NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!

Be wary of Ys 8 though, that's being handled by NISA

- Trails of Cold Steel 3 is on track for a Japan release in Fall 2017, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

- We need to improve the Ys and Trails guide, by the way

- Trails in the Sky FC & SC to get updated with a slightly improved translation and able to skip S-Craft animations ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd to be released for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store on May 3 ( store.steampowered.com/app/436670/ )

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II to be ported for PC, first one announced for Summer.

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, thought Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed.

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too), and do so with good Japanese grammar

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, after that it will be released ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )

- Trails to Zero could be released this year after the 3rd. Trails to Azure also being translated (both for PSP and PC)

- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Zwei II, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

==Don't forget to support their games!== (That's why we are getting their games and even ported to PC!)

Again, be wary of Ys 8, as much as it pains me to say. The amazon description of the game is lazy as fuck and Dogi is now the "WallcrAsher", they even said that after Ys I, they abandoned the bump system. It all sounds like pure PR and "fake passion" for the series, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Other urls found in this thread:

tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu.htm
steamcommunity.com/games/251290/announcements/detail/1298570064323397716
trailsinthesky.com/3rd/
gamefaqs.com/pc/979867-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc/faqs/72569?single=1
store.steampowered.com/app/436670/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky_the_3rd/
gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_the_3rd
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Better version of the OP macro

You're not alone. I just hope it's a disconnect at PR rather than localization problems already.

I just beat Celceta PC using the old English patch…better than I expected, and I might replay it someday (after Seven).

Reminder that the Xanadu dubs are seeking help from cuckchan and reddit, while being supported by kotaku.

Base level 18? Should I have leveled up more here or what? I'm doing just fine on flash guards and moves but it's taking quite a while to kill these monsters. Adol and Duren are level 14.

Those guys are there so you can grind your skills.

Gotta be honest, I love everything about the skill system except for actually leveling up.

That's what you get when you can't read subtitles. And you deserve it.

If you put on the Skill XP +1/2/3 as soon as you get them, you can sweep the whole game easily as you'll be about 1.4 times as strong as you would be with skills at level 1. Didn't bother to do it in Dana, where flash guarding is easier (due to the camera) and provides about as much of a damage boost. Dana is actually much easier than Celceta, so everyone might want to play at a difficulty higher than they usually do.

You deserve the hell you bring on yourself.

This weekend I got back into my Trails FC replay but then learned XSEED's got the Zin patch due before 3rd hits, so I'm just biding my time now

The hackers (one of whom got subs into Zeroigar for the PC-FX) have already tried subbing Legend of Xanadu (II) but it's simply incredibly difficult and/or time-consuming, and the voiced scenes often have crucial story. I'm not surprised they're doing classifieds everywhere and have even put up a nice site: tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu.htm

I hear mixed things about VIII's difficulty because of the Flash improvements, but it at least doesn't have item overkill like Celceta. And I'm fine ignoring Flash Guard/Move as much as possible if so.

Celceta makes it super easy to level up the skills you like, but it's also random just to obtain skills, so I never got that OP Frieda.

Truly these people are worse than Angelica

What if my normal difficulty is nightmare

I've been out of it for a while now. How is the fan translation of Zero no Kiseki?

Also pics of the new qts

They are only spreading their project to as many sites as possible in order to get people for the dub. Dunno how the news made it to Kotaku, but Kotaku's post was meh so whatever

It's a fan translation, user-kun

No new info on the ft.

Le Guin isn't new, but I see that she favors an Arseid sized sword. Considering the Arseid style though, it's likely she can use it for both Vander and Arseid styles. Would be cool if she carried both swords and had a switch system or something though.

Yeah, I knew Le Guin wasn't new. I put her picture in at the last moment.

No healing items, not weapon upgrades? Although I'm pretty sure the big ones are required.

Looks like Green-haired girl and blond-haired guy are confirmed party members. I'm worried about original Class VII getting no screen time now. There's too many new characters. This isn't supposed to be a new arc, this is supposed to wrap up everything in the last one.

I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to the first CS where you have certain characters per chapter.

Same with Crossbell. I don't know that we should panic about party development when it's clear the main Class VII is only 2 students, Rean, and Altina. Assuming there's 5 characters a chapter like in Cold Steel (maybe on early on), there's room for Class VII + Muse and/or Ash, if not someone else (like old Class VII guest fighters).

An issue I have with all these new students is the implication that old Class VII can't adequately develop together for a third game, which is Falcom's way of admitting they fucked up and didn't give OG Class VII much to work with. Maybe they'll learn from this.

Do we even have ANY development as far as the Hexen Clan Witches go? Considering how they've gone out of their way to take the characters to everyone's hometowns/homelands and meet their families, you'd think they'd have some plan to do the same for Emma at some point.

Well, the thing you have to think about is this: how much screentime does the original Class VII need at this point? At most, I think some just need a "where are they now?" Appearance, which is likely what they'll get. By that I mean some prominence for a chapter, then maybe coming back for the end game. I'm not using spoiler tags so if you haven't played Cold Steel, consider yourself warned. Let's look at Class VII:

He's the Protagonist and his character development isn't necessarily complete yet. He's still a tool with a lot of power and no idea what to really do with it. He still needs to become his own man. Plus his Ogre Form is taking over.

He's pretty much done in terms of character development and is pursuing a career in music. He doesn't need much plot focus other than as the son of Craig the Red.

He's pursuing a career in gov't and has gotten over his blind hatred of nobles. It hasn't been long enough to see him take significant strides on that path so he's not that important YET.

He's… Well, there'll definetly be whatever obligatory Nord chapter we get. Plus there's the wandering Priest and him being a Grahlsritter to consider. He's not had much development, but more character revelation, similar to Sara, and he just wants to keep Nord peaceful. Considering all of Osbourne's expansions, even into North Ambria, I could see him getting ready to REALLY defend his homeland.

He's running Bareahard now due to Rufus being in Crossbell and his father having been arrested. He's probably too busy to do much, but I could see him helping out in some way.

Working on taking over for her mother. Considering it's only been a year and half, I don't see her having gotten that far, but we've already seen that she appears in some fashion. Plus there's still Sharon's mysterious past, and Alisa will certainly be there for that reveal.

She's looking for the rest of Zephyr, who's trying to ressurect their leader. That'll definetly have a chapter of focus. Plus she's also possibly a Bracer now. So she could interact more with the Liberl characters and Sara. Possibly. I just realized the Erebonian Bracers all have shady pasts.

Laura's goal in life is to be Victor. Of course there'll certainly be a section in Legram thanks to Lohengrin and it's Divine Knight. Plus considering both Duvalie and Le Guin's interest in fighting the Arseids, I can see them clashing. So we'll likely find her on our trip there. Plus there's that pesky S. In her and Victor's names.

Still an agent of Osbourne, so odds are we'll see her poking around. Plus she'll likely serve as Altina's foil.

Looking for Vita and trying to be plot relevant like she SHOULD'VE BEEN FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. NOW IS THE TIME.

But you see my point, right? They don't need a whole other game for themselves, and their connection as a Class ended when everyone but Rean got on the train leaving Trista. We don't need to "get the band back together" again like we did in CS2. We just need to check in and close off a few loose threads, and maybe set up some new ones for the future. I think CS3 can do that well.

You'd also have thought that Emma would be the plot relevant main heroine considering who she is and her connection to Rean and the mystical elements of the story. But no, she's just a plot device that unlocks doors, directs arrows, and uses mind control on occasion. Can't even teleport with rose petals. Completely useless. May as well have just had Celine be there and cut Emma out entirely. Or just had Celine be a Tsundere witch and cut Emma out entirely. Yes, I'm still not over this. No, I'll never be over this until the writing team tell me why they took Emma in this direction of uselessness.

They added inferno to the PS4 version.

What kind of faggot uses healing items? Might as well just play on normal/easy. :^)

tfw she's a slut

I really don't get it, and it pisses me off how she got treated by the writers.

She is literally the most important non-Rean character and the least important non-Rean character AT THE SAME GODDAMN TIME.

And I just had to fall in love with that smile you just want to protect so much

Emma is the character I want to be important in CSIII the most, but she still hasn't even shown up in marketing.

I like Emma a fuckton. She was even the girl I first chose in my first playthroughs of both games.

But yeah, she's horribly underutilized. Even in their bonding events she comes off as more fit for Rean than Alisa.

I liked Emma's CSII scene a lot, though I liked some of her earlier bonding event scenes even more. I kind of felt of three girls who get a "I love you" hers was the most low-key, though.

Nothing will top Laura's, though. Goddamn.

Now I just want to imagine how much more emotional those scenes will get when SEAN CHIPLOCK LINES GET ADDED.

I loved a lot of Emma's CS2 scenes. Especially the one where Rean falls asleep and ends up with his head on her lap. She specifically says that she's there to guide and protect him and it's like "WHY ARE YOU NOT THE DEFAULT GIRL".

OH SHIT

I forgot about that. Goddamn, I'm gonna have to play them again on PC aren't I?

I liked that scene too. Hell I felt it was more romantic than their dorm scene, since the dorm scene was basically just "VITA VITA VITA"

No, all of her other conversations before head-lap were VITAVITAVITA. Dorm romance was at least "for once in my life, I'm happy to have this role," and "even if it goes against everything I've known in my life (the Witch's path), I will love you."

I wasn't planning on buying these games again. I've already done my customary two playthroughs. Then again, CS3 will require me to play through them again for a refresher… Goddammit, I talked myself into it.

I sometimes like to ask myself "Why didn't Emma bump into Rean in front of the lino flowers instead of Alisa?"

But then I realized if that happened, Rean would die from suffocation on the first day.

That would be the ultimate Monkey Paw. Emma becomes the main poster girl heroine…but she has Alisa's personality.

Emma having Alisa's personality would actually fit, considering she would have had her life suddenly forced to revolve around some guy in Erebonia she doesn't know. Then there's big sister Vita abandoning her causing her to lash out against others. I could see her resenting Rean a good deal before growing to like him.

This gypsy girl just asked you to go drinking with her. What do you do?

Let her drink me under the table and then get nothing out of it but a fun evening and a terrible morning after./

Tsundere Emma sounds funny.

Which series has more back tracking, Trails at its worst or Suikoden?

That is not what I wanted to see before I start Suikoden II.

It's not so bad in Suikoden 1/2 because the scene changes are so quick, but all the PS2 games had substantial load times, making all the backtracking a pain. Suikoden 5, while finally back to the formula of 1/2 is a much less enjoyable game, at least partially due to how shit the load times are.

Who just choked on her boobs for that matter. And considering she's the biggest of Class VII…

Given that the Hexen Clan's magical powers are pretty obviously granted by the Sept-Terrion(s) the "system" involving the knights is a part of, they might have some sort of inbuilt compulsion to follow their roles.

My theory for all of Cold Steel is that it's a big fucking loop. Erebonia's history is perfectly cyclical, as befits the Sept-terrion of Time. The same dramas play themselves out, with the same characters/actors being shuffled between roles. This is how it stands as an Eternal Empire, and would relate to its militancy, as they'd view struggle (which is itself entropy, therefore time) as the primary value, where the ancient Liber Arkists viewed privacy/self-guidedness ("having your own space", operative word being space) as the primary value. It is also how resurrection is in play, if the Sept-terrion can guide souls (it already manipulates the spirit veins, as the knights show), it could theoretically guide them back, or do a temporary rewind.

Given that all of Kiseki is a deconstruction/reconstruction of the Graham Hancock/Xenogears ancient civilization tropes, this shit is probably going to relate to the core themes in an obvious way.

That kind of reminds me of the elves from Kingdoms of Amalur, where they live out the same legends in constant cycles as a tradition, either with the same elves or with someone new taking the role. I guess Trails' cycles are a lot more lax since I think I remember Vita mentioning there only being two Divine Knights "this time" but still being able to serve their purpose.

Has anyone found the music from this video?
I've been told it isn't in the vita version.

Ignore my stupid ass, I thought the PS4 version was out.

Hopefully they add at least one intercept arena for each major area. No lie though, those raptor swarms endgame are brutal.

I wonder if a shitstorm will happen when the 3rd gets released. It seems pretty tame for now. I guess we can expect some NeoFags crying?

You mean about being PC only? That's been ongoing.

I was thinking about "that" scene. Something actually big than retarded people asking for a 2017 release on a dead console.

Personally I think the game is a bit too niche for people to get up in arms about.

I think those people jumped ship already due to step-sibling "incest". I know good ol' nasty cockslut Linkara did a video on TitS. Didn't watch it, but the title card told me enough.

Apparently he only played FC, complained about the "incest" and said "7/10 was okay meh." I think it was like a Patreon reward review too or something like that.

Working on my FFMPEG this week, mainly with GIFs I needed to cut down in size. Can't figure out what's up with 8-color GIFs not converting 1-to-1.

Gu4n and omgfloofy will likely counter the stupidest arguments on GAF since they have accounts there. Basically anyone who's played and loved SC will understand the context of most Doors immediately. I'm more concerned some reviewer out there (betting odds on VentureBeat) will intentionally misinterpret the game's writing or play the game without having done FC and/or SC.

He clearly didn't care much for it anyway.

Bets on Aurelia being part of the Reanbowl?

Aurelia and Arianrhod are probably both in Victorbowl.

Sara too, so there is some overlap.

*unsheathes scythe*

Dealing with her shit on nightmare that edge is more than accurate

Brave souls.

Oh i did, took me more than a few attempts to hit his s-craft before her intro-scythe skill went of (why did it have to be immediatly) since i always got bad rng with the insta-kill chance and the damage it does on nightmare reduced everyone else to near death

Crazy fool even brought Tita. Don't know what kind of loadout he was packing, but it must've been pretty wild.

Tita is actually okay for that fight because her orbal set up pretty much automatically gives her Earth Shield (or whatever the AOE earth wall is called), which you can time to fill in between Kevin's Grail spams. The fight isn't that hard as long as you can get rid of the fucking archaisms in the first two rounds.

She actually instakilled everyone except Joshua in the first turn when i first played as i had no idea she could do THAT, i used the revive/full cp item on Kloe, immediately used her s craft to revive everyone, followed by Joshua's all map multikill s-craft and later on death scream, after that it was easy and Tita is pretty good with her 3500 hp heal skill.

Prepare to die. My liver is not going to be able to handle all that alcohol.

I could never figure out how to use Tita. I just figured she was field enemy crowd control or something and never used her due to her low health.

Tita + Petrify or Freeze do wonders with a bit of luck. Also give her items to increase her range so she doesn't need to get close to enemies.

But yeah. she isn't too good unless you need to fight a large group of enemies.

I've heard she becomes really good in the 3rd after a craft that lets your play with a mecha instead.

Tita has crazy tech for someone who's funding consists of a weekly allowance. She has a fucking Kill Sat! I didn't even know Zemuria had a space program.

Next she builds a Death Star and conquests Zemuria.

What are the odds the next Ys game is a remake of Kefin?
What are the odds we'll go back to solo adol adventures

Aidios of the Sky. AKA Moonbase goddess.

What are the odds there actually is an ancient Zemurian / Ouroboros moonbase?

One in One. The role of Aidios is a living woman who interfaces with the control system that governs all 7 treasures and was previously filled by Lena.

I want to see Kefin be remade, but I'd also like to see 1 and 2 remade as well. They're sitting on three remake worthy games so one of them is going to happen soon I hope. Just hope it doesn't get nabbed by NISA.

Just gotta set-up OBS and I can start a pipeline for Falcom sound WebMs.

Kefin takes priority since I'm not sure if Falcom knows how it wants to remake I & II. They could go with a mid-2000s Ys style (since that followed the bump system) for a trip back to Esteria or use the most recent style. I bet they could do a lot with I & II bosses while avoiding the battle concepts used in Origin, but it's really a matter of how they see the Esteria story, as nostalgia wank or Adol's formative tale which can be reinterpreted in various ways. I wouldn't mind if they update Darm Tower's floors to reflect the stratification from Origin, or expand the Palace into a more distinct, less maze-y place. But they're going to play things safe with a I & II remake at some point.

Ys V simply needs a remake with most if not all of the pre-production story materials which didn't get into the SFC release. Xandria and the Phantom City both deserve a lot of exploration and fun dungeons/bosses vs. what happened in '95.

Ys already has two prominent moons to speak of, and I bet one's gotta be where the sublimated Eldeen migrate to over time. If any Falcom series goes to the moon, it's Ys.

That would be pretty nice. They are the only games that didn't receive a proper 3D remake, DS version not counting. Also, I think this is the next remake that we should expect after Ys V. Remastering Ys Origin seems to indicate that Falcom already starts preparing for it. After all why would they bring attention to that game after all these years?

Origin more or less is.

The majority of Nayuta no Kiseki takes place on pretty much exactly what you describe, a winged ancient race's magical ancient moon sized colony that can open like a flower.

Those UIs are so quaint, I love it.

That's preposterous. The Moon system is controlled by the Witches and is what grants them their powers.

One thing I like about TitS FC/SC is that pretty much every character is viable. You just have to learn how to use Tita.

I did play on normal though.

The same definetly can't be said of Cold Steel. Rean, Laura, Sara, Fie, and Emma are the best and most useful, hands down. They make the others irrelevant.

Which brings up a question I've meant to ask for awhile. Do you prefer a more structured approach to story like in FC and CS where your Party is mostly broken down for you which allows for more specialized events and dialogue? Or is the freedom of being able to choose your party more important to you, like in SC and CS II?

So Beryl has amber eyes and is a genius. D-G cult test subject?

Sara should be replaced with Jusis, who gives every important buff for free.

I chose Sara for speed and big damage output. Jusis has the third highest ATS behind Elliot I think, and I believe you're referring to Noble Command for the buffs. He is damn good and fills up my sixth slot, but what do you mean by free?

True.

Fie does funny things to my nether regions so I did not mind using her in every battle.

Them having her be your designated evasion tank helped a lot with her appeal. I want to lick that belly

I like to choose my part members, like if I can I will always have Laura and Fie in my party. Fie because speed and you can make her evade almost everything in late game, and Laura for pure damage output and she's best girl.
Not to mention when you slap Rean with a bunch of quartz that add a myriad of status effects to enemies A low change, sure, but when there's multiple one is bound to hit makes the game a breeze. Fourth member rotates to whoever. Sharon is a favourite when she's available, but if she's not I go for Elliot, just for the healing.

I like the interactions that come from fixed parties like CS1. Plus they keep gameplay from being too stale by forcing me to mix it up.

What healing? If you're using Rean and Fie properly, your enemy should barely be able to move.

It also helps that Fie is the best sepith grinder in both games. Stick her with Scepter and the vein quartz and you can have everyone's slots fully open by exams.

Will CSIII have more head pets?

You can bet all his girl students will be, especially Altina. But I really want to see him try to headpat Leguin

Honestly, I think that is all she needs. Get that I need to be better than Vander and Arseid outta here she just wants a headpat

I think she'll compete with Olivert for Mueller.

Mueller is pure, stop this.

That doesn't mean Olivert isn't trying. Besides, that comment about impaling him on the embassy flagpole might have been a euphemism.

Sad thing is, Victor and Zechs doing that, especially Victor, will probably be how that resolves.

Did anyone else see the announcement about NISA's translation of TOCS3? It's now called "Flashy Paths 3," and will feature such fan favorites as Line Shwanzer, Bluewhite the Ghoststealer, Rando Orlandy and Doge the Wallmemer.

It's not April 1st, user. Who are you trying to fool?

I did see Chunk Widebody and Twiggy Slims in Akiba's Beat tho. Them and Mippity Mop.

I want to see if I can make XSEED cry again.

After CS2 I'm finding that I see headpats everywhere now. Maybe they were always there but I've never noticed them.

Have they ever translated something to that bad of a degree? Admittedly my only experience with them is Danganronpa and Disgaea 3 and 4, and those seemed alright.

I can't even tell who these are supposed to be.

I like XSeed but those are horrible names. I get that they're supposed to be funny in Japanese but you can at least try to be funny than that while keeping the meaning. It's like naming a character Beef McLargehuge because he has muscles and his Japanese name means "I'm muscular".

"Mippity Mop" sounds weird for a rabbit-themed character. Especially the "Mop", it sounds like a sad mascot character.

I don't mind the KKK to ACQ change, though. Tom said they just asked Acquire if KKK meant anything so that they could probably keep it, but Acquire just went ahead and changed it. So all that gets from me is a shrug.

You must be the newest of newfags then.

I'm not him, but I cannot recognize who Rando Orlandy is supposed to be. I know that Doge the Wallmemer is supposed to be Dogi the Wallcrusher.

I don't mind it either and I ultimately think Tom is throwing a huge tantrum over nothing by requesting he be removed from all credits in the future. I like that he's anti-censorship, but those ideals can be amplified into kneejerk reactions over nonissues.

To those of you who have played it, how energetic is Dana's OST? I realize it's on youtube and all but I kind of don't want to spoil myself on the music.
I just want to know, is the fire area track as great as Scarlet Tempest?

Rando Orlandy is Randy Orlando, one of the four main characters of Zero and Ao

He also might be in CSIII if the leaks are to be believed.

Dammit, I didn't want to have to read the story of the Crossbell games, but I'm starting to feel that pressure. Has there been any update on the the Zero ft?

Maybe I'm weird but I only play games that I can understand. Until someone finally shits out a fan TL I'm staying away from Ao.

I know from experience that learning about how many games there are that will be "baka gaijin never ever" just leads to depression.

Nope. The creators said they wanted Sky 3rd to be out first, at any rate. Randy has some interesting ties to Fie, and his cousin may very well be an Enforcer by CSIII. I bit the bullet and just read as much of the plot of the Crossbell games as I could, because I seriously doubt the fan translation for both will be out by the time CSIII comes out in English, and it's pretty clear they're gonna dig heavy into the Crossbell stuff.

Fan translation is going to never ever XSEED is going to buy it and distribute it the way they did Napishtim.

I updated this a bit. Switched out a few minor characters (Carna to Aurelia and Margarita to Kurt specifically) for some new CSIII characters and updated some to CSIII art where possible (Towa and Altina switched to CSIII art, while Juna and Green Hair got updated portraits).

Rollan for Rufus.

rollan

You got Matsuki Miyu instead.

A cat is fine too.

Ehh, fine. I'm bored.

Huh. I actually have been wondering what she'll be up to. Last we saw of her was sleeping off attempted suicide at Jusis' house. I'm sure if she's heard Osbourne is alive she's going to go berserk at some point. Or it could have happened during the time skip.

Did they announce whether her name will be PC or Steam/GOG Clotilde?

Did you have a stroke?

Roll

Anything but Millium

I am also curious. She might join the Reanbowl. Plus, with more Gralsritter stuff and her past some interesting things might come up.

Welcome to the Bara genre.

Alisa is almost as bad.

Fan TL coming 2025.

rollin

rolling

Her name was Vita and the game was on Vita.

Medio.

Maybe he'll finally get something to do in CSIII.

I don't think Dana even has a fire area. At least, I can't recall any tracks that scream fire area.

roll

Maybe we'll finally find out about Elie's church background in CSIII.

Gen D'Armes, the bigass mountain, is the fire/ice area.

It was also on PS3, excuse my lack of underetanding your dad joke

*understanding
It's my turn to stroke out

Wasn't my joke, check the IDs. :^) Also, I know.

Can someone edit the "Were you hiding a game from me" comic so at the end he's wearing Vita's dress?

Oh boy!

Wait…what!?

review copy

Goddamn you.

Oh yeah, it looks like (bugs that also exist on Windows aside) The 3rd runs fine on WINE using my Nihon-Falcom prefix. If any folks want some help getting it working when it launches, I can definitely help.

Kevin is the masketta man.

Holla Forums is jew free they said

Rolling

And I got either a robot or some Tomoko lookalike.

Beryl. We don't know what she is yet, only that she's…something.

You two are just jealous

I wish i could kill him though

why not

Not bad, user.

Bracing for disappointment, just like with release dates.

HURRAY

Considering lena is teasing Cassius during this whole scene, why do I get the feeling that Estelle's conception may have been just as retarded as most of what Cassius does.
He had fought Ragnard before having Estelle so I can't help but imagine Cass flying down on Ragnard to give Lena the D would certainly be a fitting way too woo a goddess

Zin is my favorite TiTS character.

I want to try as well.

Zin is pretty good, but he can't be my favorite when Estelle exists.

Zin is a small guy name. Zane is a name fit forU such a big guy.

One can say that Zane is an inzanely good name for a big guy

I wonder if we'll see her again in CSIII.

He's pretty chill.

I hope your liver is prepared.

steamcommunity.com/games/251290/announcements/detail/1298570064323397716

In case you don't know, even 2 and 3 years later, these games keep getting updated.

Recently there has been a patch to even improve the FMVs. Sara is a blessing.

They still plan to improve things.
THEY STILL PLAN TO IMPROVE THINGS

This videogame company fills me with hope. I love them.

That's Cassius.

I'm waiting for the reveal that Rean is an artificial child made from Osbourne and Cassius' DNA.

Duh, gotta get the games ready for the Complete Trilogy Editions and such.

What's the name of Cold Steel 2's title screen music? I can't find it.

Forward, Relentlessly

What the fuck dude!

Didn't they say they were touching up the fmvs? They said it would be a big download.

I guess this might be the big update or close to it.

The 3rd is a very interesting Trails game.

Damn, that's a great mood setter. Thanks, user.

What outlet are you with? Rainfall? Niche?

this took too long to make

Requesting one of the socks having PC as name and the 3rd inside, while the other one has the PSP name on it, a tomb with the defunction date of the PSP and a "reality check" gift card.

So I've been replaying Cold Steel and just got to the part when Rean meets Misty and figures out she's Vita. She says she feels like they've met before (as in before they met in Heimdallr), then goes on to say something like "but maybe that's 'you'." Is she talking about Osbourne? Whatever's mixed with Rean? Valimar?

How much harder is 3rd compared with SC and FC? Also, if you completed SC, how much stuff carries over to this part?

She says, but it's 'you' isn't it.
The inference is strongly connected to meeting him before, so it could possibly be referring to whatever mixed in him or via Osborne (she might have known Rean as a kid or had a hand or knowledge of what is mixed in him, however it seems unlikely it's a referral to those since she'd likely remember meeting him.
The apostrophes around you do hint towards it being representative of something, since we've been told Rean's ogre form is going out of control it's possible she was talking to it instead.
It's possible if theories like are true she could be referring to him as the next incarnation, but Vita is only 24.

A potential connection is that in the Japanese version when Osborne leaves Rean in the snow Rean's name is also put in apostrophes, as far as I can remember these are the only two instances where this happens, who knows, maybe they'll pull some crazy shit where the ogre was originally dominant and Rean's the 'fake' or something.
Equally she could have been spying on him via Emma or Celine similar to what happened with Joshua.
Honestly, there's just too many possibilities for what it could be, personally it's probably the snipped of dialogue I've agonised over the most in this whole bloody game

Yeah that line got me too. I have absolutely no idea what the implications are.

leak when?

I think a techraptor user posts here.

shit i left the flag on

I start my 40 hour a week job on Monday, It would make my weekend if it came out early. It's not like I still wouldn't buy it too. I just wanna play it now.

Given all the Xenogears references that would not be a surprise in the slightest. Also, I'm fairly certain Gaius and Rean were at one point one character. Gaius is a painter, like Fei, and his father is named Lacan, who is Fei's previous incarnation, as well as Grahf. Also, Gaius looks more like Osbourne than Rean does.

I think this same user has posted before when he got a review copy and didn't leak it so I wouldn't hold your breath. Not that I'd expect him to.

Not necessarily him. But he couldn't have been the only person who got one.

Why would you want the 3rd to get leaked? That could affect the sales.

Because I want to play it before I don't have time to play it, and as I said I'm gonna buy it anyway. Also, the game comes out on GoG. It's going to be up on torrents as soon as it comes out anyway. That's just a reality of the Internet.

FUCK XXXSEED :^^^^^^^^^^)

>Also, Gaius looks more like Osbourne than Rean does.

There's a simple explanation for that. There's only two face types in the jump to 3-D, male and female. The most simple indication would be the eyes. Rean and Elliot are the only two males with female faces, while Gaius and the other person you mentioned have male faces.

It's actually the hair more than anything.

I really hope they go back to character portraits for CS3 but I doubt it.

So the two Titans mentioned in the first black history are most likely the two Sept-Terrions in Erebonia, one of them is definitely Flame, is the other confirmed?

I should get around to NG+. But Persona 5 and The 3rd in 5 days.

I'm in the same boat. Just save NG+ for the PC version with Rean fully voiced. Yes, I'm telling you to play it twice.

Why can't bracers be a real profession?

What would be the real life equivalent?

private eye/bounty hunter/martial arts instructor/maintenance man all at once. I knew a guy like that, he was in his 40s and fat and dated college girls. It was strange.

Bracers just sound cool though.

Mexican immigrants but with an union and more skilled and dependable.

Bracers would be… Huh, I honestly can't think of a real world equivalent. They're very versatile, only answer to public requests, and are known for their combat prowess. They're some mixture of rangers(controlling wildlife population to protect populated areas) and some sort of all around handymen(expanding duties from saving cats to fixing lighthouses to… stopping coups). But also mercenaries, I suppose. And a public defense force of some kind. There is no real world equivalent due to their focus on combat prowess and well… just think about if there were. It's kind of scary.

Why can't people accept that they are wrong?

I don't know if my toaster will be able to run it tbh.

Seeing Fie as a bracer is going to be great.

I'm excited to see her adult form to be perfectly honest. Maybe her travels gave her some more personality too.

It hasn't been that long since CS2 ended and CS3 begins. She's going to be the upper end of being a teenager. Since we don't have birthdays in these games, she starts out at 15. I'd assume at some point in 2 or in the small gap between 1 and 2 she turns 16. One and a half year gap between 2 and 3 and she's 17 maybe 18.

It's a new PC port, so whoever's porting CS1 hopefully is adding graphics options to the config.

Carna or a ranged Bracer like her would be the deadliest shot around. Orbal bullets don't seem to pierce organic flesh, but our bullets do.

Dropping in to tell you Dorothy is the Grandmaster of Ouroboros.

My uncle works at Falcom.

To add on, she will be revealed during the Second Act of CSIII.

seems legit
sage because you guys are cancer

bumping thread for personal interest

Fuck off pirate scum.

Did you miss the part where I said I was buying it?

You will NOT get the leaked version! SC barely sold anything and the third game will sell even less.

I'd wager it's one of the Gralsritter. Maybe even the Pope himself.

Mayor Maybelle is in fact the grandmaster.

There was a quip somewhere in a thread that the Grandmaster is actively involved and has been part of the first 4 games.

They can't mean every game because I don't think there's a single female character in every game.

That makes no fucking sense.

Barely sold anything on Steam. Or did you forget about GOG?

I've actually got a theory about that. It seems like the Orbal Revolution made war much more violent (because of the forces that could be controlled) but also less deadly, given the availability of orbal healing techniques. This is why it seems like war is more of a game of capture the flag.

It's fascinating that this faggot is still going at it. Every time I see a steam forum discussion about any falcom game he's there being a condescending "I know things that you don't listen to me plebs !!!!" retard, yet he gets BTFO every time. A genuine, modern age, "my dad works at Nintendo" mongoloid.

16. That's the youngest you can be to apply to the Bracer Guild. FC starts in 1202. CS II ends in March of 1205 and CSIII takes place 1.5 years later, so let's assume late 1206. She's either 19 and on the cusp of 20 or just turned 20 by the time we see her.

He said the first four, the TitS trilogy and Zero. First people that come to mind are Estelle and Kloe.

Are we really assuming GOG gave it a good enough bump to matter?

I believe it. The amount of blood shed in spite of all of the violence has been too ridiculous to believe otherwise.

The queen is the Grandmaster.

In CS1 she's 15, user. I know you need to be 16 to be a junior bracer

Unless you jumped the conversation to Estelle, for some reason.

Fuck, I that image tripped me up. I thought he was referring to Estelle.

There is no Grandmaster. It's an AI that interfaces with human women (the Goddess). Aidios holy symbols are the bird and the dragon. Subtract the bird from the dragon and you get the snake. Ergo, the Grandmaster is the earthbound form of the Goddess.

Further, we can defer to Trail's biggest influence, Xenogears, for this exact dichotomy the winged RED HAIRED Elly vs. Miang, whose name as the final boss is, get this, Ouroboros.

Wait, is Rean older than Estelle?

I would have asked for a refund but it was free.

It makes perfect sense. It's the person the characters in-game would least suspect.

Neither of them make sense. I still say it's Lena and she's Aidios. That or it's Aidios and they're being cheeky because Aidios is mentioned in every game.

They are about the same age. There is no more than a years difference between them, I'm pretty sure.

It's Estelle and Lena, because being MiangAidios is genetically transferable.

Trips don't lie.

Rean : "A changeling, huh."
FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED.

The website for 3rd just went up: trailsinthesky.com/3rd/

Still some typos to sort out.

It's all ogre for Zane.

Huh…we seeing the same website? lol

It's a girl, user. Sara's gf. You should check how the thread ends, literally "I'm not wrong because I'm not wrong look how great I'm and how bad you are haha"

steamcommunity.com/app/251150/discussions/0/490123197952348165/?ctp=3

Wow, a woman being a dumb cunt. Who ever could have foreseen this?

IT'S SO CLOSE

Another gigantic patch.

>Sara's gf

Ex

WHY ARE "DYKES" SO FUCKING DUMB?

Angelica Autist, you're showing again.

OH SHIT

Shut the hell up Sara. Stop living with your fucking exes.

tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_2

As I said last week, PLAYABLE BLUEBLANC

Will CSIII have an anime intro?

I really hope they keep the original intro style.

I like how open the team is. It feels like an old school fan project. But who lives with their ex? Jeez, Louise. Sara should come stay with me.

Holy Toledo, is this real?!

And there's still no page on gog for trails 3rd. I hope there's no issues.

Yep, someone datamined CS2, it turns out there there were plans for a bunch more Phantasmal Mirrors at one point.

People who can't make rent on their own income and expected it to last.

CSIII will undoubtedly include them and be absolutely massive.

I don't know Sera enough, so maybe I'm wrong, but I had this feeling that she didn't have a job. She plays MMOs a lot, loses a lot of time in online fights, takes care of the house… I still remember when she went full shill defending the atrocious FFVI PC port. Always trying to counter every single complain about that PC port on the Steam forums while joining threads about how good the PC port looks like, but it was always the same few users circlejerking.

Also Sara is in the "SA goons" Steam group. Not Sera but I feel there could be some weird connections there. She really feels like a goon to me. She evn went as far as saying the usual bullshit against GamerGate because "well while the DeepFreeze site shows a lot of men, the women usually have more infractions therefore is an attack on women". Yeah, because if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't have said "see how many women appear in the site, they are attacking women!"

They could actually easily be added into CS2, if someone decided to.

Also Olivert

C'mon dude, you know what's really going on.

I do hope it is absolutely fuckhuge and connected like Dana was.

Who is this baby faced faggot?

The Fourth Anguis.

No, I don't.

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the intenet and pretend they're female?
Anyone got the >she webm?

Honestly, what the fuck is this obssesion with that? If she says she's a girl, it's a girl, unless there are signs that she could be lying. Even if it's true by any chance… who the fuck cares?

Yeah user, it's the current year.

I empathize with you, Olivert.

>not Vita
It's like you didn't do a single Bond event for her. Nor do you acknowledge Falcom's fetish for sibling pseudo-incest.

Too bad Vita is addicted to cock.

>implying the Aria of the Abyss isn't lesbian conversion
>implying The Azure Abyss isn't what she calls her blue waffle

Its like waking up from a bad dream, AAA almost killed everything I loved.

So why isn't Cold Steel 3 being dual released in English?

Because Falcom is small company and this shit takes time.
At least now we know it will happen.

Most of the people telling everyone FC would be the only Trails game released on English were people who learned Japanese then grew a superiority complex because only then could enjoy certain games that are not translated.

The simple idea that the rest of us, poor mortals, could enjoy these games, hurts (for real) their pride, as in "wow I didn't need to learn Japanese all along, then why did I do this?"

This is why when the Ys games were released here, they stated the IP was now utter shit since "English only speakers" can enjoy them.

This is why we have been getting "[random title] Kiseki never ever!" for the last years every single time.

Sad
I'd probably only learn the language if I visited the country so that I could enjoy thr arcades.

I just can't rationalize learning Jap to play video games to myself. If I ever planned on going to Japan I'd learn to get by conversationally, but fuck that language. A logographic writing system with three scripts!? Fuck that!

Honestly, it sounds way harder than it actually is. Hiragana and Katakana are easy as hell.

Maybe so, but my main problem is the logographs. Figuring it out for one script would be hard enough, but balancing two others as well? I feel like it'd take me a minute just to read a single sentence and make sure I understood it. God only knows how I'd fare listening to it and grasping for context clues. I can't do it, not for video games.

They couldn't even get Persona 5 to dual release. How the fuck would CSIII?

Japanese companies have to know that their game are selling overseas, so why aren't they planning releases with that in mind?

The fact that TX and Ys VIII do have dual audio makes me think Falcom is making sure we can get this feature in their next games.

Ys VIII has dual audio. TX is Jap only.

Because they don't care. Western audiences aren't usually the target demo, so Japs don't care if they get it later. Western releases are just extra money to them. Final Fantasy XV for example was made with an international audience in mind, you can tell in its themes and aesthetic, not only due to the popularity of the franchise but likely to recoup on the losses of its turbulent delay.

As soon as they start thinking about an overseas market, is when the suits will come in and ruin something for the sake of getting those dollars. You need only look to movies to see how badly that can turn out, we're far better off being an after thought so the Jap's can concentrate on making games for their audiences and we can continue to wait a few months.

Under 30 hours left

Just about to clear Cold Steel again. Dance with Fie, Sara or Towa?

Sara. Sara best cake.

whichever one is your waifu of course. But Towa's conclusion is pretty weak though.

So it's expected at noon rather than midnight?

Sara.

store.steampowered.com/app/436670/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky_the_3rd/

Where is the gog version?!

Well, of those three pick Sara.

Since we are past 300 replies, I'll make a new thread later. Aside from the obvious news (the 3rd is here, CS for PC yaddha yaddha), anything I should add?

Just remember to make it when this hits page 13. Also, Agate and Tita confirmed for CS3.

Good on you for looking at the OS instead of understanding its just PC in general you mega autist

I need a good 100% completion guide for SC.
I want to carry all my BP and shit into the third game.

Please help me Holla Forums!

Wow, Cold Steel and Persona 5 are both really similar. For instance, Cold Steel 1 ends with a cat forcing you to go to sleep against your will.

gamefaqs.com/pc/979867-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-sc/faqs/72569?single=1

Well, who could this be?

It's Tita.

Here's the page it's from

And motherfucking Agate.

MUH

Only 20 hours left.

til what?

3rd.

Don't put the "don't forget to buy the games" shit. That's fucking pathetic.

Angelica Autist, are you really calling anything else pathetic after the shows you've put on?

Your attempt to force namefaggery doesn't make giant blatant redtext shilling any less transparent, friendly XSEED employee. Shouldn't you be patching ten year old games or something? :^)

I wish Josette wouldn't wear this stupid golf cap.

The golf cap only makes it better.

I just realized the Angelica autist has 62 fucking posts in the thread. There have only been 324 posts as of this post.

It's an abstract kind of feel.

That's only slightly less than one-fifth.

You're so DAMN obvious every thread we can't not know it's you.

You are pure cancer.

Who the fuck is Angelica Autist?

There was a time where he'd go into any thread that mentioned Trails and would scream about "TRAILS OF CUCKED STEEL" and complain about how lesbians take women from him or something. He especially ranted about Angelica, and posting a pic of her would send him into a fit. We can tell it's him because he goes off the exact same way every time, but he hates getting called out on his past faggotry.

Would you believe that this is the first time I've ever heard of this? And I've been in most of these threads. I'm a bit retarded, I know

Still, what a pain in the ass.

It's almost as if she's blowing shit out of proportion and mythologizing a goddamn general thread.

I think he started around the turn of year. It started out funny to watch him become more incoherent the more he posted, then it became pitiful, then he saged and shilled the PS4Pro for a few weeks, and now he tries to act normal. But then he gets triggered and reveals himself. It's why I keep this on hand.

Good God what the fuck

I just got done replaying CS1 and I actually liked her this time. Don't know how that happened.

Speaking of worrying things, I'm surprised that there's still no GOG page up.

Angelica is pretty insufferable.

The only thing I liked about her was when she confronted her Dad/Uncle (forgot) and became a stronk womens.

11 HOURS
H
O
U
R
S

You are overworrying

Be afraid of the Cassius fight.

Very, very afraid.

Is he worse than Lorence(Loewe)?

Way worse.

Cool! Looking forward to suffering through that fight. It will take awhile, though. I need to finish SC first.

I just mean that it won't be up til later today, they tweeted yesterday that it would take a bit longer for the GOG/Humble pages to go up.

Falcom, guide my penis!

Vita is gorgeous. I honestly hope she returns at some point. I did like her personality too.

SATAN, GUIDE MY COCK

I will trade you my Claire for your Agate.

Rest in peace then, user. May the next life better be for you. I don't know much, if anything about Claire, except that she might be from one of CS or from some Japan only title.

She's from CS. She's quite sweet too.

3rd soon. Does anyone have the JP voice files we can use like for the first two?

Rollan.

Claire is a fucking Fed. Hiss Libertarian Ouroboros

Looks like the game just got released early by mistake

gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_the_3rd

humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd

Made me look.

She's just Alisa's granddad to a different level because she's younger and attractive as fuck. It doesn't help that Alisa's granddad is also the one who taught her.

She's actually just Kloe completely inverted.

I thought he was doing it ironically because he was triggered that CS3 was PS4 only. It was about the same time and since the PS4Pro is the latest he latched on to that. That and the way he worded everything set off the "I'm just doing this to get (you)s" alarm.

Sounds more like blind consumerism than shilling. Consoles are the #1 issue in games; giving the scumbag corporate bastards at nintendo, microsoft and sony your money is actively reinforcing their bad behavior. All these wonderful nip games coming to PC is excellent and i can only hope burgers and nips alike can give up consoles for good. I still feel like handhelds can have their place but they'll never be as commonplace as a phone.

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

Sorry, I have to leave right now and by the time I will be have come back, the thread could be deleted.

It's up on Steam now, lads, still waiting for GOG/Humble unlocks. Be sure to refresh the cart to get the discount to show up if it doesn't.