn't do that I wouldn't even be able to boot a game in the vulkan renderer
I see critical thinking is not your forte.

Post a screenshot of Alien Resurrection running at 4x native resolution in the vulkan renderer for me.

8x but whatever you get the idea

Here is tenchu running with 4x resolution
The PGXP is bugged for the vulkan renderer as the lines are straight in the GL one and on PCSXR.
Theres also crazy amount of shaking which you need a deinterlacing shader to lessen. Doesn't exist in PCSXR for obvious reasons.

Then why don't you use it?

Also it seems wee got all the way from "Crashes most games." to nitpicking.

That is strange
Does the vulkan renderer for RA have problems with 750Ti or Nvidia cards or something?

The GL backend was abandoned long before the vulkan one was even released so as a result it has even more issues
Its a moot point anyway because I don't use RA in the first place.
I am fine with PCSXR

What driver?
Vulkan support is work in progress for pretty much everyone including the manufacturer so you need to get something somewhat recent for it to work, runnign that on a 770 and also on a 1070.

Running 376.33 on my end.

I also don't get any shaking / bent lines on Tenchu unless it's specific to some level/area

Is this tenchu for ps2?

Maybe you shouldn't buy fucking garbage screens or try to play on TVs with shit response time. Monitors are what you want for fast response time and low latency. If you are playing games on any panel with more then 5ms response time, what the fuck are you doing?

Why?

Turns out it was a driver error
Updated to 378.78
Seems to be working now.

As long as you folks are on the subject of Vulkan & RetroArch, any insights on to share? Also, I have a gamepad with 6 face buttons, but haven't figured out how to map the C buttons to them so far.

Ayy, every fucking time.

Is the original Kings Field worth playing? I don't like starting things on the second fucking installment but if the plot doesn't carry over at all I guess I'de have to put up with it.

Yeah most people here think that "response time" = input lag.

Every game is it's own thing.

Alright.

(checked)
That's good to know. I found out the first game was translated thankfully so I'm doing that now. Pretty sure I've cleared most the first floor. This game is a lot more forgiving than Shadow Tower.

The one (among numerous other possible factors) contributes directly to the other

Alright niggers, whats the best emu for Gameboy Advance?

Just run ePSXe

That's what I'm doing, no problems so far.

Maybe if you weren't a dumb nigger you'd find it.

What the fuck do you think ePSXe runs off of, retard?

Plug-ins you stupid nigger. Plug-ins that work better if you use PGXP.

Better how? I set up PCSXR with the same knowledge I used for ePSXe and it runs like a glue covered turd.

Nigger what plugins are you using? And get the PGXP fork of PCSXR.

ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

Grabbed the version off there, followed the instructions to a T, get this when I try to alter any plugins.

why

Die.

Are there any good goy anons who are donating to their patreon can share the latest build 1.7.4d? Or is it 1.7.5.

Use the OpenGL 1.78 if that doesn't work

Nigger, shut your faggot mouth, or I'll stop being nice and you can ask for help elsewhere.

I don't think you understand. That error occurs when I select "Plugins and Bios" from the config menu.

We don't tolerate niggers like you begging for shit when you can do it yourself
Install the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015, or make sure you're clicking the PXGP icon when starting up instead of PCSXR. I don't know what else to say other than stop acting like an entitled newfag.

Huh, I figured it out. For some reason the fucking filename for one of the plugins on that site was misspelled.

Wowie wee look at you, you're a giant entitled faggot who never learned how to do anything for himself while your mom was riding my cock.

Nobody learns how to do anything for themselves. You learned from someone else and because someone used to slap you around with a belt you get off on lording that information over others.

It's cool though I have the plugins and wow its fucking nothing, barely better texture alignment than ePSXe

Yes you do fucktard. It's called doing your fucking research. If you really get stuck, by all means ask for help. But don't come in here acting like you know shit and run your mouth when you don't. Not to mention not spoonfeeding keeps newfags like you out, so I don't know why I even helped you

Holy fuck, you're hopeless.

I turned on GTE accuracy. Not noticing shit.

i have News for you, you are the only one who has Problems with it

1.7.5 but no significant changes are coming, mayeb you will get 2 extra frames in Botw i'll take even 1

In case you have not been on the internet the last 2 years, there are builds of epsxe or the GL plugin i don't remember right now that support PGXP, and mednafen supports that as well.

MGBA nigger.

It is a mystery m8, people still use zsnes too.

What builds of epsxe support PGXP? Its not an open source emulator you retard.

Looks like PCSX2 got a few new things to play around with
Merge Sprite seems to actually help quite a bit in a few cases.

The new half pixel offset setting fixes the 1 pixel line corruption in FMVs that the old one had.
I wonder if it fixes the white line for Yakuza 1 and 2.

Give him a break. He was big enough to admit it.

Apparently not big enough to apologize for said behavior.

oh fuck off cunt
your retarded shit about 2x native and beetle overclocking being enough has nothing to do with the vulkan renderer. I doubt you even knew of its existence.

It didn't work before, and it's not going to work now. You're just digging that hole and exposing yourself as the big, gaping twat you know yourself to be.

who let the sjw in?

Doubling down when you're wrong is nigger behavior, nigger.

What are the best Sega Genesis games?

I just tried Revenge of Shinobi because I remembered playing it as a kid, and turns out it's pretty shit, so now I want something better. I don't remember any games other than Dynamite Headdy though.

No sanic.

Here are some good to great genesis games.

Atomic Runner
Alien Soldier
Biohazard Battle
Airbuster
Crusader of Centy
Gaiares
Gynoug
High Seas Havoc

Some more recommend games are:

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster
Truxton
Twinkle Tale
All of the Thunderforces and Lighting Force
Street of Rage 2
Ristar
Sagia
Gauntlet 4 ( The music is really great in the quest mode).
Vectorman 1 & 2
Devlish (This game has a great OST.)

Thanks a bunch, I'll check out all of these. I actually initially downloaded Shinobi 3 on accident and it felt a lot better than Revenge of Shinobi. The first level was really lame though.

I can't believe I forgot about Streets of Rage 2, used to play that tons with my brothers.

Congratulations you fucking faggot.

Anyone got any DS suggestions that aren't in pic related?

git gud casual nigger

Bumping for this. Need it

NDS_TGM3
Nanostray 1
Trackmania Turbo or DS
Call of Duty series on DS
Great Giana Sisters DS
Touch Detective 1 and 2 1/2
Gunpey DS
Tertis Party
Arkanoid DS
New Zealand Story Revolution
G.G Series Collection
Game Center CX - Arino no Chousenjou 2 and Retro Game Challenge
Space Bust A Move & Bust A Move DS
Scurge - Hive

What's this I hear about a playstation 3 emulator?

rpcs3, is it legit?

Yes it's legit, however it's still in early development. It plays some small games well, but most games either crash or are gitch.

It's funny that PS3 emulation (RPCS3) is advancing so fast recently, while that for the 360 (Xenia) has slowed down so much that OG XBox (Cxbx-R) is moving faster, considering the situation was exactly reversed just a couple years ago.

In another 2-4 years I expect Dolphin 2.0 levels of working for RPCS3 while Xenia might get picked up by new devs.

Xenia will always be bogged down by the fact the main dev is a moralfag of the highest degree, I mean right now you have to modifiy the source and compile yourself just to be able to test out demos just because some people started posting footage of XBLA games running in a playable way.
One thing I'll give him though is that he actually aims toward practical accuracy and not "muh accuhurtz" or "muh get shit to play ASAP"

I wouldn't be that optimistic but I'd say it'll become a good alternative for lighter PS3 games within that timeframe at the very least which is good for JRPGfags.

Looks like you had a discount bin childhood.
Thanks for the suggestions, saw a few I wanna check out.

Discount bin is where the hidden gems usually found, under the shovelware.

Shit was my Christmas during the PS1 era.