Starcraft Remaster

Blizzard's team gives so little of a fuck that they have to get one of the people who worked on a starcraft fanmade editor(Scmdraft) to update the new editor without breaking everything.

With that said, what custom maps would you like to replay with a new twist, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/lbKpl
starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wouldn't hiring an expert mean they do give a fuck, I mean if I had something I wanted to do right, but lacked the skill or knowledge to it, I'd consult and possibly even hire an expert or enthusiast to approach the problem.

Will they add gay shit and remove racism from the campaign?
archive.fo/lbKpl

First, they hired a modder.
Second, they had to hire a modder, because none of the original talent is left to fix current Blizzard's mess.

The new graphics are utter shit. They should've just made a proper resolution mod for modern systems.

What you just said. Let's look into that.

And how much is this going to fucking cost? I bought the Anthology battle chest fucking god only knows how long ago, my CD-keys have been registered on battle net for years upon years, thank god someone made a DirectDraw patch that fixes games like Diablo and SC:BW to make them fully playable on modern Windows OSes, and now you tell me they're updating the original Starcraft to a Remastered version, and so I wonder, "How fucking much is it going to cost?" The only info on the site is "Summer 2017" well how about a more specific date? How am I to trust Blizzard not to completely fuck this up? Why is this even a thing when there's already a fucking overhaul mod for Starcraft II free edition which is exactly what this is?

When they released AoE2 HD, I was able to update my original install to HD for free thanks to voobly, a third-party multiplayer client. Worst case scenario, you'll have to avoid bnet to make sure you don't get unwanted patches.

Standard definition is for free, HD 4K bullshit is gonna cost you, they won't make it always online bullshit, and this is Blizzard, they won't fuck it up because even if you hate how lazy and derivative their game design philosophy is, they make their games run on toasters, unless its Diablo 3 for the PC, fuck them, and that last question, because they want money and the Starcraft prestige bullshit again.

Based on what? They sure as hell did for Diablo III.
You're talking about old Blizzard here, Overwatch doesn't run on a fucking toaster, hell even the new Hearthstone patches are god damn bloated piles of shit. Hearthstone used to be 95mb to install, now it's up to 1.35gb. Heroes of the Storm started out as a 950mb download, now it's 14gb. Blizzard don't care anymore.

They care so little that they throw peanuts at a modder to fix what they no longer understand. They don't know how their old games work, they don't want to know, they're too busy making garbage and talking like they make the best games. Even when Diablo II was new, no one considered it the best game.

Warcraft III is a great example of how shitty Blizzard was even back then, muh poor misunderstood green skinned niggers. Don't tell me they won't fuck this up, because they've been fucking things up for far too long, which is why Chris Metzen keeps killing off characters he didn't create to pave the way for his self-insert flavor of the month characters. And why they had to retroactively use some bullshit "IN THE NEW TIMELINE" crap to justify ways of bringing things they fucked up back. And why a god damn feminist prop piece like Sylvanas (who was a god damn night elf for 10 fucking years) is now the warchief.

yep

see:

nigger do you lack such basic knowledge on economizing and creating a fast and productive workflow? Is this actually hard for you to figure out?

That was my point, dumbass. Blizzard is a bloated corpse filled with corporate executive maggots. They have no passion or love for the product. They see the popularity of something that currently is not making them money and they contrive a way to make money off of it. There isn't a single person in that company with an ounce of talent so they contract modders.

Don't make me go shill their shit, some SC2 GM explained that the game will still require you to have a Blizzard Jew App account and launcher to start the game, one thing you should watch out for is the bullshit with the "Mission interludes and introductions will feature new comic-book style illustrations." Until we get more details, be wary at the jews, they have little of their veterans that actually worked on the fucking game left, expect some retardaded cross-game promotions with Blizz ASSFAGGOTS and Hearthstone RNG.

Sleepless nights, forgot to mention you need the "Blizzard App" and account to get the game, you can still play it offline.

Considering that the current interludes and intros feature pre-rendered CG models that look like shit, this is potentially a step up. Have you seen what the old Sarah Kerrigan model looked like? It looks like some kind of weird robot with gigantic robot eyes on a deformed head.

Its so fucking clear they are talking to people that don't even know what starcraft is, holy shit

Unless they have the option of having the originals made by Blizzard North(RIP) they can shove it out of their ass, we'll probably have the artists of the Overwatch shit comics explaining why Kerrigan need no man!

What do you expect, they've done this shit over and over with their milked cow, Warcraft, nobody even knows or cares about the RTS games, they only care about getting item level bullshit and RNG cards, and ERPing.

I get that they're greedy nosebergs, but they didn't really have to go the extra mile and make their new product shit right off the bat. If blizzard went the aoe II HD route and just increased the resolution (something that has already been done by 3rd party groups) and kept the original, good sprites, but just resold the game as a brand new edition they would've saved themselves what little work they had to put in this and still had the option to sell future "expansion packs" as the part of game. This reeks of "quick money" to me.

Because it IS being made for quick money.
They're just re-releasing the old fucking game so they can make money off the gooks that went to or stuck with Brood War instead of transitioning to Starcraft 2.

The reason why the only shit they changed are the art assets and some minor monitor resolution fixes is because they're aiming for that gook e-sports scene who thinks Brood War is a perfect game that shouldn't be changed.

Too much work.

Remakes are something you do after the current product is no longer a current product. That'd be like remaking Diablo III. A Diablo remaster or a Diablo II remaster, a little more reasonable. A Diablo III remake? Makes no sense, it's current gen, current tech.

You know nothing about making money and selling shit twice to stupid people.

pic related
but I agree with you, first they will do a "Game of The Year/Gold" edition with Wings, Heart and Legacy in one box

You know that they gave that away for free to people who already owned the Legendary Edition of Skyrim, right? I got SE for free days before it officially launched, but it uses their ridiculous console rules for modding, and uses a new format for mods, so I never bothered with that version.

So they didn't "sell me twice" on Skyrim, I got Skyrim as a gift, I bought the DLC as they came out for modding support, and then one day I got this 7 days early for FREE. I guess you'll call me stupid for buying the DLC, but nonetheless, anyone who already owns the Legendary Edition of Skyrim had to pay NOTHING to get Special Edition.

Congratulations, you've shown us all that you can't read.

And it makes it better or changes the point?

yeah, I really can't
but buying dlc is still supporting jews especially since those are the easiest to pirate when it comes to beth games

Seriously, you can't just gracefully admit you were wrong? I know it's the real popular thing to do to call corporations greedy kikes who monopolize on people, but in this situation it didn't happen. If you already owned the whole thing, then the new version cost nothing. Yeah it's actually a big difference and changes the point by a lot.

If you have an axe to grind against capitalism, why do you live in a capitalist society? Why are you supporting capitalism or globalism by paying for the internet, buying computers to play games, and contributing to a system that you think is such an issue with your "MUH JEWS" rhetoric?

There's so much to shit on Bethesda for, like their aggressive acquisition policies, their fucking sloppy game design, their inept PR and marketing representatives. But the one thing you heckle them for you're completely off base, because they didn't charge people twice for a product they already fucking owned.

Pretty sure that was only on PC because they wanted people to make console compatible mods.

Still laughing.
Had my fill of custom maps already but I'll 1v1 some of you fgts.
Since this is just ol' SC, it'll probably run in any VM. Bot.net is still gay but that could make it bearable.

I never played the first Starcraft or any Blizzard game aside from the SC2 demo a few years ago, I know about it is that you can only select 12 units at a time how good is this game honestly.

Even fucking Turok got a better treatment and thats done by an indishit nobody.

Trash, go play C&C instead of this derivative overhyped gookshit.

I do (and it's too simple to be enjoyably simple like the Japanese flag) but people talk shit about Blizzard's games and the only ones that have gone into detail that I've seen here is Overwatch, aside from grafting WH40K space marines why exactly is it bad.

they're doing this because of retcons, aren't they?

Have you only ever played thr OGs you nigger?
Its not bad, its meh but overhyped as shit.

That ironic worked out in the favour of the game, because your ability to manage large volumes of troops became a skill for high levels of play, and the difference between 12 marines and 11 marines + 1 medic was quite significant.

That was the only significant thing I could think of gameplay-wise that seperates from other RTSs, not a detriment, like the reason Cossacks is so popular is because you can select up to 5,000 units. People praise how well the factions are balanced but that should be given for a game like this and if you put effort and test things out than it's fucking nothing to write about in the commendation.

Well it also had good atmosphere, style and a solid campaign, especially in the difficulty department.

your point is retarded. with how hard blizzard is on mods these days, hiring a modder makes it pretty clear they want this remaster to live up to its potential

This. SC2 showed everyone what happens when the limit was removed. It breaks the balance and eliminates a lot of the skill there was in the game.

BW at its competitive peek was the single hardest real time game with the highest skill ever realized by man. Imagine the Daigo full parry moment but for both sides except it lasts for an hour while they are simultaneously playing chess. On top of that, the best players were still improving up until the fall.

you don't know what you're talking about, for either games.

A modder that is probably more competent than anyone at Blizzard.

is that supposed to be duran?

The industry is a bloated corpse filled with corporate executive maggots

actually, the whole world is now a bloated corpse filled with corporate executive maggots

Modders can't go on to make successful games? IceFrog and PLAYERUNKNOWN stand as two pretty recent examples in my mind…

will old custom maps work with this remake?

Clearly, you've never worked on a large coding project before.

They could assign some of their existing codemonkies to work on the editor, but it would take weeks for them to so much as get their bearings on the basics of how it works. It would delay the project by weeks and odds are they'd make shit mistakes that would cost map-makers hours of work. This wouldn't be entirely their fault, SC's code-base was rushed to make it's '98 release and its basically very hacked together after 11 years of patches.

Instead, they hire a guy who's been working on it until recently and is likely to already know and remember how to work with the editor's code.

One of the decisions Blizzard got right, albeit a minor one.

No, they hired a modder who wrote his own editor.

Most likely

That's called a promotion, user. He's a contractor now. Good for him.

Back when this game came out Blizzard was a completely different company, and it still today is probably one of the very best video games ever created. Not even just RTS games, but ALL games. It's in like the top 5 in human history.

The remaster is not making any detrimental changes to the gameplay - none whatsoever in fact. Regardless of how you feel about modern (((Activision-Blizzard))) I highly recommend picking this up.

How's it feel to have probably the worst taste in video games humanly possible? C&C is garbage, Brood War is derivative of nothing, it transcended the genre. There are hardly any RTS games in existence that could even hope to compete with it, including SC2. The only other one I consider good is SupCom Forged Alliance.

oh come on

fuck off blizzcuck, C&C was amazing

then explain generals and red alert 2

Except for its predecessor that founded the RTS genre, the original Dune game.

A lot of Blizzard-shills are going to be around this board in the near future.

We've been compromised since 2008

So hold on. First blizz said it was going to have revised dialogue and audio. Then they changed it to remastered instead. Now there's going to be comic-book style illustrations also. I just can't tell if they're planning on fucking up and cucking up the story or not.

ITS HAPPENING

starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

Perhaps they don't even know what they're doing.

Icefraud wasnt skilled he was just jewish enough to put "map protection" and to work with other jews on turning Dota into an e-sport aka destroying Dota forever.

What did they mean by this?

duran didn't show up until brood war

post rule 34 faggot, i know you've got some

There`s a custom campaign on SCII right now that perfectly reproduces the original SC story mode, knowing that, there`s no real reason for wanting to play the remaster unless it`s also free.

I know this, you know this, every one in this imageboard know this. You made a thread because you are a shill

they kept the art style intact instead of updating it to their shitty WoW-esque style that they've shoved into sc2 and diablo 3. as long as the gameplay and music is the same, i'm happy with this.edit- apparently the music and sound effects are going to be re-recorded. as long as they leave the option for original sounds and music i'm fine with this, in case the new stuff sounds like shit.

now if only they would do this with diablo 1 and 2. all i want are high resolution textures.

have you considered that some people think sc2's art style looks like shit and they prefer original starcraft art?

you would pay 60 bucks for a coat of paint, you whore

who said anything about me paying for it? i have no reason to play starcraft again, i just want to look at the beautiful hi-res graphics and enjoy rerecorded music. i don't play video games much anymore and starcraft is no exception. just because it gets a new coat of paint doesn't mean i'm going to buy it or play it again.

Too bad RTS as a whole is fucking dead. Now, C&C is worth just about as much as my "derivative gookshit". Which is fucking nothing at this point.

user pls

what a whore

the mod I mentioned actually use the original sounds from SC and brood war, I am talking about music and unit voices, it even do the cutscenes on the scII engine

if the graphics trigger you so much I am pretty sure there`s mods that change the look of the game you whore

why not just play the original fucking game.
Come on guys, I know you're smarter than this.
at least I hope you are

I did, always disliked the engine limitations

that`s coming from a person that finish the war3 campaigns once a year

ok

Not to mention W40k as well.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE