All my friends have had MOBA-only disease but now they only play this. Is it total shit or is there some fun to be had?

All my friends have had MOBA-only disease but now they only play this. Is it total shit or is there some fun to be had?

Streamer-bait DayZ-without-zombie Early-Access garbage. Having normalfag friends is one thing, but why care about the video games they play?

You could have just taken a look at one of the dozen faggots on youtube playing it and come to the same conclusion if you weren't a fag.

Pretty much what this user said. Unless you're a fan of the DayZ clone genre, avoid it.

What this user said, kill your friends.

It's the next big game that will stay tehre for years, right now it's a bit too campfest, but it's the most intense game I've played in a while once there are only ~20 guys left.

its like somebody went back and remade h1z1s arena mode in arma
so yeah, its trash

Fixed that for you.

Another Battle Royale clone.

Wanna bet?

It's all that ever fucking comes out for multiplayer nowadays isn't it? I should just get into tabletop RPGs since it's clear there's never ever going to be a modern multiplayer game based on that style of game anytime soon.

But that's the first playable Battle royale.

Don't even try to shill.

Your friends are a bunch of no taste, no brain, multiplayer only addict faggots that jump into whatever youtube bait game there is.

They're cancer, why the fuck are you still friends with them?

why would you even wish for something like that? It'd be D&D 4th edition or some even more streamlined version of it anyway.

I hope this cancer is contagious to everyone who plays it.

tabletop simulator

Are you implying that there has been a playable battle royale before this one ?

Very much so. Even if it hasn't been standalone.

nice dubs. Ur bait is pretty stale though.

dood can you pack all that into a torrent and seed it all over my face pls (*'▽')

It's a fast-paced DayZ where items don't get looted quickly. Nothing different from The Culling or Hunger Games mod in CSGO.

No

;w; but you are the only person I ever saw with some of that stuff like bushido, earthdawn, chivalry & sorcery and shit, damn…

There was an ARMA mod. Which AFAIK was developed by the dev of this.

People are calling it a DayZ clone because DayZ was basically an ARMA clone and this is also. And people are stupid I guess?

It's much more focused than DayZ, each match has a hard time limit and harshly punishes people who try to avoid other players. A lot of problems though, EA and laggy netcode / bad optimisation being foremost. They seem to be adressing the laggyness though.

As much fun as it is though, I'd say get ARMA 2 or 3 instead. That way you'll have Battle Royale and Wasteland, plus a shitload of other gamemodes and maps and shit. Battle Royale is a poor mans Wasteland anyway.

I got all of it out of RPG torrents from kat to begin with, if you want specific things that won't take several eons to upload I'll put it on volafile.

ahh, I just had a moment of clarity and realized I'm never gonna play any of them anyway so why bother tbh

Uploading half a terrabyte would only take a few months, even on a connection as shitty as mine with not even one MB up. Hell, if I had the space, I'd be interested in seeding it.

Could I have all the warhammer shit? Both 40k and fantasy?

You'd better have that shit archived on a spare drive somewhere, because it's going to be a sad day if that drive starts throwing bad sectors.

I bet my left nut 'this piece of shit wont last til the end of year.

I bet my right nuts "it will have more daily players than today by then and still be in the top 5 twitch"

Just so you know, this is a legally binding contract you just signed. 1 year from now a representative will come for your right nut.

How many balls do you have, user?

Meanwhile…

fuck you for reminding me

That game was good, very unique concept especially at the time, but it fell foul of the main problem all these DM/TDM shooters fall into (lead and gold is the only other one I can think off from the top of my head, but there's a shitload of them). Namely: Lack of maps and lack of gamemode veriety. Or to put it succinctly: lack of mods.

Games like this used to live and die on it's modding support. Because no one wants to play the same map over and over and over and over and over for years. Or the same game mode. Not to mention that it had like 3 different weapons and they were all pretty similar/generic.
I don't think their constant free weekends helped either. Personally I'd play it in a free weekend and think "this is cool, I'll buy it when they start supporting it more" and then the next free weekend would pop up and it's the same old maps and same old guns.

I'm not saying every game needs a thousand and one different whacky guns, but varitiy is the spice of life and by only having like 4? maps and 3 odd guns you're putting a harsh limit on the life-span of your game.

Check out h1z1 battle royal. I was shoked it had that many players for how shit it is.
PUs Battleground is pretty fun

The first ad I saw of this used streamers to advertise it so yes, it's safe to assume it's total shit.

I have it backed up on two separate drives, two online and one offline. Also I just looked in one of the folders and the torrent collection is so old it all came from demonoid.

That's 45 gigs all put together. If you want something specific out of here, tell me, otherwise there's a bunch of large Warhammer torrents out there that basically have what I have.

It looks interesting to me, but I haven't played it, only watched gameplay. I haven't seen anything necessarily wrong with it aside from technical issues (lag, desync, glitches). It's biggest flaw that isn't technical is a lack of content. There's one map, and I've only seen daytime sunny and daytime rainy environmental conditions for it. I'm not all that familiar with modern military shooters such as Arma and the like, though. There might be something like it but much better out there.

Oh, another, really big, issue I noticed is that using higher graphics settings adds grass to the terrain. The problem is that players using high graphics might think they're hidden in the grass, while someone with low graphics will see them because no grass.

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time.

don't forget, we can post pdfs here.

They're working on making it so all settings for shadows/grass look the same cover wise.
I don't think it needs more maps for now since the circles ensure a decent amount of variety. Otherwise you're pretty spot on. It's an okay game if you're into these kinds of games.

The circles definitely increase the variety, but I don't think it's enough. There are definitely "zones" that fights tend to gravitate around, especially at the start after everyone's landed. Players are only forced into interesting new positions near the very end of a round, when the safe circle is very constricted. And there needs to at least be a nighttime version of the current map. Those flashlights aren't at all useful otherwise.

I think they can get away without adding a new map for a while as long as they add in hardcore mode (first person only, always on mic, all chat on) and add in night variations of the map. Though that would also require NVGs and flashlights and shit too.

But eventually they would need to add another map. Ideally they should allow users to mod in new maps, but it seems like they want to nickel and dime on the clothing/cosmetic side so I doubt they'll go for that.

I know one thing, I'd love to see an all urban map, even if it was relatively smaller.

Nighttime is ususally really shitty in these types of games. People just mess with GPU driver settings to make everything easily visible.

I'm going to play it because it looks fun and seems good to play with friends but I seriously pessimistic about its future since jewhole studios is making it and they 100% guaranteed will cash grab the fuck out of it now that it's popular

but user rust is a dayz clone

a brief review of the top games on twitch and steamdb suggests that you are completely incorrect. normalfags find something they like and stick with it, modding is its own separate lifecycle which can sometimes spit out new things that they'll stick to though.

Save it to some 100gb M-Discs if you want to keep it forever

The top games on Twitch are, in order: LOL, CS:GO, DOTA 2, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm.

Now, putting aside the fact that top games on twitch is a stupid metric to use for judging what games people like to actually play…
LOL doesn't have modding, but introduces new heroes at a reasonable rate I believe? Which is adding variety that people want.
CS:GO has mods.
DOTA 2 see LOL
Hearthstone adds in new cards and singleplayer things I think?
Heroes of the Storm: See LOL.

SteamDB top games are pretty similar, except less MOBAs and more moddable games. And also this Battlegrounds game but that doesn't really count because it's new.

So… What the fuck are you on about?

Still waiting on that Lead and Gold 2 that they basically confirmed in a response to one post on their old forum I fondly remember.
Just like I fondly remember that free weekend.

It's shit. It's shit like every other battle royale game. It runs like shit, handles like shit, and your only chance of success is if you've played nothing but these types of games for 1000+ hours.

I only bought it because if too into the genre to let it go and play a good game for once. I regret my purchase.

Did you just defend a position you didn't express in the first place against an argument I didn't make?

The majority of playtime on these games is sunk into running the same maps in the same game mode. People have been last hitting creeps on the same chunk of river for almost fifteen years, and there has been every indication that dust/dust2 will somehow be recycled and played until the original userbase is old and gray. People don't mind samey gameplay. It is not a reason for a game to die, and certainly not a reason for it to never live at all.

A game being technically capable of having mods wasn't topic at hand in your postmortem of shattered horizon, the csgos and dotas of the world are not living and dying(a much bolder claim) based upon their mod capabilities. And while they were born of modding, they also killed their parent game's multiplayer community in the process, and modding wasn't the reason those parent games took off in the first place.

Calling it a DayZ clone isn't really accurate. DayZ is just a pvp zombie survival game. Battle Royale takes its name and idea from a book and is its own different genre. In anycase its fun enough and probably the best version of the game mode, but its also 30 bucks and I would say its worth something closer to like 10$. I'd wait for a sale or wait for a friend to gift it to you.

Whats wrong with playing games with friends, user?

I actually won a copy of Lead and Gold when it first came out off an alienware arena raffle. Never ended up playing it though, what is it about?

It's just a solid third-person team based western shooter.
But TF2 was a thing so can't have that survive for longer than a month.

It was actually an ARMA mod, just like this shit no doubt was.
What I want to know is why people don't save their money and just buy ARMA then play the survivalcraft/battle royale/[next FOTM] mod for free instead of wasting money buying this shit AT 30 BUCKS A POP then dropping it by the end of the week or month if it's an especially lucky game.

My point wasn't that games need mods to survive, my point was the games need variety to survive.

There are more ways to add variety to a game than just new maps. And different game genres add variety in different ways.

People don't buy arma because famous people don't tell them to buy arma.

I know a few people who have bought this BattleRoyale game who would never touch Arma because it's "too complicated." Despite never having played it, or playing it only once.

tbh this *whips out dick*

That's super gay.