Anybody know how to fix these off-brand ps2 memory cards?

anybody know how to fix these off-brand ps2 memory cards?

by not buying them

What's the issue?

According to PCSX2 docs on virtual memory cards, the problem isn't (just) the card, but the fact that most of the games simply weren't programed with the expectation that they'd need to handle triple digit MBs remaining.

WOW 128 MB ON A CARD HOW DID THEY DO THAT, THAT'S AMAZING
t. 8 year old me

Open it up
Resolder
Get a memory card tester

dont buy 128 ones
or only use it as a secondary to hold unused game data and get a smaller one to play with normally

you can also find a way to run FreeMCBoot on your PS2 and use a USB stick to store unused game files.

you don't. simple as that.

this is still a really bad emulator

freemcboot is the homebrew of ps2 right?
So can I put games on the usb
while also playing games on disc while using the usb as a memory card?

Loading games from the USB on PS2 is a bad idea, is USB 1.0, very slow, cutscenes stutter, better use an HDD (if you have fat) or load them from the PC via ethernet connection.

why would a HDD make a difference compared to usb? I assume both go to the USB 1.0.
wat

hdd spins fast, usb doesn't spin.
hope that clears up the confusion you have.

It's the best PS2 emulator out there. :^)

That money is gone user, it's never coming back. Next time you see a deal "too good to be true" you will know it actually is.

This, transfer rate matters, HDD is faster than USB.

im aware. but no matter how fast if they're both getting bottle-necked by the port then what difference does it make?

nah it worked for like 4 years. unboxed it recently and it wasn't working. I've got memory on it so I wanted to fix it.

Ethernet is still faster than USB 1.0, HDD is literally connected to the console for fat models, USB uses a port as you said, the Ethernet method is like reading from broadband internet connection at top speed, HDD is nearly instant.

FYI FMCB exploit does not work on unofficial sony memory cards.

That too, FMCB needs to run from an official memory card.

I guess I must not be picturing what your talking about then.
like this?

Pretty much.

oh, that slim with a converted mod would be nice too.

yeah
you need to get an ethernet adapter though, they range between 10 and 20 dollars

cool slim

I didn't get your question back then, an external HDD connected to the USB port will go as slow as any USB stick, that's the thing, as we clarified above, the other ports are faster.