PSO2 Thread

Both the SEA and Taiwanese servers are closing leaving the Japanese servers to be the only ones left. Also bought a 10 star rarity item at the player shop without a pass or premium account somehow.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/YycwB
youtube.com/watch?v=Soo5czOhiJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Weapon and unit passes were done away with… I want to say last month? Well, either way, it made buying extreme receptor units a bit more convenient.

That's something I didn't know about. Will there be episode 5 or is this going to be the last year for the game?

PSO3 When?

Never, if we are lucky we will get a PSU2 that is a spiritual successor to PSO instead of this trash but will be shut down way too early in its life.

Episode 5's coming in the summer. The next Sega stream for the game is on the 15th, where they'll talk about the new class coming up, as well as the EQ coming on the 19th.

My gut feeling tells me that they might introduce a new race. It's either gonna be a Dragonkin or a Beastman.

What prompted this very welcome change?

>sega still blames poor sales on gaijin

PSO2 will just never get localized.

Have you considered becoming a comedian?

Hopefully they'll introduce another yandere girl.

And this is why it'll never get localised.

We know. Supposedly a bunch of faggots plan on having private servers for Western Players. I think they are in Alpha right now.

What class do you guys think will be introduced in Episode 5?

But PSO2 is ten times better than PSO1.
Are you the one of those buttmad haters that couldn't even get pas the captcha?

The mechs are my favorite thing about PSO2. Though PSO1 and Ultima Online both were inspirations behind .hack//

Hey, it's the furfaggots in denial again. Kill yourselves.

how are robots furry?

NIce try faggot

user you have a fixation on horse ass. Wanna talk about it?

Another take on Technics would be nice. Bouncer is supposed to be the melee + Technic mix, maybe a ranged + Technic mix?

Take it somewhere else.

I am confused as to how a meme about lisa called out the fidf again.

Looks like there's another animal fucking faggot defending the furfags in denial. Go back to your containment hugbox and drink bleach. letting these sick fucks shit up Holla Forums and not calling them out on their animal fucking isn't going to make this board better

Go away.

furries are so sensitive

The thread was probably going to be derailed anyway since there isn't much to talk about in between episodes. We'll get some stuff to do for Golden Week but until then it's largely just the usual EQs and waiting for everyone to finish Episode 4.

Oh boy, this is why we can't have pso2 threads.

I just wish they will finally start selling cosmetics for AISes in episde 5. It's a golden mine.

I remember Su being expected to be R+T atk class, instead we got what we got.
So yeah I expect final hybrid class out of Ep5. Maybe that poor slicer fag will finally get his weapon as well.

we're mostly done we've had our fun and we'll probably play again later on down the line. a lot of the guys were writefags and drawfags so they stopped mainly because of shit not getting done.

I see lonely mafiosi pugging now and then as well, I wonder if mafia manages to get full MPAs these days.

We still get regular MPAs, but sometimes there's not enough people and we just pug.

I blame SEGA for reusing the same EQs for months now; I'm so fucking sick of Mother.

14* never ever

Gonna get those CFs filled.
I think it goes out of rotation sometime this month, so mom will become as rare as loser, while you'll be running whatever the fuck that Deus thing is called every evening for half a year.

I would like to see a collab with Bandai for .hack// costumes

Is new .hack media even being produced still?
We will come in full circle if that happens.

Also stop your petty drama, it reminds me of 4chan team before exodus.

Last time I saw .hack//, they made Kite a girl.

ep5 will go back to the melee meta.
quote me on this

I'm getting tired of PSO2 lately too. Story is utter shit, stuff like Valrape is retarded but that makes it interesting, ep4 is simply 100% pure shit. Usually scratches are nice and have something worth aiming for even when nothing is happening but last 2-3 scratches were really bad with current one being shit tier with FUNscratch-tier items and the whole one new item in FUNscratch itself. Box grinding with zero challenge adds no fun to that too as well as endless "EQ of the month" and retarded easter lobby music.
Maybe I should try hellblocks instead of team MPAs, or simply take a break from PSO2.

Never ever.

Was melee ever meta? Except shunka abuse

It's okay to take a break. People are waiting for the next major update. PSO1 had a better story and setting.

It's a shame, PSO1 was a major inspiration behind .hack//, the Wave users look like Force users and .hack// had a lot of aesthetics similar to the Phantasy Star Online, Ultima Online and Final Fantasy 11 games. Funny thing is that the .hack// anime is the closest thing for the original PSO1 games to ever having an anime, yet the actual PSO2 anime is shit. The PSO Crew should do a collab with Bandai-Namco and make a legit .hack// MMO, but that's never going to happen.

If Bandai-Namco was going to resurrec the series, that'd be a great way to get people talking about it. Unfortunately they don't seem to be interested right now.

Scamco already resurrected dot hack.

It's mobileshit now.

the last 2 AC scratches had no robo-outfits

they announced a new class I doubt we will get a new race and particularly not dragonkin or beastman because we just got ARKS Sadinian Suit and in the next scratch on wednesday we are getting Beast Face as a face option (it's a scratch frequency bonus so rev up those wallets!!)

SEGA said this game is meant to run for up to 10 years and it is making more money now than ever (source is investor calls) so I think it is safe to say we won't see another phantasy star game until this one is done

this is an awesome screenshot!

I hope they aren't done with introducing races in the future. Though I hope the next class is Theif. Anyway, who's the next antagonist? I hope they bring back Mother Brain and her horde of genetically engineered biomonsters for the next Episode.

I'm so sorry, I didn't know.

I been saying since bouncer came out that the next class needs to be technics + ranged mix (since we have braver which is striking + ranged and bouncer which is tech + striking) and I have a pretty good idea for it too I sent it in to SEGA via regular old paper mail (since nobody reads e-mails) and never heard a reply or anything I gave them full license to use the idea so I hope they borrowed some components of it

I can tell you about it to see what you guys think its "Breaker" class and its ninja themed you got two weapons one is throwing knife (knives kunai and other shuriken) which is used for ranged attacking and one is scrolls which are a technic weapon that works similar to jet boots

throwing knives have a gear that increases when striking the same target (assassination theme) and increases faster when striking a weakpoint, it would go away when you strike a new target and there would be a recast buff in skill tree that makes it not go away when you hit a new target as well as do increased critical damage, throwing knife gear makes you throw 2/3/4 knives at once with each attack and this would affect PAs also (PAs can hit multi targets and not lose gear but only some PAs will raise gear)

PAs would be stuff like dagger item crash from castlevania, ophiel's scalpel attack (dio/TH Sakuya timestop knives), the classic decoy teleport counter move (press button, get hit, teleport up and behind the enemy while throwing a strong attack)

Knives would stick in enemies and reduce defense very slightly (R-def only at 1st but with a skill in skill tree to increase the affect and apply it partially to all defenses), weapon action will make them explode (think like naruto talisman stuck on a kunai) and deal strong elemental dmg + high elemental status chance per knife but enemy loses the defense debuff

As for the scroll weapon it would be pure T-ATK but it would be a melee combat weapon sorta with basically elemental martial arts so you got 6 different combos that look sort of like bending from avatar last airbender and the way you pick is by technic you cast lemme explain

so you got a 3 hit combo like any other wpn, so you got say like foie zan and zonde in your wpn PA slots, so you tap foie 3 times and you get all 3 fire atks, or you do foie foie zonde to do 2 fire atks and then end with the lightning atk, or foie zan zonde to do 1st fire, 2nd wind, 3rd lightning, etc and so on you basically got 18 different melee atks that replace your uncharged techs when you cast with a scroll but if you charge you get the tech like normal

another way this is cool is that using different techs will affect the characteristics of the atk, like foie is real quick and single target, rafoie is slower and area effect, nafoie is very slow but leaves fire on the ground, gifoie is weak but hits in a circle around you, etc

there would be skill in the tree (clicky skill with no cooldown) to let you cast your next charged tech to drop a scroll like a landmine that casts that tech with a power bonus after a few seconds

anyway sorry this post is so long and dis-organized I just woke up after a long sleep ;つД`)

That's what I thought, too, and then Sega throws a curve ball and comes out with summoner as part of a big push to get more casuals playing.

yah which is hilarious because summoner is the class in the game that is the least casual friendly in terms of the amount of setup you need to do to have fun with it picrelated its sega

Not really. Summoner just takes time. Every other class requires you to get SIX of the same fucking weapon with a drop rate so close to zero that Sega implemented a system that just hands them to you, but a single egg is all you need. I already have two pets at 120, but only one weapon at +35 because Sega always links collect sheets to either scheduled only emergency quests (forcing the player to buy arks cash to buy star gems to buy triggers since there aren't enough scheduled to fill all six sheets) or content that's dead for good reason, like requiring enemies that are so high level you only find them in SH advanced quests. Eggs? They drop everywhere even if you're not even playing summoner, so pets are piss easy to raise.

/monster/ drama aside, this game does have some nice space girls.

Reminds me of Ragnarok's ninja class.
I say just add slicers. It's already established that slicer users are also good at techniques and magic.

I miss slicers and the old classes from the older games. I just want Mother Brain back or a similar villain, I don't want it to be another variant of Falz.

yah that's a good point about end game (tho you can get guest character wpns to +35 really easy) but starting off as a new player its a lot easier to get started as any other class but summoner since you have to lvl your chara and your pets and pets have a hard time limit on lvling up

tfw too short to be in the story cutscene

Yeah, would have been nice to have known that before a +35 weapon became a requirement for the level cap unlock. Now, I'm stuck with a +34 huge cutter, and Ethan is suddenly dropping double sabers instead. The explosion in the price of emperor weapons hasn't helped anything, either, which again goes back to summoner being easier to raise overall than any other class. It's rare that I don't get an egg or two from a boss core regardless of what class I'm playing, so pets get to 120 without me having to pay a single meseta while also trying to work towards other class' weapons. I can only hope that the new EXP weapons drive down the price of emperors.

if you are on XH LVL you can use SG to buy 125% tri boost from shirona, with that and 250% rare drop boost (6 excubes) from excube shop you can easily get 50+ 10* wpns from every XHEQ and then use those to grind wpns instead of buying empers, 10* wpn -> identical 10* wpn is 110 grind exp which is only a little short of emper 130 grind exp and you get so many for "free"

PSO2 C.A.R.D. Revolution fucking when

It's called PSO2es, and it's celebrating its third anniversary.

It could never live up to card revolution.

It's called you never played Episode 3 and have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Hint: It was not a mobileshit clone of a mobileshit clone of monster hunter where the controls consist of "tap" and "swipe".

I mis Wil Break and the other cool characters. I wanted to fuck the Cast woman with the Sonic motif design.

It's a legitimate entry and part of the storyline as well. I mean I certainly appreciate PSO Ep3's Falz being Double, and the fact that Strange Fruits got a complete remix, but…
…man, es is trash, especially when you consider what they already had to build on instead.

Is es even making them money? It can't cost much to keep running but surely they could come up with something else.

Maybe. I don't even really know how worth it it would be to dump money on it for PSO items.
It's definitely the primary source of gaijinbucks though, but I don't know how much of a fuck they actually give about that.

Does leveling a class to 80 give any permanent bonuses like leveling to 75 does?
Getting a whole bunch of 13* weps to 35 as well as doing all those cube quests looks like insane time sink.

You get 5 skill points and 20SG from the title, that's about it.

Not much, but whatever.

They really should've added new skills along with the new level cap. It feels like a missed opportunity to fix the various flaws of each class.

It would be nice if they do that in the future, but I hardly doubt it.

Why hasn't this been in released in the West yet? It would literally BTFO out of most MMO's out there. Is SEGA allergic to making money?

It really is, I hope they would add some skills in the future eventually and not limit "fixes" to grind-a-ring and shit like retarded SuGu fix. Ep4 had tons of QoL stuff but most of it looked like either features planned long ago or has more to do with technical team than direction with ep4 direction actively shitting PSO2 into routine grind MMO with mobile tier shit.

There's no way that's happening now, what with the SEA version shutting down soon. I think SEGA thinks there's no viable way to make the game work with a global audience and preserve all their tie-in licenses at the same time.

Goddamnit, why are there so little good looking camos for raifus? The new tacticool one from the story is cool, but an antique rifle or just anything else somewhat normal looking would be great.

I have a strong feeling that there is always the same two dudes, one that asks the same question, and the other always giving the same answer. Every goddamn thread.

You think you have it bad?
I wish there was dark souls collab or something to just bring normal looking weapons into the game.

To be fair, pso2 swords are supposed to be xbox hueg, and the reasonably sized swords go to wands and db as one handed swords. Wand camos are usually multiclass, but it's a shame when a cool sword is db only.

I think I found the problem.

Enga's rifle is literally the only rifle camo I can stand looking at that isn't a living meme.

Come on guys.

I feel there's a huge line between what the game allows players to do and what the developers do with the game. Think of it this way: retards say GTA and Rockstar by extension promote violence toward women, but the reality is that choice of who to use violence on is entirely up to the player. Now, if you really wanted to make your point, you would have mentioned almost any weapon 7 stars or higher. They all look like ass and feel completely out of place in PSO2's setting outside of one or two exceptions per weapon type.

What are you trying to say?
Here these are actual weapons, and not a camos that can be hand waved as something arks do with holographic camouflage for fun.
I mean I guess you can hit people with these, but it's still silly.

My point was that something a random player did with the ridiculous customization is probably within the realm of "We never expected players to do this" from the dev's point of view, like a player who turned himself into an AIS controlled by a chibi Matio. A much better way for you to show a lack of consistency in the setting would be almost any rare weapon because the design of those is completely out of the players' hands. The ones you posted are great examples of the devs directly shitting on the setting's consistency.

Have you taken a look at the 2016 badge rifle camo? Shit's neat.

At the very least they're doling out those vita weapon camos. They can even be colour swapped, which is a great plus.

I think they knew exactly what the were doing with those.

S I D E B U R N S

I might pick this game up again if i can figure out how i got it to work the first time.

Do we still have a guild in this game or did it goto shit?

Yes…
Last time somebody asked that it did not end well

discord.gg/YycwB

Check out the discord. Don't worry about voice chat, everyone in the group is too autistic to converse outside text.

Check /vg/ thread or try /monster/ for another team if they still play.

I wonder if a classic styled PS5 would sell well in the west?

/monster/ outfit is dead. Also to top it off We don't accept Holla Forums trash to be honest a lot of you guys are just pure fucking cancer.

As in classic JRPG? Well it really depends on marketing. Some JRPGs sell, some don't. I think it really depends on how you present your shit.
But let's be honest, sega won't make one.

And so it begins.

shit nigger, you post it then. That's the only PSO2 discord I know of.

When did Mark stop filtering discord links?

something happened to the english patch?
all items are again in pure nip after patching

The items are not part of the enlish patch and are under plugin settings. Most of the item names are in kana, so I just play with it off because those are easy enough to read without any formal studying.

Works on my machine.

What are the easiest to +35 13* talis and rifle?
I just want muh titles.

It's the truth though, 99% of Holla Forums is just pure and utter cancer. it's got nothing to do with you as an outfit, it's got everything to do with you as a board. Until you chase off the fags and the fag enablers it's just not gonna happen.

You're fucked. The ultimate Amduscia talis was the last one that could be reasonably +35ed. Hell, it was the first and only reasonable collect file, period, which is why you see everyone and his cousin with a weapon from it. Your options are as follows:
1 - hope the new raid boss file is reasonable. This is unlikely in the extreme.
2 - hope the Thanksgiving Fest involves a set of weapons that can be bought with 2017 badges. This will require 24/7 runs of any content that drops badges for the slightest chance of +35, but at least it's something you can work toward.
3 - deal with SHAQs to complete the collect files that are up for a year.
In the meantime, Lumia's rod is an extremely easy way to get the title for force, at least.

Again, fucked. You missed your chance about a month or two back when Silver from the anime series was on the ship and giving out her rifle as a reward for an easy order. Now, she does show up as a code unite, and that code does have a chance to give you her rifle, but it's a piss poor chance for a code that happens once in a blue moon. You're stuck with the same hard choices for this as for talis.

14* was a mistake.

It's like you haven't been there for 5 years.
Video games are for fun, if you're not having fun stop playing it.

Besides, this level of no-drops is even worse than when 12*s were introduced, and definitely much worse than 13* drop rates pre-CFs.

Just use red weps duh

Nope. 14 star drop rates seem pretty par for the course. I don't expect to get my first 14 star until we're almost getting Episode 7.

hey auxy, sorry for quitting on you. the game just wasn't very fun for me. hope you keep having fun though.
polite sage for meta.

Aren't you the faggots that get triggered by everything?

Perfect

3 ghz core 2 duo enough?
HD 5830 GPU

See what I mean?

Should be fine, we have people with worse toasters than this. Try tier 6 graphics settings 1st because it's more optimized than pre PS4 shit, turn off lighting as it's poorly implemented anyway, then go usual shadows, processing etc route.

Crossfire support?

RIP 2B hair ticket…

Why is there an exp() expression there if -a^2 doesn't have a variable in the exponent?

I'd rather ask why is there super robot wars pic when there is literally one mech in the game.

Bump ;^)

Also, people keep autistically screeching sentai when describing Episode 4 when the term they're looking for is tokusatsu.

That was me probably. I mix the two up all the time.

you have to force it in radeonpro but it works fine at least on my machine

reminder that pso2 has the cutest girls and best music of MMORPGs (*'▽')

PSO2 has a great soundtrack.

Some soundtracks are nice, others… Enjoy the current lobby music:
youtube.com/watch?v=Soo5czOhiJI

A few more days and they will change the lobby music.

That lobby music coincides with triboost event and limited story completion rewards. They knew what to do to get rid of filthy gaijins.

Details, please. Seems like I missed something on bumped.

I have two salon tickets and some of the other stuff. So I don't care.

such is life

my main character is uhh unusually proportioned so I'm not used to random outfits looking nice

another one of tsumeko-chan

Those "rewards" are trash tbh.

so, what do we get on tomorrows patch?

true final boss of ep4

last thing is pretty interesting, it's basically a way that you can browse other people's my fashion presets and upboat them

I'll bet they give these out so rarely because they don't want people buying a shitty, unpopular color of a popular item and recoloring it so that it's worth millions.

you can just recycle any rappy costume for a color change pass, they're like 400k on ship 2 which is the most expensive ship

I'm not wasting that kind of meseta on a color change pass when my girl needs more slutwear.

Why?

reasonably decent looking girl but really
??? I make 10m a week on accident, what are you even doing

welcome newfriend, to the world of Phantasy Star

Because after getting fucked over by making a human in Infinity, I vowed to always make space elves.

Damn literally the only flaw with her is being space subhuman.
How was you fucked over? Why not make a cast?

In vanilla PSP2, human was the balanced, jack of all trades. Infinity added dewmen, which were basically humans with better attack stats. As defense was practically useless in infinity level missions, a human was just a gimped dewman with slightly more PP (200 base for human compared to 180 base for dewman). Space elves still reigned as king of tech attack, and they had the highest evade in the game, which was much more important at level 200+ content. Basically, any other race did everything humans did better in Infinity.

Literally the best event in the game.

right??

embed is the deus esca zephyros music (it starts off with the idle/passive part) which is new boss debuting in 4.25 hrs

In PSO2, the differences in the races barely amount to much, so choosing a race is mostly about cosmetics.

I know, but the trauma from Infinity still makes me choose space elf just to be sure that I'll always at least be good at techs.

But user, space elves are best elves.

This. Too bad I doubt we'll ever get more of that with the new (((director))). At least we still get LAs in FUNscratch, unlike now AC-only bodypaints

The more scratches I see the more I realize that a union of designer with a wall at a high speed would be perfect. Overall quite shitty, same as most recent scratches, but at least I can slack now after boost week.

doublepost

Lol

what's wrong with the pants? I think it's cute

I'm looking forward to pretending to be renamon

captcha: lrn bjs

there needs to be more male outfits

there are leomon units coming too in this scratch

but there are quite a lot of male outfits, what are you looking for

something for a dewman to wear
i think yesterday i got an outfit from the star gem ticket that was a dark purple coat with a red/pink on the inner side.

I mean it just depends what you're into, there's this "beltpunk" outfit that just got revived recently (picrelated)

the star gem scratch items aren't tradeable and most of what's there now consists of special outfits from story characters, dark purple coat with pink inside sounds like probably one of the dark falz clothes

game is back up early btw (*'▽')b

Square Enix approved costume, courtesy of Final Fantasy: Kingdom Hearts.

Hope you like certain kinds of attention user.

if you get on and do klotho's new battle arena CO you get 80 SG, 2 100% tri boosts, and a color change pass

all you have to do is take the CO, go win a battle arena ranked match (you can totally get carried, if you suck just stay out of combat and grab enemy/rainbow emblems), talk to koffie (select the talk option) and then turn it in to klotho

new EQ is great fun (*'▽') I got a 12* unit

new CFs are extremely slow …..

c'mon now are beasts coming back or what

We did it reddit.

it's only a lobby action

I don't use reddit but nice job

I walked in on XH with a random PUG and we beat it with a minute to spare w

it does seem a lot of people are having trouble with the EQ though

Catalogue is nice but it seems like but it seems that only topfirst 50 matters with majority of random characters appearing semi-random and many of them being average loliface loli tier.
How exactly does it work? Ranking and searching.

pic unrelated

If it's not le random XD, a male transformer Cast, or a generic pretty boy/girl, then it's not getting ranked, simple as that.

I have no idea

ppl bein creative tho

I don't mean rank, I mean when you search by race/sex/type like Kyast Elegant you get some results. Then you go back and search same again and get different batch but the batch stays the same, so if you got KyastA and KyastB in one batch and KyastC in another then you wont get KyastB and KyastC in results together. Sometimes you get same batches in row and you can even find yourself and probably upboat saw someone with 0 views and 1 upboat…. So I wonder how exactly that search works and how are different characters bundles/(if)shuffled.
As for ranking, does it refresh? Because that NT fodder isn't going anywhere from first place.

Fuck, I want my main class to be a techer, but I'm doing way more damage as gunner (still doing shit damage despite being way better than techer). What the fuck should I do? I have 2 skill resets to waste.

what? why do you need the skill resets? you can change class any time for free you know

I probably fucked up my tree, I just want to be tech/gun and do decent damage, but it's atrocious.

you can't do tech/TMGs and do decent dmg

gunner needs HU, FI, or RA sub class to be decent

there is currently no way to do ranged+tech and be even decent sadly

The new class might be a ranged+tech class, so keep your fingers crossed.

Oh, there's a new class coming out? Maybe there's hope then.

give dual blades bouncer a try. you are mostly a striking class, but you have access to techniques as well – your attacking techniques will be shit because you have no bonuses to them (typically you will use Hunter as subclass since it adds the most to your striking damage) but you can use shifta and deband to buff your attack and defense, resta to heal yourself, megiverse to lifesteal, and zondeel to round up enemies for quick dispatch

the "weapon action" (sometimes called "shift action" because the default key is shift) for dual blades fires "photon blades" which are a ranged attack that scales on your striking damage. then, striking enemies with photon blades stuck in them restores your PP. it's a pretty fun playstyle, although there is some annoying management of stances (you need to use elemental stance when enemies are weak to your weapon's element, and break stance when they aren't or when striking breakable enemy parts)

Ladies and gentlemen of the expedition to darkest Naberius, allow me to introduce our financial sponsor, Sir Henry Wordsworth Fluffington III!

Once upon a time it was possible back before they nerfed the flip advance skill, you had to find a tmg with tatt though.

I want to play a ranged one, gonna give te/br with bows a try.

Once upon a time, there was a good all-class bow that actually made that a very good build. There's also te/ra using rifles as a WB slave, but the easiest techer rifle to obtain is an old-type 11* from double, and all the decent 13* multi-class weapons are effectively unobtainable.

Te/Br is mostly wand whacking mobs and using the bow on bosses.

The mandatory bow for Te/Br is the Rikauteri. It's an 11* Bow that is equipable by Fo, Te, Br, and Bo. What makes it special is that it has the potential "Ancient Oath" which boosts elemental weak point damage by 14%, which benefits Technique damage. Plus it has decent tatk which is rare for bows. Typically you use Banish Arrow and then spam element weak techs. Banish arrow records damage on target for a few seconds and then deals that recorded damage again, effectively doubling your damage. The element of the bow doesn't matter for Te casting, but it does matter for Fo casting as Fo has Element Conversion.

Unfortunately, the bow is old and somewhat outdated. It's only an 11* and plenty of more powerful stuff has come out since then. Furthermore, getting the bow is a massive pain in the ass. It's a rare drop from a rare version of the caves' dragon boss. On the player shop, it sells for several million, but at least you can buy it now without premium or a weapon pass.

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Everything I want to do in this game is being cockblocked by SEGA.

Unfortunately, the best things to go with are cookie cutter builds as they are by far the most effective and easiest to use. There are a few nonstandard builds, but they aren't used that often for that reason. Generally, specialization is the key in this game. Jack of all trades don't preform anywhere near as well as a specialist. So pick 1 attack type and use classes that complement that attack type.

In addition for Te/Br, I had forgotten that Sega had added a 10% damage class weapon bonus last year, which you aren't getting with a Bow as that isn't a Techer default weapon. I believe this was added because before the meta was using Fighter mains with subclass weapons to effectively be whatever sub-class with access to Fighter-specific Limit Break.

I should mention there are 2 hybrid classes: The Braver class which uses a Katana and Bow covers Strike Attack (Melee stuff) and Range Attack (Shooting) and the Bouncer class which uses Dual Blades and Jet Boots covers Strike and Technique Attack (Sci-Fi Magic). But even then, optimal builds usually focus on one type of attack rather than trying to do both. You do get 3 characters for free and can thus focus a character on each attack type.

Honestly, being "optimal" isn't generally necessary. People won't give you shit unless you're going out of your way to be a leech with something completely shit in an Emergency Quest. Biggest complaint is usually against "Tank" classes, as there is no tanking in PSO2. Every class is some form of DPS.

So how's new EQ? Another tomato or something good?

It's kinda okay. You can actually fail it, after desu shoots moon for lulz you have 5 minutes to destroy it or wipe but it's pretty easy to do so even without Te, Ra or Gu stack, some gurenbrain pugs do fail it though. As for content the first part is kinda tomato, second is okay, with multiple stages that require some movement and has different attacks in succession but desu damage is kinda low, so you can facetank even with shitty units. What's good is that the core doesn't get invulnerability so your BA wont whiff but it's capped at 999'999, it has some DR so it's like 1.6-2m damage cap if it was mother.

Little info about lewts, units look like shitty goldog units, no info about their ultimate form, weapons are yet another threadmill step with 14% damage pot and double affix bonus, which is pretty strong if it's weapon only and plain OP if it affects unit affixes too, another potential is non-stackable party damage boost with no info.
There's also new astral tier affix (30all 15hp 6pp) which might stack with astral but that'd be too stupid and requires all 3 factors as well as 3 souls for the final soul with tomato factor prices going batshit crazy.

So weapons are basically astra+1? Are those fucks seriously expecting me to grind for basically the same weapon?

yes

If you already have a +35 for each level 80 unlock, there's no point doing it for anything but fun. It feels like this collect sheet is to hand out weapons for the unlock because the requirements are so easy. Everything minus Deus Esca can be done on SH difficulty, deus himself is guaranteed to drop his shit in 5 runs if you use rare drop boosts, and this file is up for six months compared to the usual 2-3.

It's like they want players to hate new content.

The best PvE experience you will find in this game. So fucking good.

And after all this baka gaijins still expect to get their own localised servers in the west.

something broke?
i can't get pass teh nprotect shit

in pso2 tweaker there is an option for "fix gameguard errors", try that?

Looks like I forgot to account for something else, too: failing the last trial. I was just in a group that didn't have the DPS to kill him within the time limit, so that's effectively an entire extra run I have to do because shitters are slowly bleeding into the expert blocks thanks to how easy it is to use summoner to clear the entry conditions. I'm not sure whether to be infuriated or pleased that there's something in PSO2 that can actually be failed, though I'd much rather have it be a skill check than a DPS check. This must be the catch for this particular collect file.

Why even bother.

how do i become a good goy and get Arks Cash.
Kinda want that Sildonian Suit.

You can get it with meseta, but if you want to be a good goy linked pso2es is easiest.
Also, why?

I actually meant Sadinian not sildonian from winner scratch 4.
And i think it just looks cool.
People actually sell those for meseta?

This one?
The only stuff you can't buy from market is SG scratch items, bonus scratch items and some stuff from events.

oh wow, i guess i'm dumb
Still gotta learn a lot about this game

i also may or may have not forgoten my trading pass

Rejoice, you can buy the costume from turbojewsrespected ARKS for a mere price of 146.999.998!

Why fucking furfags are even allowed to post here?

I'm trying to level a brever with primary use on bullet bows, and I got the sub class set to ranger, what's the best build for this kind of setup?

Take weak stance and bullet bow skills.

Do yourself a favour and customize sharp bomber. That turns it into the guren of BB.

Beyond that, you probably just want to take the generic BB kit for BR (which is every BB related skill), and a generic kit for RA including WB for when you need it.

One thing to note is that you can probably squeeze in enough points to get both average and brave stance, if that's something you want to consider.

There's no reason to take average stance for bbow Braver ever as majority of your damage comes from Ra weakhit and if you go Gu sub for memes you'll be hitting wbed target anyway. Even if semi-useless skills those are still better investment for 30 points.

In addition to other advices, put 2 points into Step Advance and get step jump ring lvl1. It also wouldn't hurt to get standard bbow equipment - Divine Raikou for reduced Rapid Shot cooldown and Orbit bbow for PP regen orbit kektana is fine, not as good but fine, though with SBt0 PP isn't that much of an issue so those 2 bbows aren't mandatory as they were before but you still want to get them if you want to bbow Br srsly .
Bbow Br is also a class that really shines only against high health mobs which you wont really meet until XH.

hehe, I got a delivery

in addition to what these guys said >>12398840 which is mostly good advice I will add that you should avoid critical skills entirely because criticals are not very good in PSO2 unless you are playing fighter main. otherwise criticals are basically useless so don't take the critical skills in your stance

/monster/ manages to organize groups and discuss vidya without shitting up other boards, you furfaggots could learn a thing or two from them

anyway, deus weapons are ridiculous, pretty much better than gix unless you are a godlike player who never needs to switch weapons or heal

this is the pso2 thread friendo

the second potential on deus weapons has a 12% dmg boost for yourself and 2% *ATK* boost (not damage) for the whole party, but it only affects your BASE attack not after equipment and buffs, so basically, it's shit

12% dmg is not bad tho especially considering the weapons have extremely high base ATK comparable with astra but of course there's no PP regen so I do think most players are better off with the gix/astra/orbit weapons they already have UNTIL they can unlock that third potential which is 14% dmg + double affixes (for weapon only)

Oh look, its shitfu autist.

It's been one hell of a ride.
I've played this game since it came out but today I am quitting and uninstalling. Time passes, things change, and life goes on. Good luck out there everyone, keep fighting the good fight! I wish you plenty of RDRs!

Can I have your Soul Receptor stash?

Don't give me this "things change~" bullshit?
What made you quit?

How do I find people to party with when there isn't an EQ?

I usually just end up standing around the lobby yelling for awhile before logging out and giving up.

I mean you don't have to have a group lol most ppl play the game solo or in small groups (2-3 ppl) most of the time you can party with friends or with teammates there are always teams recruiting you can apply for a team at the visiphone or you can go ask in the pso2 discord

see you around!

I played during the Beta and stopped soon after.
How good were the episodes and contents they added during the years? Did they improved the game or made it worse?

I wish.

speaking as someone who played then, the game has improved a lot since beta there is new-type weapon grinding which is free of RNG and there is collection file to make sure you can get a top-tier weapon instead of having to hope for a lucky drop. with episode 4 (which just concluded) there is a new story progression system which isn't as grindy as the old matter boards although it does lack some of the depth of the old system and episode 4 is kind of poorly paced (really rushed progression)

overall I think the game is improved from the old days, there's SO MUCH CONTENT now but that also can make it daunting for a new or returning player since there's a lot to catch up on

I see, If I were to start a new character now do you know how long would it take to catch on the latest stuff?

there's also lots of interesting new _types_ of content there is Battle Arena which is forced-balance PvP (your skills/classes/levels/equipment aren't used) and has HUGE rewards for playing it, there is Challenge Quests which like battle arena don't use your equipment – you progress along progressively harder areas using whatever weapons and skills you can pick up (it's really hard) there's missions with "AIS" which are huge mecha and there's missions with flying robots called rideroids, there are ultra difficult solo VR missions, there are "triggers" so you can play the emergency quests whenever you want…

the game still has its problems ofc, it's very repetitive (but I think the quality of the combat makes up for that mostly), the quality of the writing is decent at best and brain meltingly bad at worst, the class system seems really open-ended but ultimately each class really only has one or two combination of class/subclass that is even workable much less "the best", and there is a fair amount of obsolete content like the majority of the crafting system

it just depends on how aggressive you are, my friend who I met on 8ch Comfinity FFXI server got to level cap in about one month and is now 3 months in as powerful as me or more even though I have played for 5 years w

it just depends on how well you pick up on the mechanics and systems the game is fairly intuitive

Join an active team.

Or just search up whoever's in a quest and hijack their party.

See you next week.

What? I though it were shitty cosmetics and some NT grind boosters?

umm, using battle coins you can buy some really nice 12* rear units (shine blue, with huge HP and defense bonuses, or shine red, with 110 all ATK built in), and it is also one of the cheapest/fastest ways to get star gems and the mini rappy suit from the BC shop sells for like hundreds of millions of meseta at least on ship 2 (altho it does require 100k BC w)

there are also ultra-rare but ridiculously valuable items available from the BA scratch at the end of each round including overlimit boosters and some edgy bloodied-metal weapon camos

also, there is a client order from klotho for winning a BA match, and there is a campaign for clearing that client order which awards some nice stuff including triboosters and a color change pass

uploading this here so I can link it elsewhere w

Truly, PSO2 has the greatest character customization of all time.

ppl have been doing some wacky shit with the mini rappy suit because its real small but for whatever reason it makes accessories scale to super huge sizes so you get abominations like your pic

As opposed to regular abominations like your pic :^)

i wanna be on your side user, but your taste is….complicated

if it makes you feel any better in my case it's much more a matter of self-insert than waifuism my character isn't my waifu she's my ideal which isn't to say that I'm not attracted to her features but she's not really my preference

anyway point is it's avatarfagging more than waifuposting if it makes you feel better cast master race??

I'm not sure what 5th deus sheet to take so I guess I'm doing wired lances as well

That's even worse.

Public service announcement though, you can finish all the excube drop requirements by completing them on a single sheet, meaning you can skip a tedious part of the CS by simply getting an easily farmable boss on one of the CS and completing that one.

Well at least it makes the muscles seem less degenerate, everything else is still pretty fucking disgusting.

rushing to complete CFs before deus in 35 mins
ε=ε=ε=ε=┏(; ̄▽ ̄)┛

I failed ….

The Sadinian costumes look cool, imagine them with the vol dragon wings accessory. I still wonder what new class will be released.

Textbook case of everything went better than expected.

do you want one? it's only 420k hehe

if you have premium for trading I could buy it for you, or if you don't I could put it in a premium box for you (I think)

ahh, there are some sword camos that are FAIRLY normal/fantasy-looking swords tho

1st is *SW‐ティアダウナー
2nd is *アポトーシス
3rd is *ナイトギアエッジ
all 3 of these are available on the shops for a pittance
4th is *世果・印
a katana, but it looks pretty nice; it's only available from clearing matterboards in ep1-3 mode
5th is *斬鉄剣
it's a random drop from odin, you can buy it on the shops for nothing

as a bonus here are 2 more

1st is *ニャウ・ソード
nyau sword, can buy on shops for nothing

2nd is my actual weapon コートエッジVer2
coat edge v2, it kinda sux but it's a 13* and all class equippable so meh
you can't really get it anymore but they are sposed to be adding a way to convert 2017 badges into 2016/2015 badges (or some other way to get them)

fuckin plebs that song was glorious in the rappy festival in pso1 while watching rappys bop their little heads to the beat of samba de amigo

That's right, Sega. Rage. Rage impotently at your inability to stop me from making progress.

hmm? it's not in maintenance for hours yet

Must have just been PSO2es throwing a shitfit, then. It usually does that because of maintenance, but I guess it was just es this time.

FF ate up this game's playerbase in Japan more than I thought.

Elaborate, please.

Have you ever considered playing other games?

damn you guys are weeabos

Better than being a complete gay like yourself.

It is very nice.
I bought the costume, it has fucking physics for the ears/flexible horns. They wiggle when walking or jumping. 10/10

I wish it looked like the concept art so I didn't have to look at that hideous realistic sadininian dragon face.

Tried out a XH run on a non-leet block and actually won in 18min. Most of his big attacks also stopped one-shotting me.

Why is modern SEGA so allergic to having their players experience failure?

are you saying that 2d>3d

You're putting the cart before the horse. It's not that Sega is allergic to having their players experience failure. Sega's players are allergic to having Sega let them experience failure. Episode 4's massive push to get more girls playing the game (dumbed down combat mechanics on summoner, cutesy pokemon-esque pets, commercials playing up the dress up, social, and non-combat content of the game, ect.) should have been a huge indicator of the fact that they want the money of people who don't usually play games, and they don't want to scare these people off by having challenge. They've outright said this on livestreams.

I feel like they already have the structure to deal with this though. With different mission types and gear tiers, it wouldn't be hard to have an ezmodo tier that you can upgrade every major update, and then a tier above for ultra hardmode shit that acts as a challenge for that group of players. You could even force some level of interaction between the two by making the ezmodo win resource part of the unlock for hardmode stuff, or by giving the hardmode players some good cosmetics to sell back to the dressup casuals. Easy bosses can be churned out and used to keep people busy while they work on the next, more complex boss. Nobody needs to breeze through every single boss/mission type

I think part of the problem is that the difference between super hard and extra hard is night and day. Mother and Deus drop jack shit on super hard (you're lucky to break even on your rare drop booster), and the only unique drops are their souls and factors, which only top affixers worry about. Revolutio and aura weapons are easy to get if you have a couple friends, but being 13*, upgrading them is a waste of precious lamda grinders. If you can't beat Deus on extra hard, you're stuck with a player shop nox weapon and saiki or xie units at best.

While I agree that SH/XH are like night and day,

You'll waste what, 10-20 at most? Assuming you're actually creating proper fodder for them to consume instead of just throwing every 10+*s you see drop into it. Upgrading a ring from 10-20 is going to cost more lambdas than that. I'm probably sitting on 100 or more lambda grinders now and I've only been playing for 3-4 months. Revolutio/Aura doesn't even require friends to get, since Aura (and to some extent Revolutio) can be gotten by just spamming the super hard level up quests.

In the end, these give you perfectly good weapons for tackling XH content. As for the souls and factors, depending on class the factors can also be a poor/lazy man's Modulator affix that is MUCH easier to obtain a lot of. The souls aren't amazing, but just getting 3 not-garbage affixes on whatever units you have (such as saiki) isn't that difficult. A ground Revolutio and a saiki/brisa set should be plenty to do XH.

While I don't want a horrible Naxxramus-like effect occurring where the devs are making content only 2% of people will see, at least let some of this higher content actually require more than showing up and being handed loot.

I must have broken Sega's spirit for them to not withhold the drop until 100% like usual.

>game where you can put 4 5 pairs of cat ears on yourself
You don't fucking say.

Because PSO is a casual franchise from get go. If you want challenge play something else.