Holla Forums Wurm Unlimited general: ser/v/er never edition

SER/v/ER HYPE (NEVER EVER)

Wurm is a game about building houses and settlements in the wilderness while not getting your balls chewed off by bears. Due to a lack of pirate servers with unBurched admins, we are in the midst of working on making our own server. Come join us for the times ahead because they will be both comfy and brutal.

Holla Forums wurm general Discord for whateverthefuck: discord.gg/9sABbGt
Previous thread: archive.fo/KwA0T

Current Settlements:

Bronigsburg
Server: Mythmoor Prime
Rates: 7.5x skillgain, 3x action timers
How to connect: Buyfags only unfortunately. Select Mythmoor from the server browser, create your character, use the Northlands Portal which should be located near spawn, which should put you on the same map as the new deed. Send a /tell to one of the villagers or post your name in the thread for an invite.
Additional Info: The training dummies at spawn are unbreakable so feel free to get swole before heading to Northlands.

Brocelona
Server: Digital Refugee Camp
Rates: 4x skillgain, 4x action timers
How to connect: Pirate friendly but their admins are why we're making our own server. No activity because of the admins but the deed is still up and their client will likely be what's used to connect to the Holla Forums server so they get to be on the list for now.
1) Download and install the client from here: dropbox.com/s/q6ncre3mgqnrw93/WRC-21_09_2016.exe?dl=1
2) Open gamesettings.txt in WRC\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
3) Change the value for connectByIpIP to 88.1.54.34, save changes.
4) Run WurmLauncher, choose your name and enter the proper IP : port = 88.1.54.34 : 3724
5) Create your character and follow the directions given in the map posted.
6) Post your name in the thread for an invite.
Additional Info: dedserb

Patch to update the WRC files to 1.3.1.3 (Cooking update)
mega.nz/#!wz5CwCCC!4NTltfLAANpDQcpMbKoueqf6HM8ctPer18uKkCIPim4
Extract to the WRC folder in the client linked in the Brocelona section. Once a cracked 1.3.1.3 server is made available you should be able to connect to it via Direct IP connection once it goes up.

Prepatched download for lazy nigs
mega.nz/#!tRcCjDhS!6j-uyxJ0g5fRJwcZ69_VYREE8gqJ2CVLazIIyWHUtP4

TIPS FOR NEWFRIENDS
If you are caught in the water with no stamina (green bar) left you will start to drown. Catch your breath before attempting to cross a river/lake.
Most enemies can’t swim. If an enemy is chasing you, it can easily be avoided by moving into the water and swimming away. Enemies that CAN swim include bears, anacondas, and crocodiles.
The tent you are given when you create your character functions as a spawn point. If you’re running for your life, and the end draws near, just chuck that fucker down so when you do bite the dust you don’t get sent all the way back.
New players lack the Body control skill needed to ride a horse (21) but are able to ride cows (not bulls). Use the rope you start with on a cow to Lead it which will then allow you to Ride it. You do not slow down when out of stamina when riding on an animal or cart, allowing you to go at full speed for the whole journey.
Note that if the Holla Forums server starts people with no equipment the last two tips will not apply. If there are no established villages for you to join your first task should be to forage tree tiles for branches and rock tiles for iron rock and rock shards with which to make a crude knife and other basic tools.

ALL OTHER GAME INFORMATION
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/yg5wit
poal.me/ktsoit
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/
mediafire.com/file/imta084cx866kpk/map.zip
wurmunlimited.com/2017/04/11/april-devblog/
mega.nz/#F!s4t3EIxR!qtu8B3MQM0TwpVigxsmItQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here are the polls from the last thread if anyone cares

Starting tools
poal.me/yg5wit

Spawns
poal.me/ktsoit

Huy guise I hord der gun b serba

NEVER
EVER

Why not just make it like wurm online? 10ql shittools that can't be improved, with a permanent starter deed for each faction so they have a place to spawn.

I know what i must do

It's a good post

Looks like that's the prevailing notion

Pretty much this but I dunno about ore and the whole map being PVP just means the fighty cunts will wreck everything they see for their fun and fuck the rest of us over, which is most of us.

PVP zones are fine though and if people trespass or whatever then that'd be grounds for a rumble.

Tool for creating a map

Map Generator: forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/
It's capable of generating its own heightmaps for you to fuck around with. You can also have the tool splatter around resources such as trees and clay on its own, or hand-place them yourself.

If you want to import a custom heightmap, the tool is a stingy motherfucker that will only accept 16 bit grayscale PNG images of the exact resolution of the map you're trying to make (2048x2048, 4096x4096, etc) which means you'll need something to convert your images to the proper format because they'll probably be 24 or 8 bit instead. I've been using ImageJ for that purpose but I'm sure there's other tools out there.

Just defend your shit better, make an actual fortress instead of a niggershack in the middle of nowhere. Flatraise your town, make longhouses, create guard towers and archery towers. With all that and a few guards, your town is basically immortal against a few retards.

For fighty cunts tho there are archer towers and KoS, no matter how badass some faggot thinks he is, he cant solo 1 village if there are constant arrows raining on his head and guards, destroying a palisade wall its also really difficult and would require a catapult, so villages would be rather safe heavens from the roaming bandits, also since you die and lose everything its not really an easy life to have everyone else as your enemy, even if you are the best fighter you have to rest some times.

Even if some fag makes a catapult it would take a lot of time for it to break enough of the defenses so he can make its way to the token and loot, only a highly autistic group of at least 4 people would be able to maintain a siege on a small village long enough to break into and loot it, i expect this to happen but it will probably be rare and dangerous for the attackers.

Also this also opens the possibility of mercenaries and player guards, dont worry tho, your house is probably gonna be almost as safe as it was in the previous serb.

I forgot to say that you can set random spawn along with faction spawn so dont worry, if you want to spawn in the wild its possible, if some fag is spawnkilling or you just want to find a far away place where nobody will find you.

Regional ore is how wurm online worked, and iron was everywhere. It took expeditions (or extremely long tunnels for prospecting if you want to dorf) to find decent sums of non-iron ore, or high ql iron ore. It was fine, and opened up the need to leave your deed if you want to find anything.

Also, last Holla Forumsserb we had a fighty cunt, and he honestly wasn't a problem. He didn't bother coming near the village before the walls were up due to spirit guards. A single archer tower would have stopped him coming near the place, but nobody ever built one. They just complained about him.

Please don't give the server the freedom ruleset.

only picture I have but i'm fairly sure you couldn't really see the clever trap until you were in range.

so we might actually be able to make shitty sub-factions without using epic rules

Full PvP will be gay as hell. Combat in this game is shit, confine that autism to either a side map or specific zones.

full combat only final destination

>Pirate friendly but their admins are why we're making our own server
HAVE YOU NIGGERS LEARNED NOTHING?
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

if it is public then it will be fine

Fuck off, autist.

There's a difference there mate

Every single thread there's that one sperg who comes in and flips a tit. How sad.

Not really an option, 1 map per server and who the fuck knows how to link them

We had a pvp zone on the lake chefchigan map and nobody ever used it. There's literally no point when you can just right click someone and duel them anywhere. The admin was supposed to use it to put treasures in the middle and have people fight over it, but I don't ever recall him doing that.

Our options are basically no pvp whatsoever or full pvp. Wurm without pvp or normalfag neighbors to harass is no fun.

Look if that dumbass Pownstar can do it anyone can do it. There's probably a guide on the Wurm forums.

So how about those servers?

We've been had. Abandon all hope.

It's just a game, shit gets wiped, all that is to be learned is there is no such thing as permanence.

Let's hope so.

If it''s one map per server and the serverfag only has one server and we can't do a virtual server PvP map or something then I guess that's a legitimate point.

This is still in play though, because while that one admin didn't make the PvP zone worthwhile the fact that he managed to create one and the fact that he could have means our serverfag potentially could as well.

MAKE THE SERVER PVP. I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, TO RAZE EVERYTHING YOU BUILD TO THE GROUND, TO CRUSH YOU, TO SEE YOU DRIVEN BEFORE ME, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF YOUR WOMEN.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ANOTHER CHANCE TO KILL YOU ALL FOR TOO LONG TO BE DENIED NOW: MAKE THE SERVER PVP.
-t verd

did you just remotely give me autism?

I just want pvp on so I can hit my neighbor a medium wound from time to time

You are the reason we turned off PVP and then you still were a massive faggot on richfags anyway, go away.

Even I may be verd, and I'm gonna go kill myself on the off chance I am.

Can't connect to Brocelona. Keeps saying my connection is timing out. Have the correct port and config files set.

IP might have changed. Dunno why you're bothering anyways people left that piece of shit already.

will fight fight cunt for hot erp

I'll hotty hot ERP your fighty cunt 1v1.

Here's my best attempt at a map. I tried to make it a good mixture of flat, habitable grassland, and inhospitable mountain ranges that nomadic hermits could retreat into. Also I made sure there were lots of waterways, so people can travel by boat.
mediafire.com/file/imta084cx866kpk/map.zip

I would like it if we had more maps to choose from though, it's hard to know what's good or bad without anything to compare it to.

2 much water

How the fuck am I supposed to show off my sikk Body gains from my time in the mines?

is hostman dead or something?

dont jinx it

what the fuck is the password for the test server again?

Brhodesians never die

Was it still up?

no

Okay, how the fuck do I modify the files so as to not completely break what is already set up? I want to do it sneaky breeki like.

To add,is it just merging the modifed server.jar to the folder and relaunching? Or am I going to have to reconfigure the server for direct IP connections?

Are you our savior Hosty McAdmin? I don't know Wurm but the modified .jar copied over the initial one is probably worth a shot.

I'm the first fag who wanted to host, but I was waiting on confirmation for my compatriot who owns the rack- but like I said, he got the buyfag version.

Well this is gonna get weird, we got another host guy yesterday who straight rented one lel.

Maybe he died to the richfag curse- I might hold off on setting it up, as I don't want to split the playerbase.

Well theres a 3rd guy who has a lot of experience hosting just no experience hosting wurm

that lower middle island is fucking unplayable my dude
and I'm not just talking about the vertical rock mountains, you've got a ton of grassy hills that will be 100% impassable by mount or vehicle
this map is a navigational nightmare
all those tiny hilly islands may as well be open water for how little reason there is to touch em
2/10 would not play

I could host but all I have that I can use for a dedicated server machine is an overclocked pentium 4, 1536MBs of ddrwhateverthefuck and a 50mbit fiber connection in southernmost Brazil.

i feel like an ideal map would be crossed by rivers deep enough for ships to pass through, along with a lot of clay/sand deposits on the riverbanks

a good map needs three things, requires three other things and also wants three other things to

Last we heard from him he was trying to convert the adventure server had going on to being a more typical multiplayer Wurm server with Holla Forums tailored settings. He did already drop the cash though, so I think we should give him a shot.

This is the only thing giving me hope

I have faith in him, I hope he comes back to discuss progress/any difficulties he encounters in furthering the server.

how do you intentionally make a map this bad?

If you've got a problem with too much water… why not let me turn it into lava?

hmmm can boats swim through lava? do they damage it?

Third one is best. It actually has a spot in the center where HOTA can conceivably be placed.

the maps should be 4k tho - if we plan to get some normans in

the second one looks nice
are those deserts on the other ones or steppe?
if i remember steppe has this fucking annoying wind ambience

I really dig 1 and 3.

Otherwise you're on the right path, just don't get too wild with the elevations and water proportions. And be liberal with the clay deposits.

This is all sound advice.

2k should be fine. Considering we're 12-20 people at max hermits should have no problem getting away from the rest of society and assuming each kingdom spawns in their own part of the map (JK in northeast, MR in northwest, HotS in south for example) it'll make traveling to raid or get to the HotA not take forever.

With nothing but anons the drama will be oversaturated.
We need a common enemy - the normans, ergo, 4k map. Plus 2k just by seeing it makes it look small and claustrophobic.

4k would benefit regional ores, too. If hostfag goes that route.

And how the fuck are you going to convince them to play on this server and not on a buyfag server or pownstar's safe space?

Some of them will not need convincing, others will be impossible to convince. Really all you need to do is pitch a Holla Forums server to cuckchan Holla Forums if you want to harvest normans, maybe some Leddit pirates. The competition for a cracked server is very minimal because Pownstar's server is shit, the only other major one I'm aware of to begin with and most of all - does not actually need to be advertised anywhere where we advertise and probably won't because he's a fucking cuck normalfag. We just drop him from the thread OPs and pretend he drowned himself out of entirely justified shame for having totally failed as a man.

Well the fact that this one is pirate friendly and pvp, basically this serb is something that hasn't yet been. Should focus on those 2 points and maybe, MAYBE if the admin/host or whatever makes some events with named mobs or something.
Or just stealth advertisment on reddit and some other infested places

The PvP stressing is good, but the biggest deal is the sheer numbers at work here favoring us with at least some traffic. If we go full PvP, retention would probably be a bigger issue than anyone showing up or not, just because the norman is quick to ragequit when prodded lightly. Even if they all bail though, that's still some norman prodding and revolving door traffic. If we let them deed up and do their best, only harvesting their sorrow when the time is right - then we may also have a long game to fuck with them. It's really open ended.

If its possible maybe script a blood moon when fighting affinity is increased for everyone. That should rile some people up on both sides.

there's no reason not to have regional ores

I vastly prefer we do have them, I only note the possibility we wouldn't in case of more drama about it like last thread. If last thread host ends up hosting, he did voice support for regional ore so we would/will likely have it.

Fair enough, but someone's going to need to be on the ball when it comes to shilling our shit once the server is up. On the first ser/v/er people said they'd get others by advertising and then nothing came of it, presumably because they were too busy working on their houses and grinding because the server was finally open.

For PvP we should have the three kingdoms as well as allowing people to make Player-made kingdoms. To make a PMK on WU you only need 1 person (on the MMO you need fucking 25) and a declaration of independence which can be bought from a trader, which is another reason why the starting spawn towns of each faction should have at least 1 trader. The regular price of a declaration is 1g but it can certainly be lowered.

The drama last thread was retarded. The ones who were against it were under the assumption that it would make iron rare, and it wouldn't. I think they were arguing for arguing's sake, realized they had lost, and switched gears to pvp this thread with the verdposting.

The drama was retarded on both sides. People relentlessly complaining and samefagging to try and force their preference onto the rest of the players are the fucking worst.

Here's an idea; Why not limit endgame materials to a PVP enforced area, while the rest of the world is PVE.
That way people might have fun planning heavily armed expeditions complete with guards, have other people plan to rob returning caravans and such.

Meanwhile the people who find PVP to be absolute cancer can stay in town and utilize the materials brought back.

Then DRC is your place to stay and lick Powns anus

Go back to CoD please.

The hardcore pvpers won't have it, and I can't really blame them. The ACTUAL pvp is shit, most of the fun comes from sieging/raiding/scheming which you won't find if people can build in safe areas.

That's what Wurm online did with epic. Up to 70ql ores on the (relatively) PvP-less home servers/maps, and and you had to go to the central map/server that connected all the home servers if you wanted access to
And for both Chaos and Epic, access to

But this was with 2+ separate maps linked together by their borders, so giving them different settings like ore quality and artifact presence was easy to manage. I doubt you'd be able to accomplish all that without some specialized map editing tool that probably doesn't exist, and even then you'd have a bunch of valuable stuff packed into one small corner of the map, which would either be hell or reach an equilibrium where nobody actually fought.

The pvp was shit no matter what angle you approach it from. It was so shit that raids were scheduled when the enemy was offline because the pvp was the worst part of it, and the only good part was stealing someone else's rare training dummy, burning their wemp farm, and taking money from their settlement coffers until their deed disbanded and the mayor quit the game forever.

That said, I'd still take a pvp server over freedom servers any day.

There are no hardcore pvpers you dingbat, the entire MR faction on the last Holla Forums server got completely fucked over by one fucking autist because he was the only person on the entire server who went out and pvped. Some people are still so mad about it almost a year later that some of them are pretending to be him to shitpost.

That server got fucked over by badmin, the only 'pvp' that happened was a guy on a cart butchering things in starting gear got killed by someone who knew what they were doing, and another player walked into HoTS hyenas and got mauled to death. Then someone in the MR town turned out to be traitor, looted the town and then the map was abandoned due to badmin turning the shoreline into lava. The people who scheme and use VPN's to maintain cross-faction alts for the very purpose of betrayal ARE the hardcore pvpers. I'd like to believe that there aren't any, but I severely doubt it.

Do you have any evidence anyone did this or are you just afraid of your own shadow?

Come on, richfag.

So does nobody like ? I guess if I had to choose between these three, I'd go with 1. 2 has nothing of interest and 3 somehow comes off as too much land. And has, as it's been pointed out, too much water with all the land that is available a bitch to get around in. Alternatively, niggas could just learn how to terraform and stop being bitches, but. if nobody likes the map posted early in the thread, I'd be very happy with 1.

EITHER WAY, SERVER WHEN?

The villager who broke into houses stealing shit and killing animals literally admitted to being a HOTS spy alt, and he was part of the MR settlement group since the day the server went up.

Can always run a local server for shit you don't want to get wiped. That's what I'm doing at least so I can figure shit out better and not have to jack around from square one constantly like I have the amnesias.

No one knows because richfag has apparently fucked off into the abyss, but it is a workday, assuming he isn't a good boy blowing his points on a serb.

Like I said, I've got a server ready to go if I can crack it without getting discovered and v& from ever using that rack again.

How much longer is worth waiting until somebody (you) steps up and covers for richfag fucking off?

It's been two days nigger- if he's not back by the weekend I'll start up the serb.

IIRC the problem with was that the files for it got corrupted, and as far as I'm aware you can't build/restore a map from an image alone. Hence NEVER EVER.

I don't think you know what that means

He knows what it means, he just can't bear the thought that more than one person disagrees with him, so he cries samefag to protect his fragile ego.

I gotta honestly respect the plots within plots tier betrayal that the man had caused. That must have took some serious turboautism to pull something like that off.

Probably just got bored or was just a literal nigger.

Could be. I just wish I could play Wurm already and build a comfy mine house with my brother.

Let it die.

If mark wasn't such a piece of shit you would be banned already for doing this in every thread you sperg.

Except I wasn't one of the autists that ruined the last thread with their constant demands. I was actually playing the game. The last time people started making more and more vocal requests we had a poll which was promptly spammed by a single autist to force the server settings they wanted. Before you cry paranoia, one of his own friends outed him after the server died. Again, the people who force their preferences onto others are the fucking worst.

But someone is going to wind up having someone else's preferences forced onto them. That's the whole nature of setting up a server. The best we can do is try to be reasonable about it, and we're not going to get that from being paranoid about samefags.

Shut the fuck up, the queer wouldn't stop crying for something like 70 plus posts.

So filter him you stupid nigger. You'll notice the guy I am replying to is claiming both sides are samefagging or trying to force their preferences on people cause of one dumb autist so fuck off faggot.

All the pent up waiting-for-server-rage is coming out. This has been an epic cock tease.

>there were two serverfags this whole time and we still don't have a Holla Forumsserb

3 even

The only thing stopping us from playing is a map you niggers.

imagine the meme potential

If you got one that doesn't have a bunch of text on it could work.

It's only on the irrelevant parts :^)

You're not wrong

It really sucks that you live in Ireland

wew
how big is it

2048, and I had to scale them both up. The left one looks smooth, but the one on the right has compression artefacts etched into the landscape and steep hills or cliffs for beaches all over the place.

good so far
>goes to a dark brown as the elevation rises and keeps getting darker
It's like whoever designed this did it just to trigger me. If it was consistently dark to light throughout it would be fucking perfect. But no, everyone who makes a map has to do some retarded shit like use an absolutely nonsensical color progression or try to give the mountains shadows for depth.

That's bullshit, I set up neat shit like that troll fort and I was working on a server event (demon invasion) - server owner flipped his shit, rolled you back, kept fucking up.

I second this.

can you actually build huge castles or does the carpentry size limit prevent you even at 99?

ip: 2.110.59.210
port: 7777

user this better not be you fucking with us

Can confirm, this server is up and running. Thank you, user.

Guess since the server's up I can stop. Here's what I ended with in case anyone ever wants to pick up in the future

And you sound like a faggot apologist. Fuck your server.

Confirmed again, I hear someone chopping.

Woot, bye life.

my attempts to dig through SRTM data to get a heightmap have failed catastrophically

Freedom ftw

No I am just not nigger who gets butthurt over trivialities.

I gave up on it and decided to do some photoshop wizardry with to make

If that failed I planned on downloading QGIS to look through the data, but photoshop was going alright. I think all it needs is to mess with the color curve and then smooth it out by blurring it a little.

i just booted up its working what kingdom u niggers going play

MR

is this good custom map/settings/mods or just another temp default

>The server denied your connection attempt for the following reason:

Oh good this old thing again.

Sweet. Just to make sure, with the update, Player Files is the only folder you have to set aside, yes?

Post more of these pics.

is this server staying up as it is?

Is anyone aware of the answer to this question?

yes

You're alright, user.

this is the map we're on

where's the clay eggman

for the lost bastard

no idea

underwater

Just excavate it from the dirt you…you….YOU DOUBLE POWNSTAR

nice meme

So clay was added near spawns? What about us hermitfags?

go to spawn and dig some up

Nothing to worry about there, I'm sure.

Such is life in the zone, Stalker

it begins

Do we have one with higher res? also where do we spawned?

Can someone spoonfeed the linux client to me? I couldn't find a pirate version on the internet.

we spawn here ish

What did you do to get the server running? I want to try making a server but don't know how.

[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.[15:31:40] Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.

Too late famalam

Dead on arrival

i dont have anything else

Ya mning appears to be impossible

fix this shit you triple nigger because otherwise you did a good job

Anyone actually manage to find clay yet? The fact we can't make forges and good looking houses without it is pretty stressing.

isn't snow just a meme tile that's only on test servers?

You can't forage on it, you can't get rid of it through digging, and I don't think you can even make snowballs with it like you can with regular grass tiles during the winter season.

admin put some at spawn, the issue now is iron and actually mining

As far as my brother and I have done with mining, we dug downward a few tiles, then began to dig around. The issue for us is finding iron. We found a vein but it broke on a single swing. Not exactly a dwarf industry

In addition to the mining issues, I think there might be a (much less significant) issue with the cooking update system. The temporary affinities food gives to be specific, been getting negative duration ticks of them while eating for long stretches - basically meaning that it just doesn't actually do anything.

what's the ql?
pretty sure the buff duration's based on that

FIX IT

I will keep testing it to see if it improves with better QL but the whole ticking down as you eat quicker than it ticks up thing seems pretty fucky on its face.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay me, hopefully the admin fixes it, I got hopes for you admin, don't let us down

Christ alive, I'm fine with death and all that, but at least give me a fuckin compass to see where I am again

Didn't realize apparently tents have to be built in kingdom. Shitty luck on my part, but what can you do?

Except I'm not interested in needing it to run for you guys at the moment, I was just trying to figure out how to make one in general in case I make an adventure server or something.

I was kidding but i think it could be a good idea, someone could host a small map full of crazy shit like dungeons and lots of rare ores and connect it to the main serb we are playing so people can go on a crusade there, maybe some pvp when 2 parties of different kingdom find a treasure, idk it could be fun and since its no the main map lots of crazy shit could happen without repercussions

It'd be kind of a cool idea, but we would need at least one or two actually organized settlement. Right now it seems to be onesy's and twosys atm

That was my plan for it: Somewhere with a lot of really good ores and such that is worth going into, but there's also a risk involved with being a free for all zone with shitloads of danger that shit can go wrong really quickly. Think of it like the Wurm equivalent of the zone.

I was one of the Brosmouth founder, stopped playing some time into Broschwitz.

Where the fuck should I play? Which settlement has the highest population?

There aren't any settlements yet

I kind of want to join but I've never once played Wurm, should I or should I back out now to save myself from the autism? I'm only curious because it all sounds kind of fun

Join and find out for yourself, you'll solid spend a long time having fun and the sooner the better for the grinding

Know 1 thing when playing wurm: It's not a video game.
Watch something or listen to your favorite music while you play the game with your brain on comfy/shutoffd mode. The gameplay is literally just looking at loading bars but you can do some really cool stuff in it.

Give it a shot at least, it's a pretty uniquely autistic game.

it's often an arduous, grating slog of autism, but the weighty investment pays off in magical moments of exploration, combat, celebration and general comfy town life with your fellow bros

wurmunlimited.com/2017/04/11/april-devblog/

Noice.

(trip-dubs checked)
jizz in my pants about the marble house and the red brick one as well

Oh, nea-
FUCK

It'll actually work now though.

Which direction do I run from spawn to find people I don't know what I'm doing

There's a map earlier in the thread marked with what seems to be the current major settlement. Or else you can follow the light to find a hermit.

Fuck me it's going to be a walk there, at least I found a rare twenty coin..

Is the game dead?
I may consider _buying_ it.

But only if the game doesn't devolve into a shitshow like last time

About time.

Honestly who gives a shit.

I'll try again tomorrow

Richfag
I've been told clay needs to be spawned into the map because reasons. If you see this, could you drop some up by the altar? Or drop some more sporadically that you may already have?

I jumped on maybe an hour ago, might be about a dozen on. There was twenty earlier.

Srry m8. I've had the best luck, no random horrors have attacked me yet. Where are you trying for?

The settlement

Dont buy this shit, rolf is a talentless jew, but you should join the game is quite active and no big issues have arisen so far

Odd matter to capitulate about, you need to swing.

It's already been spawned in. It's a tile you dig from near spawn, not an item

I'm aware of what a clay tile is. The issue is that it's not frequently available elsewhere. I'm not going to go all the way back to spawn to get clay to take all the way back to where I want to set up shop. That's rediculous.

They ever never frequently available to begin with. You either settled near one if nobody else had already done so or went out and filled a cart or boat with clay every time you needed to restock. You don't need everything within arms reach of your homestead.

And I don't need to go all the way back to spawn to get the only tile in the whole map. If it was spawned in once before, it can get spawned in again. That's what I was told, that's what I'm going with. Why have a whole map if everyone's going to settle in the same spot? I thought the whole idea was to get multiple towns going, encouraging more people to play. I don't think I'm out of line on this.

To clarify: the map, as I am told, was created without a single clay tile in it. That's why it had to be spawned in. Normally, maps have their own naturally-created clay tiles. Whoever made this map overlooked this. I'm not even asking to have it right outside my door, I'm asking for it to be more widely accessible than one single tile in an entire map. It makes no sense to keep one single tile of a resource needed to do so much shit which can just as easily get monopolized by one town.

i've heard from someone else they found clay, it was just in the ocean and it's rare
but i don't know if the map can be edited retroactively to throw it in more commonly without blowing everything up

If that's the case, if there are indeed clay tiles out there, fine. But that's not what I was told in-game. As stated, I have been told that there is only one clay tile in the map and it was one that richfag had to place in. If that is the case, then more effort has to be put in to assure that clay is a more easily accessible resource. If it was spawned in once before, it can be spawned in again. Having one single tile for a whole map ain't right.

just wait until someone decides they should place a deed on the single clay tile and forces everyone to pay tribute for clay access

inb4 dragunov

Availability and despotism, two sides of the same coin. Looks like richfag's on the case, tho.

Anyone else in JK?

only freedom

smh

why can't we get a good admin for once? :(

:^(

r8 my settlement name and motto m8s
The Baited Hooks Mine
"All we're missing is (You)!"

dohoho/10

bretty gud

how?

Hardwork, grit, sweat, determination, and Heaps and heaps of autism

Plus a sleepless night

wew, looks like WU runs nativly in linux. Time to join again.

You guys are all on Jenn-Kellon right?

No MR

Can I change factions?

Yes

How?

It's telling me I'm not agile enough to ride a horse despite have 21.00 body control, please assist

Make a shaft or something, you start just below 21

I didn't get the filename until the end and I haven't stopped laughing since.
Well played, homo.

front pager here
what's this doing in a wurm thread?

We made a caravan of wagons and had to cross a river to get to where we were trying to go

i don't have a reaction image for this feeling

Do the beginner tools break at 10 DMG?

guys i'm restarting the pc i gave up on the linux meme for now, i don't think anybody who bought the game has made the files available so i can pirate. How are we organizing?

all tools break at 100

Sorry Fam, but that's the B8'd Hooks Mine, I hear that it's run by a couple of dorfs. Never seen the lads though, hear they always are just hammering away in their mines

Note that as your item accrues damage it's "effective quality" will go down as well. A 50QL iron lump with 50DAM is effectively 25QL for example. What this means is that the more damage something takes before it gets repaired, the larger further damage ticks will be. This is why training dummies need to be repaired frequently because if you examine it and think "Ah it's only 50DAM" you'll be smashing it down before you know it. While repairing lowers the item QL, the deduction is so usually slight that the effective quality goes up from no longer being damaged.

tl;dr repair your shit frequently and everybody's happy

Someone explain this

no we're freedom

I was talking about the server here. I already made a new character.

Also I think everyone should move to it. We already have like 20 people.

It's a vestigial chat window leftover from WRC server. There's a file edit you can do to stop it from popping up every time but I can't remember what it was.

No such thing, user. The world belongs to MR, JK cucks will be purged.

no one owns the world man, freedom or nothing!

each man is a god, each god is a man

join freedom! be free, live free, die free!

This will have been a good server when all is said and done.

GAS JK NOW

fix stat gain pls

FUCKING PELTS

2nd map is filled with jagged edges and looks like absolute shit in game
the deserts are surrounded by steppe

this is what the hightmaps look like

at the time I made these the talk in the thread was that there should only be 1 of each of the different biomes

oh and these maps were done for the last time Holla Forums tried to host their own server

On a yuge map, at least two of each biome would be nice, but one good-sized tundra or desert would be okay. The real biome you need at least two or three of is steppe. The serb didn't have a ton of population outside of us and of their 4 steppes, one was rapidly drained of all bison, two had barely any and the most populous had maybe a dozen of an animal each player wants at least 4 of. I never found any respawned into the first steppe, either.

Got bored and decided to download the map generator and play around with it.

I call this map "The Great Autism Isles".

God damn that looks like trash.

don't put snow tiles on your maps
they're nice in theory, but they don't do shit in-game

That tells me absolutely nothing.

Post the village list.

S H I T

It's all mountain. Where would you settle? How would you raise a family? One wrong move and you roll into the ocean.

But it's aesthetic.

There's broregon and some autist just made his own village alone.

If you're talking about The Baited Hooks Mine it was actually 2 autists and heaps of autism

There is also Waylands, i plan on building a castle and make my own order of knights to guard the MR lands

How?

Weird i'm trying to PM you guys but can't. Different kingdoms can't contact each other?

You have to enable an option in the character screen

Enable these ya faggots

Oh sorry, thought i enabled that.
It is now.

Really makes me think

t. verd

L-lewd

shovel-chan is a dirty girl

Broregon has 7 people online
we're going to be the next brosmouth
join us bros

fantastic idea, would love to see this happen

What's going on with these factions? What faction has the least weebs? Is there a loonix build float around? Can't get this shit running in wine.

another linux user here, there is a linux version but i don't think anybody put it out for people to pirate. I'm on winblows now.

Finding an older linux client shouldn't be too hard but chances are it's an outdated one. 1.3.1.3 update might be some trouble finding.

I bought the game and am playing it legit on Linux. Where should I upload it?

I should also mention that it is the latest download through native steam.

Mega werks just delete the player files.

Is there any steam related DRM workaround with the other client? Also, mega is perfect.

idk about WRC (if thats what its still called, its been a year) and what they do to get around DRM. You could just try SmartSteamEmu and see if it works.

Im uploading the files now.

Im leaving the mods in the tarball. Remove them if you want.

Okay, thanks a million my man. Can't thank you enough.

this is hell

It got moved

did you mean me?

Yeah, non-MR starting deeds got moved.
Kill you're selve to spawn there

where?

I don't know I'm not freedumb :^)

you're right you're pretty dumb not being free but I'll forgive you

Dubs like those don't lie, FreedomMan

No problem. here it is: mega.nz/#F!s4t3EIxR!qtu8B3MQM0TwpVigxsmItQ

There is literally nothing free about freedom. You can't drag your fellow villager's pet seals into the ocean and then watch as they try to get it back. You can't take rares people left in their unlock tents. You can't even pick up items other people dropped on the ground.

Freedom isn't free.

Nice digits
Hopefully it should be ez money getting around any DRM. I'll post an update if and/or when I get it running.

freedom

freedom gotta be littered with the blood of not being a dickhead

you can't like, own other peoples stuff man

You could if you had the freedom to

soon one day you'll understand what true freedom means

Picking up your scraps before they rot does not in any way infringe on your right to leave them

I am a sovereign citizen you can't detain me

I'm out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

you can make tar

Holy shit famalam, relax for a bit

shut up you admin slut and do everything for me
t. user

You didn't even name my fucking seal you piece of shit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you can't like, name seals, they're free

Jesus Christ what a day

you can't like dump clay, the dlay is free

So the good thing is this should be everything needed for updating a cracked linux client.
The bad thing is I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing trying to crack this thing and smartsteamemu is windows based and I can't find a cracked linux client.
WRC is a russian group right?
If anyone has an old cracked linux based client please let me know I'd be a very happy guy.

Nigger stop pretending to be me you fat fucking jew.

bastard where are you?

this violates the nap
it's my garbage and mine alone
my spirit templar force that I have paid for will now kill you on sight in retaliation for your unjust aggression against my property

Good luck, I've already built archer towers just inside of my property, so any and all, clearly unwarranted and morally wrong aggression that violates the NAP will most certainly be met with swift and brutal justice.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to supervise of my child farmers in my cotton fields.

You can't, like, OWN garbage, man. All you can do is use it. The garbage belongs only to itself.

are you objectifying that garbage? you sexist pig

I joined in on the user's server, and I'm alone in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, what should I do? I have no clue how to do anything right now.

you can join up with us south the ways

Savor that feeling of helplessness. Find food and water first.

Have you considered running in a panic in some random direction until you starve to death or get mawled horrifically?

What faction did you join?

I played on a 4chan Holla Forums piratefag server last summer before it died with like 5 people playing on it, and I'm getting strong Wurm urges again, whats so bad about the admins in the piratefag server in the OP?

This game is a cursed, I can never put it down for more than a year without a need to come back.

Finally found the recording I took to prove the jew was real.

Anyone try building a house in a cave yet?

I had meant to in the mine my brother and I made but we got distracted a by a few other things, if someone has feel free to say something/post pics, because I'd like to do the same

For dorf reasons more than anything else

plants are growing way too fast

IT TAKES AFEW HOURS FOR PLANTS TO GROW THIS IS STUPID PLS FIX AND MAKE IT 24 HOURS OR LONGER

Decrease the sow timer too. WRC had zero sowing time.

What next? Or is something wrong and i can't make a deed?

nevermind i got it silly me

Road autism is a hell of a drug.

Fort Broventure is going up soon, anyone willing to join me would be very welcome, as long as you don't have any problems with being a member of the Freedom faction.

Broakland is looking for a dedicated Blacksmith.
JK Kingdom
Contact Wendingo ingame

Sorry it took us so long to make that guard tower man

For Chefexcellence

Spread those asscheeks wide, i'm going to give you my thank you for hotpocketeering.

If you joined MR you can become part of broregon. You probably noticed you have hunger and water values, you can get all you need to eat by right clicking tiles and selecting forage/botanize. Eventually you'll have edible food. While you don't have a container to store water just go to the nearest river, hunger/thirst don't go empty that fast.

Why do you need to prove it? people already know that.

Mcbastard, you around?

Messer and Kroghed log on so i can invite you guys

We'll be out for a while today, but we 'll try to be back soon famalam

any new settlers?

coming to join you lads this this game better be comfy

the comf is real once you're nice and settled

And if you have a good cook, i need one

you want a nice hard cook eh?

New thread when?

Once you know how to do shit and you have a home the game is the comfiest.

Because I'm still pissed the map got nuked before it updated.

How do I tell what faction I joined? I joined some faction with some Templars and set up a small camp by the giant glowing beacon. Which someone already sacked once on me.

Is that your compass I've got?

The default is JenKellog.. There's only 3 or 4 of them afaik, and 2 are gay lovers

You could always make your own. Olive oil, a needle and a pottery jar.

Or you can come get it. I'll be waiting.

Every time.

Man good music is good music. If I'm a faggot for wanting some PVP revenge to occur, upon me or otherwise, then I'll take it. Fuck it.

I don't have shit for supplies and I barely know how to do basic shit in the game, I doubt you'll have much issues in PVP.

If you haven't seen it, there's a wiki, Wurmpedia.