SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Guys, something horrible has happened… I suddenly find myself enjoying sports.

I get caught up in games, yell at the screen or in the stands, and even… watch them with friends and family.

So the onto the topic, what are some great sports related vidya? Doesn't matter how old or new they are so long as they really make you get into the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2251003-modern-era-the-14-best-mma-and-ufc-fights-of-the-new-millenium
hogswithablog.com/?p=1263
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dodgeball_variations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

normalfag out

Gawrsh, good thing you asked!

Greg Hastings Paintball

Any of the EA sports games, bro

If only that picture was reality

I know what I'm downloading right now.

The NBA 2k17 is the shit

get the fuck out

I totally would

The SNES/Genesis NHL games were great. Nothing better than constantly and blatantly cross-checking the hell out of everyone.

Guys, something horrible has happened… I suddenly find myself enjoying esports.
I get caught up in games, yell at the screen or in the stands, and even… watch them with friends and family.
So the onto the topic, what are some great esport related vidya? Doesn't matter how old or new they are so long as they really make you get into the game.

they still have a community that update the roms every year too.

That's some dedication

Maybe I'll try out baseball or paintball. Is there any sport that actually can be a good group?

paintball is entirely dependent on the group you're playing with/against. I go once or twice a year and usually have a good time. It's usually groups of friends and families with their 12 year old son renting guns and afraid to run very far into the field.

But when lord autismo shows up with $2000 in gear and eliminates everyone by himself, it's stupid.

Women are naturally shorter, especially in Japan, so it's not unlikely that Bell is played by a woman.

Whether she's attractive or not is a different story.

It doesn't matter as long as she doesn't take off the mask. Some pink bodypaint and call it a day.

Having sex with someone wearing a hug mascot mask sounds like it would be extremely uncomfortable

B L I T Z B A L L

How come actual sports videogames were never as popular as ASSFAGGOTS for e-sports?

These are the only sports games I know of where you can win by killing everyone on the opposing team.

There are actual tournaments for sports games, and they're pushed heavily by their developers, but nobody cares about them because you can watch people play actual sports on TV.

Because post-colosseum sportsball is for niggers, and white normalfags sitting around and drinking while they watch niggers throw around a ball.

sports games are more concerned with replicating the look and feel of a sport rather than the competitive balance of it. That means a ton of randomness and percentage chance luck. If your wide receiver isn't 100% skill, he's going to drop the ball sometimes, regardless of your skill.

Look at this, it's like 90% luck, 10% mastering the mechanics of the game.

play airsoft instead

i lik vida gem

me too budhy

How did you do it? I'd like to get into watching some kind of sport as well, if nothing else so I can at least somewhat more convincingly pretend to be a normalfag, but the only sport I've ever watched that didn't make me want to kill myself from boredom was boxing. I get the appeal of throwing/hitting a ball around, but I don't see what's so great about watching other people do it.

i hat criket

you paki budy?

Watch a hockey game, they're great fun and rarely have dull moments that aren't caused by icing.

Went to my little brothers basketball game thinking it would just be little kids throwing around a ball and trying to play a sport, instead I realized how intense the sport was. There was strategy, skill, mind games, stealth… a ton of stuff. Later I went to another one of my brothers soccer games and found it had the same elements.

I don't know why, it's just cool to see how crazy some of the plays are. Soccer is particularly impressive at times.

I figure I like watching them more than playing them myself so I wanna see how the vidya is.

I had a friend who would swear on hockey back in the day. I need to watch some myself.

I'll trust your word this time, but so help me God if you're lying to me I'm gonna fucking rake my lawn

That's some serious dedication to landscaping. Maybe your transition into normalfaggotry is more imminent than you think.

You're going to have to look up some of the rules so that the more abstract things like icing and the legality of hits make more sense, but those can also be picked up by just watching more games. It's one of the few sports that have a full hour of play that is filled by shit actually happening.

Hell, more can happen in a game that doesn't have a single goal until a shootout than can happen in three games of soccer.

Fucking leaves never fuck off

I'll check it out, thanks

Have you considered looking into fencing and judo? Those are two olympic sports I haven't minded watched. Archery/shooting are alright, but you can't tell much mechanically at first.

Oh fuck yes friendo, I absolutely love sport games
Here have some of my favs

If you don't have a favorite team or player to root for, you can kiss your ass goodbye when it comes to watching sports. If you actually liked the concept behind the sports though, you can watch them to gain more insight into what's going on. PvP or Team based sports are much more strategic and prone to outside factors than what you think, some sports games try to emulate it to the point that it feels like you're playing a slightly easier fighter, with match ups and situational ups and downs. Clock-based or record based sports are shit though, competition is the base of entertaining sports, fuck pool swimming
The best thing though is having someone close to you or that you care about compete, and cheering them on, like said. Nothing beats screaming profanities at a bunch of preschoolers to fire up your own preschoolers.

I'll share a trick I learnt while trying to socialize in mid school with you, it never failed me and it even helped me establish good relationships on shit I barely even care about, like racing sports: memorize the names of the most important players, then some names of the LEAST skilled ones, then, when in a social situation, ask them what they thought of the last game. They'll probably respond by either parroting what they heard sportsball tv-radio say or talk straight out of their asses. At this point, try agreeing with them by giving a similar outlook on the match, but adding some extra details pertaining the players, even if you don't exactly know too much about them. They'll pick up the shit you said as confirmation that you're with the IN people and assume that you also like the sport and accept you more as the normalfag you're posing yourself to be. You can push your luck and make fun of the least popular players too, so that even if they don't know who they are they might think you're big into this shit. In general they never fucking pick up their smartphones to verify your claims.

I haven't but those are good ideas too. Anything that isn't just throwing a ball back and forth for 3 hours would probably do it for me.

Man, that game is just weird. It's like Super Mario post-apocalypse football. Everyone is wearing borderline plate armour; most of the stages are half destroyed; and they bash around what looks like an iron ball. What were they smoking for this shit?
It's kinda cool

That's some Machiavellian stuff I can get down with. However, I've had good success by being interested in people. Act like some kind of reporter giving an interview to some celebrity. It's the normalfag's wet dream to be the center of attention effortlessly. It goes back to the normalfag's programming during highschool.

I've been shilling Mark Goulston's Just Listen for a while now and I still will because it just works.

How do you expect me to jerk off to this without the mask?

You're a big guy.

is she a furry or a monstergirl

She's a human wearing a mask, no more furry than a Playboy bunny or Bane

Super Mega Baseball's pretty great.

It also helps if you really liked Psychonauts.

My nigga.

pakis pley criket too
dey los to osteralia

I hate video games.

you haven't heard of Blood Bowl then

She's a big bull

4 moo

Does that mean she's trans?

You merely drank the dairy, she produces it.

Considering there is a giant backlog on hockey, are there any particular games worth watching and which teams are the most fun to watch?

Are there any decent coaching sims that let you just watch the game but call the shots?

I had a dream where old, outdated football games were actually worth a lot of money. I think John Madden has mastered mind control.

They have a few football ones for PC but they weren't terribly well received.

If you're going to watch old games, you're going to get different opinions from fans of every different team. Playoff hockey between rivals is always good. Flyers and Penguins despise each other and had an amazing playoff series in 2012. The video embed was a memorable game for Flyers fans, with all of the nastiness of a good rival game, and a lot of great players.

If you're going to watch live hockey, you picked a great time! The playoffs are starting tomorrow night. The top 3 teams are the Capitals, Penguins and Blackhawks. If your local city isn't in the playoffs, just pick a team to watch and root for them.

Live games are usually on at 7pm for each coast. The eastern teams at 7pm EST, and the western teams at 7pm PST. "nhlstreams" on leddit for stream links.

Cool, I appreciate the info. Checking out the teams now and I'll definitely watch tomorrow.

Thanks a lot!

only a quarter into the video but I'm really getting into it.

are any of the ps3 era NHL games good?

I dunno, american football is pretty fun for me to watch. Having a favorite team is just the first step, but when you start learning about the intricacies of the positions you can enjoy it for more for than touchdowns and big plays.

An edge rusher going against a offensive tackle is always an interesting battle, it's kinda like a sumo wrestling match (which football players do take lessons in to help) with different win conditions for each, the rusher just has to get to the quarterback quickly, and the tackle just has to hold him off long enough. But there's a lot of strategy and tactics involved, could even think of it like an RPG a bit. To put it really generally, a rusher has different techniques to get to the QB, through raw power, raw speed, or a mix of both through finesse, with different tackles being more susceptible to each one, or being baited into defending for one, only to get defeated by another. It's fun stuff that becomes even more interesting when it then has to be combined when the teamwork and strategy required of an entire offensive line to work together against a whole defensive line with their own strategy, and even more when it's an offensive line + blocking running back/tight end vs defensive line + additional blitzing defenders from the linebackers, safeties, or corners.

Same for pretty much everywhere else on the field. Individual technique, speed, and reflexes involved in a wide receiver vs a corner, which extrapolates into 2/3 wide receivers route combination vs a coverage scheme which then becomes greater when you add a quarterback manipulating safeties with his eyes if he's good enough, with safeties reading the eyes of a quarterback if he's bad enough. It's fun seeing a lot of moving parts and strategy when there's so much that goes on even on an individual level.

You have my condolences OP.

though I have a harder time watching those. especially when heights are involved.

definitely an important one for people who never "got into" sports though. If you're watching any kind of match and have no feelings towards either side, it gets dull fast. Doesn't matter if you pick based on where you live, which outfit/logo looks the coolest, or who is often the best. Pick a team and stick to them forever!

You only have the option of EA's NHL games, but luckily they're not bad. The last one for PS3 is NHL Legacy Edition. NHL94 is still the most fun to me. It's more arcadey and easy for a friend to pickup and play.

I didn't know I wanted this

I'm assuming you're talking about Strikers Charged, the Wii one? I personally much rather prefer the original, it's got a much more arcade feel to it and most shit is quasi-balanced, but I like Charged too! My biggest complaint with the latter though is that it's too easy, both against comp or against skilled players I had no problem online or offline to just pick randomized teams and win, whereas in Strikers I had to throw everything I had at the opponent.

FUN FACT: the original Mario Strikers was actually even more brutal and it was supposed to be set in an urban setting rather than more traditional soccer stadiums, but for whatever reason they ended up making it a normal soccer setting. I'm assuming this had to do in part because they were going to alter the characters' designs too much and in part because of technical limitations with the GC - the demo for the game looked ugly as sin but it also had pretty much the same level of detail as the final product. Next Level Games made the game more brutal because unlike other Mario Sports titles, this was a contact sport and they wanted to give it more personality so that it'd stand out (or at least this is an IIRC from an interview I read on a local 'zine, but given how they treated Punch-Out Wii it's not that far off). Also they wanted to make a Wii/Wii U Mario Volleyball-Wresting abomination but it honestly looked kind of cringey and Nintendo didn't want Mario fighting shit in other games than Smash. Sorry if I sperg out about it, but I seriously have a blast whenever I turn the GC on.

That's true, I'm just talking about first impressions. I do get interested in other people, at least for a while, but it's hard to break the ice if you don't have a good topic, sports is just a go-to one.

What are you talking about, editing faces on Experience Sportsball Title 201X from KonEAmi Sports is a blast. You can see just how little fuck they gave in making the product by pushing it to its limits.

My college had both a Dodgeball as a course to fulfill the phys end requirement for majors and a whole separate club We held the world record for world's largest dodgeball game briefly, so it really depends.

Gotchu covered, fam, in Pigskin 621 AD one not only is murdering the opponent a viable strategy, so is bribing the spectators to kill the opponent.

I don't know about Madden, but I can say that in a lot of quasi-modern PES titles your starting lineup and strategy is more important than your skills. Earlier iterations though were all about them stats.

Football Manager lets you manage and coach and shit, and it's got even an incredibly large fanbase for what is pretty much a dolled up spreadsheet sim. But I don't think that's what you want.
There was this godawful Soccer Coach Simulator game that had you babysit a professional team of athletes that would go in and out of town and it looked just as bad as it played like. I don't remember the details but I remember it being panned. I'm desperately trying to remember its name but I just can't.
Other than that I do remember some psx era game where you could be the captain of the team and call the ball for yourself.

Watch/Play Eyeshield 21 asap

Go play Touhou Football, it's a Captain Tsubasa rip off but Captain Tsubasa was a fine soccer rpg if you ask me.

Just go play NES Ice Hockey, that game is a thumb buster but damn if I don't have the time of my life with it.

Pick up Tennis. It's easy to play, you only need a mate and it's even useful if you ever plan on playing with business partners.

Best golf games

also these are good too

Best golf with superpowers.
Fucking RIP.

That's why I posted the PSP one, same gameplay but no pay to win microtransactions.

I was just getting the images for them, but I can't decide which one is the best.
The first 5 I posted are still the best golf games tho

Fuck you bizarro Holla Forums, the one time I'm actually hoping for lewds instead of vidya discussion and you fucks actually stay on topic.

How about some Soccer Anime Babes?

Also question for basketball fags, any reason to play any other 2k basketball game after pick related outside of roster changes (which I don't really care about)?
and what are the best over the top/fantasy basketball games?

here are a few so you aren't completely disappointed.

Now back to talking about vidya and waiting for tonight.

me to budy

Thanks

That anime football game looks pretty neat. The art style sort of reminds me of ex-aid.

Is it any good?

I will fam, need something to hold me over til the draft

She's a regular human girl who happens to be wearing a costume. Perfectly fine, doesn't make you a furry at all, honest!

Now THAT's what I came here for.

Here's the best racing game ever made. Have fun.

Fuck schools growing generations of transgender nigger onaholes

Bell is cute!

Bloomers are god's gift to mankind.

I fucking love motocross, but it's a real niche. I'm still playing MXGP2 every now and then, but besides that there's not much else. MX vs ATV Reflex is a bit too arcade for me, but I still enjoyed it.

Hockey is not worth watching anymore, the faggot-fans and the kike at the top got rid off the goons and the fighting so it's just ballerina-on-ice nowadays.

Want good hockey, check out the Battle of Alberta-games.

Check out Football Manager 2010 or Championship Manager 3. Sure it's a spread-sheet simulator but there are lots of things going on and it can be a challenge to game the system. The amount of time-sink is amazingly big since you can play the game in hundreds of way.

GODDAMMIT FUCK JOSH
i miss 8/sp/

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 and Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2016 are pretty goddamn great games. Something Konami still makes well. Aside from ps3 and ps4 consoles, both available for Vita and PSTV.

Get fucked with your girly mascot. Seibu Lions will get your asses.

Those are fake bloomers. It should be crotchless.

BIG GUY

He looks like someones fursona.

Wew.

What are the best non-realistic basketball and handegg games?

There were quite a few fights that broke out last night. Really, the only time there wasn't a fight was when the game was super close, even then there were a few punches thrown and cheap shots.

Why is she so perfect?

Because she's pink and wants to sports with you.

Were there any good football games last gen?

Just go with the flow. Don't fell dystractred by others. You know whats best for you.
We support that. Just take a bite, caant hurt, right? Never do it alone, never ever. Always have friends with you, because if you don't… who knows.

You mean wet dream.

That's because all mascots are?

Unfortunately Madden is the only good American football video game series. Fortunately, Madden 08 came out on the PC and can be modded enough to feature seasonal rosters for later seasons so there's no reason to give EA money.

Might be hoping for a bit much, but would there be a torrent available for the modded game?

How pozzed is the UFC at the moment and are UFC fights worth watching? I know Rhonda brought in a horrible crowd that tried to subvert the thing.

These were the only decent ones if you ignore madden shit last gen. Good/fun sports games in general almost entirely disappeared after gen Sixth generation.

Bump

He represents Kimba from an old japanese cartoon "Kimba the white lion".

UFC is in a pretty shitty state at the moment. They underpay, have a horrible deal with Reebok that undercut fighters getting sponsorship money, and the biggest names are refusing to fight for anything less than a fortune thanks to Ronda and Connor setting the bar so high. You have gorilla fighting machines like Anthony Johnson retiring because it's just not worth the amount of time and effort it takes.

I used to watch every PPV fervently because there was always good shit. Now they all suck. Part of it is more stringent drug testing that started a few years ago too. Guys used to gear up all year long and then get clean for the scheduled tests; now USADA does random, stringent tests for a bigger list of substances. This leads to weaker dudes who aren't as aggressive - boring fights.

Same story in every sport these days. Toned down, softened up, less violent, fewer warriors.

Sports games are better RPGs than most modern RPGs

i had no idea. nhl 94 had my favourite sports game engine of all time. time to download some more shit

Shiet, are the fights still fun-ish to watch at least. I was watching the awards and they pulled the whole "thank you for giving women representation" bit and that was quite a turn off.

I suppose I could always go back and just watch old fights.

I thought Holla Forums liked things like athleticism, sportsmanship and competition. It's not like we're a bunch of low T fags, right?

I mean there's still always the possibility for someone to get knocked the fuck out, or for a brutal war go on for 15-25 minutes. Pic related, only 2 years ago, probably the best fight ever.

But all I've seen lately is boring decision fights or fighters who don't seem to be 100% getting their ass kicked.

i liked UFC at first but i sincerely hope it's going to die now that it's been milked dry by the people who make money off of it and have changed the rules to make it slower and less exciting, simply because i love boxing way more and hopefully it'll start getting popular again

i mean the UFC is jewish with money. But unless things have changed while i wasn't looking, boxing is a fixed sport at this point, no?

I'd get into boxing but it has always seemed to have issues with rigging.

the super high profile stuff is sometimes suspicious, but anything aside from those big-ass matches in madison square garden like tyson vs. holyfield is generally pretty legit. as with most sports, the more amateur you go the less bullshit is attached

On my childhood VHSes, his name was Leo the Lion. Whatafuck

are there any decent lists for the best fights? I'm downloading that one now.

This is a good list that picks the best fights each year from 2000-2014. If you don't know the winners of the fights you should just try to find them and watch without spoilers.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2251003-modern-era-the-14-best-mma-and-ufc-fights-of-the-new-millenium

To fill in the blanks, 2015 is definitely Lawler vs MacDonald 2, 2016 is either Diaz vs McGregor 1+2, or Swanson vs. Choi. 2017 again, I'm feeling not great about UFC so far, but I hope they turn me around again.

Tonight Demetrius Johnson defends his title for the 1000th time. Dude's been champ for about 6 years but is manlet division and super humble so he doesn't get treated like a rockstar. Today you have to be a big guy and talk massive amounts of shit if you want big money fights.

Great, thanks a lot.
Watched the Lawler vs Macdonald fight last night and you were right. That shit was intense. Crazy how working on that shattered nose determined the fight.

Interesting thought. Madden gets deservedly shit on for being the same every year, but I'd like an RPG that followed the flow of it's gameplay somehow. Where you decide on a plan of attack through strategy, and then you execute it through both strategy and mechanical skill, but it seems hard to implement it in an RPG like you can for sports.

Don't have a list for you, but UFC 187, Andrei Arlovski vs Travis Browne was amazing as hell. Only lasted one round, but they were slugging the shit out of each other like a kaiju battle

So… are any boxing games any good?

If you mean single-player games, there's loads of them. Punch Out Wii comes to mind first, but then again there was some GBA title whose name escaped me till now that had you crash your car into a Boxing-loving town and having to fight your way through it to raise the money to buy the repairs. Single player ones aren't rare, but I can't name a good multiplayer one for the life of me, or at least one that doesn't just play like a worse version of a fighting game instead of a pure boxing game. Wii Sports boxing is atrocious but at least you get to do shit.

Sports doesn't fit with the usual RPG stats though and each sports has got very specific roles that require a very specific set of skills and good stats in certain regions only. They also get the Role-Playing part much better, especially management ones.

The Mario Basketball one with the Final Fantasy characters was really fun for me. As for Handegg, go for Eyeshield 21, DS or Wii.

Tier 1 LETHAL LEAGUE
Tier 2 "Hyper" versions of sports
Tier 3 Sports that don't exist or can't exist (Tech isn't there or people get hurt/murdered)
Tier 4 Standalone faithful recreation of a sport, getting it right the first time
Tier 5 Yearly sports games
Tier 6 Simulator games/shovelware
Tier 7 Backyard Baseball but the entire enemy team is that little fucker in the wheelchair

Yes, and now I'm directly replying to another down syndrome faggot.

Opinion permanently discarded.

The more I watch basketball, the more it feels like XCOM, especially the newer ones. Most see it as "lol you missed and the CPU didn't" because they don't sink deep enough into the mechanics to manipulate the odds in their favor, and I imagine they see basketball the same way.

I had an idea in mind of a turn-based basketball game. I have the basics written out, as well as abilities unique to positions and player archetypes (like a skill tree), but I haven't put serious thought into it yet.

So either he's one of those deluded retards who think woman make up 50% of gamers, here's a hint they barely even make up 10, or he's extremely thirsty.

Sports RPGs tend to have a much more methodical rhythm to them, like you're planning ahead your moves and even back ups and then something goes wrong and you gotta readjust yourself. People who go full "if I wanted to play sports I'd go outside" are retards who don't like to get out of their comfort zone and think traditional RPGs are the epitome of gaming and that the industry shouldn't try anything else.

On that note I have high hopes that, when Barkley 2 launches, bball TactixXx (a tag-along game about grid and turn based 3on3 Basketball) is good enough on its own to warrant some niche community.

Is bell in any vidya

also, post more bell.

I doubt it and I agree, we need more bell. I could go on pixiv and dig some up later and post it.

You know there's >>>/vp/ for that right? I mean more power to you if you wanna discuss sports and post cute mascots but don't just turn this into the designated pornography thread.

No.

Who said anything about porn?

Alright, I got some qt pics of bell and other mascots. surprisingly little porn

Why did the Neo Geo have the best sport games?

Her bloomers are canon, Bell is a pure maiden.

because they didnt try to make simulators they tried to distill the games down what the purest aspects of the sports were. The exciting parts.

Because EA didn't own a monopoly on it.

Better late than never

Also

The photographer in this pic deserves an award.

It's not porn when Bell does it. She's too pure, and to gaze upon her raw form is a blessing.

Because they were Games, Arcade Games and Sports Games instead of simulations. Actually, going into further detail:

I frankly miss unlocking teams in old school sports games. That always made me happy.

While it's true in terms of licensing, none of these arcade titles used the official names, in fact I believe the official names to be more detrimental to the game's development than anything. Sure, simulators need them and faces and kits and whatever, but it's definitely better to have a great game with flimsy names.

I gotta admit, I have a huge fetish for 2d women in sportswear doing pure things so I get what you're saying

Football Manager is the best sports game there is. But it is literally legalize Crack and can ruin your life.
Pic Related

Never knew this title existed till looking for the pictures to post, huh

at least the jap and thai servers are still open

They sure are trying to do a lot of stuff in a golf game…

It even got the open world meme added in

the shitty depth perception in that last pic trigger my autism and i can't tell if it's a save or technically a goal

She clearly conceded, the ball's shadow is well after the goal line.

Bumping in the hopes of more sportsball games

I gotchu fam.

My niggas.

If you want to see one of the craziest brawls in hockey, see this. Fights all game. Islanders wanted revenge on the Penguins for giving one of their players a concussion, so they went full on goon after the Penguins.

Hoping it's not a disaster. World Invitational had little lobby areas with avatars that you could dress up. The only way to get more clothes was to actually play the game, so it encouraged people who cared about their appearance to actually git gud.

It would get a little creepy though. Guys would try to chat with girls and get them into empty rooms.

But it actually kept a community for the game for a while. It could've died within a few weeks, but the online features kept people interested and the clothing stuff kept people playing.

As long as it has a decent amount of courses included in the main game, I'll get it.
It's being sold as a budget price so it makes me a bit worried about the amount of content

World Invitational got some DLC after many months. I think all of it was less than $20, so it wasn't the worst in the world, but it did put the best character, club, and golf ball in the game in DLC. Not exactly P2W since you had to be extremely skilled for the DLC to make any difference, but it was a bit questionable.

Assuming the new one will go further with DLC.

It was like 12 bucks for the courses. Was never too interested in the DLC gear.

rec active multiplayer golf games

Sports? You mean The Gay Community?

Took this shitty thread long enough to get to the good stuff.

The only sport full of homosexuals is professional Rugby and even then they're less queer than you, friendo

Post sport romhacks

Damn, those designs are early 2000's Sega tier. And that's rad as fuck.

Why?

The west use to make fun sports games until the seventh gen, then EA pretty much gained a monopoly on the genre and killed off all the fun studios to focus on the standard simulators.

Creativity in the west is dead.

I wouldn't say it's dead, I'd say the creative people are just cock blocked from making creative things because; It's the wrong type of creative for the indie clique or it's not huge money maker for AAA devs

Got any footage of that Trump/Hillary mod?
Anyways, my favorite sports mod so far is this antique piece where some guys took a FIFA game and replaced every character with Captain Tsubasa equivalents, going so far as to include teams barely even present in the series they're referencing. I love it not because of its quality, but because of the sheer amount of autism that went into it.

Not on hand but you can download the rom here;
hogswithablog.com/?p=1263
It's got a read me file with all the cheat codes to play as the secret characters

I love those, probably my favorite version of Sonic artwork. The way they drew Eggman was pretty fantastic as well. Who was the illustrator anyway?

That's a betting game, isn't it? I heard they made them bizarre on purpose to lure more clients into betting on them because of low turnout for "realistic" sims and that there's some semblance of strategy behind the pickings.

I disagree, KonEAmi might have all the licensing on their part but there's plenty of good sportsball games that come out yearly, the problem is that most of them prefer the mobileshit crowd so they can never be 100% good. It doesn't help that any hint of originality or fun has been eradicated from recent EA titles due to "muh immersion". Even back in the PS2 days you could get easter eggs like these.

Many thanks.

Oh I don't mean that there is absolutely zero fun sports games coming out. There is just a massive decline compared to what there was in the 6th gen and prior.
There was old time hockey that just came out, NBA playgrounds out and May, Everybody's Golf in august and a bunch of other fantasy sport stuff. Plus non EA sport games are starting to put silly shit back in, 'MLB The Show 17 had the whole Retro mode added in.
Things are starting to pick up again after that big drought.
All those secret costumes in the Tiger Woods' games were the best.

I guess the problem is that once the developers found out that the core audience of their games would be dudebros and normalfags they just flocked onto the simulator genre, knowing full well that anything deviating from that would just be bought by third worlders or fanatics. Kind of how Nu-tendo decided to do a 180 on his hardcore fans and panders to tumblrettes since they know it's a guaranteed sell with them and that they can half ass some aspects of the games as long as they're easy and filled with their lingo.

Play Skate 2. Turn off everything else, pump the volume, and play Skate 2.

I'm surprised with how good the thread has been. It's the perfect mix of on topic, off topic, and lewds.

go outside and play your fag

I guess it's because it's kind of slow paced and everyone has something to say about it. Bumping with some more sports babes, I wish fellas like would post more Amefuto related ones, I'm stuck with just the Divegrass gals.

What would be the best american football game to play for someone that has zero knowledge of the sport?

there's also Mutant League Football.

Do any of those have co-op, like 2 players on one team?

Pretty sure NFL Street has co-op. It's kind of similar to NBA Jam; fewer players, less rules and style over simulation.

Don't think any of the others do.

What is best golf game currrently?

With superpowers: Pangya on a private server.
Without superpowers: Fuck if I know.

What is the best realistic golf game? Real courses, game play

This question should also follow through to baseball, american football, and hockey cause the newest version is not always the best

I miss these awesome beat downs in Fight Night Round 2. You couldn't do this in 3 or the future titles.

Neo Turf Masters

Tiger Woods The Masters Edition, especially if you have a Wii Motion Plus.

Just because sports games are bottom of the barrel consoletard garbage, doesn't mean they have always been. They were good at some point.

If I pull that mask off, will you pass out?

Neo Turf Masters or Legend of Golfer.

Neo Turf Masters if you want arcade gameplay but no fantasy stuff.
Legend of Golfer and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 03/04/08/13 if you want simulation and career growth
The Golf Club if you want real life courses recreated in a digital environment, it also has Mario Golf courses recreated in a realistic environment. But I'd wait for the sequel since the course creator tools and career system will be better.

Fuck yes, show me the juicy stuff

They had one fucking job

No. I'm not. 5'7"

That better be the arcade version

tezuka designed him and the teams old logo too

he is also good at back flips

because she's a robot designed by a bitter melon

They just shat out a new trailer for it today that gives a quick run down on the editor.

really niggas

right here;

I was pleasantly surprised that SSX 2012 was OK.

To the surprise of nobody in particular

Marvelous

The NBA 2K games are consistently fantastic, can recommend them. Sunk more time than I'd care to admit to into them since 2K13.

same with NFL 2K5, the last game before EA jewed over the football gaming genre.

all this jap baseball fur shit got me wondering if there were rule34 for the best american mascot. i shouldn't have looked, there's just one.

I need your help Holla Forums, a long time ago i played an arcade football (soccer for burgers) game where instead of humans you played as bipedal notgundams, boosting and shit all over the field, if anyone has any idea what the games name was, plz help!

soccer brawl?

Holy shit that's it! That girl? in pink armor in the intro gave me an instant flashback, i loved that game.

I'm fucking awful at NBA 2K, pretty much once there is more than 3 players on a team in a sports game I loose track of everything quickly.

Glorious. Not even into sports games but that's great.

How come there's a Dodgeball movie but no real dodgeball game? Like hell there's already a ton of modes made up for you already
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dodgeball_variations

the problem with johnson is that his division is shit and he's the only good fighter that exists within it. It also doesn't benefit him that he was a former bantamweight who dropped down because he realized he would never beat dominick cruz.

I mostly play the MyPlayer/Career mode where you're just one dude on a team, it's a lot more fun than you'd expect.

Team games I play vs friends, usually with drinking rules.

Had a game with All-Star teams where we got something like 149-153. It was brutal, but great fun getting that shitfaced.

One day I'll sit down and try to get into them again, I only have the dreamcast versions on hand tho.
I am impressed that even the older entrees still have more players than Battleborn.

fuck you.

i could swear there was more, maybe it got deleted under the porn dump rule

Some more pink cows and a game

And a few more.

2000-2005 had such a unique aesthetic.
I really miss it.

Is this thread for scrubs?

Kinda. I'm in the same boat as as far as losing track of shit.

Easily the greatest basketball game ever made.

Impressive

Shit nigga I miss playing neopets as a kid

They knew what was cool to kids, a shame that style's not as popular now

That's not NBA Jam TE or Dream Dunk/Street Hoop

Although the core of the gameplay systems remains relatively intact, they do actually make substantial changes to how the mechanics operate game to game. It doesn't surprise me to see people still playing 2K14. Still holds up, still really solid. To save myself buying a sports game every year I just stick to the even numbered titles, so I'm still on 2K16. That said, this'll be the year 2K18 drops and I'll have to pour more hours into levelling up my dude.

That's pretty much how I'd describe Career mode in NBA to anyone unfamiliar with sports games; it's a real-time RPG, complete with levelling, where the thing you're attacking is the basket and you're given a lot of ways to do it while your team helps and the opposing team gets in the way. It does take getting used to, though. You learn a lot about the sport by actually trying to fill the role you pick in the team (Point Guard, etc.). Where you need to be, what your responsibilities are, rules, that sort of stuff.

Seems like the Penguins tend to cause a lot of salt.

That's not Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden either though

Are there any other good sport related RPGs you know of?

Whatever happened to the sequel kickstarter? Did they take the money an run?

Other than Mario Tennis and Mario Golf I can't think of anything on the top of my head.
I think one of the Hot Shots Golf games on PSP has an RPG mode single player

They're still working on it, only they've downsized their team about a year ago IIRC and they're taking forever to finish it. Apparently it's gonna be a huge one.

she and her brother are powered by the love of fans

I hope this turns out alright.

Is there more of these?

its all from an official picture book
bell even has a dvd

bump for more cute Bell

Just got two, also, what are the best PS3 baseball games?

Super Mega Baseball. MLB The Show is just too glitchy.

Looks like NBA Jam 2010 with better models and animations.

ehhh. Hope that doesn't mean "fair and balanced" online play. There's nothing better than finding an exploitable team/tactic. Dwight Howard + Shaq in PS3's NBA Jam was a retardedly strong team that could alley oop and bully people. I had children screaming at me online every night.

Also I just wanna point out how quality this thread is.

I'd jack into that.

Does Mel Gibson's Safari count as a sport?

Apparently the devs are trying to find a balance between NBA Jam and NBA Street.
I think it's just for unlocking more special dunks and tricks.

I totally agree with this sentiment. Sportsball games are no fun when they're too balanced, you need to either have the game unfair for the little league teams or everyone needs to have some gimmick or stat that makes them unfairly strong given the right circumstances.

Here is a run down of the info that just dropped today;
- inspired by both NBA Jam and NBA Street
- swipe at the ball to try to steal it from an opponent
- shove the player to knock it loose
- you need to have some of your sprint meter to do this
- if you shoot while sprinting toward the hoop, your player will attempt a dunk
- over 300 different dunks
- includes a crossover dribble move, which is done with the right analog stick
- as you sink baskets and play good defense, you’ll build a Lottery Pick meter
- once full, this meter will give you a random special ability for a limited time
- one of them will make your opponent's shot clock runs twice as fast, giving them only six seconds instead of 12
- another boost puts star icons in various locations on the court
- if you score from those spots, a multiplier will double, triple or even quadruple your point value
- can be played by four people in the same room
- will debut with two-player head-to-head play online
- four-player support coming soon in an “early update”
- big plans for post-release content additions, including roster updates
- more than 150 NBA athletes, including current players such as LeBron James and Kawhi Leonard as well as retired legends like Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing
- game’s progression mechanic is focused on unlocking the entire roster gradually
- start with three card packs, which give you five players each, and you earn a new pack each time you level up
- no microtransactions
- if there’s a demand for the ability to buy card packs, Saber can add that feature later
- each of the 30 NBA teams has at least three active players, plus retired athletes
- Saber aims to add hundreds more in post-release updates
- earn experience for individual players, which gradually unlocks new moves like dunk animations
- at launch, NBA Playgrounds will offer tournament modes for offline and online play, in addition to one-off exhibition games
- planned additions include a dunk contest and a three-point contest