How (un)original are you?

I'm thinking of fresh thread ideas to make here, and this is one.

Type up your idea in a sentence, or a paragraph about a fictional game that's been floating in your mindscape and jot it down here. Another user will see if your idea is generic and bring up a game that is very similar to it, and in a way, call you out for your lack of imagination and you will be disqualified. What we will be doing is preventing any repeats and really try to squeeze something new out storytelling and gameplay.

After around 230 posts, we will then elect the remaining anons with ideas that haven't been made yet and elect three winners (since one winner is usually boring, and causes infighting).

I'll start: You're a pair of crazed smileys and cute emojis that attack pedestrians and children, torturing them in comedic ways and using their blood as life energy.

Other urls found in this thread:

battleroyalegames.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Multiplayer dwarf fortress where after X number of years, your fortress goes off to war against another fortress.

Combat is mostly or entirely automated and can be viewed live for everyone in a web browser.

Fortresses will exist within the same world, so once an area has been conquered, the winning fortress goes onto fight the other survivors. Basically a tournament bracket, but with real geography with progress that can be mapped and history that can be written.

A first person shooter, but instead of guns, you hug people! When you drain their hug meter, they no longer feel insecure about themselves, so they go home to pursue hobbies and fulfilling relationships!

A good game

Nice plagiarism.

My idea is a political RPG where you take on the role of a governor or lord in a medieval fantasy world, and must balance grooming an heir and his party while also navigating intra- and inter-national politics.

That's a literal description of a possible Hatred mod, using killing as health recover is already a mechanic, is just a matter of adding new "comedic" animations and substituting notimportant for emojis, maybe add some npcs that kill civilians as well.

it doesn't matter how good your idea is, it's how you implement them that's important

To be more precise is not stealth at all, the proposal is explicitly select the most original in amidst of hundreds, in the moment you posted it the idea is already 'stolen', winning this just increase the chances of being executed somewhere.

This. Compare Godfather book and movie.

A multiplayer game where 1 person on each side plays as a "commander" in an RTS, creating units and sending commands… while 4 (just guesswork) players on each side play as the actual platoon leaders, following the leaders commands (or not), issuing plans for their squad and gathering resources for the base, while taking on squads lead by players on the opposing side. Boots on the ground are played like an FPS, and their gear is determined by the upgrades that the commander has invested into.

I need to actually work in the industry, let alone own a company. I do understand your caution though.

Yes. I'd like that a lot, adding other smiley/emoji NPC's that tear fetuses out of pregnant women and force kids legs into a meat grater, then fling the crippled kids by their arms to attack other children as they give sharp shrieks, covered in blood and other bodily fluids.
Well, it seems I am disqualified.

Is that why undertale is so successful?

It's a casual mobile (no in game purchase shit) where the genre is fishing:

The twist? You're the fish! Fight the fisherman! Try to pull him into the water and laugh at his dumb ass.

A realistic surgery simulator where you have to actually do surgery

A massively-multiplayer (couple hundred people per game) first-person shooter where guns are an absolute rarity, but where everything else can be equipped. Plays MMO-style in a city, where you can break down tables, chairs, etc to use their pieces as weapons (or just pick them up entirely). So you basically just run around beating each other to death or throwing shit at each other. Most of the stages would just be some suburb or a couple city blocks. The stages are very heavily destructable, with most walls and buildings being able to be taken down with enough effort. Most kills at the end of the round wins, with the basic playstyles being deathmatch or team deathmatch.
Every stage has a couple guns stashed around (usually in some desk drawer or something), and these are almost instant kill, but no extra ammo is available.

I want an FPS where "Holy shit, look out, he's got a gun!" is something that somebody would say seriously, and everybody would scatter avoiding that person (or trying to get the jump on them from behind).

A team squirrel game, where you play as clans of squirrels trying to steal each other's nuts and stopping squirrels from getting your nuts. You can climb trees, all over houses, and other fun squirrel things. For fun (but probably not much actual gameplay effect), you can scare cars and make them get into wrecks, too.

Isn't this a lot like Crusader Kings II?

So like Splatoon but minus the squids?

Something kids could re-enact at the local playground without risking damages or injuries.

A moisture farming simulator where you farm water, sell them to a fluctuating market, defend your property from raiders, or primitives, buy robots to tend to your farm, and make sure you don't get on the governments badside.

DOTA: Enemy Territory

Horror game in which you play as a penis that must travel to the ancient vagina shrines and use your phone to solve really basic puzzles. Along the way you must defend yourself against STD monsters, who will drop their protein, which can be used as ammunition in your semen cannon. You must also gather a shit ton of resources so you can create new types of condom that protect you in various conditions, and other useful items.

The horror comes from how incredibly bored and demotivated you will become after your first twenty hours, when you realize that even though the game is huge and filled with content, it dawns on you that the designers have taken one type of objective and stretched it out for 200+ hours.

Turn-based RPG starring a mud demon who can subdivide himself into smaller party members with less health and weaker attacks. The mudfag wants hentai rape tentacles badly so he kidnaps a virgin and fights through an army of inbred relatives so he can sacrifice her to Beelzebub on Hell's Peak or some other mountain with a spooky name.
When the sun rises, he realizes she's actually an ugly crossdresser and Beelzebub the gigantic housefly tries to kill you for wasting his time.
I made a decent amount of concept art and assets for the game several years ago but lost almost everything. Someday I'll get around to remaking it and releasing it anonymously as a short joke game.

DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD

OP is trying to steal you amazing vidya ideas

Is it possible to truly steal an idea? You don't own thoughts or concepts.

It's not like I ever get to make them real anyway.
And even if they get 'stolen' they still are my memetic progeny.

He will never be able to steal mine

A Tech Noir game, where you play as a detective and the amnesic ghost of a murdered starlet, the gameplay is action based, with memory puzzles when trying to piece together what happened to her.

You can sue.

At least if OP steals my vidya ideas and makes them, I'll finally be able to play them. It's not like I was going to do anything with them anyway.

It's an FPS where you shoot down terrorists but you play as Hitler

Tactical (puzzle) game where you control movements of a squad of characrers. The difference is that the actions aren't performed in real time and they instead are recorded. This allows for you to have your party perform simultaneous actions and build game mechanics around it. Set in various time periods. Game mascot is a dog named Napoleon.

So, Senran Kagura: PBS but without the tits?

A game where you work as a farmer that specializes in exotic fruits and vegetables.
It's a comfy game where you import seeds into your greenhouse and rear plants. If you work hard at it, you can sell your fruit to get more exotic and difficult-to-manage species, unlock recipes, and show off your harvest at the local fruit fair. Eventually you can expand your operation into an outdoor field. Endgame species are mythical plants like the one in Gilgamesh.
You can customize your farmer with an extraordinarily detailed character creator that is better than the actual game for some autists.

Undertale tapped into dem sweet furry autismbux

Kek/Ogdoad vs Baal/Moloch/Astarte FPS/RPG

Deep sea construction mechs re-purposed for murder. Antagonistic octopus people.

You hack the gibson from the moon like the cyber cowboy you are.
that good?

I'm bored, so I'm giving realistic feedback on all your ideas.

Violence and blood against children is too taboo. Fail.

Too vague. Will lean on the side of complex: Too complex and time-consuming, playerbase too small to warrant any live feeds. Fail.

Too complex. Will garner less players than Civilization games. Fail.

Platoon leaders will not follow random matchmaking commander and will act on their own. Fail.

A possible mobile game that, with a difficulty curve and gameplay similar to Flappy Bird, could be a success. Success with reservations.

Far too complex. Fail.

Graphics too plain. Gameplay too limited. Fail.

Too vague. Will lean on the side of casual: May have been a successful flash game a few years ago, but as described has no place on mobile (too simple) or PC (too complex). Fail.

May have been a successful Xbox Live Arcade game a few years ago, but as described has no place on mobile (too simple) or PC (too complex). Fail.

Too vague, leaning on the side of precedent. Sounds like a bargain bin shooter with a boring twist. Fail.

A potentially good mobile game but depends completely on implementation. Potential success.

Action based/=/Memory puzzles. Fail.

Sounds like Transistor. Depends a lot on implementation. If dog is designed in highly-appealing artstyle, potential success. If dog is a typical dog whose design doesn't stand out among other video game dogs, fail.

Sounds slightly too difficult to be considered a good mobile game. Fail.

Not trying to kill your ideas here, just want to tell you so you don't invest time in them. Change some of the core concepts around and you might have success. Remember, the top 3 best selling games are Tetris (simple goal), MineCraft (user-made goal), and Wii Sports (arcade games).

I pitched the "You visualize sound" to several companies 2 years before it became a thing. I know they used my idea.

So what ideas do you have, big shot?

A strategy game that works along with a big AAA FPS or other action game.
For the sake of this thread, I'll use CoD.
Instead of playing the latest shitshow of wall jumping and plasma dildos, you have to manage the resources that would be necessary for a single match and/or a set of matches.
Instead of blasting faggots with a tritium shotgun, you get to allocate funds, schedule resupplies, hire millions of mindless drones for respawns, and so much more!
If you do well in managing, your team benefits. If you don't, your team runs out of ammo halfway through the match and you're receiving death threats.

user you just made me nostalgic.

the weak point of your pitch is "bonus points if you kill nothing but whites/males/etc."
Completely unrealistic

battleroyalegames.com/
I see too many similarities
Sure yours is more destructible and less guns but same concept

Made a WebM a while ago, I should re-make it for the 12MB limit we have now though.

Go home Ubisoft, come up with your own shitty faux indie game ideas.

An open world ARPG about growing up as a child in the Balkans. I don't mean fighting imaginary monsters, caused by your poor life conditions and abusive surroundings and shit, I mean hitting other kids with lead pipes for fun. It would have different classes, like fat kid, lanklet, average, faggot(the kid that throws rocks and shoots you with his BB gun like a faggot), or girl(just a worse faggot). You upgrade weapons by going from wood sticks to steel pipes and shit.

At the start of your game, you choose a neighborhood or "kvart" to align yourself with, which chooses which companions you'll be able to recruit and which area of the city you start in.

Between brawls you wander around the city looking for wood pallets, cardboard boxes, and other assorted shit to upgrade your little camp you're building in a bush, or on the roof of an electric substation, or wherever.

It would also feature a social system, where you make friends with others from your neighborhood, and can take them with you to fights.

It would also need some kind of social stealth system, since you can't get caught beating the shit out of each other in front of your parents, or people that know your parents. If you get beaten up, or caught by someone, you end up grounded for how long depends on how hard you fucked up, the game doesn't restart, but time passes, and the balance of power, quote unquote, outside changes.

Anyways, the game ends either when your little camp gets memed, or if you make it to 12 years old, at which point, you're too old for this shit, and you start calling the little kids faggots and go drink with your friends.

VR imageboard simulator

I've had an idea that goes something like this:

Detective tries to discover why most of a small town goes missing (a la Roanoke). Goes "missing" like some of the townsfolk during his investigation. Gets a vision of a world-ending event that will happen in a week and you have to stop it, but are given the ability to restart at any given time. As a few gameplay elements, you are forced to restart on death, saving no weapons, conversations, etc. I was thinking that combat would be something that's brutal and difficult. Wounds persist throughout the game, so if you get hurt in certain ways later on, they'll still affect you days later. There would be some generic "otherworldly" enemies, but there's a set number of human NPCs which are reset upon your death, etc. Each human NPC has their own personality and combat effectiveness. As another gameplay element, I was thinking of making the world roughly the size of a small town and the surrounding farm area/forest. As a way of combatting invisible walls you see in other open world games, if you reach one edge of the map and continue walking, you end up on the exact other side of the map, like some sort of small globe, adding to the otherworldy feeling.

Just some quick ideas I thought of a while back. I've wanted to flesh out a lot of the gameplay and story details, but I haven't done it yet. Sorry for my idea being so long.

A game where you play as a man who rose out of a mass grave in the Arizona desert in the year 3999, long after an ecological collapse brought on by genetic engineering destroyed civilization. He has to find out why he came back from the dead (and why other people are coming back from the dead) while avoiding mutated wildlife and a federation of hostile Indian/White/Mexican tribes led by a god emperor. His search leads him through a heavily forested midwest, ruled by a Nazi civilization presided over by a eugenically modified immortal Übermensch and a secret circle of witches headed by the beldam that gave birth to him. He learns that the witches were controlled by a man who also founded a rapidly growing millenarian religion (because of the upcoming year 4000) and that the man is in the eastern half of the United States. After fighting through black and white tribes, mutated wildlife, and robots in the swamps and mountains of the Southern US, he makes his way to Washington DC to fight the preserved remnants of the US Army from 2400-ish, including robots and cyborgs, headed by a general with telekinetic powers. He reveals that the prophet is actually the Antichrist and that he plans to rule the Earth. Part of that plan is destroying the world ships initially intended for colonizing other worlds that lie dormant underneath the Arizona desert, for which the protagonist receives the launch codes. After backtracking to Arizona, the final dungeon begins. It's a compound filled with the millenarian cultists (mind-controlled and turned into demonic cyborgs) situated above the world-ships (filled with robots, mutants, demons, people from hell, and a Mega Man style boss refight but all the bosses are brought back to life with Satanic cybernetics). The final boss is against the false prophet, who is a warlock hunched over with a massive cyst on his back. When he dies, the cyst explodes and Satan comes out as a column of fire with eyes. You have to defeat him with a freeze ray and liquid nitrogen grenades because he absorbs all forms of energy. After defeating him, he vows to destroy the earth by using his energy to bore to the center of the earth, which would cause the magma to rise to the surface and cover the entire planet in a lake of fire. The protagonist orders the world ships to pick up points at different locations around the globe, and he succeeds in rescuing everyone who was not a member of the millenarian cult (possessing the mark of the beast). Over the next several hours, the earth becomes covered by magma, and the ships escape into space to land on pre-planned routes to habitable worlds.

This comes from several nights' worth of dreaming.I was thinking of calling it Tribulation. I've thought about making it a JRPG. Also, inb4 Fallout+religion, I've never even played any Fallout games.

I'd play that.

The player is a dragon that runs between linear rounts in a finite runner. They avoid obstacles and collect treasure until they reach the "end" of the route. The player also has a deck of cards, processed one at a time, that changes various things in play when active. Examples ranging from enabling the player to shoot projectiles, having player stats changed, or other various effects. Using a card's active ability disables it until its timer runs out and the next card is drawn.
Cards can be obtained in various ways. At the ends of routes, there are towns where the player can buy and sell cards only found in that town. Challenge runs on routes exist that can be completed for unique cards the first time the challenge is successfully completed. Those cards double as achievement trophies as well. The game could be casually played or the player could try to get a complete collection of cards.

Pics related. They're the First Playable I have for this so far.

I remember reading about a game where you play as an eastern European gangster, kind of similar.

Sounds fucking awesome, user.

Virtual Desktop exists.

An Armored Core with actual swords

Dark Souls except Ness is actually Sans.

You got my hopes up and everything. The main point in my idea is that everything is a weapon, not so much the battle royale idea. I guarantee that my idea isn't that unique. It's pretty much as simple as an idea can get ("What if you take a free-for-all FPS and remove all the guns? How would that work?"), but it sounds fun enough to play. It's definitely more of a casual game, though. It seems like one of those games that would be massive fun up-front and very quickly get boring when you realize that it's got a low skill ceiling and is more fun than strategy.
I'd still like to see it.

You have to build a mech out of meat. It's like My Summer Car but instead of a car it's a mech and instead of mechanical parts it's meat.

A rougelike mmo rpg
where you can join a party of 4 to jump into a random dungeon and go as far as you can to reach the end of said dungeon and fight said boss. (what keeps it interesting is the boss drops good shit so you can keep grinding to get all the drops)
(same with the dungeons, new loot everytime you enter)
enemies have elemental weaknesses or physical etc (etc SMT/Persona 1mores and shit)

Maybe classes or no? because i feel like you should build your character as you see fit.

story? you are a random person who has been (unwillingly) drafted to fight a never ending war of a man whos mission is to corrupt the world with his essence. You need to go into various area's and clean out the enemies and bosses to slow down the corruption i wasn't joking about never ending war

Thats all i got

A 3D action game where you're fighting viruses and diseases and shit inside the human body. Something like Osmosis Jones Rising.

Play as a successful artist and teacher who spirals into madness as she beg line researching Cthonic artifacts for an upcoming art exhibit. Her real life is juxtaposed with nightmarish dreamscape sequences where she figbts through strange landscapes for her sanity against horrific creatures straight out of Lovecraftian novels.

Gameplay is sit between real life and dream sequences. In nightmares, the player must utilize magical runes to solve puzzles and city off eldritch horrors. Symbols from The Necronomicon double as spells and collectibles (only certain ones are usable spells).

Also, the game actively fucks with the player. As the game continues, the player will experience brief lapses of sanity many waking lapses are scripted and can simulate bugs, instant deaths, loss of control, summon massive mobs of enemies, etc., and they get more common as time passes (nearly nonexistent at the beginning of the game). I know, Eternal Darkness. Lapses can even happen in menus, first startup (intentionally), and rarely on the title screen. You know, to really mindfuck players.

I blame you for this

Who doesn't want an Osmosis Jones Rising? It would be the tightest shit next to Ace Combat Rising.

Fuck, why not just give every Vidya series with a beta deuteragonist their own bad ass hack and slash spin off.

Looks pretty cute tbh fam

Honestly who wouldn't play it?

An Extended Reality Fetish game with equipment for every fetish except cucks, we can just check which country they are from and give points accordingly it's gonna be fused with a MMO RPG where you can use your fetish points to level up your character.
For instance:
Scat - you get points for the amount of shit you take, and it levels up your scavenging trait
gore - raises up your resistance to stun, or horrfied. Raises gore levels and you get higher chance for critical attacks.
Inflation - depending at what kind it either lets you move quicker or it lowers your need for water
Bonage - slave trade, trapping, capturing people

etc…

Back when the gods were shaping earth and humans, the god of war thought it'd be funny if he cut himself open and poured out his raging ichor into the primordial soup before life. This would have made all life just completely batshit insane but the other gods were able to drain 99% of the ichor out and seal it away. The remaining 1% became the basis for humans and human emotions. Flash forward to modern times, archeologists have managed to unlock the seal to the fountain containing the ichor which they refer to as mana. Mana gets sent to scientists who preform various unstafe and illegal experiments using the mana because nobody in the laboratory is very bright. They figure out that mana gives you supernatural powers but you start to fall prey to wilder emotions and desires the more you have and at dangerous doses it basically turns you into nothing more than a rabid animal. There is an attempt to prevent the news from reaching larger sources, but the documents are leaked and mana makes it through the black market making it a very popular drink for the rich. One of the original archeologists who injested a large amount of mana after commenting on its sweet taste dons a baker's outfit and bursts into the house of an elderly actor for one of the baker's favorite superhero TV shows from so long ago. He injects youth into the actor and takes him to his lair. The game is then spent playing as the actor where you have to preform the baker's strange and violent tasks until the baker believes you're skilled enough to defeat him in one-on-one combat. You have three friends who are all part of a cult worshiping the god of war. These friends are: a girl who is genuinely creepy and is always smiling, another girl who is trying so hard to be snarky that she comes off as annoying, and a formerly rich man who has guzzled so much mana that he just stands around making horrible screams whenever you try to talk to him. Later in the game he becomes the vessel for the reincarnation of the god of war. The god of war spends his time eating pizza and watching people kill eachother.

I was gonna talk about my idea but then I realized that there's the water gun Senran Kagura game coming out. So yeah.

Radical Centrist Riders. You select from a bunch of anorexic animé pretty-boys and horses to race with. The horse controls allow you to shift horse gaits (Iceland horse has more than the others) and you have a button to make the horse drop to the knees and you get that screeech sound when you drift around corners like that (you can also use this to pass under some things). The rider doing sexy poses and grinding on rails fills your HORNY bar and the full bar turns your horse into a unicorn. You can use the horn to attack other horses or destroy barriers, and also pick up and throw people, but you lose unicorn power quickly if you don't balance between throwing police and hippies.

And then you have this piece of shit….

I'm the least original person possible

Inspired by that thread last week: You spawn into a fantasy world as a random bottom-tier monster. Permadeath is in effect, so you must scrape by and strategize and flee constantly until you can level up, build up your skills, and evolve into a better form.
Top-tier forms are Monster Girl Waifus

CUH-RAZY motercycle combat on the ashen plains of hell, leveling up makes you less human and there are different paths you can take as you level, the different catagories you can level in are
blood
fear
metal
ash
fire
sound
when you level you are buying a move and a point in the category the move is in, the points will matter for things like blood increasing health and ash letting you move faster on foot and gives you better turning control on cycle

I wouldn't mind a Kumoko style game. but that doesn't sound original as it's just pokemon or digimon style game without the trainers.
I also hope it wouldn't powerscale to absolutely retarded levels like in the manga.

I'd also dig an open-world, free roaming Digimon or Pokemon game where you play as a pokemon, Tokyo Jungle style. You must secure a nest, find food, battle and compete against other wild mons. Shit would be so cash. Why hasn't there been more Tokyo Jungle-style games?

Take frankenstein, put it in space and mix it with ideon.