Which video game made you realize you have autism?

Which video game made you realize you have autism?

Advance Wars

What the fuck even is autism and its symptoms aside from repetition and social inadequacy.

i've always interpreted the vidya definition of autism as the kind of thing that drives an otherwise normal human to make a 1:1 replica of the starship enterprise in minecraft, or make a completely 100% efficient and automated machine in factorio, or god forbid you're one of the guys who compulsively breeds pokemon until you get the EXACT stats and nature and EV shit that you want

Unwarranted obsessive behavior and lack of situaltional awareness. Sounds like you pretty much understand it.

The entire idle game genre, and the fact that I spent even a second participating. Especially considering how even as I'm typing this, an idle is going on in the background Help Me

What game?

Wraframe I don't even know why I still play it

Does S ranking every level of DMC4 on every difficulty 5 times count as autism?
(not pictured my 360 DMC4 rankings)

Liking Wurm doesn't make you an autist lad.

People have taken to conjuring their own definition of autism for a given good or bad trait and using it when it suits.

Purist = Autist
Social Sperg = Autist
Genius = Autist
Know something and get angry quickly? = Autist
Stare into space now and then? = Autist
Played a game = Autist
Was alive and lonely because people are cunts = Autist

You say autistic, I say unemployed.

Yes, congratulations.

You say unemployed, I say target audience of Moeshit

Thank you.

Bleach Soul Ressurecion. I haven't followed Bleach and knew nothing avout it when I was gifted that game and all it has is mindlessly repetitive missions, and yet I played it very often and leveld up all characters to the end. To do that you need to do the same missions over and over again for dozens of hours, for each character.
Also probably terraria, since I rebuilt the enirety of my small world into something more convenient for me, wasting a ridiculous amount of hours.

Now you should try to do it in The Wonderful 101

Age of Empires.

Getting Pure Platinum is actually the hardest shit man. I only managed to get a normal Platinum run in Bayonetta to unlock Jeanne. DMC4 happens to be one of the easier games to S rank due to the only real requirement being not dying. Where as most other games fuck your rank if you take Damage.

Path of exile is the game that made me realize I don't have enough autism. Way too many numbers. I prefer some comfy dwarf fortress type autismo games.

Ha, interestingly enough, this was the first video I watched when I heard about and looked up Minecraft. I wasn't even initially aware of survival mode as the guy just talked about building this giant ass ship.

Do people ever play multiplayer RP maps where they just try and make the most beautiful looking landscape they can muster without murdering each other?

that immideatly turned me off from Path of Exile

that said my autism kicked in when playing Factorio

I just want to perfectly set up all my production facilities.

BeamNG Drive
At first I was messing around, crash testing, speeding, doing stunts but then I just started cruising at normal speeds in first person mode while listening to music, I could drive for hours sometimes, listening to talk shows and stuff like that, then I started downloading more maps to drive on

You say autism, I say having fun.

Are there big open maps where you can drive through the snow at night?

Sayonara Umihara Kawase. Speedrunning each level just means repeating the same small handful of actions and hoping the physics don't fuck you over, but fuck I had to make the top 7. I don't even wanna know what the jap best times are.

Maplestory. Leveling well past level 120 before 4th job's been released, on Mardia.

i don't like anime, please don't post any more pictures like that in this thread

sincerely yours xoxoxoxoxoxo

sucks to be you

at one point i grinded aikido mod so hard i became no. 1 in leaderboards. played for many nights like 8-10 hours straight. had some effective moves.

also spent countless hours building stuff in this game

Yep, that. Just the typical imageboard progression of insults.

Retarded > Gay > Faggot > Nigger > Autist

Only back when I was on uppers, otherwise I have far too many games on my backlog to bother going full autismo on a single one.

And I love it.

tell me, senpai

I find that the only autistic game I really got into was TIS-100 because it taught me skills. I also dabbled a bit in Shenzhen IO, but I already feel that I'm wasting my time playing video games, so investing time reading manuals for skills I will never utilize outside of the game is a major turnoff.

Cities Skylines. It's pretty much the city sim I've been waiting for for 15 years.

I could be but you have to pay $20 every 3 months because the kikes running paradox who makes you think they are swedes vomit shitty DLC like no other

Google "Behaviorism".

Dwarf Fortress. Being interested in it at all is a strong indicator.

real life

All the time. Some people have cool diplomacy style RPs where they're pretending the game won't end in war

Probably SimCity2000, back on the PSX. I found myself paving over literally every square inch of maps with roads and buildings, knowing fully that it didn't make any sense. But I was somehow compelled to do it, anyway.

Oh god Holla Forums can we please form more RP servers across all games?

Back when I was a wee young lad, I burned more than $100 on donations for a minecraft tekkit server.
The saddest part is that I lost interest not too long after that and when I decided to get back into it, the server shut down.

Oblivion.

I need to know what game this is too.

That took a couple hours at worse in pokemon x & y

S.T.AL.K.E.R and its countless mods.
Mount &Blade and its countless mods.
XCOM and its countless mods.
Half Life/2 and its countless mods.
Arma and its countless mods.

Call of Duty United Offensive was pretty fun

dota

For a while I was #1 on Terraria's leaderboard for a couple things on psn. Think im still in the top 20. It was unintentional and I would get multiple friend requests daily so I started playing on PC.

I'd love to play those russian mods. They've got a lot of them where the language is the only barrier.

There are leaderboards for terraria? For what? Boss times and stuff?

Just kill yourself you fucking waste of space

Mad.

Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Wurm Unlimited

Shame that Holla Forums ruined Wurm by scattering like cockroaches. Now every thread since mimics the course of the first ones; hope on server, something minor happens, everyone abandons server, everyone waits for their own server, it falls apart, same shit happens a month later. I was happy having autism and being the village gay. Now it's all gone like a shit in a tornado.

It's just slang, calm down you autist.

Aurora 4X
Alternatively, X3: Albion Prelude
Alternatively, Dwarf Fortress

You're part of the cancer that is killing vidya, kill yourself.

my nigger.
tfw no more comfy month long rct threads were we'd trade collab maps back and forth. never did get to finish this one.

this sounds comfy. have you tried My Summer Car?

It actually wasn't that bad in X/Y. I couldn't bring myself to care in Sun/Moon though.

That was exactly my thought. It sounds like my MSC cruising. I just wish MSC's map was bigger.

Looks nice. Wish Euro Truck Simulator was a bit prettier like that.

I just got into Agnus and seeing how short the game seems like, I'm guessing once you complete it with Nero you'll get Dante and do a run?

Mah niggur

Ha ha ha

Can you have autism for DOOM?

I really want to get into autism games, they seem so fun, but I never can get through the initial learning process and gitting gud. What should I do?

He doesn't know.

What about cuck?

You can pirate the Linux version but not the expansion packs. Drives me nuts. It always puts me in a paralysis, deciding between playing a shittier version in my comfy distro or rebooting to play it in shitty Windows.

Which tilepack is that user?

Dwarf Fortress.

I guess it says something about my personal stabilization and normalization that I haven't played it for years. At the same time, I've slowly become more of a normalfag. I have a handful of oldfag friends - people who were there for Habbo Hotel, when I only got involved at 4cuck around 2009 or so. Of my circle, I'm the only one that browses imageboards anymore, and I only come here and to /cyber/ these days.

I started playing Dorf Fort in 2007. I was 15 or 16. I'm 25 now.

I guess it's for the better. Maybe someday I'll be able to find a girl and settle down. For now, I just travel and work in the most interesting places I can find.

Pic related. I also once collected every legitimately obtainable "music disc" in the game. You can only get them in dungeons or by somehow getting a skeleton to kill a creeeper. You can speed it up by making a double trap with pistons, catching one of each, and then standing by it so the skeleton tries to shoot you and hits the creeper instead. It took hours of grinding to get all of them, and I probably ended up with at least a hundred records with all the duplicates.

then why are you on a site for chinese cartoons xoxoxoxoxo

The lack of self awareness of this autist is hilarious.

Roguelikes.
DCSS specifically.

The game looks fun but I never figured it out because there are no explanations to let me know just what is needed to make the city run well. It just throws you in there and you have to figure it out on your own.

Your 'tism must be humongous to have built that successfully.

Don't know for sure, I didn't make the image, but I think its either Phoebus or Obsidian. Comes with the Starter Pack, I think.

To add to that, look up "skinner box".

I remember that game. Didn't play enough to get good at it so I usually just lunged at the opponent fullspeed like a cannonball and tried to rip pieces of them off as I flew by. It worked sometimes.

Shit, that reminds me of this. You could make objects magnetic, so I made planets out of huge circles with with tiny pacman shapes for people that bounced around like it had gravity. I even gave them houses with hinged doors and everything.

I haven't been wildly successful yet but I what I've been doing is just fucking pushing through autism games hoping it will stop making me lose braincells. or maybe it never stops and that is how I fully mesh with the autism

I've gotten somewhat into Space Station but I can't for the life of me jump into a role that is not just shitposting (I'm talking honkmaster clown and mime)

Have tried to get into Dwarf Fortress with no avail. I did get somewhat far into Factorio though.

get out normalfaggot

The reason why I can't get in DF is that it just seems so pointless to actually play the game when I could just draw out the perfect fortress and be done with it. There's so little actual random shit you have to deal with unless you accept conditions that can result in Fun a few minutes after starting (like super hostile map conditions). As those sorts of things infuriate me, every game goes pretty much exactly the same. It got boring after playing it three times, and then, yes, opening up MSPaint and drawing the perfect base. Never had any reason to play it again; by creating that base, I'd already done everything I ever could.

play adventure mode

Toribash is a great game and free. Holla Forums tournament when?

I agree, we need to play this.

I only like building things; rouguelikes do not interest me.

Make a thread?

Kill yourself op.

What about games that basically required autism to be good at?

THE RESULT

undertale tbh

wait a minute didn't i read a storytime like that once

The game is structured as a giant tutorial, though. Pretty much all you do is build things in order.

Our autism reached critical mass. There was no helping it.

I play Minecraft sometimes, but when it came down to it I didn't think I had autism. I always just took it as a meme, and ignored it. Then at the age of 30, I got diagnosed due to real-life problems I'd been having, and it turns out, I have actual autism. So I guess people liking Minecraft really can be taken as a possible sign, but I have troubles with associating the two because I think it's silly.

Age of Empires II, Minecraft and Fallout 4. It's a shame the only good game out of them is the first.

ur mom

I see you are a true connoisseur

That DF image really pisses me off. The unnecessary tilepack screenshot, the underlining in red, and the "urist mcsmartass" joke all lead me to believe it was created by a redditor for an audience of redditors.

autism is a meme