YouTube single handely destroyed any hope of new let's players getting popularity

YouTube single handely destroyed any hope of new let's players getting popularity
Is this the end of let's plays?

webm or fuck off.

Webm or fuck off.
But this is good news, nonetheless. Let's players are cancer.

Rule 9 faggot

Almost like they would have to start making them play video games as a hobby or something.

You didn't even have to webm it, the mp4 itself is under 12 mb. FER FOOKS SAKE OP!

Letsplayers have ruined so many internet communities that they can go fuck themselves for all I care

It's shitty, but what're you gonna do, eh? You're not gonna leave youtube. You, me, and everyone else, are going to continue using this shit because there's nowhere else to go. When another website gets popular, let me know. In the mean time, get used to the corporate cock in your ass and down your throat.

Good, now if only we could destroy the existing ones.

This. There isn't a single other video sharing website on the internet, so we can't use anything else

i for one, look forward to the return of the days i can browse for videos for ANY game that aren't a let's play

Good.
He can only hope.

Except that's wrong. All they're doing is preventing channels with less than 10,000 views from automatically getting adsense, and also making the process manual rather than automatic.

So basically, all you have to do is record videos of some popular game, put it up on youtube, and wait until you get the 10k views needed to apply, at which point you'll get approved more or less automatically unless you scream ALLAHU AKBAR every time you get a kill on CoD or something.

>There isn't a single other centralized video sharing website on the internet
Fixed.

Anyone here who believes this will happen is just gullible. The cancer is here to stay. Just be glad you aren't dealing with the whatever unholy abomination comes up within next 5 years.

so it's basically a copy of the twitch partnership program. if your channel is under 10,000 views, ad revenue wasn't really a viable source of income to begin with tbh.

nah you're just gonna being hearing a lot more about audible & crunchyroll and of course a shoutout to all of my backers on patreon.com/xxlet'smemexx420 make sure to subscribe for a chance to win my exclusive all new fnaf fisting video, available to 12 month platinum backers only THANK U!!!!11!!!

lets hope so

also, stop trying to shill your shitty videos here

This whole advertiser restriction doesn't just affect Let's Play channels. It affects anyone that Google believes is "controversial" or whatever the fuck. So, your Sargon of Akkads and Thunderfoots, or anyone that doesn't toe the "squeaky clean family friendly" line will likely get their revenue slashed.

Get ready for even more corporate funded, bland, inoffensive, garbage content shoved down your throat.

Nah, man, this is a method of control. It's a way of pushing out the "undesirables", the ones who make opinionated and controversial content.

trips of truth

neistat is an ugly midget that uploads "hey guys know know how cool it would be to jump in a helicopter after sliding down the world's largest slide well let's do that" videos. his content is stupid shit and he can't talk and looks horrendous, why is he the #1 youtube eceleb? Is it because he's a jew and it's all manipulated for him?

This doesn't kill LP channels, new or old. it just makes it take a bit longer before your channel can be monetized. If it were 10k on one video it'd be a lot harder, but this just means you can make for instance 50 videos with 200 views each which is not exactly hard to reach.

Considering how fucking hard he #shilledforHill I'd say it's a safe bet to make.

Funny you should mention Thunderfoot, maybe you should watch his video about this, harmful opinions also has a good one covering why this is suddenly an issue (spoiler guy patented a way of stopping adds being displayed on videos deemed bad PR then contacted the media making a bit deal out of some adds being placed on videos that are bad for PR

he was jewish

sargon can choke on a cock

None of which applies to fucking letsplayers. Youtube loves letsplayers because they pull in billions of views every month.

Strange that in the current year such a line involves promoting faggotry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒₒ……………………………

maybe once his channel collapses, he can finally go and finish making the game people paid him for :^)

what is this from?

Shit you could do like 1000 minute long videos and get 10 views a piece. You could get your friends and family to reach that threshold.
That's not even going to stop people from uploading redpilling stuff they just won't be able to monetize it. Google might not have thought this entire thing through.

Vid dot me.
The nightmare continues.

a very appropriately named movie

I certainly hope so.

They did, that shit is like catnip to users. anyone vaguely challenging the mainstream's bullshit.

???

He got bought by CNN for ~20 million dollars. Well, officially they bought his "app" but canned it and took him and his whole team on their payroll.

Fantastic news to start the Sunday

I Fucking hope. The sooner Jewtube crashes and burns the sooner good games stop being spoiled by retarded fanbases and lazy kikes stop getting undeserved money.

What's going to happen is that youtube will circle the wagons around its big guys, it will become more corrupt and all the money will go toward socjus faggots.

I swear you guys always fucking miss the forest for the tress, you'd cut off your own dicks if it means "TOTALLY SPITING THAT GUY I NEVER KNOW BUT BOY DOES HE MAKE ME MAD"

This is not a good thing for anyone except who already in the inner circle and corrupt as fuck you stupid fucking assholes.

Are you a commie?

While I do agree I don't really think Google will benefit all this much from it. What they've basically done is force the advertisers to do all the grunt work, so each time a video gets flagged it's up to them to determine if they're gonna cut that content creator off.

And I guarantee you that the leftists will manage to piss off even more people. They've already sent PDP dangerously close to the precipice, and his 50 million users along with him, I'm sure they're so arrogant and deluded they think they're gonna be able to keep doing it without backlash.

They cancelled pewdiepie's show and cut his adrev first.
And he's literally the biggest on the website.

Youtube is dying and the only choice that Google has is fund the greater money makers only. You can cut the large majority of money for small youtubers and cut a small amount of money for large youtubers. Either way the the large youtubers who rely on youtube to live will be forced to take anything youtube gives them and the smaller ones can all fuck off.

Like PDP gives a shit. He's on record saying he's got enough money to live the rest of his life without lifting a finger.

All they've done is give him a reason to be angry at them, and since he's off their teat he can say whatever the fuck he wants. Hell, he could start his own site and just upload videos there and make money that way.

OH NO!!!!=
How could i have been so blind!!!11 Thank g-d you were here to open my eyes user !!!
I'm gona rate,comment ,subscribe , donate to patreon ,follow on twitter and turn off that pesky adblock for all the official Holla Forums® approved gayming youtube content creators ; we must support our community

Better go after bankers if you truly want that. There are no lazier kikes than the loan sharks who operate legally and control national and global politics thanks to a scheme which made nations become slaves to their whims through debt-slavery. The very few who aren't under the boot are threatened with war weekly.

Shit, I could pass that (if I wasn't already monetized). I don't even make videos. All I did was edit together a meme for Holla Forums years ago and that gave me 10k+ views, and that's with it being link-only. Part of that could've been some faggot adding it to a KYM page though…

Stop shilling your shitty channel faggot.

Who? the guys who insert themselves in a corner of your screen and talk annoyingly? Destroyed? How is that a bad thing? Fuck them and fuck google, naturally.

For got to mention the (1) and done op.

Maybe instead of noticing the lazy kikes, maybe we should be giving the people that actually make effort the spotlight.

The only way to be popular is to be the first on a new platform. That's why there's no point in starting streaming shit on jewtube or twitch in this [current year].

I still remember text-and-screenshot-only let's plays posted at various forums. Who cares.

Raising the bar to start getting paid inherently discourages content aimed at any fringe audience without the PR shitstorm of actively censoring opinions. It also keeps more money in Google's pockets. Anyway, it's not like anyone is going to move to an alternative site, because the viewers are locked into Youtube. It's just like Steam, Facebook, or what have you. Any site that lets users build a network of "friends" has those users hook, line, and sinker until the friends stop using it. It's like a cult.

Which is why all the popular LPers are SA Goons, amirite?

Google probably wants to strangle Youtube anyway because they haven't been turning a profit at any time and aren't that good as a datamining tool.

You're acting like google wouldn't have done this eventually from corporate greed and hubris in any other set of circumstances.

Don't be so melodramatic. Youtubers with under 10k views are likely going to be earning as little as $5 a month even if they put out a video or two every day.

You're a complete idiot.

You'd think people would at least watch the source before commenting on it.

Here
Spoiler It's fucking nothing.

Time to dust of your shitty degree and get a job.

There is vid.me. You don't have to stop using youtube completely, but by giving other sites exposure, you're enabling them to grow and potentially become a rival to youtube. Start using other websites alongside youtube, and eventually we should have at least some kind of rivalry going on between them.

Implying we need even more of them faggusaurs

I believe Vee put it the most succinctly, in that quality content requires time for proper research, and production (materials, props, lighting, sound baffles). Time is money. If you work a full time job, you're not going to have all of the time and money to produce excellent stuff for very long. If Merchantube itself is paying you with ad revenue, and the better your videos are, the more views you get, and thus, more money, you can reinvest that into better cameras and other equipment, items to discuss themselves, and all that.

I get about 150 views a day across all of my videos, in which neither my face or my voice appear. I don't have an adsense account because OH BOY, NINE BUCKS A MONTH would sure make a lot of difference. I don't have time to say, make a video of me driving to an arcade somewhere, and stomping someone's ass in a game, then posting my 1337 stratz so all the n00bz can step up. Is that what you kids say these days? I also don't have the money to justify buying a dedicated digital video camera and a lighting rig, or building a set in my empty basement.

If I made as much money as I do now, without having to work a day job that is killing me, sure.

This doesn't prevent new LPers from getting popularity at all, this is just the old YouTube partnership program. You know, the FIRST partnership program before they threw their hands up, yelled "THIS IS TOO MUCH WORK FOR A TEAM OF HUMAN BEINGS" and made it automatic. This is signs of a GOOD thing, not a BAD thing.

The only thing I don't like is that stipulation of "playing by the rules," because the rules are arbitrary and much different today than they were back in 2008. I'm sure that PewdiePie back in 2008 would have found, even with 10 million views, it impossible to get approved today. But it sounds to me like this is the first step in a new partnership program system where old channels could see removal of their status based on draconian archaic guidelines.

This type of thing shouldn't have even been possible, though. No one reads the Wallstreet Journal, why did ANYONE ever at ALL listen to them in the first place? When they tried the witch hunt on Sargon, everyone was like "whatever, it's nothing." They do it to PewdiePie and somehow people go "WAIT, MAYBE THIS IS SOMETHING!" and then they even further go and attack YouTube itself, and no one, not a single fucking executive of any of these companies had the forethought to think "this is all bullshit, we should just ignore this."

Is this to stop another Pewdiepie/Jontron

This is obviously targeted at alternative news outlets and not at lets players about whom youtube doesn't give a crap about. This is meant to stamp out and wrongthink channels as they are created and not allow them to gain any traction.

don't they spread by being mentioned on halfchan and reddit

Nothing of value was lost

This pretty much sums up what youtube is right now. Just another cash grab for people to gain a profit off of. It has nothing to do with the real content and more to do with how much clicks they can get.
If anything basing content around adrevenue is more cencorship then not having it, as it creates a mentality that values attention over information, this creates an overflow of content that is lacking in every aspect. If there was to be a video with actual subtense it would just be drowned out by the overflowing amount of crap.

Alternative news isn't using the partnership program for their revenue anyway. The Rebel, Info Wars, et al. They all have Patreons and donation pages for that shit, you have to sign up to watch their content.

The Wallstreet Journal's days are numbered, they don't have enough views to keep their shit afloat, turns out when your big demographic is people in their 70s, 80s and 90s, your viewership steadily declines because people die of old age.

poor murdoch murdoch

Bullshit.
They will start like any other youtuber. The will do it as a hobby and transform it into paid job later.

Linus disclosed once that ad-sense allows them to hire one person. Rest of company is run on other sources and this is quite large company. Yt cutting on ad-sense will lower how much money people will make and not in significant amount.

No there will be still hobbyist who like to output vids on internet. Later they will earn money through patreon.
As long as they can output vid and viewers will have easy access to them these channels will grow and survive.

The one he refunded the money for, the one that was almost entirely funded by his parents?

So let me get this straight: people on youtube are losing out on maybe $20 worth of views, and youtube has found a better way to enforce their guidelines, but hasn't actually changed those guidelines at all. Why is this news?

This is good news simply because it's the beginning of the end for youtube. The whole reason ads appeared in the first place was Google desperately trying to make the site profitable; now with the combination of the advertisers pulling content, these wonky new rules, and the near-universal use of Adblock, content providers are more likely than ever to avoid youtube's ad system entirely in favour of just setting up a Patreon or whatever - something that cuts youtube out of the profit entirely.
As the censorship continues and more and more popular channels move to other sites, hopefully this will continue. It doesn't HAVE to be one video site that becomes the "youtube killer" - indeed, it's better if it doesn't. Ideally, we'll end up with the internet changing back to its natural state, with a bunch of different, separate sites that aren't all part of the same massive octopus. Here's hoping anyway.

i want markiplier to beat me up until im bruised bloodied and broken and then tell me in his low baritone voice im disgusting and helpless then spits on me

it has remained impossible for new LPers to get popular, the time for that was years ago when the popularity algorithm could be gamed to make anyone the top
search result, but now the algorithm only promotes already popular users, the more popular the more promoted you get
this has how it's worked for years, the new monetization shit it mainly just someone getting butthurt about the filthy anti-semites and getting sponsors to pull
their ads, so now anyone non-pc gets their funding axed, conform or go broke goyim!
it's bullshit, but youtube has been impossible to game for so long it's essentially worthless to anyone who wasn't already popular for being a screaming ROFL SO
RANDUM cartoon character to thousands of children

I dunno, maybe I'm not full faggot after all.

This is because the current system that youtube works on ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES clickbait. There is absolutely no way to search for videos, or see at a glance in a list of videos, the thumbs-up/thumbs-down score. The only way to see what the score on a video is, is to click the link to the video.

But you CAN search by, and always see, the video's viewcount. Because of this, whether consciously or subconsciously, the primary method people will use to choose which of the bazillions of videos to watch is via the viewcount. Given a choice between two nearly-identical videos, one with a viewcount of a million and one with only a few thousand, you're going to pick the one with more views. Most people search for things sorting by viewcount in the first place. But the thing is, if the video is utter fucking shit, or is blatant clickbait, you have NO WAY OF KNOWING! The only way to find out is to see the score, or read the comments telling you the video is clickbait, and by the time you do that, you have already contributed to the viewcount.

It's a horrible system, and so easily fixed that I can only assume that youtube doesn't want to fix it. Clickbait makes nobody happy, but it's still profitable. It's entertainment snake oil.

m8 you're like 2 years behind the curve, because complaining about The Youtube Community is some hot shit right now

Aaaaand into the trash it goes.
And no, I'm not going to shovel a bunch of numbers into my name like a 12 year old minecrafter.