Can't run on a emulator that get 20k

youtube.com/watch?v=FKp0uBNrjV4

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=amd_processor-_-19-113-284-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113398&cm_re=amd_processor-_-19-113-398-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113436
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113434
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are some good Wii U games?

Does it play Xenoblade with no issues?

Can Decaf use Updates & DLC? Cemu can use updates & DLC if you just create the appropriate directories & drop the files in.

mario maker is a blast. i hesitated getting it for a long time because i was so focused on what it didnt have

No idea, but if I got a WiiU I'd try Bayonetta 2 (& 1), Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors.
Oh, and Breath of the Wild too. For some reason I feel that game is still meant to be played in the WiiU. Can barely see anything in the horizon when in handheld mode.

Does it run in linux?

All of them except for Sonic, Mario Party, Animal Crossing, and movie licensed shit.

Best games are Breath of the Wild, Bayo2, Dong Freeze, Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, and Mario 3d World

Wonderful 101

Decaf isn't comparable to CEMU yet but it does some things differently that might prove useful in emulating things more easily/better andlike you're seeing it runs a game that doesn't run at all in CEMU because of that, wouldn't expect the same progress from it simply from the fact that it won't have a full-time crew working on it.

what a jew

works on pc w/o emu

I was playing with Cemu earlier.

BotW is pretty much unplayable by my standards at around 14-20 fps with stuttering all over the place.

Wind Waker HD works very well. Supposedly this is the "bad" version but I never played the original so I have nothing to judge it against. I'm probably gonna go further into that game when I get the chance.

Hyrule Warriors died when I tried to start the game after the cutscene was a green screen. I'm messing with it right now. It might work but it seems kind of buggy.

Xenoblade X seems to work but it can stutter in places and currently it freezes on my way to the main hub town. This may have more to do with my lackluster PC rather than the emulator failing.

Mario kart 8 worked better than I expected. No crashes or anything that ruined the game for me. Occasional stuttering but it happened so rarely that it was not much of an issue. I'll dabble with it some more when I have more time.

Monster hunter won't launch.

My computer is decent but it could be better, that may be the cause of some of my problems. I also figure CEMU.

I think you'd be better off with Windows

It does some things better and some things worse. It has a lot of improvements in the gameplay department (grappling hook is actually fun to use, sailing can be faster, shorter fetch quest at the end) but the visuals leave a lot to be desired. Basically they ditched cel-shading for more "realistic" lighting and tons of bloom, and it doesn't work that well. That, and it still runs at 30fps and has frame drops when there are lots of particles on screen.

Shit man what kind of computer do you have? I have a 7 year old laptop and I can play BotW at 14-20fps

nani

Jesus Christ, are you shitting me? $40,000 a month? Why would they bother making it work properly if they can just ride the gravy train?

It was under 10k before BotW came out, if I recall.
As soon as they get it fixed, it'll drop by half.
I think they're just releasing big shit so people stick around, but staggering it so people keep funding them.

I'm sure their test builds are running it at 100%, considering every other release before BotW would be an amazing fix that made a bunch of improvements.

I guess I'm a fucking pleb since I think it looks alright.

This is why closed source emulation is a cancer and open sourced emulation is the chemo

Its great that Decaf is makimg progress. The big thing I want in an emulator is accuracy and hopefully having an emulator open source will help to accomplish that goal.

Be warned though, if you have no good, strong project leadership with a clear goal and a method that works then you run the risk of creating another PCSX2, an emulator that's a piece of shit given the PS2s weak hardware where compatibility is solely determined by what the community wants rather than just making the emulator accurate to begin with

There's your problem. AMD is trash with CEMU and an FX-6300 is a pretty underpowered CPU on its own.

Yeah, I think the CEMU devs have it out for AMDfags. I remember AMD users getting a bunch of graphical glitches on Xeno that weren't affecting anyone else AMD really does have really shitty drivers though but hopefully Ryzen fixes that

Yea I figured it was a processor issue. I was considering upgrading the processor but I don't think AMD makes any processors worth upgrading to for the price ranges I'm looking at.

That's the problem, you have an ancient processor. As technology improves better processors come out.

You need a newer processor. But you'll be needing a new motherboard anyways so why not make the jump to ddr4?

At that point I'm just rebuilding everything. It's not very master race but I'm more inclined to get a prebuilt.

I can swap out ram or a processor easily enough but building one from scratch is a real chore.

the fx6300 has actually improved over time and has overtaken the 2500k in performance as more applications became more multithreaded. Poor IPC but having competent software proves it's better than one of Intel's most popular chips.

Emulator software developers are incredibly bad at optimization of any kind for anything that isn't intel-nvidia, single GPU, they're extremely incompetent and can't multithread their applications for shit.

Your graphics card, case, and power supply are still good, as is the lesser stuff like a heatsink.

I suggest replacing half at a time, your 960 will get 20 FPS, I know because I have one.

It's not a bad processor…if I recall it came out back in 2012 or so? I'm sure tech has advanced quite a bit since then.

I could use a better processor for sure but it says right on the CEMU site that the thing is under development. I had no illusions that it would be perfect at this point.

Yea if your'e suggesting I do away with the Motherboard I gotta go in and demount everything and then remount everything afterwards. I know if i spent some time I could figure it out and do it properly but right now I need to focus on getting a job.

I'd just as soon turn my current rig into a backup computer to handle video rendering while I game on a new computer.

2012 was 5 years ago m8. And this is AMD we're talking about here. At least with Intel you could say they really haven't changed much since Haswell wither or not thats a good thing or not is irrelevant

more than likely I'd just upgrade my processor.

one of these maybe.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=amd_processor-_-19-113-284-_-Product

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113398&cm_re=amd_processor-_-19-113-398-_-Product

If you want to get something modern AMD just recently released the Ryzen 5 line.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113436

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113434

I had one of those. It was great for multi-threaded work but it was only ok for gaming, and that was like 3 years ago. The new Ryzens are way better, I have a 1700x and it was a huge upgrade. I think a Ryzen 5 would be a massive upgrade from FX 8350 too.

I'd have to get a new motherboard. Mine is AM3+.

Fuck off commie.

It looks decent until characters come under certain lighting conditions. Then they stop looking like a cartoon and start looking like plastic models.