Ratchet & Clank

What do Sonyniggers and older Ratchet & Clank fans like about A Crack In Time so much? Tools of Destruction had much better weapons and art direction, and more variety in general. All A Crack in Time had going for it was flipping through comfy radio channels while flying around space and landing on planetoids.

Rocket boots or whatever they're called
Also Nefraious
That's it. In the end after deadlocked the series went downhill, but you're right, I prefered Tools of Destruction more than A Crack in Time. Especially for these useless Clank missions that just felt forced

I haven't found a chance to play the older games yet, but I'd like to someday.

Strangely, Into the Nexus might be my favorite of the PS3 ratchet games. Something about it just really clicked with me.

All time favorite is still Going Commando though. The only bad thing about that game was the rather underwhelming ending, but oh well the rest was a blast.

Also the tower defense Ratchet game had a lot of missed potential.

Jump on it man, emulate that shit and have fun. The first three games are probably my favorite games of all time.
And Ratchet is actually an interesting character in it unlike in ToD and ACIT. Also much better humor, but the future series one wasn't that bad.

Crack in Time was horribly overrated and nowhere near 2 or 3. Awful, awful hamfisted drama in a series where it doesn't belong that sours the experience. Doesn't help that the hamfisted drama is based on a retcon. Framerate was bad. You also have that one other fat lombax showering you in praise for much of the game for doing nothing, because that's what kids demand nowadays.

Someone be my friend and let me play with your console pls. :(

out of the first 3 (only ones I played)
1 is the most platformy-like. It has this thing about it I can't put my finger on. It just feels like there's more heart to it.
2 is when they start focusing more on the action. Adding shit like upgrading weapons the more you use them, lock-on, and a combat arena
3 is the most action oriented and IMO polished what 2 added perfectly. Weapons can upgrade somewhere around 10 times (5 for first playthrough, 5 on replay). The combat arena is way better.

I started with 3, and was never able to finish 2. 3 just felt like an upgrade in every way.

I haven't either. I had a friend who got 4 but he sold it before I could try it out.

Tbh, i think this series should have ended with the ps2 games.

Are the HD remasters good, or are they another Jak and Daxter-type case?

Ratchet and Clank future series should never have happened.

which one in the series was size matters, because that was the only one I remember actually ever playing as a kid. and it pretty fun, for the time. I have no idea how it would hold out now

What happened with Jak remasters?

For me it did. ;_;

Tools of Destruction is objectively the best Ratchet and Clank game. A Crack in Time is formulaic garbage, and the original PS2 games (original, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal) were great games, but had low-quality presentation (graphics, story, etc.). ToD is essentially the same thing as the original PS2 games but with actual decent graphics and polish. People who say the originals are better than ToD just like the originals because _muh nostalgia_.

Size matter was one of the two games that was on the PSP, the other being secret agent clank. There were ports of them made to the ps2 but they had problems. (The ratchet sectons of secret angent clank had horrible FPS issues)

Bugs, poor FPS, some broken gameplay segments.

Yeah, I remember it being originally a PSP port. And I played it on PS2 though.

Ah thanks for the info. I only own the R&C hd collection and the biggest issue that I can recall was graphic bugs such as low textures and constant model clipping.

Do you remeber how it played at all? I'm curious.

remember*

Not really to be honest. I remember playing some specific parts with Clank being kinda neat and a boss battle being really tough otherwise no. It's been awhile. I'm gonna look up some videos..

All that I can remember was the armor system. You had different pieces of armour (helm, gloves, etc) and you couldkinda mix and match them for certain attack bonuses I think.

Oh, that's right! I do remember that being really cool too.

One last thing I remember was the story. The enemies where little nanobots ot something called technomites and they were the energy(?) that you collected that you used to upgrade your weapons, and they tried to riseup or something.

14:25 of this video is part I remember being neat as a kid. I would play the multiplayer deathmatch mode with some neighbor kids too.

Lucky, I nobody at my school played any of the ratchet and clank games. So I never got to play multiplayer.

I think I was homes chooled at the time when I played this. But I lived on an army base, so it was almost like the stereotypical 1950's suburbia where you would like go to neighborhood cookouts and you knew everyone. So, have kids coming over to play some Playstation was pretty normal for me. Good times.