Tacticool

Since Wildlands ended up being a shitshow what other games like it can we fall back on?

GRAW/GRAW2, Arma 3, Squad

I really don't know what you were expecting honestly OP. You only have yourself to blame for this.

Are you really surprised?

What was wrong with arma 3 again?

non after GRAW2 any good?

I'd suggest full spectrum warrior and the older Ghost recon game.

At this point even the shitty Future Soldier is a better game

I suppose you can choose to be shooty or sneaky in GRWL

SC:Blacklist

???
I liked the beta. what happened .?

Who else makes games like this?

Joint Operations time.

The first Ghost Recon was breddy gud back in the days.

But the Steam version is broken in that it won't let you reconfigure it to fit the screen. I don't think anyone found a way to fix it.

I played it over a decade ago with a friend split screen on XBOXHUEG and those memories are some of the best memories I have from tactical shooter games.

What exactly is bad about this game? From what I've seen it looks like it could be MGSV, except with coop and competent multiplayer.

Heavily modded CoCk.

It's Far Cry 3 re-skinned again. You have an open-world with various regions that you unlock or explore with towers littered with "chests" which either contain a random item that gives you money, ammo, or XP. There's NPCs that you meet every 5 steps that give you a "new" sidequest, which is the same sidequest you just did, which is usually Kill this Guy or Steal this Thing, which gives you a variable amount of XP to level up. It has the same shitty tagging system that Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Far Cry 4, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, and Watch_Dogs 2 have. There's about 3 different enemy types. Easy bad guy that gets killed instantly, medium bad buy that takes a hit more, and heavy bad guy that takes a headshot with a sniper rifle, a special melee maneuver, or a ton of bullets to kill. Aside from shitty side-missions and some weapon parts to collect, there's nothing interesting to do. Each village is copy-pasted from the last. Each outpost is copy-pasted from the last. Every NPC is the same or reskinned characters. The story is boring. Basically, this game is the exact same game that Ubisoft has been making for a few years now, and instead of adding something fucking new, they just keep making the world a bit bigger, or making it 3rd person, or giving you co-op. I can't fucking stand it, because a lot of the aspects about the game are neat, but they're stuck behind this boring fucking game that I've played already that hasn't really added anything new.

Would it be worthwhile if I've never played an open world Ubisoft game before? A lot of the complaint seems to be that it's "the same game".

I mean…I guess. A lot of the gameplay elements that it has, it does them well enough if you play it on a harder difficulty and don't tag enemies. If you have a group of friends to play it with, that will probably increase your enjoyment a bit. It's not a completely horrible game, it's just a game that I've already played in a series that has better games. I can't complain because I got it for free, but I would probably suggest only getting it for $20 or so, and you probably won't have to wait long if you want to get it from G2A or something, typically Ubisoft games lose value pretty quickly.

I loved Far Cry 3 Blew FC2 away in every way, and FC1 was shit as soon as the Trigens showed up, so for me, 3 is by far the best FC. If this is basically just re-skinned coop FC3, I'll definitely grab it when it's cheap.

I've never had any particular love for the series, but I didn't dislike Far Cry 3. I hated the protagonist, but a lot of the other elements were enjoyable and I typically like games set on islands, but playing the same game over again got tiring. I got about half way through 4 and quit, I got through SC: Blacklist only because I co-op'd with a friend. I got like a 3rd of the way through Watch Dogs, Barely even touched Watch Dogs 2. I just saw all of the same elements and I couldn't stomach it. I'll probably keep playing Wildlands with my friend since he bought the game for me, and fucking around with the retarded AI can be funny, but I couldn't bear this game on my own. If you're into that, good for you though user, have fun.

You mean the Division with shitty vehicle gameplay and tedious grinding.

I haven't played FC4, or blacklist, or watchunderscoredogs, or the division. The only modern open world ubishit game I've played was FC3 (and blood dragon), so I'm not totally burned out on them or anything. I'm really just interested in this for the coop aspect, since FC3+coop sounds great.

No, because I can actually kill an enemy with a headshot. I don't have to constantly switch out my weapons because I'm leveling up or some stupid crap Borderlands shooter with a Gorillion guns. Fuck The Division. You think Wildlands has tedious griding? Nah nigga, you can just start shooting whatever you want, but you'll still kill it. The Division's grinding will make you want to grind your fucking teeth together until they crack. The Division is the epitome of tedium. I would rather play Wildlands for 200 hours than have to play another one of The Division.

The vehicles are pretty shitty to drive though. I don't know why, but Ubisoft couldn't make a car feel good if their college graduates' lives depended on it.

God, this shit triggered me because I remember how awful Future Soldier was.

Back to SC: CTRL then…

So the worst thing in arma 3 is the lack of destructible props?
ok

Pleb

Why did they fucking cuck these games up so badly? I was looking at one of these Tom Clancy games called "rainbow Six," which, reading about it, said it had operators from GIG9, Spetnaz, SAS,…Sounds fun. The catch? They stick fucking STRONK WONYENZ into the games. As operators.

Why? Why are they intentionally pissing off their core audience and losing shekels? I just can't see how it makes any sense. There ARE a few females who work with Seal Six, Delta, etc.. but not as trigger-pullers, only on JSOC missions where they want to appear less suspicious and traveling with a women does this. They're never on the fucking front line.

A have a good set-up now and want to buy the old COD games, but the fuckers haven't made them compatible with xbox controller and I'm too fucking old to learn to move about with mouse/keyboard.

Bought a fucking $1,300 Titan Pascal graphics card and a $1,400 monitor (got my first good job and making shekels, got the sort of system have wanted since Iw as 10) and there ARE LITERALLY NO GAMES TO BUY.

No need to be so mad buddy. I didn't know you like that feature.

Arma 3 and Squad are basically it. If you want something for angsty teens, go play the latest iteration of the hottest 2001 franchises.

Fuck off back to reddit

This. Though the problem with Squad right now in my opinion is that it's full of newbies because the experienced players are still playing Project Reality. Meaning squad leaders are either not communicating or really not that good at leading a squad most of the time, which can really kill the fun fast.

Rainbow six had female operators since the first game in 1998.
The core audience were people who enjoyed tactical shooters. Having a few female Ops shoved in them wasn't as much of an issue back then and they don't make it much of a big deal now.
That's really your own damn fault for not doing some proper research on PC parts. Why even build a PC like that when you don't even know what games you're going to play on them? Dumbass.