RPG world where you fight all kinds of magical creatures every few seconds using your magical abilities

The duck billed platypus exists, and yet you don't believe in werewolves.

Not sure a fat hairy duck is on the same level as a man morphing into a wolf during a full moon.

ur retarted

If one weird thing exists, all the weird things must exist, right?

let me guess, next you're going to say that the world isn't flat

What do you think I am? A sphere queer? I steer clear of sphere queers.

Weird is only one common aspect of those two things and also kind of subjective. One is supernatural, the other isn't.

Does one supernatural entity prove the existence of every supernatural entity?

No, but in a world where there are creatures running around the landscape shooting fire and lightning and people can summon a creature from another dimension to fight for them and all other kinds of mystical fuckery, its dumb that someone would think a ghost or whatever is far fetched.

It would be slightly more acceptable if the characters hadn't seen anything like it at all previously but really what's happening is that the writers and the level / monster designers aren't communicating and nobody cares.

This is a major problem in FFX, where several characters are afraid of ghosts, but everything in the setting, including the people and all the monsters are made out of ghosts.

If no one's ever seen one. There's nothing particularly outlandish about bigfoot. We only don't believe because so few people have seen them

Depends. If I told you there was a marine creature that hides from predators by crawling up the arse of another marine creature, would you call that far-fetched?

Demons running around murderraping everything may be a relatively common occurrence, whereas the spirits of the dead probably end up in the afterlife proper 90% of all times.

I kinda do, but normal people don't.

YOU EAT BABIES

No. Bigfoot is very gentle.

BABIES

Found the degenerate bigfoot lover.

He's a good lad.

It's not a matter of if you've seen them before or how common but what you can deduce from your previous experiences.
A newly discovered ape that they call bigfoot, a fish that hides in the ass of another fish, neither of those things would be impossible, I'd believe it.

However if I lived in a world of faeries and shooting fire from my hand and big floating heads on fire etc. why be overly skeptical if someone told me there's a floating translated man appearing at night?
Also in the game the ghosts actually do exist making the character look twice as retarded

transparent not translated.
Fuck autocorrect to death.

BIGFOOT'S GAY!

>the truth is time travelling ghosts lol

…. Shadow of Destiny / Memories?

Why

I agree that its annoying how 99℅ of RPGs have a medieval fantasy setting but in a world where people can cast magic it might shape history differently as in kill the need / incentive to develop technology

Also in most JRPGs

Chrono Trigger is probably the only game that does this right

Or

Fug
is for

This is for

Because if ghosts isn't normal within the setting, it isn't normal for the characters within the setting.

That's like a wizard looking at our world and going "Well if they live in societies built by technology powered by lightning, why don't they believe in vampires?"

how? one is observable in this world yet the other will be rare and therefore mythical

because you're gullible.
if their's no evidence for it, then it's treated as none existent until their is evidence.
All other factors, natural or super are irrelevant.
Both concepts of faeries and ghosts are absurd to you, but to them only one is.

this is you. retard

this also

Bigfoot is a myth because all his sightings are without evidence. In a world where ghouls walk around, thinking ghosts wouldn't exist also is dumb; it's like believing there can't be a stand in a mirror when there is a stand that punches photos or one that betrays entropy or gravity laws.

There actually is a fish that takes shelter in the ass of sea cucumbers or some shit. There was a webm about it, but I didn't save it.

In setting where supernatural creatures exist, they are not supernatural, but normal.

Ergo, if people of this world have seen and know unicors, warewolves and dragons, odes that many that they have to believe in Mega-Ultra-Ur-Chicken?
Nay, I say.

Well if you lived in a world were wielding fire and dragons roaming is normal but have never seen a ghost you'd be skeptical.

what is wrong with these devs

Nothing?

Do you have an obsession with horses and horns?

Wow way to break my immersion

Well duh. Those magical things you fight every day are just normal things to you.
By that logic gnomes exist because dinosaurs and huge apes exist.

Maybe its a subtle message to say that the world itself is a scary place

It really activates my almonds and synthesizes my synapses