FPS where you can go fast

I played Titanfall 2 and now I see walls as walkable platforms in every game. I cannot go back.

I need more games where you can go fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UV3hkSn2iqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

go back to Sonic, babby

you are bastard.
cheked

being bad

>Red Eclipse has wallrunning
>E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy if you make the right upgrades

Fucking faggots

Also, does it have custom maps now?
Might be worth a buy

shame the creator got tired of the moonman meme, here's hoping he goes through with the /hwndu/ mod

THAT NOT
REAL FAST
OP

ok that's kinda cool but that's slow

user how is that fast?

Give me a faster game that still gives you a tangible degree of movement control in real time.

That reload animation is extremely irritating

Hang on, do you want fast or do you want to turn?

If you think Titan fall is fast than you don't know fast.

Fast without turning is racing with shooting. Racing equals shit

Midair is shit. Tribes 2 Classic is waaay better and faster

Those were some satisfying frags

kek

I can turn after I crash into a wall, thank you very much.

I'll admit the movement system looks cool though

UT4 has wallrunning, great weapons, and is reasonably fast.

Titanfall isn't hitscan, and the regenerating health is done on pilots because it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

The more involved, maneuver and timing based approach is taken with Titans, who have no health regen.

hitscan in the context of a game being shit also refers to projectiles that move so quickly that they can't be dodged. Some weapons in titanfall shoot reasonably dodgeable projectiles but most of them don't.

Why not just have pickups?

Xonotic
(doing this shit would be hard though)

And yet you must.
>>>/reddit/

No, it doesn't. Hitscan hits instantly right away. Non-hitscan needs to be led at distances. Both have their own benefits.

Because pickup autism leads to inevitable pickup whoring and pickup management autism. It's gay and it was never good.

fuhny joek

Is nobody going to crack this fucking game already?

And you barely need to lead with the majority of TF weapons (especially assault rifles), and much more importantly you can't reasonably dodge them. They are effectively hitscan.

confirmed for retarded mongoloid who could never keep the pace of arena shooters because timing and high level decision making is too hard. Better to have a simple, easy, accessible, user-friendly, worry-free regenerating health system because encouraging speed, efficiency, and decision making skills is mean to dumb players.

also holy fuck I am confused by everything, he pulled out his uzi, shot a few times, then suddenly holy shit. I should probably get back to EYE

He's obviously a redditor.

Xonotic is a fast game, sure, but showing a video of Xonotic with edited physics is disingenuous, to say the least.

Been playing Swords With Sauce and it is pretty cool with the free movement and you can pull off some pretty insane trick shots. However the game is in Alpha, so perhaps it is best waiting.

Embed related is some footage I recorded trying to re-enact John Wick.

This would be pretty neat if it was more polished and had an actual artstyle.

Defrag.

No prob

get the fuck out, newfag

Too casual tbh famalam

Doom is still the best game ever.

I don't want to derail the thread into arena shooter comparisons, but Titanfall 2's movement and aim work well for what they're trying to do. Your typical arena shooter has static pickups on strict timers to encourage map knowledge and control. In a 6v6 game with AI robots that kind of purity of control and knowledge is much tougher to cultivate successfully. The main reason for this is the titan mechanic: at any given point, any number of people can effectively be playing a different game since the titans can't jump and have trouble shooting into buildings.

I suppose you could say that kind of gameplay dynamic exists in traditional arena shooters, since players with a full 200/200 stack are basically playing a high TTK game whereas some jackass who just spawned has significantly less time to live under fire. Following that, I can see why Titanfall 2's hard divide between piloting a titan and being on the ground would seem artificial and casualized. I don't think I could convince you otherwise (vid related has one of the game designers mentioning how they had trouble making the titan combat both engaging and understandable).

However, I think something like Quake is trying to measure success in terms of how long you can stay alive: the higher your stack, the more you've been controlling the map and the more pickups you've grabbed, the better off you are. Titanfall 2 treats the titans more like interactive killstreaks, in that a successful player is meant to cycle from ground shooting to titan shooting and back again. With the titans behaving like classes, it allows players to choose different ones for different maps or game modes rather than, for lack of a better word, needing to excel at everything all the time.

And, no, I'm not implying Titanfall 2 is deeper than Quake because it has a bunch of different ways for players to succeed/contribute in each game mode. All I'm saying is that most arena shooters (from what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a whole lot) usually focus on duels, CTF, and maybe TDM. Players can do a lot more wacky bullshit which affects parts of the map in Titanfall 2, so there are more game modes to accommodate that and allow the loadout system to be relevant without being solved.

Sorry if this is rambling, but I've enjoyed the game immensely since I bought it on sale and I think it's oversimplifying to say it's casualized when it's less forgiving than every other AAA shooter on the market. And yes, I know AAA shooters aren't a high bar to surpass, but I'm just comparing the game to its competition.

Reflex was released recently and it's pretty dang good. There are a lot of newer players looking to get better and a lot of medium players, so nobody should have trouble finding a decent challenge.

well that's something

It's not as much about him being tired, it's general Holla Forums's lack of interest in moonman whatsoever
and lack of anons that can deliver some quality sprites

DESYNC

here's a video of one of the devs playing (not my vid don't bully)

youtube.com/watch?v=UV3hkSn2iqI

ok