Steam hate on Holla Forums

out of curiosity, how many of you actually use steam even though you shit on it every chance you get?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/NevermoreRavens
youtube.com/watch?v=jqePV1n_Rh0
youtube.com/watch?v=yhWWlFme0dU
steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human
steamcommunity.com/id/Lunatic-B-Rabbit
steamcommunity.com/id/spathiphyllum
steamcommunity.com/id/siegeh
steamcommunity.com/id/dragonbro
steamcommunity.com/id/AetosThanatou
steamcommunity.com/id/Azuriae
steamcommunity.com/id/FalseAzure/
steamcommunity.com/id/GloriousCake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i only use it ironically to play dota 2 and buy shitty cosmetics, IRONICALLY.
so it's okay.

ironically playing shit games doesn't make them less shit or you less of a faggot

Go away betrayer.

Not that often, honestly. Only when someone here gives a free game code or something.
Haven't built a PC yet, so I don't really bother.

I use it less and less now. When I'm not using it I tend to make sure the exe isn't running, even going so far as to block it. I actively try to buy non steam version of any game. If I pirate a game, I end up never playing it and it sits on my hard drive. If I actually buy it I will actually play it. Its odd. For a while my was still on it since all my normal fag friends are on it, but now even they have stopped sign on as much.

How do you play games?

I've started using it less, but mainly because a lot of games I've been recently playing have their own special snowflake launchers.

I'm waiting for the day when Gabe bans me for being offensive and problematic, until then I will continue to buy subscribe to steam games and suck dick.

This. How do you even play games? there hasn't been a good console ever since the 6th gen ended, and there haven't been enough good console games on the shit gens (7th and 8th) to keep you with something to play for longer than a week

I don't shit on it, but I started using it a lot less recently for no reason.

I'm using a laptop. And I agree, most of the codes I get are for older games, the "newest" one I have is some sonic game.

We both know there are only redditors in that steam group, user.
Basic shit on imageboards is not running around saying you're from one.

I don't shit on it, and I use it. Realistically, I'd rather have my games in one place than need 20 different accounts to get at them all. Steam/GOG/pirating stuff I'm not sure about is enough for me.

Been only emulating and playing GoG games over the past 3 years so I don't see much use of Steam even though I have it.

I use steam because I have games on it that I want to play. Most where gifted to me or I grabbed them in a HB for $1.00. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't touch it. Steam is trash, Valve games are overrated, and Gabe is a fat kike.

Its almost as if people have different tastes and don't care about playing on consoles unlike you autists.

How are those walking simulators working out? Did they crack Nier yet?

Hmm, you're being only defensive about this.

You haven't seen the Holla Forums facebook and tumblr groups, have you?

I wonder (((who))) is behind this post

Why on god's green earth would there be an Holla Forums tumblr group?

If i want to buy things on sale, yes, but a majority of my games I play are pirated.
But every once in a while if I want a game with multiplayer and have hopes it will be good, I'll buy it on Steam, I supposed I could just switch over to GoG, they do sales as well.

Yeah, back from my Dark Souls invading days, I learned that any one who joins reddit/chan/meme groups on steam is an irredeemable waste of a organic material and needs to be jettisoned off the face of Earth directly into the Sun.

I use Steam often. Some of the community features are fun, outside of recent sales being so shit since they got rid of flash sales I dont have any problems with it.

Steam is alright, I just hate it because it reminds me that Valve will never make another game like Half Life or Left 4 Dead ever again and instead will milk CS:GO/DOTA/TF2 for all they're worth.

I usually just use steam to play multiplayer games unless I can't find it anywhere else.

Is there anything we could do to make steam more appealing to you?

you are the traitor Gabe

i wanna fuck that moon.

I actively avoid purchasing games through it because I think it's excessive. Why run this completely unnecessary program while I'm playing games? But if that's the only way I can get something, I'll do it. It's not that big a deal.
I do keep DRM free copies of Steam games I care about. It only seems reasonable.

I still use it for Source mods and games, but generally I'll only ever use the platform itself if I'm buying from a key reseller.

Anyone using Steam as a social network or primary marketplace should swallow buckshot.

Doesn't look all that much better now either. A little better, maybe

Racemixing: Not even once.

Laptops are the true master race. People who build expensive space heaters to play modern garbage are plebs.

-t guy who games on a sandybridge laptop with an integrated gpu running loonix

TUMBLR AND FACEBOOK GROUPS ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?

One guy is playing Dota 2, so they all suck

he's kidding, dumbass.

I use Steam for games that can only be played using Steam.

LOL

she cost me 4 horses ,i ain't gonna just give her back

its like Gaia never died.

Can't say I'm surprised someone like that lives in Amherst.

Why do they have massive bios and shit? My steam info isn't even a complete sentence.

Autism far greater than any of us could imagine.

I will never understand what compels these autists to write these useless, embarrassing, unfunny and overly long bios. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Its facebook for social shut ins, or they are just massive cock gobblings fags who need to let every know just how much cock they gobble.

Ass and titties.

m8, I…

Maybe basic shit is not being from one in the first place.

They're blind consumers who think they matter.

It's for attention. These fuckers love to show off their e-dick to everyone that happens to find themselves on their profiles. They love to make the most obnoxious, "unique" description of their shitty lives they can so everyone will know that they're a non-binary gay furry wolfkin.

Mordhau and the new Rollcage are only on Steam. What choice do i have?

wish granted

yep, you nailed it, this is exactly what Steam needs.

I use it too much.

Those motions are ridiculous.

Well, at least it's not team fortress.
But jesus, I couldn't image putting in more than 10 hours on isaac.

Why not both?

I enjoy steam. Steam forums can be very fun. *

I used to play TF2 a few years ago but the cancer was too much for me. I only got back to Isaac because the new DLC was fixed for the most part.

It can get worse

I've been using it a lot back in 2009-2013 or so. I was mostly playing Valve games like Team Fortess 2 and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and chatting with friends. I also was playing lots of older games until I found out about GOG.
Nowadays I catch myself not logining for days. Most of my friends are playing shit like DotA 2 and CS:GO. Besides not being interested in these games, I can't enjoy them due to technical issues. I haven't upgraded my PC since 2010 or so which makes me unable to play the majority of modern games. Now I mostly using my notebook (which is even weaker) wtih GNU + Linux on it.
And in the end, I just lost any interest in new games. Now I'm more interested in doing things myself rather than consuming.

Suicide is always an option.

Jesus fucking christ.

Just a reminder that the people who join Holla Forums steam groups are the same people who namefag on Holla Forums discords and use infinity.moe. Shoutout to Radcorp game nites since they are the whites in a country of niggers, standing against namefaggotry and attentionwhoring.
Don't be that guy, lads.

*:^)*

No… That's just awful.

I'm not.
Holy shit, that got a good laugh out of me.

Gabe's Bitch.jpg

haha lots of hours meme

I play other games on Steam for about an hour or so then fall back to R6 Seige, every single time.
Should I seek help? I'm scared of losing my enjoyment for vidya

I think using Steam is fine, I use it to chat with a few friends and play my games on it, though I rather would not if I could. Valve are megajews but you can't do anything about it, a lot of great games are Steam only.

do you think that they could have chosen a more obnoxious song?

My boyfriend absolutely fucking loves that game. What's so special about it?

You should get good taste, R6S is a shitty game.

Fuck off nigger, you've asked the general before.

I just enjoy the gameplay really, working as a team even though nobody ever fucking talks can be pretty fun too.
That and I bought the second season pass and I'm loving every minute of it

I like Steam
Its an alright platform if you complement it with piracy which Valve doesn't actively try to stop.

Top Goy. I have every op and never spent a cent on them or any cosmetics.

561.08333 repeating days spent playing TF2.
I mean assuming that he probably just leaves the game running at all times, that is still absolutely insane. He spent a year and a half of his entire life playing a Microtransaction and autism simulator.
I just doubt its actually humanly possible to play that much.

ALRIGHT FUCK BOYS IT'S TIME

this is now a steam friends thread, post your id and remember no gay shit!

Haven't touched it for gaming since Modgate back in 2014. Fuck Gabe and Valve and what they have done to the industry.

fuck off

Fuck off.

Fuck off, you degenerate.

Steam is fine as an anti social platform. Fuck off kike.

Steam friend threads died for good reason, leave niggerfaggot.

I do.

Get outta here, nigger

Steam friends threads are a gay nigger trap and nobody actually plays games together.

What an easy bait it was. Journalists should learn from that post.

those are my rightful (you)s you're trying to take credit for

It's not ba

Wow, fucked up my post. Should never post while playing KF.

BA

goatgirls are confirmed Holla Forumsirgins

that's 8 hours a day for over 4.5 years straight
I'm so sorry user

I've played SAMP for 14 hours a day for 1 year straight. It can be much worse, user.

it's not me lol
it's some autist I'm friends with. All he does is play on deathrun and furry servers all day. He is truly lost.

riiiight.

Holla Forums is truly turning into a singularity as our thoughts become one.

It's okay user, we're all a little gay inside.

'no'

Sure, and let's talk in a discord server without memeposting autists

I'm not posting his profile because I don't Holla Forums to bully him

Do it

B-But user…
that's the fun part

Sure user, I believe you, it's totally not because it's your profile and you don't want to be bullied.

if you've got a decent one

user, bullying is probably what he needs. The biggest problem with kids today, is they aren't bullied enough. Every where is a safe space so they think their spregy autistic bullshit is acceptable.
They need to be taught its not acceptable, through unrelenting banter and torment.

steamcommunity.com/id/NevermoreRavens

I'm going to hell

you're already there

Damn, he's not as autistic as we thought :^(

Right off the bat and we're going strong.

Yeah right here with a good ASSFAGGOTS

Those comments are already pretty damn close to it

you guys must be real happy that /sfg/ got nuked during the hack. That board was amazing, and now it's gone. Now you can replace it with your steam friends shit. Fuck.

In the order, of life, they know you there…
As you saw it, your plan, a real shot in the dark…

I Suffer bipolor Depression moodswings s cruved spine a cord issue dislocated heart insomnia and nerve issues Heartburn issues hearing/vision issues and Mentel sucidal mindstate. Im still holding on to whats left of life…

Rarely take jokes only sometimes but even then ill probably get set off i dont like to be teased i take things serouisly i wont back down Easily intill my facts are stated and shown

Yes im a Furry only half one (Not much into the community or stuff they do) Just like the idea of a human based animal being And yes my char a Gryphon kay?

/l、 Pyro main
(゚、 。 7 Soldier partime
 l、 ~ヽ Medic main
 じしf_,)ノ Praise the Messiah Kane!
/l、 Resever shooter boi
(゚、 。 7 6 Unusuals
 l、 ~ヽ Im a Atheist
 じしf_,)ノ Idea's are bullet proof
/l、 I Elite rank in casual TF2
(゚、 。 7 Kimchi is my pet
 l、 ~ヽ Karma has my debt
 じしf_,)ノ Ill lick you Mrow!

Why are you still here huh? Want a donut? or a kitty!?
/l、
(゚、 。 7 :8bitheart:
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
Its time to sleep a chance to dream

Favorite band STARSET! Breaking Bejamin Hollywood undead 30 Seconds to mars Linkin park

Favorite Theme song Is Prophecy
youtube.com/watch?v=jqePV1n_Rh0

Favorite Starset song youtube.com/watch?v=yhWWlFme0dU

Beautiful.

Well user, ((HE)) needs to be bullied pretty bad for being such a fag. I'm not implying that you are ((HIM)).

Dear God, is this someone you know in real life ?
How fucking old is he ? Why the fuck does he think this is acceptable ?
His poor parents.

all of it is bad

oh wow now we just need a good streamer and we're solid

is that a half baked poly to get me to do that?

We're starting off strong with this one :^)

Tip top kek, I wonder what Yoshi's eggs smell like hahaha !

steamcommunity.com/id/rotten_human

People who live in the EU, feel free to add me. I'm kinda tired of playing with krauts and polish niggers.

it begins

1,654 hrs on record
1,456 hrs on record
1,129 hrs on record

Fuck off

No, I just really miss the Suffering board. It had a real "red room" feel to it.

Haha LOL!

CRASHING THIS THREAD

this thread is the good kind of cancer, the kind that you can laugh at from a far away place.

Jesus fucking Christ. Are all Americucks this cancerous?

Judging by the amount of TF2 related cancer on his profile, one can only hope it is

CS:GO is a tryhard shooter, there's nothing wrong with it.

Rust USED to be fun.

Garry's Mod has fun gamemodes

oh god, I can't format worth shit today

nah it's good that /sft/ is dead, the trash moved onto the various animu /soc/ circle jerk threads

Holy shit thanks faggots, you have shown me the real abyss

Last time I tried Rust, it decided to fucking destroy my internet speed and I refunded it.
I'm guessing it's probably the same shit, the game was boring as fuck when I tried it anyway tbh

you're just using this as another excuse for being alone

I have over 200 "friends". Just people that want me to play games with them but I never want to. Only a few real friends on it. What is life?

It's funny how I added this one guy with the name "Uzubuzu" or some fucking plant thing, and he blocked me because he thought I was psychotic. It was over the span of six months.

It was some german/dutch veteran guy too.

This is his review of TF2

I'm not even American. I just sound American because I practiced my pronunciation like an autist long enough that it's easier to just roll with it than have people accuse me of lying about being Russian.

It had an extremely short period of being absolute gold when it comes to sandbox PvP. Everything before, and everything after that period is cancer.

I still get nostalgic and try to play sometimes, but it never gets better.

I used to that when I was in high school. Run the script on my desktop and then check out everything I got when I got home.

I think I knew someone like that too, never really talked with him much if it is him

Is Rust supposed to have a huge strain on your router or something when you play it? Because all it did when I last tried it was cause me to rubberband like crazy and disconnect me from skype at the time
I wouldn't mind getting into it, but I'm just not one for playing sandboxes alone only to get destroyed by little faggots in groups who think it's hilarious to gank

it's not a fun game, it's one of the many, grinding for things to make grinding easier, "gayme"

No, it's not. I used to stream it a lot and I had zero issues.

Don't get into it now, it's just gonna hurt you because it's a pile of lost potential.

memes

I use Steam because sometimes devs forget to release the Linux port on GOG and I keep forgetting about GOG in general. Physical copies of vidya are the best but it's getting harder and harder to find PC games except in secondhand stores because everyone buys digital these days, and sometimes I even see shit like stores selling dust-covered copies of older games like King Kong for full retail price.

test

Most PC games don't even get real physical releases these days. buy a box and find a steam code inside..

Post more

I use steam and I don't complain about it. What can I say? It's a good service when it comes to delivering games to my GLORIOUS rig. At least it's not gamestop.

o.k here

Also this is one of his friends
steamcommunity.com/id/Lunatic-B-Rabbit
i'm fucking scared

My only real friend is my girlfriend, and she's old 4chan blood.

I can't really get any friends because I have trust issues. I'm very sociable and extraverted, but knowing how much of a fucking slimy bastard I am underneath the friendly facade makes me suspicious of everyone else.

Being a scamming, guilt-tripping manipulative social predator is a double edged sword. I can never trust anyone ever again.

What's even the fucking point? Just remove the PC shelf on the stores you fucking kikes

I play a game i buy there every now and then, not really active on it as a platform but would use their game hubs for those little games that don't have dedicated forums elsewhere. I am find the service OK for almost everything with the only thing i don't that comes to mind right now being mandatory updates for games

I've done that except over half a decade.
The autism ice berg is deeper than you think.

Uzubasu, Uruboso. Don't know, but he had a metal gear solid picture and had a group with a chubby bird on it.

was it a peace walker picture?

Bingo. That guy. I really freaked him the fuck out.

I use it to play all the older titles I missed along the way. I have a wishlist, buy at 85% off or more. Easier and cheaper than finding them elsewhere. My biggest complaint so far is them selling items that need fixing in order to play them, and other than wishing there was an sjw dev/indie clique tag so I can avoid having first look up the dev before one cent is given. It's probably pretty handy for some and a horrible waste for others.

He told me he was gonna kill himself at 25, but it seems he never went through with it.

Steam drama can be a surprisingly fun activity if you're somewhat charismatic and aren't afraid to dirty your hands a little.

You can steal e-grills from fags and trigger them, you can milk lolcows and get them to post angry rants on your profile. You can gain the trust of depressed kids and become best buddies with them, forming a cult of autistic rejects that can get anything done. There's a seemingly endless bounty of soft and insecure people that can be fucked with, you can help them, tear them down, or make them useful. It's underrated, you guys should try it

what did you do?

they never do

you'll run into someone who's better at it then you are and you'll slowly crumble

This is very true. I'm honestly surprised that Holla Forums doesn't raid steam groups for shits and giggles.

Apparently the owner ended up killing himself a year or so later, Steam drama can be a weird thing sometimes

Because we're not /cow/ or /baph/? I mean raiding is more of their turf.

couple years ago I tricked some chubby britbong nerd into believing I was a gurl with pics lifted from /soc/ and a sockpuppet faceberg, then I played e-gf with him for 3 months and squeezed roughly 400 bucks of videogames from him
then I deleted him without warning, blocked, and changed steam url and never heard from him again
still don't regret it

Or you can make a drunken slav give you nudes and videos of his drug adventures innawoods.
Pic related.

Anime groups in general are cancerous. Anime 1.0 is a prime example. Saku's truly the autism that keeps on giving. He streamed himself shaving his disguisting hairy body.

I mean, if he has the money it's fine. I'd do it too, tell me you got good vidya.

WHAT.

Steam is great for trolling. Posting spoilers for Fallout 4 and No Mans Buy was the greatest on there. Any time a game leaks now, I make it my mission to ruin it for people on the games Steam page.

I don't actually remember, I think I just kept mocking him without intending to. He himself has a lot of issues, he was surprisingly attractive, too bad he was a faggot.

this is why you pressure her to use her mic, even if she's shy, and get pics of her to prove she's really a grill.

Even with those criteria, the pickings are slim, and if you buy a game for a girl you're a fucking retard.

I don't hate steam but I am coming to hate what Valve is trying to make themselves into. A VR company which uses microtransactions from CS:GO and TF2 to make bank funding projects which will never come to fruition like the SteamBox. Valve becoming a PC manufacturer a decade late.

VR can't work for gaming it was there in the 80's and 90's and failed as so, you could never create a market from it. The graphics don't matter. Valve doesn't make games anymore and most of the workers there are a bunch of nu-fags riding the train into oblivion.

My first suspicion of Valve's fall was the death of TF2 on Xbox but what really killed it for me was the release of Portal 2, it's not even a game. The puzzles have no art or multiple ways of figuring them out, that's because of all the testers "fixing" the art of a map designer.

I love you faggots for the salt party, that was great fun

I literally had a clan of of suicidal 14-18 year olds that I built into a cult of personality of myself. I spun some post-human "you are what you train yourself to be" shit, and made an autistic tryhard CS:GO centered squad. It was fucking glorious.

It imploded when a Dutch cunt somehow seeped into our Discord, sniffed out my manipulative bullshit, threw a tantrum and set off a chain of autists realizing how stupid the whole thing is and leaving. They gifted me a lot of CS:GO skins though, and a lot of them sobbed to me on the daily how much I help them get through the week by giving them a purpose (tryharding and autistically training for CS:GO, hoping to go semi-pro eventually).

If I was less of a sloppy retard I'd probably make this into something profitable, but it'd probably implode eventually if the kids raised their self-esteem through winning tournaments, etc.

You need to go back.

either the "people from Holla Forums are all gay and never play games" meme is a myth or I just got really damn lucky

Oh I had a voice changer and a whole album of the same girl ready just in case, but never needed it. The guy was really naive and most likely underage

Maybe they aren't from here and you're a bullshitter.

was he at least a cute chubby?

got any good pictures out of him?

always someone better at you then it

who was he?

You just got really damn lucky. Frankly speaking 95% of Holla Forums posters are obnoxious, autistic fucks and trying to play games that require teamwork with people from here was one of the dumbest mistakes I've ever made.

Each one of them had an ego with a mass of a dying star and no social skills, charisma or anything of the sort to warrant it. They talk in imageboard memes and quote reaction pics verbatim.

I'm surprised I didn't commit suicide right then and there.

You need to pass go.

All you gotta do is add anons from a thread about a non-shit game that isn't related to consoles or steam. Then there's a 50/50 chance they're not LE EPIK MEEEMSTERS from reddit.

Also here's one of the slav nudes i talked about, i forgot to post it with the previous pic.

I've had some pretty consistently great experiences playing EDF and Serious Sam with faggots here, but good luck getting finding that with anything non-obscure

Did you post this in the right thread?

That's a man, baby!

if you actually read the thread you'd know

Did you tell him to spread it.

get your ids right, is that the kinda thing you like?

It's a slav I met on tf2. He drinks a lot and smokes weed and he sends me shit like that. Have one that's not a man, this girl he says is his friend's girlfriend that he fucked and recorded. I didn't manage to have him send me the video but he sent a few screenshots.

I never spent 50$ on any game so i don't know where its getting that number, but the games are worth 50$ now because i bought them on sale.

I did that once for Christmas and she gave me a bunch of games in return, but we're good friends outside Steam so it's the only reason I made an exception. It's also nice to buy up copies of stuff like Zeno Clash, E.Y.E, and Serious Sam when they go on sale to give out to people. I don't have a lot of money but it's a great way to spend trading card shekels I wouldn't use otherwise.

I added them years ago when we played a game together from a Holla Forums group, and since then we've played games ever since

I had this uzubazu retard for a bit, I once played a game with him with another friend of mine, and my friend was shit talking him so uzubazu told me on steam to kick him from the game, so instead I started shitting on him as well and kicked him instead
he removed me and later I heard that he tried to kill himself by ODing on pills

looks like I dodged a bullet by being a sperg my self

I knew this person. She's a cuckold.

Tbh I wasted so much money in sales on shit I'm never going to play. I wish I can just get a refund for it all and move on with my life.

I have over 300 games but actually enjoy maybe two dozen of them at most.

If i'm buying a game i will be buying it without DRM and without having to install a shitty platform. Steam is no better than Ubisoft and EA variants of the same cancer. Consoles still win for the worst consumer cuckoldry in the industry; steam comes in second place. Ideally, steam would be a server based service for developers to host their game files whilst the purchasing is done on the developers own website, so that they receive full payment and control of their game sales. I want my money to feed my developers. Not gabes obese company. GOG is the best realistic solution to my aversion to steam but is still far from ideal. That said, the popularity of steam is helping more nip titles get ported so there's a silver lining.

Anyone with steam on their machine is like fucking a prostitute with multiple STD's.

this isn't how it works you dumbass, steam allows you to bypass publishers which are the ones who actually get the money and they pay the developers scraps. with steam you don't need a publisher and you can directly sell games to the consumer.

She like with a vagina, or she like its CURRENT YEAR ??

I have a bunch of games but most of them are from key stealing bots and I only play mount and blade. Have a random pic.

also im not going to sign up to every fucking developers website just to buy a game.

I am speaking ideally. I am aware this is not how things are. A website would also bypass publishers. Where is your point?

Why the fuck would you set up key-claiming bots if you don't even play any of them?

how would steam get paid if every game was on the developer's website? what would be the point of installing steam.

What makes you think that you would need to sign up? Maybe if they had a forum or something, but if we're still talking ideals, they would be an anonymous affair. You sound upset. I'll put the kettle on.

I honestly had no fucking clue. I only know for sure she's a cuck who can't help but constantly get cheated on, but as for her behavior on steam groups/towards friends/the profile, I don't know if it's legit or she's trolling.
The most likely answer is she has severe undiagnosed autism. She has a vagina and is physically attractive.

he probably sells the games on

pass us a cuppah mate

Well when I set up the bots I was expecting good games. I played a few, but not many.

He said be "has the games" which heavily implies he's been using the keys himself

steamcommunity.com/id/spathiphyllum
Found his account, good to know that it's all him. Since the people I usually talk to aren't really bothered by what I say.
He's still alive

also slavs BRs and whinny americans

wew, small world

Read my initial post carefully. In my mind, steam should not exist. It is bad. There is nothing to install. When you download game from website you would use a third party server that the literal game files are hosted. This may even make developers limit the file size as they would be charged on how much space they take up on site. Again, i am speculating on an ideal world.

Milk or sugar?

This is the line for me, and I've been doing a cost-benefit analysis on crossing it. Ideas like this have struck my mind multiple times. It sounds nice: a group centered around you [and maybe some trusted buddies], where people look up to you. If a grill was insecure and impressionable enough to join, god knows she would do whatever you wanted her to. It's horrible, but it would work, and you could have it all with the powers of peer pressure and social proof.

I'm just afraid I would grow a guilty conscience and it would fall apart. Not to mention that it would be a real pain in the ass to set up a group, throw a net, fish for people, make a discord, and maintain the whole thing. I'm more content to just go case-by-case as a lone actor.

yes please

So do I.
Chacaldor?
>Last Online 249 days ago
Christ, that guy was so nice.

We know there are threads made for steam friending, but those went down the shitter forever ago.
Why has there never been steam blocked threads? Post faggots you've blocked for (reason).

Well, I'm still blocked by the fag I mentioned.
Never ever blocked anybody, for any reason. I have thick skin it seems.

That would be 99% because they're bots.

Because steam is cancer. A thread like that would likely go down the shitter just as fast.

Only steam hate threads (like this one) would thrive.

I only have one guy blocked right now because he was spamming my shit using bots

your a literal dumbass, steam is good. I guess you were in your dads balls as sperm when you had to run around the internet looking for patches and trying to clean your cd of scratches just so your fucking game can run. before steam it was a hassle to play games.

steam also burdens the cost of hosting the files so without steam you would be paying developers the cost to host the files, server cost is not free. that is why steam created microtransactions so they can make an infinite supply of money to pay for shit.

Just looked at his profile, I dunno why but reading comments from people on profiles that have been offline for ages makes me feel kinda shitty maybe i'm just autistic, i dunno

Most of my blocks are mainly just from when bots ran rampant adding people 24/7, only got a few actual blocks from people I got sick of being around.

I still use it but I honestly pirate most of my games these days. Why buy a game when it's not even finished?

Early access is killing Steam/PC gaming

Jesus christ.

you're all complaining but steam literally gives you the option to remove these.

How important is multiplayer in Dark Souls? Anyone enjoy the pirated versions? Debating buying them on steam.

may want to check that again

I have an old profile so I used to be dumber than I am now.
steamcommunity.com/id/siegeh used to pretend to be some faggot, obnoxiously manipulative.
steamcommunity.com/id/dragonbro the url probably says enough (also annoying faggot)
steamcommunity.com/id/AetosThanatou groups: the profile
steamcommunity.com/id/Azuriae supposedly works for ubisoft, emotionally unstable furfag
I have about 50 more blocked and I'm never going back to who I was years ago

Depends on who you ask and whether who you ask is a faggot. Multiplayer certainly isn't as active as it used to be

Cracked copies should be able to play online anyway so it shouldn't really matter

This thread is pretty cancer too. It's okay because i have sunblock on.

I feel no hassles over here, without steam.
It's lower than ever before. It is a competitive market.

Also you would use: You're. Not your when beginning your post by calling me a dumbass.

This does not erase those concerns. It merely hides them to create a comfortable safe space.

I think I cringed so hard I permanently disfigured my face.

Hey, i took that personality test but i think it's broken because i got
EST but for the last one i got both J and P fuck

You're literally searching for reasons to be upset at Steam at this point. No better than a Tumblrina looking for reasons to be triggered.

exactly, so you have no reason to complain.

I'm just sharing my opinion, not on a steam user jihad.
This is an opinion.

That's a fact.

Why are you such a gimp?

This should be no surprise to anyone considering there's also reddit groups(pages? what the fuck do you call those specific forums there?) for Holla Forums and cuckchan.
Imagine that, The shit people post on here is copy-pasted and being talked about on fucking reddit.

It's insanity I tell you.

You'll only upset them by saying so. I don't think i could handle being called a dumbass again; god forbid i be triggered by another, more sinister ad hominem.

Gimp is my preferred image altering software.

Having to actually open Steam to play whatever my game of the month is actively dissuades me from playing video games.

I switched to piracy and my video game productivity has increased twofold.

I can at least understand reddit, because all tehy do is post ebin screencaps and seem to be composed of people who want to be "deep web" and get their "dank memes and keks" but are too pussy to use the actual site, thinking the FBI will come get them. But tumblr and facebook are more social than reddit, and are definitely more normalfag by a longshot (reddit has a lolicon subreddit for a long time) so I don't understand.

I unironically have not used steam ever since the first time they tried to shill paid mods. That was the last straw. I dropped it and pirated all my games and never looked back. Consequently Steam doesn't really cross my mind very often so I don't get too many changes to shitpost about it.

Hiding the problem doesn't change anything though. More and more studios are releasing their unfinished games through early access because just having the option to do so on Steam means the market will skew in that direction.

It's like the F2P problem on mobile markets. Just having the ability to release games as F2P means the market will skew in that direction because most developers who try to make quality games for a fair price will be overshadowed by low quality games that can be played for free. So more and more developers switch to making F2P games and the problem grows.

Developers on Steam are incentivized to release their games through Early Access because doing so has several benefits with no downsides.

Then fucking wait for it to come out of EA. It's like kickstarter, good things can come of it, but they rarely do, so just let the retards supply the shekels and sit back and wait for the real release.

Sane anons.

They're called subreddits. They're basically user-created boards where thread relevancy is determined by user-voted points

They're not too bad, when used for shit like news and technology news. Everything else is prone to shilling.

I can't give up my 300 games on it. There is no escape. All I can hope for is for valve to go bankrupt.

I made a mistake.

Come on user, everybody knows the only good thing reddit is for is getting good canned opinions on consumerist crap like wet shaving, leather shoes, and what kind of shampoo is good for your hair.

Problem with that is nearly all multiplayer EA games have dead communities by the time they officially launch. So you'd just be throwing your money away at that point.

Then don't fucking buy it if it has a dead community.

I don't. It's why I said I pirate most of my games these days. The amount of money I spend on Steam games has dropped dramatically ever since EA started getting popular.

I only got decent taste in videogames and consumer practices after ~2015 so my Steam account is now a reminder of the life I used to live. DaS1 was the game that made me not enjoy shit games and DaS2 was the game that turned me into a bad goy since I felt ripped off even though I still enjoyed it.

I still use $team for games not on GOG though (as long as they're games I want to pay for).

spacing

go

Then I don't see why you're complaining.

Never but I mainly play weebshit nowadays so it's easy for me.

You're the one who seems upset just because I don't like Early Access

I'm having a goddamn conversation with you. I gave you reasons why you shouldn't care about EA, and you haven't really refuted them.

(you)
Why not?

Because tumblr and facebook are populated by dumb normalfags and go against the idea of anonymous imageboards by making you have an account.

I use it at the convenience of having a game ready to download rather than saving the ISO or risking downloading the game from a tracker with low seeders.

Kat getting fucked really fucked up my torrenting.

I did though. Here, let me summarize it another way: I think Early Access has decreased the overall quality of games on Steam.

You could say that Early Access is just another optional bonus for gamers and you can ignore it if you don't like it, and you'd be technically correct. But people said the same things about pre-orders, DLC, Day 1 patches, and micro-transactions. All those things are theoretically good for games and gamers but the reality is that only an extreme minority of developers use them appropriately. Most developers abuse them to nickel and dime gamers while delivering less content. Early Access is the same thing.

Early access is the same thing, but unlike DLC and microtransaction, when EA is abused you can wholesale write off the game, rather than being suckered in with a complete game and regretting it. And I don't think it reduces the quality of games, any game that intends on being EA forever is trash, and any game that comes out of EA does so because it considers itself done. It may create more trash, but it doesn't reduce the number of worthwhile games.

I would argue tumblr is it's own special brand of autism. Maybe the female version.

that isn't a point in its favor you know.

Women can't be socially awkward without having an actual mental disease, because women dictate what is socially awkward.

I was just pointing out tumblr isnt really normalfag-tier, it's a different flavor of autism. The beef ramen to our chicken.

My cousin keeps showing me the rape hentai she's into. Video and manga.

You aren't alone, one of my friends in high school was a tumblr girl that regularly brought up hentai and often made DnD sessions get really weird. She was also super obsessed with gore and characters from horror movies like Freddie Kruger.

Was she hot? My cousins hot, but I don't want to accidentally end up with retard kids or something you know?

She was likely between 300-400 pounds

Would it really be surprising if they ended up retarded?

Ouch. Nevermind that then. Only downside to my cousin is she's into muzzies.

Considering i'm pretty sure I have some brand of autism and she does too, no not really. Would probably have to invest in a lot of legos.

steamcommunity.com/id/FalseAzure/
This profile makes me suicidal

Might I ask why?

Then grab a bucket of legos and let the magic happen

This guy probably posts on Holla Forums, jesus christ man.

She fell for the one brown race meme.

But user, her dad would kill me. He's former military and this is so much worse than just dating some random guy.

I enjoy Steam fine. Pretty much my only regret is having borderlands from Bundles before I knew how much of a scum bag Randy was.

Is this gem cancerous enough?
steamcommunity.com/id/GloriousCake

Well ever since people started pushing the "Holla Forums is not le secret club" people for attention probably started making those. It's sad we truly live in the most attention whore seeking society I've ever seen. Once again it doesn't help the Hotwheels fucking advertised on reddit as well. Maybe during that time where people kept spouting that Holla Forums is not your secret club were doing it ironically and as we've seen time and time again with the nigger talk of smh tbh fam, anything done ironically for a time will start being used unironically maybe that's how Holla Forums became more and more reddit infested over time. You even have niggers on Holla Forums defending threads that minutes ago were on Cuckchan posted word for word. The downfall of a community is truly fascinating as you let more and more people in who don't lurk or care to learn basic imageboard culture, but I suppose nothing is really sacred anymore nothing can be kept secret because there is always some faggot who will go out of his way to let the secret out for attention and there's nothing you can do to stop them.

Wasted dubs to be honest kill yourself.

I use it a lot because the networking setup in this house is a fucking disaster of repeating routers, making port forwarding an exercise in sorcery. Using built-in Steam multiplayer is infinitely preferable. It's not exactly a standard use-case, but in my situation it's the only reason I can play online at all sometimes.

In my experience anyone with over 100 friends, pretty much treating steam like its facebook, is always cancerous. 10-30 friends is the only acceptable amount.

Use QoS to set yourself as the priority making sure you always go first.

About the only thing I really hate about steam is that while I can find a lot of good games on it, I'll never have physical copies of them. I've never had any problems with people on it, because I don't try and find people to play games through it, and the people I play with i've known for years and we're in the groups of "rich" and "piratefag" with no in-betweens. I really couldn't ask for a better group of friends, and we've only ever met through the internet. Included is the person I'd call my best friend, and "life-long" level of friend. He's Canadian and basically we were almost inseperable for about 5 years. Played the same stuff, like the same stuff, etc. Sadly life has gotten in the way of a lot of stuff we used to do. Second one is a girl who enjoys dnd and rpgs and is the rich one out of the five of us. She can usually buy any games that come out that she's interested in and sometimes gifts me stuff for no reason. Thankfully she's not the "spoiled" rich type, actually the "highly responsible" rich type, or i'd probably have forgotten about her a long time ago. Probably something to do with the whole strict asian upbringing thing. The third is a slightly nihilistic Canadian who I usually talk about anime with. He went through a large bout of depression at one point where I almost lost contact with him. The last one is a Mexican that is highly excitable and doesn't know how to play games very well thankfully he has decent english and also can never seem to afford anything better than a toaster for a computer. We've all known each other for years and still talk and play games daily/occasionally. Fun story, we know each other through a failed LP forum back when let's playing was a cool thing to do. Tried to usurp Something Awful and Let's Play Forums. It didn't work out but I found some great people while that shitshow worked itself out. Also met some right fuckwads, but that all worked out for the best anyway. I still can't believe I have such a great group of friends sometimes, especially going through threads like this.

tldr Steam is full of cancer and sadness and you should only ever buy games through it when they're on sale, cheap as fuck, and hard to find good versions of through other means. If you want real friends don't use steam. If you find a real friend, you'll know, and it usually involves some trials and pain for both of you.

picture unrelated.

Most computers nowadays don't even get manufactured with disk drives. I even recommend people buy disk drives to install drivers and stuff and most people laugh at me when I say it. If you buy Windows 10 retail chances are you're getting a USB flash stick and not a CD because there are even computers nowadays that are smaller in width than a CD.

The meme about physical copies is that physical copies for the last… 15 years have been shitty in general.

Physical copies were great when companies gave a shit about them in the 90s but nowadays, if you buy a physical copy of a PC game all you get is just a plastic case with an insert and a disk. The only time I hear people defending buying these is "muh games on muh shelf". And "I want something I actually own" which is great til the thing gets scratched to shit and you have to make a digital backup that you play instead of the actual disk.

Nevermind the fact that 80% of the time the disk comes with an installer to download the game

I find that shit to be extremely silly and archaic. People keep saying "muh keepsakes" but it's like…

You're gonna be dead in like 60 years, what's the point of collecting garbage?

All industries have been switching to digital left right and center. Like most people don't buy physical copies of movies or music anymore. (Especially music). You'd be laughed at if you told someone you bought software in a retail store nowadays since it's almost all sold online or there's a better alternative.

The reason big box PC games were a thing was because you tended to buy PC games in stores and they had to compete for shelf space. They also put swag into the boxes so you'd be more likely to buy more of them from the developer. These cost the dev so much money that it's little wonder they got phased out during the 2000s.

When I was a kid buying digital games was a fantasy of mine because stores would only sell games for a very short period of time. And if I wanted to play a game like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver or something I had to borrow it from my friend or just hope I could find it somewhere, and usually I wasn't able to. Even once I got a credit card I found it easier to just pirate the game than pay shipping on a copy on Ebay. Nowadays you can find it on Steam or GOG and it's easy.

And especially now you can find digital re-releases of older games that play much better on newer operating systems.

So before I die I can say that pile of garbage over there is my pile of garbage, and therefore I can additonally sell my garbage to other garbage collectors when I tire of it or can force my garbage onto my offspring.

One other thing I hear surprisingly often is when people complain you can't sell PC games. I used to hear "well you can't rent them" but that's not a thing anymore.

The thing is used PC games was always a thing, it just wasn't a thing in stores usually. The reason being that used PC games are a hassle because of DRM and CD keys and so forth. Back in the 90s most PC games REQUIRED a manual in order to understand anything about them. And if the guy who was selling it lost the manual you were shit out of luck.

Later on you'd get games that required CD keys or they had multiple CDs and people would just lose them. You essentially needed to do research to see if you could even play a game from 10 years prior on your modern PC.

That's not even getting into compatibility issues. Like it's almost guaranteed if you buy an older PC game at a goodwill you're going to run into issues running it. And if it's something obscure it's very unlikely you'll have options outside of running it in a Windows 95/98 virtual machine.

And they'll dump your shit out.

I try to buy physical copies as much as possible because like said I'm one of those "I want to actually own something" people. If I have a physical copy, nobody can just take that away for "misbehaving" and banning my account or some shit. Or the service goes down permanently or something like that. If I have something physical it means I can still play it no matter what.

Unlike a lot of people though, I'll still buy digital if it means I can play something I'm going to enjoy. I'll spring for the physical copy if it's availible though, and I have to admit I do get a certain satisfaction seeing boxes of games on my bookcases. I have a shit ton of books anyway, so why not display my vidya that way as well.

Yeah, they might dump my shit out, if they do so properly they're better off for it, having more currency to do their own things with.
Either way it's no skin off of my back, I'm fucking dead and my garbage is theirs now.

It's like you enjoy sucking cock or something

I don't think it's possible to get your games that you paid for removed for violating any of the rules on Steam. I've seen people get store banned and trade banned but that's for attempting to commit chargebacks/scamming people in trades respectively.

Steam's been around for 13? Something like that years.

At this point it has so much market share that even if Valve's stock dropped tomorrow, they'd just sell it to some other company.

Even if the game gets removed from the store you can still redownload it. Like Clive Barker's Jericho was removed off the store many years ago and I can still redownload it today.

Adding to that for a really long time Steam has had the option to backup/restore games onto things like hard drives and even CDs/DVDs.

I was introduced to porn by a girl. To this day I don't know what it all meant.

I would ever consider getting a physical copy only if it allows me to install from the disk rather than downloading the game. if a game comes only with an installer then there's no point to it, it's far better for me to pirate a game, burn it into a disk and slap sharpie label on it. Physical only works on collectors edition but these days all collectors seem to come without the game.

Have you not heard about the 2012 TOS change in steam? they can in fact remove your games if they wish, and it doesn't have to be steam, Tripwire EULA also states that they can revoke your game licenses if you do so much as grief or be a racist. So game companies also have the right to remove "your" games. Is the reason why everyone fucking hates steam.

I dunno I've never heard of anyone actually getting their games forcibly removed. The only instance I can imagine that actually occurring is if Konami tried to do something similar to P.T. where they made it impossible to redownload something.

That's a legitimate complaint and one of the reasons I don't buy Tripwire products (other than the fact that they're a shitty developer).

Doesn't mean that valve couldn't just start to fuck people over. I still don't trust them anymore after the whole paid mods shit. Also any new company could be potentially just as shitty. I prefer future-proofing my life.
I know, I've been using it for a long time. Everything dies someday though.

I mostly buy console and handheld physically. Buying physical for PC is pretty pointless I agree.

To me this is just a lot of "ifs". Like "if this happens" or "potential".

To me the benefits of buying games digitally outweighs the current negatives. If Valve starts doing things that make it a hassle to buy games on the platform then we can start debating about whether or not we should or not. Til then it's a lot of "well something could happen."

We're in a better position with PC games than we were even 10 years ago when shit like "well this game can rely on some form of DRM that only lets you install the game 10 times and requires you to sign into a central server" used to happen prior to Steamworks being widespread.

Physical copies also "die". Due to scratching of disks and things like contacts in cartridges requiring cleaning/replacement. Disk rot is also a thing. Nothing is ever permanent, especially with storage mediums. It's why digital is also really convenient since you can just redownload something onto all of your devices and back it up to a separate hard drive. And not have to download cracks to play the game without your disk.

Did you miss where I said "buying physical for PC is pretty pointless"?

And I know that physical copies also decay and what not, but they last a lot longer than you think if you treat them right. I can still play my SNES carts that I got over 20 years ago now. If you get shit like disc rot you're doing it wrong.

In fact the only thing I can think of that's actually broken on me in my years of playing vidya, it's the original wii I owned. Disc reader just stopped working. I didn't get rid of it because there was digitial downloads on it I could never get again that I wanted to keep playing. In a way, digital became physical there.

If you're not thinking of what could cause problems in the future you deserve to lose what you lose.

I can agree with that. Still doesnt stop shit like sim city or diablo 3 or… etc. It still happens, just with other games. Thankfully games I'll never "own" because they're shit, but still.

pathetic

I play on steam if I have to but usually I buy from gog and use non-steam versions of F2P games. I often add them as a non-steam game just so people on my steam friend list know what I'm playing and maybe we end up doing something vidya related.

There's some games I buy on steam over gog I guess. If I eventually get Dying Light I'm not going to get the borked gog version with no linux support.

but how many steam friends do you have?

I don't use Steam precisely because I'm acquainted with Gayben and his disgustingly Jewish business tactics.

So your saying, He was merely pretending to be a faggot? :'^)

Not any more. Haven't for years. PC is the cancer.

are you saying consoles are less cancer than pc?

PC itself isn't cancer, steam is. The new consoles however are cancer incarnate.

I deleted my old account/subscription over 6 years ago. Pirating and finding other means since. Though I met two dudes locally in my new town who wanted to play CsGo with me. So I made a sub and they bought me it. Nothing special. The horrors you can see on Steam profiles still makes me disgusted when I say I do all my video game playing on my PC and normfaggots think I mean steam gaming.

My real question is, do you user faggots use a random name or have you used the same name everytime?

The animation wasn't bad enough, you had to put nigger music with it.

I always make up an unique name for every game character.

I find it interesting how much attention whoring comes from anons when they are known for "said gamer tag".

STOP

Because there's only one person to block?

some guy used a tool to hide me from him forever because of my own thread. I almost never troll people, but this was fucking hilarious for me

Those all look like faggots, which one is you?

You seem upset?
:'^) :'^) :'^)

I read this with Heavy voice.

I only use steam to gift a meatspace friend shit on his birthday occasionally these days since he's a steamfag with over 400 games on it. I prefer physical copies, so I pretty much don't pay for PC games anymore since physical is dead on it. I did use steam for goldsrc/source multiplayer games/mods and Red Orchestra though.

I think user is the faggot who won't stop saying ":^)".

I'm the fag talking about salt and who started the thread.

people who dont mindlessly hate things just dont have as much compulsion to voice their opinion on things. and the ones that do try to get others to join with them and circlejerk

If you really want to start a shit storm, go to the Eternal Crusade steam discussion board and start a topic that asks if this game is like Planetside.

That's bullshit, most south americans ignore italians, they have a fapping time with shitty princesses. I can confirm, because I'm the only the beaner who likes Wario.

Usually I just buy the exclusives and then play the cracked versions guilt-free.