So is there a definitive translated version to the first Persona?

So is there a definitive translated version to the first Persona?

The PSX official one has some weird-ass localization and the PSP one has gay music and isn't optional like persona2.

Also, SMT + P1 and P2 general, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MegaTen/wiki/fan_translated_works#wiki_other
mega.nz/#!bQNyzZYL!OHXis3SXr-Rj3aknOGyoUSjkG03Pu97u7KIPJs-l4_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless self-bamp.

From what it sounds like, there was an attempt at trying to make a music patch, but issues with it leave a good bit to be desired and even the patch creator wasn't satisfied.

What a shame.

Is the PSP localization at least acceptable?

There's not a whole lot in it to fuck up.

It's acceptable but the music, holy shit. I hated that J-pop shit in P3 and I hate it even more here since it ruins the atmosphere. It would be great if someone could insert the PSP translation into the PS1 version.

other than the music its acceptable

pic.

This. I guess I'll just keep waiting.

You know, instead of waiting you could at least try to do that.

Nigga looks better.
I would never play anything with creature pictured on the left side of your image.

cuck

Honestly, couldn't care. The music in the new P1 is just so terrible, I rather have Black Mark and the original music rather than put up with the new music.

Yes, the PSP version also at least kept the game whole instead of locking an entire other route like the PS1 version.

There wasn't just an attempt. there is a patch that replaces existing music with PS1 music. But as this user already said 2/3rds of music isn't included.
Mega link to the patch: #!HJEXHJqC!ky5Ra5W8n5zJr12JMDWWHuH1w0zFpwnbZvCCTymzMAI

P1 story is literally non existent and the game itself is meh, its only liked by retarded hipsters because it have no waifus

Also, the final boss is a broken piece of shit

it really chafes my chode that the boss theme in the remake couldn't be something more like this.

Kinda of on topic:
What's the best way to play Soul Hackers? Play the original Saturn version or get the 3DS version?

Git gud

1. Black mark is fucking better and you're the real nigger if you think otherwise.
2. that was changed back in the PSP version so it's a non issue there.

PSP version has ass tier music where it's some woman yelling on her period or something for half the soundtrack.
PS1 Version has localisation and is missing half the fucking game if it makes you feel better you get the better half the game

3DS.
Overall fixes to the game.
Map always readily available on the lower screen instead of 2 menus away.
Cleaned the textures and frame rate Satern hated legit 3D shit so it actually could chug and the textures themselves looked fuzzy even upscaled because of how the system looked at them
Extra 6 small puzzle dungeons after you beat the game which are alright.
It's also got a lot of casual friendly shit to it for those who wouldn't have expect certain things considering it's exclusive to this sub series (Having Chaos and Law demons in the same party being a not allowed for example)
Added demons via the crappy street pass gimmick, not going to lie I used it because it gives you the sickest demon endgame It's Lucifrost as well as added demon redesigns since soul hackers that got SJ sprites in the game with their own movesets.
Just hands down the better version, just remember to turn voice acting off.

Actually real talk, Soul hackers 3ds's short coming is the redone portraits.
New portaits look to generic anime in comparison to the originals which have their own style and unique expressions to them.

The problem is that it looks like fucking Persona 2 instead of Soul Hackers.

Never seen the portraits for the PSP P2 games but yeah, it's all the same issues, just looks like it was cropped directly from an anime frame. How do you go a step down from original PS1 P2 EP box art where Maya looks like she has multiple cases of downs.

even a turd looks better than this black upper lip faggot puke-drawing-style

Anything is superior to shitskin.

the other way around has been done
mega:#!HJEXHJqC!ky5Ra5W8n5zJr12JMDWWHuH1w0zFpwnbZvCCTymzMAI
reddit.com/r/MegaTen/wiki/fan_translated_works#wiki_other

The guy that made that patch was working on a Devil Summoner translation patch but stopped because people in the 4cuck /vg/ smt general bullied him for wanting to put in a shoutout for GamerGate.

I know of that patch. I even added to it by restoring the PSX FMV. I don't have the patch but here's the file ready to copy and paste with UMDGen.

mega.nz/#!bQNyzZYL!OHXis3SXr-Rj3aknOGyoUSjkG03Pu97u7KIPJs-l4_4

PSP's localization is acceptable, but the remakes of the music for that version sucks.

Nigger you can stop trying so hard, they're both anime as fuck.

Was the original release of Soul Hackers ever translated or is the 3DS version the only version in English?

How similar is Persona 2's combat to Persona 1? Because I'll be honest: I fucking despised that goddamned battle grid. I can't even finish the game because of how much I hate the combat.

Never translated.
The fan translation quit before they even got 10%

Well, shoot, that's a shame.

It gets rid of the grid. It's turnbased. I recommend playing on PSP's localization if you plan on playing Innocent Sin. Unlike the remake of P1 for it, it keeps remixes of the old tracks, and the option to switch to the PS1 versions of the tracks.

To add to what this user said. if you'll play PSP version set it to Hard, since difficulty was lowered quite a few notches even on Hard setting.