Continuation of the Kenshi thread, since the first one did so well it hit the bump limit

Continuation of the Kenshi thread, since the first one did so well it hit the bump limit.

Reminder that Beak Things are the devil.

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=92781671622111994585
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/5/343788552534217406/
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/2/133261907145702720/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761102741&searchtext=enslave
8ch.net/v/res/12362363.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a bunch of those exact trees near my base.

Kenshit is for queers.

There's no way I'm buying this since it's going to eternally be in early access, but is it fun in its current state?

Well I dunno about other people but I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh also, here's the most recent torrent that was posted in the previous thread. Apparently I'm supposed to do this to prove I'm not a shill.

0.95.27 just recently got uploaded.

For all the others who don't buy early access

Here:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ABAB9CE4E8F0A43279550826C946A41C0AA0696C&dn=Kenshi.v0.95.27.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2800%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2780%2fannounce

It's just not fun. What good is a game that isn't fun? It feels like the amount of effort that Bethesda wants to put into the next TES.

Not at all, they're going to call you a shill regardless it's a buzzword that lost it's meaning like cuck. Post the link if you want to be nice and want other anons to play but don't believe that garbage about proving your not a shill because all the lazy nigs just want to be spoon feed a link whiles shouting justifications

Save compatible or you have to import your save?

what is Kenshi?

As a general rule you should import your save for every update that isn't a tiny bug fix. I think this one needs to be imported especially because they change stuff about farming.

A game that has been developed for around a decade by now, but is recently picking up steam. Its a squad-based RTS set in a post-postapocalyptic 580 square km continent populated by various factions you can interact with in different ways, while you play a merchant, wandering mercenary, shop owner, or build your own town and conquer your rivals. Its a lot like Mount and Blade.

So I played this for about 5 hours today.
Started with a single guy on default.
Mined a little ore, sold it and ran off to the next farm to see of the shop was also shit. It was, and I got my head bashed in for using a training dummy that belonged to the paladins. My toughness score went from 1 to 9 and I got 24 hours in a cage. After that I ran back and mined a little more and went to the main "holy base" in the area again in search of something to buy. It turns out to have a lot of armor, but I can only afford some shoes and a leather shirt. .. Go back and mine some more, sell some more, now I have over 10k. I still can't figure out how the fuck to get building materials and fabric or what the fuck I'm even doing.

Build a research bench in a building that you either built or bought in town to be able to build a stone mine and refinery to turn stone into building materials. Alternately, find a construction items shop and buy from it.

Just recently completed my raid on the cannibal capital. Tried sneaking my light armor ninja into the rear of the complex for a clean capture while the rest waited in the hills, then two patrols of weak cannibals saw my guys at the same time my ninja got spotted in the main area and a massive brawl happened.
For a moment thought I was fucked due to the massive numbers against my squad and the surprising strength of the cannibal grand wizard, combat stats in the 60s with high quality holy plate and moon cleaver.

After sustaining moderate injuries and a couple close calls, was finally able to subdue him and his chieftains. Also got a nice stash of weapons and armor from his main shack.
Carrying the guys to World's end right now for their bounties and its kind of annoying, running into cannibal, shrieking and even a couple of berserker patrols on the way.

Actually having a lot of fun so far. Sure the devs are kind of retarded but there is a lot of potential in the game.

Construction and trade goods shops will carry materials for building.
In my current game I started out recruiting and exploring before trying to build an outpost. Bought and repaired a house in The Hub to store good loot I was bringing back early on.

I stored some ore in a chest that didn't belong to me and it vanished by the next day while I went to mine more very close by . What's the deal with that?

The game probably doesn't keep track of containers that don't belong to you. I don't know for sure though, but that's my guess.

Was it in a shop or bar? Containers in those places are actually used to store the goods they sell and their inventories refresh every day or two. Shopkeepers don't actually carry their goods unless they are wandering traders.
If not, maybe some NPC came by and picked it up.
Starting off a new game, should probably buy shack or a house in a town and build some storage to keep your shit in to make sure nothing happens to it.

Oh, I didn't know Tech Hunters could be found in the Floodlands, that's neat.

Tech Hunters can be found wandering the map.
Most of them have combat stats between 50 to 80 with very high quality gear on average. Should be careful if planning to knock out or fight them.

From what I understand of the game back end, its tracking all the NPCs and patrols across the world including any fights they get into even when the player isn't around. Don't think it even auto-resolves the fights either.

Oh that's interesting. I didn't see them on the list of homeless squads in the Floodlands so the fact that they can be permanent like that is something I'll have to look into so I can replicate it.

What's the point? I mean, isn't this game essentially abandoned shitware at this point?

Well I don't think there is a point. You just set yourself a goal and keep at it until you start a new game or die. The developers are going to keep working on it so I guess we just need to see if it will turn into a trainwreck or not.

If you want a tough goal to work towards, could try tracking down the Bugmaster and capturing him for the bounty. From what I've seen, just about all of his combat stats are basically maxed.
And if that isn't enough challenge, he is guarded by a literal army of giant spiders and they will be really fucking pissed if you can actually capture him and try leaving his lair.

I meant what's the point in all the recent threads for this, as in am I missing something?

Oh well I started the last one and it was so popular it hit the bump limit so I figured there was enough demand for a second one.

I wish there was some sort of, even unmentioned, end goal. Right now it's grind for X so you can grind for Y so you can finally get Z. Then you get Z and realise there is no more reason to play and that you killed a hundred hours grinding for no reason

I think later on you'll be able to take over towns and stuff so your end goal could just be world domination/helping an NPC faction achieve world domination.

I managed to capture the bugmaster today, there were fucking loads of fleshspiders running around outside but not too many when you get inside his tower, his stats are in the 80s.
Did it with 9 people at 30-40 combat stats easily.

They might have toned him and the whole area down then since first being introduced.
Did you recruit him?

no, I sold his faggot ass in Admag for an easy 100k cats

What kenshi needs is a waifu creation mod ala , sex, and rape

not everything needs to cater to degenerates you fucking autist

It’s shilling for an incomplete game.

No one is forcing you to buy it faggot, I didn't and a magnet link has even been provided.

If you don't like the game, fine. Just fuck off to another thread then.

I told you about this earlier in the thread user, just ignore them, they'll call you a shill either way

Oh no that's a different dude

Well my mistake then, should've read the ID but the point still stands just enjoy the game and post pictures and stories

Not today thank you.

I've seen a couple of those on my northern exploration trips so far, yet to fight one.
How difficult are they to kill?

I'll give it a try if I find one alone

Thanks I'll give it a go.

pretty difficult, it killed one of my guys instantly and two more were set to 'dying'. The rest were only unconscious.

Well fuck.
Maybe try turrets? Probably get one guy to run around keeping aggro while the rest fire at the thing.
How fast are the things?

Could be a creature that was designed with personal ranged weapons as a strategy by the looks of all that health, too bad they aren't in yet.

They were faster than me but not by much and i was pretty encumbered with loot
yeah I was pretty confused at first when people offered to join me as gunners

I want ranged weapons so bad. Crossbows are always my go-to weapon in games that happen.

*in games that have them.

In other news my character got both his arms broken, so that's bad.

run around and you look like sanic so it's not all bad

At last I truly see

I hope the devs optimize this game after release.
Sure it's playable even now but it really is needing a lot more resources than other games.

You are now a true ninja warrior

I'm really not sure, especially with the way it handles simulating the a-life.

your character is a faggot

Also, where is the comfiest but also kinda habitable place for a small base?

Do note, you do actually run with your arms behind you if you run while sneaking with a stealth skill of 25 or maybe 50.

How do I gitgud at this game? Does anyone recommend a video walk through or something?

But that's not true, if you are talking about Persona or Nier Automata it's not shilling, but those are the only safe games for the remainder of the year.

Well technically its a robot so there isn't a gender involved.

, as for building a base, I actually find the coastline to the west of the Cannibal Plains to be pretty peaceful and fertile so long as you don't stray too far inland. If you want to be a bit closer to a town, the valley below the Hub is another good start.

Oh I didn't know that, neat.

Your mod a gay.

Tell me about the modding tools.

The modding tools are incredibly easy to learn. My mod is adding a new race, factions, NPCs, and squads, along with 500+ lines of new dialogue. I have done that all in the span of about a week and have looked up no tutorials at all. The only thing that requires a significant level of skill is modeling and importing new weapons and armor, and doubly so for new bodies. I don't think anyone has even attempted new animations.

Do you know how the game handles ownership of terrain, or if it's possible to change the games money into something like spice/dust and make it so robot repair consumes that instead of the stupid robot repair kits.

Fuckin skeleton scum

Don't know what you mean when you say ownership of terrain but here's your answer to the first question.

Done.

I don't know if it would still function as currency but you could probably use it to repair robots.

Oh and just to hammer in how easy it is to mod this game, I figured all that out just now without ever having thought of doing it before. The only real challenge seems like figuring out how to make it both repair robots and remain as a currency item. You could probably create another item that functions as currency? Heck, once Cats become a physical item, you could easily make different denominations of coins and such if you so desired.

Okay, I need to clear something up with this game.

I vividly and distinctly recall reading Lo-Fi Games having gone under.

I was heartbroken because I've been playing this game ever since it was first greenlit. I even voted for it. I was wuite distraught to say the least.

I uninstalled it and moved it to my "Rused Again" section.

But then I saw it get updated, more land, more content, races, a character creator that doesnt suck cock, etc

Did I hallucinate it? I could have sworn they had collapsed!

Am I crazy?

I have no idea what you're talking about, the developers are still going strong.

I am just waiting for the (((Skeletons))) meme to take hold and spread like wildfire.

Go back to Berenstain universe.

FFS.

You never read that they went under you must have misinterpreted that they had went under based on the fact that the games final release target has been cut down because the guy who made it wants to finish the game, the only chance is good post 1.0 support, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Is it a game yet? Been waiting like 4+ years for it to stop being a boring tech demo piece of shit.

I mean you could do that but then I don't know if you could use it to repair robots. I don't know if its possible to give an item two effects at once.

Oh wait I have an idea

Ok so you could probably duplicate the Cats item and assign it ITEM_ROBOTREPAIR and then create a workshop counter than transfers the money cats into the repair cats, and that should work. Call it a refinery or something.

That seems like a stupid limitation.

Assign ITEM_ROBOTREPAIR to the duplicate Cats, I mean.

I guess they didn't consider people would do stuff like this. I'll put it in bug reports or something, maybe they'll update the FCS so we can do that. In the meantime I believe I found a workaround to it in my previous post about the workshop.

It just seems retarded that I can't just go into the Robot race and modify it's source of healing to be money.

I'm not interested in having to create a second resource to do it though, I'd rather it be one resource, the robot repair kits themselves are retarded, so making money like dust and having skeletons more like the Broken Lords just seems to fix the poor balance of robot repair kits.

Huh, I just checked and I guess you can't do that. I guess its the item that is checked rather than the race. Like, the healing items themselves are the objects that are tagged to effect different races, rather than the different races being tagged to be healed by specific things, if you get what I'm saying.

I don't think its possible to do something like that unless you're prepared to create a new resource. like for example, a dust mine that produces it over time as you mine it. But making a single item both a healing item and a currency doesn't seem possible.

Oh, and then you'd probably have to alter all the NPCs that carry repair kits so they carry that item instead so you don't end up breaking the game's balance on accident.

What?

I wouldn't be interested in doing such things, I'd make something to generate it but it would have to be the multi prupose resource I'd want, some sort of cloth net that catches tiny particles of the resource during dust storms.

Well that's a given.

I discovered how easy skeletons have it versus my attempt at a human colony.

I don't think that will be possible unless you are willing to use workshops to change its effects.

Just wait 'till the Holy Nation catches wind of you.

I don't mind if I can't get it to work the way I want it to, but I wouldn't compromise on that though, oh well.

what, why?

My toughness was very high by the time I reached World's End.

They are very easy to get considering there's only a handful of sane skeletons roaming the world. Never had to worry about running out of them myself when I was around anywhere besides Holy Nation territory.

It takes a while on the tech tree to get them even though they are important objects, so I'd rather just remove them and have players have to pay raw cash for them, probably in the same value area of the robot repair kits, but I'd like to build the resource to be more like dust/spice, some semi divine resource with strange magical effects that can be used in a wide variety of things and it's value makes it the worlds currency. I'd also like to make a few changes to skeletons themselves but it looks like the base of what I want to do is impossible so whatever.

Make up your mind, niggers.

They're easy to buy, but hard to manufacture. You need access to the robotics workbench, steel manufacturing and electrical parts(copper). It's pretty high on the research tree, but it doesn't bother me personally since I'm around towns that would stock them more than my base.

We aren't the same people, and I never said they are hard to get, you can just walk down to the hive men and buy them there but then you have to go out of your way to get those valuable repair kits, a better job can be done.

Yeah well, I hope the Holy Nation finds your sorry skeleton asses.

So is this a pre-eclipse Griffith simulator or what?

The newest changelog had this to say

I think at some point they might take you out before you get strong unless you are careful.

No

I'm not an AI, I will win, as long as the game allows me to eliminate entire towns, I will win.

Go to any decent ruins and you'll have skeleton repair kits coming out of your ass
pic related, haven't crafted a single one

There isn't any magic in the game but you can definitely sacrifice your band of mercenaries to man eating monsters if you feel like it.

If anyone is interested, they can lower the chance of this happening by going to Vendor Lists and lowering the chance a Skeleton Repair Kit has to spawn in a loot container.

Are there crossbows, and are they worth using (even if I have to build my character a certain way)?

There are crossbow turrets and they are really good for defending against attacks on your outpost but personal ranged weapons probably wont be in until after 1.0, but they will probably be in when that happens.

Bagged the bugmaster and raided the ancient tech lab. What else is there to do from here?

What, there are no equippable ranged weapons at all?

That's correct. Don't get excited when you find a "gunner"

How do you guys raise the combat stats so much, i started whit a group of nobodies and the only way i have to level their combat skills aside from training dummies is hit and run, any small creature to beat up and grind exp?

Until complex faction interactions get added there really isn't that much to do beyond roleplay, build a base, or genocide populations.

I just started a new game and these fucking bonedogs won't let me mine, I want to gas them all.

Oh and play a merchant.

What the fuck why is your character's picture Nar Sie?

Yeah this game has its cool moments. Also, you will appreciate Bonedogs more when you buy a pack of them from the Holy Farms for use as guards that you don't need to feed. I once ran a whole outpost without training any soldiers. I just spammed doggos at whatever came at me. I had a lot of money though so I could afford to do that.

Some screw up, it's my first game since I installed it so I probably have to load back to fix it.

I did that on my old save, I had one doggo who guarded me really fucking well after my tiny jew squad member died after saving my life from the doggos. Be careful, don't put doggos in houses unless you're willing to risk them being stuck there. Also I'm pretty sure the Holy Farms run out of animals to sell.

You can fix that by importing the game I think but yeah good point.

So, I started a new dude, and after nabbing a river raptor that had an assault bounty from attacking holy sentinels, I turned it in and discovered that if you run away from the person you're turning in a bounty to right as he reaches you, you'll keep the prisoner and he'll go back behind the counter. You can keep turning in for relations, but I think the bounty is cleared if you ask for cats.
So after doing that and getting to 120 relations with Holy Nation, I wandered around Blister Hill and into Lord Phoenix's throne room 'cause he apparently gives you something if you talk to him at 75+ relations. He wasn't there, however, so I did what any reasonable scorchlander would do in the face of such a minor disappointment and decided to steal shit from the paladins. The sleeping paladins didn't have a kidnap option, though. It was just 'pick up'. So I nabbed one, left Blister Hill, took his gear, and returned him. I decided to take one of his buddies afterwards, and now I'm just sitting here wondering if I could recruit some guys and use my new deployable high paladins to rob Armor King.

I got myself a lot of money, got myself jailed and practiced on the dummies and sneaked back into my cage

Man, that's the first time i've seen a Castanza in a long while. Feels like forever since someones posted the belittler.

There's been a push against the old file name format, and I think that's stopping older memes from being posted.

Apparently the robotics workbench is planned to do more than just make repair kits, devs eventually want to introduce limb removal/destruction and the ability to create artificial replacements.

You could try killing some leviathans.

You just have to go for it user, don't be afraid to get beaten up.
Start with weaklings like hungry bandits, maybe small groups of river raptors and work your way up.
Can also lure enemies to a city gate and have the guards fight them while you get some blows in, did this early on with dust bandits around The Hub.

This was scrapped due to time constraints I think.

NOOO

Yeah its a shame. I do know the guy who's working on creating the body for my mod is planning on merging the meshes of Skeletons and people to create a cyborg race, so that might be happening later.

The character models surprisingly don't look shitty, I thought that was a qt before realising it was a skeleton trap.

Technically they are genderless so you can call them whatever you want. I've also added Variants which were models that were custom-designed according to the specifications of the customer, which come in male and female varieties and were presumably built for a wide variety of purposes.

Also, the model looks good from this angle but its still kinda fucky atm, so there are some little errors like skeleton (the mesh kind not the kenshi kind) rigging and UV mapping that need to be sussed out. On the plus side that should be done this week I hope.

I was thinking of making some kind of 'Holy Soup Kitchen' mod, but apparently paladin squad leaders with the 'honorable' personality will give you their rations if you're starving and a basic med kit if you have any broken limbs.
Might still do it, though. Might.

HN = pol
UC = v
Shek = monster

HN honestly sounds more like a more radical version of /christian/
UC can be Holla Forums or some other jewish board
I see nothing wrong with Shek being /monster/ tbh

also what the fuck is up with my portrait, I can't fix it

bumpu for explanation

You're possessed by Narko. I recommend committing yourself to Rebirth or just offing yourself in a ditch somewhere, preferably far away from Holy Nation territory.

I should just off myself right now.

That's what you get for breeding with skeletons

been playing a bit yesterday, had it on shit settings because laptop and big rig isn't put together right now

it plats an awful lot like those old WC3 custom maps where you have a hero and build your own base

was pretty easy setting up my base but I kinda started near a shitload of iron tone and copper and in a farm I could steal a ton of food from to feed me and dodge but also sell

oh and the weak ass graphics card has me using lowest settings most of the time

Exciting.

Well I mean, no game is for everyone but what did you expect would happen when you entered some guy's house without his permission?

Where do you recruit people then? I have been looking in bars and so far only found really fucking expensive guys.

Yeah those are the default recruits. You gotta scrape up the money from looting and mining for the first few but after that you can start growing exponentially when your industries are set up/you can go after high value targets.

3000 moneys for the cheapest recruits. There's a mod on the Nexus that adds more recruits and some of those are for free.

I think the new recruit's price got buffed to 6000 actually.

What does a brand fucking new character do then?

Have a goal in mind and work towards it
I started out and thought "I want to build a little outpost where I can smith weapons." So I did.

Should try recruiting some of the free characters if you are having trouble early on.

There is a free character at The Hub, I think its always a male greenlander.
Another one is just a bit more south at Squin, a female shek named Ruka.

There is also a small chance of NPCs joining your squad if you rescue them from slavery/prison.

I'm on my second play session ever. Started as the default, did the mining, bought a couple of waifus with all level 1s. Did a ton of training and killed raptors like crazy, done a lot of mining, bought my first shack, got some research going, everyone has small backpacks and leather-ish armor. I've built a couple of storage chests, 3 backpacks full of dried meat. Feels good.

What thievery and sneaking skill should I be at before I try to rescue people?

10-20 would give you a fair chance if you do it at night I think.

The Hub has thieves guild with training equipment for thievery, can only use it if you join by paying 10k.
Would also recommend buying their backpacks from the fence, they have only minor stat/combat penalties compared to most other backpacks.

just now i had the idea to just lure a gang of bandits to pursue one of my men while the rest deals whit the one of 2 that are left behind, i will just set them on block status until they level it up to a decent ammmount then i will focus on the offensive.

if you're just starting i highly reccomend being a thief nigger in a holy nation town. steal and get caught until you stop getting caught and build up enough funds to buy some lackeys. at least they feed you in prison and you can train your lockpicking in the cell.

Interested in this game, what are some options for fun playstyles? Can I be a jewish merchant (horse, cart and all)? Can I be a slaver?

You can be so Jewish. As for being a merchant, you gotta buy low in the right cities and sell high in places where there is demand.

You can buy pack animals to carry your shit yes.

You can sell members of your squad to the Slaver's Guild and I think some mods let you actually take slaves in raids and stuff. If not, it should be fairly easy to mod in.

pack animals with huge bag loads work well and you can jew it up accross the countryside. you can even hire pretty good mercenary protection without having to hire and train your own guards, though i would still recommend it.

player slaving is only with mods annoyingly, and it's only OK. You can be enslaved in vanilla but it doesnt go the other way.

actually if you're just looking to take prisoners then enslave them for sale you might be able to sell people to the slavers guild, it got fucked up with the new map though so hard to say if its all fully functional right now.

There's a slave market in the far south, west of Clownsteady. Slavery is illegal in the Holy Nation btw. Unless its the government doing it, but then its called purification through labor or something.

Thanks guys

r8 my merchant

(((10)))/10

I having some difficulty understanding the trading UI

When it says things like "Value" and "Sell value", I understand that it is telling me what it's actual value is and what its selling price is, however I don't know what if that's from my perspective of selling or the NPCs perspective of me buying.

If the percentages are green it means the price for buying is lower than normal, if the price is red it means it is being sold for higher than normal.

Basically if its green, that's where you buy it and if its red, that's where you sell it.

Can one of you faggots upload the recruitable prisoners mod from the workshop for us pirates?

I remember someone asking me to download a ton of mods for this reason. I reuploaded them here. I think recruitable prisoners is stashed away in one of the folders.
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=92781671622111994585

or you could just type "kenshi mod" into google and visit a half dozen sites that host mods. unless you want to download the above faggot 5 gig of "gee idk maybe" instead.

Don't think there are many Kenshi mods hosted outside the workshop including that prisoners mod. Most of the ones I've seen anyway are very outdated.

And apparently devs can make the workshop not allow downloading unless you own their game.

Hey is anyone familiar with a problem like this? My friend is working on exporting a body model from blender, but when he does it has this weird grey fuzz around the face, especially the mouth. Pic related is the face with the issues. It doesn't even always show up. In some angles the grey fuzz isn't visible at all, but in others its very visible. And it doesn't just happen with this particular body either, it happens to all body models imported and exported from Blender.

Isn't that how your robo-trannies are supposed to look?

Well actually they're supposed to be genderless but I digress. Here's a screen of the normal female head for comparision.

When picking up unconscious my characters get stuck and dont move, is this fixed on the latest version?

For the longest time, until I had good weapons for everyone, my bull was the best fighter in my squad.

There are a handful of uniques that are still free. I got this crazy old treasure hunter at The Hub who wears a leather longcoat, he joined me for free after using the right dialogue options.

I think? If not, rebuild navmesh, save, and reload.

if the development is succesfull, think of them mods that there will be, tons of sex mods, brothel mod, sex slave mod, sex dungeon mod, amazon clan kidnapping mod, much more crap than elder scrolls, also maybe a LISA world mod, the desert and being beaten up by psycho bandits reminds me too much of LISA

Console command?

control+shift+f11

I headed to Squin to check it out and indeed there is a squidgirl there who wants to join for free. I declined though assuming she is KoS in holy lands? I'm still just managing a single squad.

WHAT WAS AWESOME in Squin is the level 3 mannequins that go mostly unguarded that got all my new waifus up to level 11 melee in like 5 minutes of fast-foward time.

I think only skeletons are KoS. If you don't have a (probably male) human with you to play the part of the slavemaster, though, you'll have paladins trying to enslave them. And even if you've got one, I'm fairly sure there's a chance for them to insist on you surrendering your nonhumans to Rebirth regardless.

In general, just duck out of sight of paladin patrols and you should be fine. Or kill them and make it up later by turning in some bounties without asking for a reward.

for now i'm just gonna play nice and safe. i just got my first outpost ever made just outside of the hub before the bar. it's got fucking everything right there and i'm especially pleased how my squad runs back and fills the machines when they get full. also i just kicked a group of dust bandist's asses i feel fairly safe here. i am however not ready to tangle with paladins.

What's a squid girl?

TBH, I don't know there names, and squid girl was a bad call because they are actually horns. (humanoids with blue-ish skin and horns and some kind of natural armor)

Hey OP, Your dolls don't have the same 4x healing speed that normal skeletons have to make up for them not being able to sleep, do they? Because my doll is healing excruciatingly slowly.

3x rate, excuse me.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the mod and set the healing rate to 2, since still want them to be somewhat inferior to Skeletons in that regard.

So how do I go from being some scrub fucking farmer with shit gear to having a full squad in 25k items / a slot. I haven't really had any economic growth at all, everything goes as fast as it comes in and mining is getting boring as shit, how do I start going into profit mode.

Kite bandits into guard squads and loot them, then buy some dudes and a ton of construction materials and get building.

bandit gear isn't worth shit and i can already mine stone and ore for plates and materials.

What other towns have traders that sell higher level books? This time around I found just one Ancient Science Book at World's End.

If you're not in an area with high value bandits then your best bet is to buy a few construction materials and start a farm. Research cooking and make cooked vegetables and stuff so you're self sufficient while you mine things. Then recruit a dude so one guy can constantly mine while the other guy can constantly tend the farms and cook. Repeat and expand and train your dudes with dummies so they can handle the occasional goon squad.

World's End is about the only place you can actually buy them from. You're meant to go to biomes with ruins and stuff and loot them for ancient technology and knowledge, which includes ancient science books.

Build a leather crafting bench, get one or two wooden backpacks full of animal skin from the asshole animals in Vain, sit some asshole at the bench until the animal skin is all gone and you're sitting on a mountain of leather, get a similarly-sized mountain of fabric somehow, and turn it all into leather vests/shirts. Chain shirts/mail also work. Armor crafting (and maybe weapon crafting, haven't tried) eventually becomes ridiculously profitable, turning a few hundred cats worth of inputs into thousands and then tens of thousands of cats in profit.

I can't say I'm satisfied, but at least it's not as bad as it was.

I'm aware it makes healing a bit tedious, but keep in mind Dolls were primarily built to be servants, not fighters, and even when they do fight, they have penalties to strength and toughness, but bonuses to dodge and dexterity. If the player is using a Doll in a fight, the intent should be to avoid getting hit at all. Later on, when crossbows are implemented, using Dolls in combat will be much more viable, as they were primarily designed to be used as ranged support types.

*primarily designed from a gameplay perspective.

Lore wise they were never built to be fighters

But my doll sex slave needs to repair itself quickly to recover from the internal and external damage it sustains from my monster cock and excessive sadism.

Yeah I get that, I just needed to be able to craft some better gear before moving on to train my guys to go fuck shit up in those places.

Blame the shoddy manufacturers for not properly reverse-engineering Skeletons. Alternately, just buy a ton of them and remodel them all to look the same.

gear isn't necessarily the most important thing. If you have high stats, you can mop the floor with anyone wearing nothing but but your underwear.

Removal of limbs and cybernetics is still in.

steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/5/343788552534217406/

If you have a source that's dated later than this please hit me up with it because I'd love to have that feature in.

Eh fuck. You're right.
Fucking ranged weapons and civilian pops also cut.
Fuck.

Ranged weapons and civilian populations actually seem fairly likely to be added in, but just at a later date. Ranged weapons were especially mentioned to be very likely to be added in after 1.0.

As a "freebie"
I like the game, the devs don't piss me off too bad.

But I'm pretty sure he wants to cut things to repackage as DLC.

I've been remembering his comment
"This new update is huge I should of called it Kenshi 2 to sell it again"
Which rubs me the wrong way because for YEARS we were waiting on the new map update.
Joking about you could of fucked us isn't cool.

But again I don't think too much of it, I think the dev is just a fucking airhead.

So, I updated and the 2 mines next to my fucking base vanished. -.- Also looking closely I see something called condition on mines, is that to say mines are no longer infinite?

is that the whole explorable map at present?

sounds like a plan.

When you start the game you get a choice between 1 or 5 members, does that choice also make any difference once you are in the game? I mean is the town npcs, recruitables and such all the same?

This is pretty accurate I think. The developers are just kinda goofs.

the darkened areas are currently locked off.

Oh you can glitch the game out to see in development areas by using shift-f12 and validating road network.

It will teleport the camera to a new city being worked on in the middle of the locked out part.

Any idea when 1.0 is coming out?

A long while still.

So poverty is actually illegal in the United Cities.

This NPC was starving so he was beaten up and jailed by the local police force for breaking the law.

Does anyone know?
When you start the game you get a choice between 1 or 5 members, does that choice also make any difference once you are in the game? I mean is the town npcs, recruitables and such all the same?

If you choose one guy it will take longer to start up a base. Recruitable characters vary according the town, with some unique characters randomly spawning in different places. Town NPCs and the behavior of the police will be different depending on the different factions.

tyvm, one last question.. Starting as either Noobies (easy) or Freedom Seekers (easy/hard).

One is 5 with nothing, the other is 5 with trade goods and 5k cats, why does the game consider that easy/hard? Are there any other differences in these two styles? I'm planning on starting a new run next session and I really appreciate any help on this.

The first start is just five dudes with swords, pants, and nothing else. Basically the same early game grind except with 5 dudes instead of 1. The second start is the same scenario, but with the means to build your own base right from the start. Also, one of your characters will be a competent fighter.

Started a new game, my portrait is still fucked up. What is going on?

I switched over to my other graphics hard and got it to work. wew.

Now when I try to make another character I can't type the name, if I hold onto 'z' it'll just spell 'Naked Dude' for me. Fucking hell man.

Got the name shit to work again, but the portrait is fucked.

Yep, found the problem. I was playing with the 'better greenlander' mod which let me pick my eye colour. If I switched back to normal greenlander race it'll be normal.

I'm so damn smart :^)

So I've been messing around with the FCS, trying to figure out how the game works a bit at a time.

How difficult it would be to add more armors in the game, specifically for legs and feet. Don't really have much of a variety right now.
Also, does the material type factor in damage reduction calculation?
How do those formulas work anyway?

I know quality actually factors into raw damage for weapons but what about armor? Does the quality affect them too?

thank you, but I don't understand how that can be any harder than the "nobodies" group. except maybe holding a settlement early will be hard?

dude if your going to play with a mod that alters graphics AND complain that your graphics are not working AND not tell us your using a mod…please kill yourself.

It never occurred to me that such a minor mod would screw with the graphics so much. I kinda pieced it together after experimenting a bit, though.

Very impressed with the amount of progress the dev has made since I last checked. This should be pretty cool when I give it a try in 5-10 years.

he has money now and has hired six guys release is this year niggga

actually you missed a really really vital point – that sword dude has a 20k bounty on him. well– i figured that out after running around for an hour with a crew but it's all good i got to explorea new area. i'm going to restart with 5 noobies nobodies.

Just took down the Bugmaster. Not sure how everyone else had such an easy time.
His melee attack and defense was nearly fucking 100.
My guys could barely even hit the faggot, the martial artist in my squad finally scored a flying knee to his head and took him down.
Despite having specialist/masterwork for armor, all of them got really fucked up and I know the walk out of the crater will be a massive pain in the ass now.

I doubt it, there is a lot of unfinished shit. Whole map still needs to be balanced, more gear, weather effects, I think spiders are going to have poison, towns and villages need to be fleshed out, whole regions have nothing in them and more.
Also saw talk of adding another race.

Still a lot to be done, but having fun with what it is so far.

Have you tried the guy with a dog start? Apparently you're supposed to start with a mountain dog pup.
Those grow up to be larger, faster, more powerful bonedogs overall and that start is the only way you can get one without modding.

steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/2/133261907145702720/

And yes, you could hypothetically add more armors if you were willing to model and texture them.

Is this game still performance heavy? Last time i played this game i got somewhere around 15 fps.

I'm playing the 5 nobodies start but I'm fucking annoyed that I cannot find the same people I recruited last game to add to my group. I recruited 2 people in a bar in Bad Teeth and they are not there this game. I want to get my squad to like 8 or 10.

I should mention they were both level 1 females for 3k cats, I'm not sure how that or anything else works in this game, I haven't found any of those this game.

I can get 30-60 fps usually, but my computer is pretty strong.

Both unique and generic recruit locations are randomized in every new game.

Ah well, couldn't hurt to give it another shot, is the magnet you posted earlier the newest version, 0.95.27?

I think its 0.95.27, but I'm not sure.

Do they change over time as well? For example if I don't recruit someone will they leave or if I got back later is there a chance someone new will arrive?

95 is on Kat and TPB for sure.

I think that once someone spawns somewhere as a recruit, they will probably stay there.

Somebody post the map again

in this game the guy from the free guy from the hub has vanished. (from what i heard he should always be there but i did not recruit him or talk to him the first time i saw him now he is just gone)

(checked)
Ah well, i'll just grab one off igg.

thankfully they are randomized again if you re-import your game, and luckily the hub had 2 recruits just like that. i spent hours looking around holy lands for ppl.

How does the shop stand works? people will buy from it automatcally if it is on a city? you have to guard it from theives?

If you click shift-f12 you can see all road networks.
If you build a base near a road network traders will stop by and auto buy trade goods.

They rarely stop by to trade if you are off the beaten path.
Also keep guards in shop niggas WILL try to steal from you, same with Ninjas.

could it be that the reazon i get no costumers is because i am in the border zone? the closer thing to a merchant are slave traders that pass form time to time

Yeah that's exactly the reason, I have traders that are traveling to worlds end and holy nation provinces so they stop by to trade with me on the route there.

dam, i built too many stuff to relocate, Where i can buy pack animals to hoard stuff for a migration?

holy nation farms have them

Uniques usually have a two or three locations they spawn at. There are a couple who always have the same location.

That crazy guy should always be there, unless he somehow died.
It's possible a bandit patrol could have walked into The Hub and killed him.

This is weird, I can't see item/building that I want to place, it's just invisible. I turned off all mods relating to building, so I think I should just verify my cache or something…

Is it possible to be a one man army serf slaying autist?

Yes, I was thinking of doing that but then I got the idea of having a small gang of elite soldiers to go around and purge the Narko heathens.

Turned off every mod and verified integrity of game cache, shit's not working.

Is being a one man army still possible though? Also where do you get mods? Nexus seems to be quite empty and any Steam workshop downloading method doesn't seem to work.

It's possible, especially with unarmed. Eventually you'll be able to instantly kill people from full health through the damage bonuses from strength, toughness, and the unarmed skill itself.

Yeah, pretty sure it's possible as long as you're stronger than your opponents. I just get my mods from Steam Workshop, you just subscribe to download the mods.

I thought they recently nerfed martial artists at the high levels.

They only fixed a bug causing damage to scale too rapidly, as far as I know.

I bought this game before it even hit steam and it's still not fucking done? Jesus Christ.

Oh shit nigga, it's time for fucking Hokuto no Ken. What about normal weapons though?

I don't have Kenshi on Steam fam, i can't download mods from Steam.

someone pls halp

It happens. Not saying I'm happy about it either, but it happens.

It should be the same, just with you using a good weapon with high weapon skill instead of your mighty, thoroughly-trained fists.

Don't have any advice, sorry. The only times that happens to me, I can fix it by exiting and re-entering the build menu. But I'm sure you've tried that.

Ah well, thanks anyway. I'll just continue playing on this save and hope it gets fixed somehow, I posted the issue on the bug section in the steam discussions.

Did you edit any of the main game files with the FCS?
Is it just on one save? Have you tried importing?

Didn't touch the game files, I tried importing already so I don't think it'll work if I create another game. I had the issue on another save too.

Well since you're on steam, back up your save files and try a fresh installation.

post some bases.. lol

ps- first base ever, and only thing i can say was building on a hill to try to avoid shit is useless and makes your building area suck. i'm sure i'll have to relocote eventually due to lack of floor space.

I made a plantation once. It was pretty fun.

May as well, doubt it's gonna help.

that looks comfy, why the fuck did i build on a hill.

computers are stranger critters. i have had a game just shit itself and no longer work rarely especially if i've installed any mods. usually a reboot, delete and reinstall (also delete any config files ffs), i think once I even did a computer restore to fix a game. .. don't give up.

After spending some time with FCS, think I have a basic understanding of how the game works now on the backend. Starting to work on some leg and feet armor proof of concepts.

At the same time, trying to figure out if its possible to mod in reverse engineering. Haven't seen any mods like that yet but saw the idea tossed around a lot.

There are a number of weapons or armor that have blueprints but no traders or loot drops set to them, a few more don't even have blueprints. Some of that has to do with the map only being 2/5 open, other is exclusive gear to a faction like holy plate.
So the idea I'm playing with is you can reverse engineer the item on the research bench, higher quality items have a greater chance for gaining the blueprint and a chance of destroying the item on failure. Not sure yet how I will balance it or what skills exactly it will depend on.

If that doesn't fix it, could try updating drivers.
What are you running on anyway?

There really needs to be some kind of foundation to place on uneven terrain, building on even tiny hills makes everything lopsided as fuck.
Many buildings are supposed to sit level since they have high foundations but that doesn't happen most of the time, fucking annoying.

Man this game has a lot of goofy ways of doing things.

You know I'm starting to think the second weapon is just a bad idea, unless it is the same class as your primary your just going to be losing a fuck-ton of skill directly, isn't that better than the negatives of using a large weapon indoors?

Also, wtf is really the difference between weapon types, does it fucking matter if I use a katana or cleaver if I have the skill?

1) well, i think the obvious choice would to be to check vs armor or weaponsmithing.
2) yes, it's fucked my base looks like shit. haha.

If your right arm becomes broken, you'll only be able to use weapons that'll fit in the backup weapon slot. You might also only be able to use one-handed (second slot) weapons while carrying someone, but it's been a while since the last time I didn't just punch everything to death so I'm not sure about that.

Katanas can staggerlock, I think.
Sabres are good all-rounders.
Hackers are the 'fuck robots' weapon type.
Heavy weapon animations and long reach make sure they're pretty much always hitting multiple enemies.
Blunt is for capturing live training dummies.
Polearms are the 'fuck animals' weapon type.
It also seems like when hivers gangrape gorillos with them, they get more attacks in than they otherwise would have, but that might just be my imagination. It'd make sense, though.

Does traders buy from your shop counters if they are located in cities? i am the guy who couldnt get costumers ( ) because i had my base at the border zone, if i buy a building in Stack and put a shop counter there, will merchants buy my goods?

They should do that, yeah.

After doing some digging on the forums and in the FCS, there are a few ways to go about modding in reverse engineering right now but the editor is barebones as fuck, most functions seem to be hardcoded in and use things like gamedata.base and the mod files to to really just tweak the actions and shit.

The easiest way so far is with the research bench, would have to create a specific job for each item. Think I can make a new category just for the weapons.
Most likely for balance, would have to make the requirements for unlocking be multiple pieces of the same gear with a high research time. Could also make it dependent on overall tech level and what other research is unlocked but it would be limited to checking only one character stat like Science and I can't seem to add more stats to check simultaneously, really disappointing.

Another possibility just recently thought of is to create a custom bench, and having consume the weapons with maybe another material like books to create a blueprint.
Haven't investigated this option yet, not sure how the game generates the input inventory slots.

Another option is using dialogue packages, pretty sure I can make the things based on chance.
Not sure if there is an option to consume an item yet.

Now I can see why no one has really made this specific kind of mod in detail yet, they mostly just cop out and spam blueprints. FCS Is lacking.
In comparison, just adding new weapons and armor is really fucking straight forward.

Not all hackers are only for robots.
Flesh cleavers has a +20% vs humanoid modifier but slightly lower overall stats compared to other hackers, still works out for a pretty good weapon.

Did a fresh install, the issue still persists. There's some kind of fuckery afoot.

Seems I have to go find some ancient science books and engineering research books to advance meh tech.

how,what,where are they?

Go loot ruined libraries and labs to find ancient technologies and stuff.

How do you switch weapon? Since you get two weapon slot, unless the bigger weapon slot is just for you to put on bigger weapons.

Secondary weapon won't be used unless you have a broken arm or are indoors. Its like a sidearm.

Might be something wrong with your hardware then.
Have you updated drivers yet?

Labs will have engineering research but also robot spider guards, there are two variants, both will probably be difficult for a new party to handle.
You might also encounter a broken skeleton around those ruins and those have 50 in stats across the board, but that is pretty rare unless you're in the floodlands.

see

You will almost always use the primary unless like user says, arm broken. Made the mistake when I first started playing with not having a backup weapon and died to bonedogs when they broke an arm.

Also if your primary weapon has an indoor penalty, will automatically switch to the smaller secondary if equipped.

As of switching manually, the only way is to remove the primary, like putting it in your backpack.

reminds me of like my first attempt at this game. i found a locker fall of weapons at one of the holy farms 3-4 refitted blades on like my second day. every time i've checked holy farms since that point and i find nothing but cups and jugs.

the random towns are really random. no fucking backpack shops or something sucks.

Oh thanks, what about putting 2 weapons on the first weapon slot? Does it do nothing?

So town are actually random, that's new. I wonder what if i use corpses to store my shit, essentially becoming my backpack.

It is just proper etiquette to post the magnet link when you're talking about a game.

any idea why when you have something like a katana in weapon 1, it will add another weapon in the same weapon 1 slot if you loot? (besides the fact that katanas are a two-handed weapon in rl) i haven't figured it out. Are katanas supposed to be side-arms?

lol, we have the same question.

yeah towns are super fucking random. shops seem to be rolled. one time you can see a town with 5 bars and a lack of other types of shops, the next time it will have everything but in different locations in the city. also, one game you can find litterally a million recruits, every bar will have a ton, and some games you can't find shit. i've reimported my game a few times just to check it all out, at first being so unexcepted not being able to find shops was freaking me out.

How do i feed myself and my bull? I have a bread in my bag.

That's really interesting, randomized town and all, i thought they're static and all.

You'll automatically eat once your hunger goes below 250. Should be the same for your bull if it even needs to eat, I think animals might have hunger disabled.
If the bread is in your bull's bag, it might take a bit, I think it waits longer before taking food from squadmates' bags.

someone said dogs don't eat so i assume same is true with bulls and yeah, humanoids eat when they are hungry, personally i would rather train squad mates strength up and everything else. (i'm assuming dogs and bulls don't become better fighters lol)

best thing i ever did was turn down the hunger rate, some people disabled it with mods, but i think if you slow it down a bit it makes playing with larger squads not so dam.. wage-slave-ish.

Updated my drivers, not gonna bother to fix it anymore. Thanks anyway.

Animals don't eat from your inventory, they probably eat grass or something so they don't need a hunger bar. Animals gain strength the more they fight, just like humans do.

Put the hunger rate back to normal, wagecuckery is vital to experience the full game, you'll be able to create food that lasts a lot longer after a while.

Oh yeah how do i tie up niggers that i kidnapped/fell unconscious? Also what can i do to them? Also why the fuck doesn't the stealth kill button do anything when pressed?

*pokes her snout into the thread* *thinks about asking whether this game is multiplayer* *takes a deep breath* huhhhh!!!! (inhaling) *starting to speak* Is this game multiplayer?

"No."

Leave.

calm down its a joke, retard.

Hang yourself.

Why do you have to be born with assburgers for?

Started with the basic start - one guy, 1000 cats, shitty weapon. Game dropped me in the Holy Empire. Lots of struggle early on, earned enough money for a handful of people through autistic copper mining outside of Stack.

When I started the base, I didn't have any specific goal or industry in mind, just vague notions of survival and independence. It was hard going for a while due to bandits constantly disrupting work, and it took some time just to get a basic food industry up next to the storm house. For a while, my only real export was raw copper, and that money all went into science books and the occasional new recruit.

I focused hard on stone mining and building materials. Once the walls were done, bandits became much less of an issue - crossbows are fucking ridiculous once you have a door that can hold enemies at bay for a bit. After that, I did more internal expansion and focused on rum production while I threw workers at the iron mines and started a smith. With a steady supply of materials, he ended up being the key to the colony thriving his skill rating is now 75 and he - consistently churns out Catun no. 1 grade katanas, naginatas, and nodachis. I made bank from exporting them to The Hub, the nearby hive villages, and Squin. With decent weapons, I made half the colony into a fightan squad and made the other half keep the town running. I've been fighting bandits with the squad, trying to get everyone's combat skills leveled up, but it's slow going. I need to get to some ruins or libraries so I can take advantage of my smith's skills and get even better weapons, but my squad struggles with even escaped servants if they're outnumbered, so I'm dubious about my ability to take on whatever is inside the ruins.

yamero

Also, lack of soft material is becoming an issue. I can't make plate armor or chainmail yet, and I've had to buy medium armors just to keep the fighters halfway protected.

I may make another trade run soon, I've probably got 60k in katanas stockpiled. I should be able to get some low-skilled drifters and a bull, and build a small walled-off plantation directly in Holy Nation land. That'll give me cotton, and with luck, some leather from any animals that want my crops. Then I can get an autistic armoring operation going like I did with the weaponsmith. Doubtless that will go a long ways in keeping my squad in one piece.

Christ, here we go again…

What a shocker.

Battles like this where I know I'm going to lose, I like to set everyone to just block. They stay alive longer, which means more XP gained for melee defense.

Fish is dying. Horseweed, of course, just HAS to get up instead of playing dead. Hopefully someone will wake up soon enough to get Fish stabilized, I'm going to be pissed if I lose him. I actually haven't had a single death in the colony yet, I want to keep it that way as long as possible.

Also, it's obvious now, but it kinda blew me away the first night that I actually looked up at the sky, saw the multiple moons, and realized that this isn't earth.

Gotta try this on dogs/bulls when i get the chance, also someone answer my question pls

You can't tie them up but when you research imprisonment you can put them in iron cages.

What a meme.

What a fucking waste.

I just sat inside tanning leather until the bounty expired.

boo

(checked)
10/10, how do i get the bounty to expire when i have 72k though?

what the fuck nigger

Turn yourself in. Over 10k, it's not going away.

Autism, my bad.

You can always just pick them up and carry them around. I also think there is a mod that lets you enslave people, but its super outdated.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761102741&searchtext=enslave

I'm currently working on my own thing, but some aspiring modder could probably download this and reverse engineer it so it works on the current version. Guy seems to have abandoned it anyway so its fair game.

There is a mod for crafting shackles for humanoids if you can't find any to loot ingame.
All shackles have the modifiers 0.8 for athletics, 0.6 for stealth and -15 to melee attack and defense.
You would think they should also have negative modifiers for martial arts and dodge but no.
Don't really remember what happens when you put shackles on a downed NPC.

If you capture someone can actually take them to the far southeast Slave Markets and sell them, but I don't think they pay well.

I usually just use my prisoners for live combat training, broken skeletons are probably the best for it since they are difficult to outright kill and heal quickly if you have a stash of repair kits.

Is your current base in an area that can grow hemp?

ehh. i prefer mods be made when 1.0 gets out, so it has a higher chance of being complete and working

Well fuck.

I guess i'll try freeing some slave if i ever come across one and see if i can get a shackle so i can try shackling a downed NPC, not going to fucking walk back to rebirth though.

Nigga you need to research how to make Mk1-3 weapons and edge weapons.

They can sell for 20k+

When they get up instead of playing dead they get a large amount of toughness exp.

Armor really is only good for stopping stuns, toughness has higher damage mitigation.

Everyone who would like to see what a maxed out character is like, should try the OP start.
You can kill fucking armies, walk right into the holynation and fuck everything up.

Don't know, I haven't researched it yet. It's completely arid. Won't I need a decent supply of leather, though, in order to make armor?

That's my goal, but I need ancient science books. I don't want to risk my entire fighter squad in a raid, so I've got to get them trained up, which has been taking a while. Meanwhile, I'm producing iron at about the same rate that I'm using it, so it's free money and XP with little effort.

Gud to know, thanks. Everyone has been beaten enough over the course of getting the settlement started that average toughness is about 20.

If you are anywhere north on the map you can just go to a ancient lab or library and get at least 6.
Usually at most there are a few mechanical spiders, but they are really not that tough.

I just got my first weaponsmith and armorsmith up to 50+. Weaponsmith is fairly easy just make a supply chain of ore, metal plates, and 24/7 a dedicated smith.
While ever so slightly more complicated armorsmith so far has not been hard, a lot of decent armor is made from fabic (2 cotton farms, plus fabric is super cheap to pick up when your out of your base) I always buy up leather to as it's like 70c. As of yet I just made my guys a whole set of gear in cotton and leather and it was like 2 fabric and 1 leather for a jacket/shirt etc. River raptors are a great easy source for leather too.

Some of the best armor to get is

On why you want drifter boots is that heavy armor shoes will decrease your stats immensely.

Also you do not want every unit to have heavy armor.
In my experience, I give heavy armor to guys with light to medium weapons, so nothing stops their chain attacks.
Then with heavy weapons I armor up the legs, with samurai armor, give the head metal hood if no police helmets, and the plated jackets.

Also my base so far.
Have a few mods going, some I would recommend would be faction caravans for more trade and fun.
And recruit prisoners, I've been recruiting largely from cannibals and plan to use them to raid the Holy Nation.

Also 256 unit limit mods is also recommended so you can make multiple bases and defend them.

Fuck forgot image

I've noticed katana has like six types. Especially large Nodachi, Katana, Wakazuki, Nagnata (sorry for spelling) – I haven't found such variety in other weapon types– is this class of weapon OP?

My point is this. If you are skilled in Katana and always use Katana you have a huge advantage to a guy who uses cleavers but has to switch to a smaller weapon like a wakazuki for a side weapon because lack of skill. That is why Katana class is looking so op.

I see your point, but consider the fact that cleavers and such do far greater damage than most katanas. Its just as likely that a skilled cleaver or heavy weapon user could kill the enemy in a few or even a single blow(s), before the enemy even has a chance to maim him.

If you can't find any police helmets, iron hats are pretty good and the blueprint shouldn't be too difficult to find.
Don't really like sneaky chain pants, sure the lower stun is good but the overall protection kind of sucks compared to any other leg armor.
Samurai set probably has the best chest armor, tied with holy plate of the same grade but the other pieces have too many negative modifiers for my taste. The worst is leg armor, huge negative modifier for athletics

Plated longboots negative modifiers aren't so bad, good to use them on taunting characters over drifter's boots.
If I can find it, higher grades of holy plate are really great for keeping your taunting characters standing, downside is they just might get broken arms faster but at least they will probably have good enough legs to run away.

That is a comfy looking outpost.

You forgot toppers, probably the best overall. They have lower stats compared to other katana of similar grade but no negative modifiers.
The problem with katanas is that they have no blunt damage except for toppers, not very good for fighting heavy armor enemies.

Flesh cleavers are the best out of the class but really short.
Hackers are great weapons for fighting enemies of any armor type if you can overcome the short length of half the class.

Its just a varied weapon.
It would be OP if it was a single weapon with the benefits of all of them.

Update on my base.
I added a mod that reworked cannibals and since I'm in the cannibal planes I was almost instantly attacked by a 100-200 sized army of cannibals.

Luckily a few days before I had the idea of putting crossbows on buildings for added defense in case the gate goes down.
I'm glad I did because the gate fucking melted from all the cannibals.
Harpoon gunners did work, while protected by the redundant wall I made and the workers on the crossbows saved the day.

Now I just have to put a few people on body clean up to get rid of all these corpses.
Its like I just sprayed pesticide on some red ants.

Katana is OP because it trains dex the fastest. No other weapons train dex as fast despite things like heavy weapons needing them. In essence, if you ever want to make a heavy weapon character you first need to use katanas on him until you get at least 50 dex or so.

Then there's things like staffs which dont train dex and dont train str so they're completely useless in every situation.

I think dexterity only has a minor effect, most of the attack and defense speed come from strength with heavy weapons.
Its also good to keep in mind the negative modifiers for combat speed some armors have if you want a character to be fast with heavy weapons.

how do i control chase?
it was annoying in the hills when i was basically being kited by dust bandits.
but just now i fucking chased a bonedog into a private house and got waxed.
i turn the button off and on and it does nothing that i can tell. wtf

Set to passive and that should work.

Should really keep an eye on what your squad is doing and try to avoid using the highest speed in combat.

For those who want to train armor smithing with the least amount of materials should look into chainmail.

Its time consuming, but cost efficient, provided you have the industry.

Also, I made a bar, for comfiness, and it turns out travelers will actually come and relax and tables and bars.

Agreed, I suppose need to lower speed in situations that need more control like city fighting, though to be honest just 1 dam dog haha. Live and learn I guess.

i can make electronics but not a table :(

are chainmail sheets required for chainmail? i can't yet make it but the wiki says no. also i found something like a cloth hat (Taglemust) a wonderful way to train armorsmith.

yes chainmail sheets are required for chainmail.
If you got cloth production, keep that up.
I avoid it because it usually requires quite a bit of cloth and that's always my bottleneck.

There's a small mod that allows interior decorations, I forget the name tho.

Nigging is fun.

Oh fuck i never thought of knocking out shopkeepers, all i've been doing is knocking out guards to loot their armors. I'll have to do this soon after i'm done building my autismal safehouse and smithery.

If the shopkeeper (and maybe the guards?) is unconscious, chance to steal goes to 100% for everything, so it's pretty useful for lowering RNG bullshit to just one knockout attempt.
If you want to practice assassination without getting a bounty, go piss off some swamp ninjas or red sabres in the swamps. Follow them while stealthed (also obviously good for training stealth), attempt to knock one out, and when they start chasing you, just duck into a pool of water until they leave. Easy to do with decent athletics, or with micro and a bit of luck.
Watch out for blood spiders!

why can't i build a wall ramp in v95? it says i'm too close to another building – only the wall is there i tried to build one in the middle of the desert and i still can't get a ramp on it.

never mind i found my answer on the change log

So, I'm always somewhat tempted to barricade myself in a town house and pelt people with rooftop crossbow bolts. Wonder if it'd work.

You guys are alright. Don't go to Blister Hill tomorrow.

New thread when?

New thread now

fug forgot link
8ch.net/v/res/12362363.html