Peak Performance

Have you noticed any little things that affect your gaming performance?
My eyes are shit. I seem to play better when I'm wearing contacts vs. when I wear my glasses. I'm not sure if it's due to the distortion of the lenses, dust and scratches, or what, but I guess some things that I don't consciously notice can be a distraction or impediment subconsciously.

I can not aim
either overshoot or undershoot
been playing FPS games for 20 years
still can't aim when it comes to other players

casual

Post mamizous

you're not casual if you play all the other games that other people play yet can't aim. I mean I'm better than kids but it's luck I survive in cs:go or if I have to counter-snipe in anything.

Why does leaf = megane?

What else can I think of.
Masturbating decreases my performance and makes me feel all around a little foggy in the head, but it's not until a full day after I stop fapping before I notice the clearer mental state.
Alcohol either makes me suck hard, or occasionally turns me into a drunken berserker.
My best performances are either when I wake up on a day off and play the entire day, or when I've had a bit to drink early in the evening then sober up as the night goes on.

forgot pic

The more fun I'm having, the better I play.
I know, it sounds pretty fucking generic, but that's how many sports people claim it works for them, and I found it to be true in most cases with vidya too.
Like going into a CSGO competitive match with a tryhard attitude > play like absolute ass > assume it's lost so I take on a carefree attitude > start actually enjoying it > top the scoreboard > carry and win (Or alternatively: realize about my sudden change in ability and thus break the placebo effect, reverting the whole thing to stage 1).

This is just one example, it applies to any genre with some degree of technical skill.

The harder I try, the shittier I perform. The only time I do decently is when I completely give up any hopes of not being a shitter, then I get surprised at how well I'm doing and go back to being shit.
Also, for some reason I'm really fucking good at fighting games when I'm drunk, but otherwise I'm abysmal at them.

I am the greatest team player and the worst solo player.

Now it should be noted that I am not a bad player of any game by any means. I'm definitely better than the average player in any game that I get my hands on. But I have no dedication to make myself great at any game - in a one-on-one game where knowledge of the meta and reflexes are necessary, a great player will always kick my ass.

But team matches? I'm really fucking good at those - especially if some sort of support roles exist in the game. God forbid a game give me the option to tactically buff and heal, or deliver AoE attacks at the drop of a hat. If the average player has a skill of "5" and mine is "7", in the average team match, I can stand against a team of "8"s or "9"s with a "5" or "6" as help.

I love being a support.

i will never not support, i want to drink the salty tears of my enemy's while i stand around and watch my buffed to hell team shit stomp them.

bump

When i'm immersed i tend to perform so well nobody can beat me on most shooters. Of course, modern shooters are so trash i'm rarely immersed.

About 4 years ago I fractured my wrist after slipping on ice while cleaning off my car. I never had it looked at, and now whenever I use a mouse in a game for a few hours I get severe pain in my wrists. I used to just play through it, but whenever I was done my wrist was so fucked up I could barely pick up small objects. Since then I've had to use a controller while gaming on PC. I've tried a trackball but it doesn't help the pain much and they're not great for games. I've stopped playing multiplayer entirely. I can't even play RTS games. Now I know what hell is like.

I perform best after I jack off. Might be different for me since I have ADHD.

I had a similar experience with my back, now I can't sit at the computer for any extended period and while I can type OR mouse, I can't use the mouse and keyboard simultaneously for more than a few minutes.
RIP massive PC library. Enter consoleplebe status.

you probably cracked your bone and you're making it worse by stressing it. Go to a doctor

I hope that is a joke conversation because i felt sorry for the guy on top like the faggot i am

Not sure. I've never really found a game that I could play long enough to really master it, or at least git gud at.
I never get that "in the zone" feeling anymore, where you destroy fucking everything around you and it feels like you know exactly what is going to happen 2 or 3 seconds before they actually happen.

I will never understand people like you

I always liked playing medic in TF2 and making sure at least everyone around me was overhealed. I guess it was a combination of it being easy and if the player in front of you fucks up you can always just go to the next player because the game is casual as fuck.

These days though I feel that trying to play team-based games may as well be a waste of time if you don't have a dedicated group to play with. I don't know what it is, but it feels like pubbies are getting more retarded and I end up being more frustrated than anything else.

Were you playing Touhou, OP?

Same. I don't do well after jacking off either. I am noticeably slower and worse and I have to get myself worked up by consciously switching my brain into high gear, breathing a bit faster, really just try to focus (slightly angry but focused) or do physical exercise until i'm foaming at the mouth from the strain, then I'm usually good to play again.

Are you calmer when drunk?
Ridding oneself of desperation and fear of defeat is big boost in competitive games.

itching, being hungry, spiders

Just discovered a new one yesterday that I'm not sure I should be happy about. I'm a water and coffee guy, but I had a soda for the first time in ages and my brain immediately kicked into overdrive, and I started kicking ass in my game. I don't remember the last time I felt that lucid, that alive. It wasn't even caffeinated, it was a ginger ale. The effects lasted into the next day.
I've been a really healthy eater for a long time but I don't know if I'm going to be able to resist the call of the sugar high after that.

No, squids.

Disable mouse acceleration?

There's no such thing as sugar rush, it was just placebo user.

Small amounts of alcohol can improve play. It's even banned as a performance enhancing drug in competitive shooting.

Maybe, but I very rarely eat or drink any sugary foods these days, so I think it could have a real effect.

It's an influx of glucose in your blood that causes your mental performance to increase for a short period of time. Not a "rush" in a traditional sense, but it does bring you to a higher level, if only for 20 minutes or so.

it could be a multitude of things

1) Shit mouse

2) Shit mousepad

3) You're aiming by trying to put your crosshair over the enemy, not by heart. You need to feel out your crosshair and aim with it as though it's an extension of your body.

4) No practice - you need to find a game with proper raw input and hammer your shots.

5) Bad sensitivity - some people have bad habits of playing on insanely high sens, and some have a habit of having it crazy slow. You need a comfortable point. Neither extreme is good.

Playing a match of CS after a long warmup makes you feel like picrelated

Not getting enough sleep. Back when I played stepmania, even if I didn't feel missing a couple hours of sleep, it would result in a significant difference in my accuracy. As I improved and did the harder stuff (was up to 12 keys/sec at my peak) the accuracy difference from cutting sleep became dramatic. It also shows up when programming where I can't write 100 lines without having some major logic error when running on low sleep.

lmao I play with a chinese 5 dollar mouse that keeps disconnecting and no mousepad at all and I can wipe the floor with my opponents. Gaming input devices are a meme and you know it.

This, also, I've noticed morale impacts the performance by a certain margin as well.