Mechwarrior Living Legends

Is it so much to ask for a decent fucking mechwarrior that isn't over 10 years old, or full of peeking and shitty maps, full of mechs made of tissue paper, or is just plain shit?

Also MW thread, I guess. inb4 OP is a faggot

Other urls found in this thread:

youdubber.com/index.php?video=3MR6snHGC2E&video_start=0&audio=dv13gl0a-FA&audio_start=0
mediafire.com/file/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe
store.steampowered.com/app/610860/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/247804/how-to-remove-linux-and-install-windows-on-your-computer
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20739
tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations
dyadicparagon.com/paragonpress/2014/9/19/the-pgi-shuffle
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22686
viewsync.net/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg&t=0&v=7W2vRvf0MV0&t=0&mode=solo&autoplay=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That doesn't bother me especially after shit I have seen in MW:O - weapon boating and metawhoring

MARK
First of all an error message pops up every time I click 'create thread' leading me to having 3 seperate threads, Not only that, but you delete the thread with the least fucking traffic. For fucks sake man.

Yes I admit partial responsibility because I didn't realise each time that an error message popped up that it actually created the thread anyway. But still, that never happened before anyway so fuck you!

Good fucking job you freebirth scum.

How can that smelly dumb spic fail so much and so hard?

I suspect he did it so that it wouldn't reach bump limit as fast/to reset the conversation, or at least, that's the only credible reasons I can think of for deleting two other threads that BOTH had more responses than this one and they're not even that rational seeing as we already had a good thread going..

I wonder how Holla Forums would look if its owner was at least semi-competent and only had one bonus chromosome.

Too scary a thought. We could actually have vidya discussion.

What is good entry point to mecha on PC?

Mexhwarrior 3.

For shame

youdubber.com/index.php?video=3MR6snHGC2E&video_start=0&audio=dv13gl0a-FA&audio_start=0

This, if you can get it to work. If you can't then you're stuck with MW4.
Anyway here's a download anons:
MW4Mercs MP3.1 HD
mediafire.com/file/rzhzll2pbczdcm3/Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries MP3.1 v0.93HD.exe
Need to find the full torrent again and upload AT1:BT again.
Fucking PGI destroyed so much and if you support them you should have you balls remove and fed to Mark

I miss live action vidya cutscenes.

i hate mechs, i only play this game because i can destroy mechs whit vehicles, specially aerospace

Good thing the game allows omitting mechs and still destroying shit.

I think they're removing it next patch.

live action vidya cutscenes were mistake

You shut your whoer mouth

i think one of the devs got mad at it whe i was using one aganist them, removing them would be bad since aerospace focused on air superiority (planes whit MG, and pulse lasers) wouldnt have much to do in the game, they just need to add more ground anti-air weapons and more LAMS

Cool triple trips but don't pretend it's because of you.

The best anti aerospace weapon is a mech foot to the cockpit. Speaking from experience, used jumpjets to kick aerospace fighters out the sky

idk if they're touching ER ATMs next patch since one of the contributors has a massive hardon for them, but the air assets that have both narc and a lot of LRMs are getting redone so that you can either have a lot of LRMs OR NARC but not both.

fugging gay homosexual

I was speaking about one of the asf variants, not er atms.
ER atms are bae, one of the best AA.

I need to check if flamers are still bugged. I used to take a harasser with flamers and cause mechs to overheat and suicide which gave players negative points. Problem was it didn't give me credit for damage so I earned nothing from their use which made them only really viable once at the start afterwards you'd run out of money.

remember how badass the MW2 opening looked in the 90's?

That reminds me that I haven't played LL in a while. We should get more fags in.

Its pretty easy, you just need to copy all the cd contents in your hard drive and run it from there

Well the trick isn't exactly getting it to play, it's in stopping your mech from turning into an Aerospace Fighter.

i learned to always keep height in the hard way

So has anyone in the battletech universe tried stuffing battlearmor weapons onto mechs? It's not like range is really a problem, and just a couple armors can tear any mech apart it seems.

8ch ate my fucking image

Make one faggot, it's not like mech models are hard to come by.

Watch bioware outtakes (aka andromeda) and say that again.

In other news- store.steampowered.com/app/610860/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

You have 8 different loadouts per mech/tank/aircraft. It's the best mechwarrior option if you dont like it you can go play mwo

Another buzzword loses its meaning completely

It's been on gog for years. And it's just a shooter anyway

Mandatory.

A very weeb shooter with mechs.

yeah but its not a good game. weebs play weebshit because its much better than western shit. It's a legitimately bad game with the least enjoyable AI and the engine with the roughest movement in existence.

I hope they make flak not shit.

yep, steel battalion is revered for this reason. Westerners have a poor sense of design direction and at best mimic simple patterns in things like nintendo's rule of 3 they stick to. Kinda why there are no real well known western game directors. None of them stand out.

I've already given you your (you), won't get any more from me.

good to know, cowardly (22.)

Was that blood? What?

There's blood splatter animation from the cockpit as a visual cue that the pilot died when the cockpit is destroyed. It happens sometimes when the mech explodes too the same way missile launchers exploding animation plays when a mech dies but the missile component was untouched.

Inside of every mech is a tiny man.

The confusion wasn't about the presence of a pilot, but why any gore doesn't immediately cauterize from the heat of the weapons; Plain ballistics I can understand, but the cockpit was breached by lasers.

if you want to get into technical realism of mechwarrior we're going to be here awhile

I think it has something to do with it being a crysis mod. Did crysis vehicles bleed when they were destroyed?

It also happens here-
Pretty sure it's just there to indicate that the pilot died since destroying a mech doesn't always kill the pilot inside.

Or here, you can see the tiny bugger explode.

This is a thing

You'll need this emulator to run it www.s9x-w32.de/dl/testbuilds/snes9x_testbuild_16062013.zip

Ugh, I'd rather play Star/Earthsiege.

its better co-op

Man, I loved Starsiege. Best game no one ever played.

Not even you?

I see you, God Hates Anime.

I haven't play Mechwarrior since ps1 but I like this pic.

Can you play multi? I missed that fun back in the day, I remember people talking about a mode where a team of humans needed to destroy one mech, sounded like fun

Need to check how these webms turned out.

Nice weebums.

In process of converting more. I'll see what else I can find.

PT2

and PT3

Seems this has now turned into a mecha webm thread.

I miss that game

I didn't delete shit. I'll tell the other hotpockets to be careful next time.

dude wat

earth 2150 has naval combat, the commies ships when hit by stuff yelled "I CANT SWIM!"

Woah, why is mechwarrior a bastion of patrician memes?

When all you have left are old games, you can only meme if you are ever tired of them.

Ships were fairly inconsequential on most maps though. And there only were four different types of them (two of which had upgrades for additional weapon slots).

Meanwhile, the LC could just send ALL of its vehicles onto the water.

No such thing

sauce on this shit?

MWLL would have had a "MechLab" if two, or three, years ago Piranha Games didn't send a C&D to the mod team as they were announcing mech customization in MW:O.

Freebirth propaganda has no place here.

The mech parts are the shit, but got slow on foot and the AI can fuck your shit up, because they have 200% in accuracy

Yep, it was a shame you couldnt send your ships back to HQ and had to leave them behind.

It's a fucking total conversion mod of Crysis Wars or some shit, what the fuck do you want?

For someone to finger him in the ass while coughing softly into his balls most likely.

Patlabor, a bunch of stories about cops with giant robots dealing with a variety of problems such as corporate espionage, military coups and giant albino sewer crocs. The scenes that user posted are from the second movie.

I've still never played heavy gear

Wrong.jpg at least when it comes to MW3.

Has there ever been a mech armed with a paddle?

bmp

that shit is still unplayable?

We really are missing out on some good shit.

Nice (1) :^)

Time to download it and respect the robot

Heavy gear assault is in steam in EA, ayy

Are the pilots still anime girls!?

He's right, the only good Gundam is ZZ

>not Turn A

Are you feeling alright, user?

in alpha you could leave your Heavy Gear and walk around as a pilot. The pilot model was an anime girl in an Evangelion style pilot suit

I want you to remember how important it is that you avoid breeding.

It keeps crashing seconds after starting a map, what do?

Looks neat. I may keep this on my radar.

pfrrrt

Pics?

If you're too sick for gf you're too sick for computer too user!

Which is a shame. Apart from melee, there's always been specific rules on battletech for charges, doing a Mario on other mechs and even using melee weapons/blown off mech limbs as clubs

There is not a single picture of a mech using a club on the internet. What a shame

Painting death furries doesnt excuse the fact that the new mechs designs are shit and they look like they're made with megablocks. Hopefully the new games will bring some aesthetic uniqueness to each chassis

I need to dig around and find it, remember it having crotch zips for easy access down there.

You fucked up and did the dub track, not the sub track.

Who Jihad here?

Sounds like a dead end career

Indeed.

Nice try, dogmeat.

why even let them live

I really have to go to one of those battletech cons whatever they are called

Bazooka

I really wished we got a proper Third Succession War Era game. The combat mechanics would have to be so different that destroying an enemy mech would actually be disaster

Why?

lewd

Which Gundam is this from? Animation is horrible but I'd be interested in seeing more form this perspective.

Mechs are borderline LosTech at that time because the war dragged on for like two centures. The hunk of junk you'd be piloting would be a family heirloom going back multiple generation that's barely kept together with duct tape or something you found in a junk heap.

hello le donut man
whats with the s4s mene doing here?

To be fair le sticky mon predates the split.

Igloo

Never was there a more appropriate yfw.

You don't really know shit about Battletech do you?

How incredibly rude of you.

Maybe grand strategy but I dont want to play a mechwarrior game and restart the mission every time my arm is blow off

Well sorry user, I was just pointing out the obvious. Would you like to no more?

No - not know, Blyad, too much vodka today

I'd like battletech story books to be available in my country.

I have all battletech related books on pdf somewhere. I know it's literally all of them because they are counted by the hundreds. I can post them if anyone's interested

Thanks but I'm good, books need to be in their paper form. I'm too old for ebooks and shit.

Ah, I'm sorry user. To be honest the writing can be as consistent as CNN fact checking. I'll give a brief rundown.
Third Succession War Era the Innersphere had bombed itself back to literally the stone age in places, destroying most of the infastructure that kept humanity running. Not only are factories that were capable of producing Battlemechs completely decimiated but things like terraforming equipment was destroyed turning planets uninhabitable or barely inhabitable. On top of this a lot of scientists that were capable of developing new tech were killed either through raids or assassination. End result of all this is that humanity as a whole is left with barely any factories that are operating at a fraction of efficent that can produce maybe a dozen new Battlemechs a year if they are in a better condition and a lot of advanced equipment such as Gauss Rifles, XL Engines, Pulse Lasers etc became "lostech" People also don't really know how to make new tech either and instead more or less try to keep what's currently running operational; they know how to use the tech but they don't really understand it. Basically FASA's attempt at going 40k Grimdark. If you are wondering how this relates to combat, well it turns Battlemechs into heavily prized posessions and the destruction of just one is a crippling loss. Combat becomes more about making opponents withdraw and in scoring mobility kills, since the best scenario is if you can capture your opponent's mech. Everyone becomes obsessed about salvage since replacing equipment is very close to impossible most times. So no big battles or massive acts of destruction, more small skirmishes, raids and honorble duels. The best Mechwarriors are not the ones who destroy their opponent, but the one who can defeat them and take their mech as a prize. If you get a reputation as someone who destroys such valuable equipment constantly expect to be kicked out from that pilot's seat or in some cases assassinated, since pilots lives are worth nothing compared to a half functional Battlemech. Then again some lore shits all over this setting by introducing retarded shit like the development of new battlemechs which makes you wonder are they or are they not in a state of technological regression?

Cauldron Born soon

You should post 'em on /tg/.

Do post it, that is awesome

These sound retarded, that laser recycle sound is audible cancer, literally the only sound needed to be added to the game is a sound for getting hit by lasers, everything else was distinct and functional why the fuck did they get this fag to redesign what wasn't broken?

Wrong, there were no sounds for weapons recycling. And new ballistics sound much better.

The only weapons that would really benefit from recycle sounds since they take a while to recycle are the gauss, PPCs, LBX20, long tom and maybe some missiles, everything else recycles quick and rythmically enough that it's not necessary, the lasers especially sound retarded and will get annoying fast with how fast even large lasers recycle and how loud that sound is, the PPC recycle sound is also obnoxious. Ballistics sound no better or worse, just different, just sounds like whoever made them wanted it to be "more realistic" but I prefer the current ones gameplay wise because they all mostly sound distinct and you can tell them all apart easily from weapon report alone.

Also AC20s had a recycle sound but I suspect it was part of the weapon firing sound, it just was a long enough sound file that it lasted until the weapon recycled

Finally found them but I only downloaded a few to my pc. After some searching I found the source where I got them

ftp://york.chatterweb.net.ru/

I have absolutely no idea what this is but the battletech folder has everything. Enjoy

cough

OPERATOR IS COMPROMISED! COMMENCING PILOT PURGE PROTOCOLS

It looks harmless to me. I might have a hundred russians on my pc right now but Im definitely not noticing anything

Also there are lots of interesting stuff in here

I mean .ru doesnt inspire much confidence to me either Im just gonna get my old laptop and check all this stuff from it

shit I forgot the important pics

I remember just building armies of laser equipped amphibious tanks, then just going over the water and wiping out my enemies base.

GET MAD

Living legends looks cool and all, but do you get third person view? I prefer to see my mech.

its what I liked about mechassault

I'm no battletech lore expert, but It's more or less an entire galaxy, right? Even if there is a technological regression, there's got to be some place that's more or less half-well equipped enough to experiment. Plus, it doesn't take super-scientists to nigrig

No

Comstar is well equipped and got scientists, but the entire factions are Jews.

PSA: just because I'm in a tank doesn't mean you can tread on me.

I gotta try out the planes more often. The controls feel very sensitive though.

I should just take advantage of the lag shield and use it to be frank.

ebrbrbrbrbrbrbr

Whats the god darn point of playing battletech if you are just going to be a aircraft faggot ?!?

Because battletech has a wide variety of all things walking, hovering, flying, swimming, floating and driving?

MechCommander Gold was fucking great

it's our galaxy, and limited to our arm of the milky way. one of the more reasonably scaled scifi. scifi that go planet, solar system, GALAXY drive me up the wall. or worse, planet, ???, GALAXY.

I've only played Mech Assault 1 and 2.
How easy are the MW games to set up in Linux?

Stacy pls stop ing so mad, you are reaching critical levels of asshurt that shouldn't be possible.

He can't shut the fuck up, another battuta-tier retard.

Cause Battletech is all about combined arms?

That it was. mechcom 2 misisons are shit, often impossible to beat unless you're on the lowest difficulty

Any guide for retards to install this game in linux?

Sure support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/247804/how-to-remove-linux-and-install-windows-on-your-computer

coz mechs can't fly dumbass, only jump

Daily reminder never ever.

This is now a Bullywarrior thread.

No bullying, as far as I know it's not possible. Maybe wine mw3-4 but i doubt it. dunno if mwo is available for linux but you shouldnt be playing it anyway

Nevermind appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20739 Just install windows for gayman on another partition

Favourite map?

WEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL

wow, did you just assume their gender?
Hes not has annoying because they dont spout unfunny reddit tier memes but they sure do get salty.
I saw battuta the other day and he didnt talk once, even when I jump jetted into his aerospace fighter.

Looks pretty good.

are there any good Macross video games?

What's the name of that free (open source?) turn-based online thingy where you can use Battletech stuff? MekWars or something?

You mean Mongolian Dynasty, surely.

Found it, MegaMek.

Pls, not only is this the internet but also a game about giant war machines and shit. Everyone is a guy until proven otherwise.
Tits are preferable but feminine chinpo is fine too.

Okay faggots, pick a faction and say why!

Why are there other factions than Steiner?

Wolf clan

Go overheat.

Because the game would be boring without light mechs. Or mediums. Or heavies.
Ravens are fun to pilot.

Kurita because motherfucking transformers

free worlds league has the hunchback so I'll pick Marik I guess

Fuck off furry.

The Atlas is a Lyran Light Mech

Pretty sure memory serves Hunchback is a general Battlemech that also can be also produced by Lyrans unless fluff has changed?

This is both extremely amusing and autistic.
tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/250736/Mechwarrior-Online-Mismanaging-Expectations

I found a really neat autistic mechwarrior games analysis. I dont remember if I found them myself or here but whatever

Nice, now we have an organized timeline instead of a collective autistic screeching

I always wondered how PGI is still alive
dyadicparagon.com/paragonpress/2014/9/19/the-pgi-shuffle
Then I realized furries exist

The Charger is the archetypical Steiner scout mech. It would be better armored and better armed if it was 5 tons lighter, but then it would weigh only 75 tons. There's literally no reason for the thing weighing 80 tons other than 80 being the low end of the assault class.

Excellent Trips user but that's often a mech used by the Draconis Combined Mustard Solidery

Memes aside the first steiner recon mech that comes to mind is a gauss hollander

The fuck are you doing japan, you have your own (terrible) 'mechs'

Dont just tease us faggot post source

It's some harem shit with one scene of not-MW3.
I'd watch MW3 anime just for the autism factor.

nerf this >:3

Damn. No cute girl piloting a maddu cattu

Found something

Mad Cats are for girls So suppose it's fitting they get piloted by anime girls

What can you make anons?

Fucking noice.

My browser crashed half way but I was making a 45 ton commando with a cold war worth of missiles on each arm

It may be for the best user.

That's the same kid that was sperguing and raging about Serious Sam, i hope i am not the only who remembers (he deleted the videos)

I fucking hate aircraft.

Wow he couldn't be wrongerer.

On the brightside you slammed the right cunt, hopefully that'll make him shut the fuck up.

This runs fine on wine, just follow the appdb for crysis wars

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22686

it takes a huge performance hit so if your already running a toaster it's not going to work out, if not you should be fine.

I'm not one who dislikes the new locust design, too much. But, yeah, everything else is a little iffy for me.
Still, I like the locust's more modern military style to it. It's the type of thing I could see sprinting along the battlefield.

I bodyslammed him a few times today but that's the only one I recorded, literally the best way to deal with firebombers.

viewsync.net/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg&t=0&v=7W2vRvf0MV0&t=0&mode=solo&autoplay=true

You are doing God's work user.

i must have watched this 20 times now and lost my sides every time

So how badly do you think PGI is going to fuck up their Mechwhorrier Mercenaries game?
Considering they already have the Raven in 3015

It's a game made in current year by mwo devs, huge fucking red flags by themselves
But consider this, what will happen with mwo? All modern games MUST come with multiplayer for some reason, so what will happen with their biggest money printer? They cant shut down the game because all the freemium fags will demand their money back, and I dont know how exactly they'd make two multiplayer games, both identical, run at the same time

They could merge mwo with mw5 somehow, but mwo lacks a lot of equipment, weapons, chasis, etc, compared to previous mechwarrior games. This means they'd have to add a lot of new content to mwo or leave the new game with mwo's basic and scarce equipment. If they make a independent multiplayer for mw5 it can only be equally bad or somehow better than mwo. In fact, whatever they do with mw5 will make mwo look like shit in comparison. So either it's just mwo singleplayer or they actually learn from their mistakes and make a half decent mechwarrior game that kills mwo. However in current year anything's possible, maybe they go full retard and remove mechlabs, maybe they make mechassault on first person, maybe they charge 60 dollars for a short pile of shit campaign and keep mwo as its multiplayer

Also fucking hell you're right I thought that mech on the trailer was a locust not a raven

Whatever they do, all I know is they'll do their best to piss as many people off as possible

Wow I I that the other day too, he always comes in really flat like that.

I hoping fags will make mods, I don;t expect it to be very good.

Expect Denuvo

Keep in mind that it's set in 3015. That and the fact there will be no microtransactions (I couldnt find the source but everyone seems to believe the devs confirmed it) means no overpowered mechs or omnimechs. Thats a huge step forward from mwo, mechanically speaking

is there mechwarrior rule 34?

Why don't you go find out and tell us?

I tried and it was all human shit

Ratbat had a few things iirc.

And which mech would you fug?

I hate BAs too.

That's brutal. Those things are the size of a man

At least it's not a Long Tom

How can you be sure it's dead and stays dead if you don't put 2x20lbx through it

aeiou

ebrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr

y tho

Surprised there's no Chink knockoff of Battletech yet called Battlekek

By the way do you always play with arms unlocked or was it just for this instance?

You can see in the video I unlock the arms for about a half second just to make the shot then immediately lock them again, I play with arms locked 95% of the time but unlock them to make specific shots.

I hope they don't introduce a mechlab for MWLL. Otherwise it will just be PPC+Gauss or ATM spam.

There isn't one planned though there is one as a dev tool just to define what is "legal" by battletech rules and to make the variants but you can totally break it and put the mech in anyway.

What do people use for controls for Mechwarrior today? Does everyone just use a keyboard and mouse or are people still using joysticks? I never got to play MW3 online when I was younger but I enjoyed using a joystick when I played it. Would using a joystick put me at a serious disadvantage?

Yeah, pretty much. You're just so much more accurate with a mouse.

Well shit, that takes most of the fun out of it.

What was the button for unlocking arms?

left alt

iirc they were going to have a hardpoint and class system where certain mechs could only fit certain weapons in a space the same size, i.e. Medium Lasers could only be replaced for Medium Pulse Lasers and ER Medium Lasers and maybe smalls, but replacing them with Large Lasers? Forget it.

More VTOL trolling.

So anons, how would you react if Battletech was turned into an HBO series?

But Dougram already exists.

Confusion mostly, normalfags have proven time and time again that they don't respect the robot and HBO caters to normalfags.
On the off chance it does happen it better have Urbanmech love.

Disbelief.

The Clans are a bunch of degenerates and child molesters.
Prove me wrong Holla Forums!

t. freeborn scum
Enjoy your R(educed)RPPC nerd

>There are people who are unironically Comstar Jews
Bet you like pulling Jihad's out your ass?

What the fuck is the point of a mechwarrior game if you can't customize your loadout? That's like playing an RPG without talent trees/levels.

I bet you can't even play puretech faggot.