Cranking up the FOV

What FPS games let you get FOV up to ~110+ other than Titanfall and Minecraft? I've recently noticed that I feel claustrophobic and almost as though I'm suffocating when playing games that have that shit locked to 75 or less.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view
mouse-sensitivity.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow, this is fucking depressing

most games without the setting let you do it win an .ini edit. just look it up on the gargler.

Cunny

Turok 2's re-release allows you to jack up the FOV to a crazy amount

Thank god there's a mod to fix this madness.

Talk to a doctor.

My right eye starts wigging the fuck out watching that video. When I close it though everything is fine. Why would one eye have an easier time?

What happens when you go to FOV 361?

Pretty sure FOV resolves to infinity or NaN at and above 180

Then THEY＀CAN＀SEE＀YOU

Serious Sam 3 and the HD versions go up pretty high, fitting with their awesome options menu.

A hell of a lot of them, though it typically needs changing in a config file or maybe a mod/hack.

You can go higher than 360 with the FOV mod for Halo, and it looks like you activated your warp drive and reality inverted itself as it got stretched out. Unplayable but good for a laugh.

I can say playing it is very different the watching it. The 180 degrees work great on 1080p 16:9 monitor. The 360 degrees though I had issues with where I was moving. You can get use too it after a little bit, but I don't think you will be "proficient" with 360 degree view after one sitting. 180 was perfect though. One of them was anyway. I don't know which mode was which, but one of them did that strage "sphere vision" if something got too close to you, the other one didn't.

Then you can see around corners.

What's human's FOV irl anyway?

185 degrees horizontal, 135 vertical.

i figure it's about 180 degrees

it would look weird on monitors because our eyes aren't flat surfaces and we focus on relatively small part when we look at something, the rest sits in peripherial vision

CoM for stalker lets you crank it up to about 6 gorrilion.

the game just chimps out basically

THat's cool

did you think about those numbers at all

Yeah, it's like you can see with the half of your head.

your horizontal field of view isn't 185

Which is it then?

like 115

you can crank fov to 180 in zdoom, it's not like it's very playable tho, but around 120 it's pretty good

I felt the same thing when I played Skyrim.
Trying to navigate dungeons there felt like you are wearing one of first diving suits.
Now I think about it Bioshock had similar problem.

Nigger, that's binocular vision.

your eyes have a monocular vision for your periphery but it's the difference between saying you have a field of view of 185 and your eyes send you a total of 185 degrees combined. It's not a good idea to use game terminology for how things like the human eye operates.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view
You know you could just google it.

If you can google anything, why imageboards are for then?

To call you a faggot.

Even the PC standard 90 fov is too small for me, I need it around 110 or it just feels wrong.

Wanna fuk

Hey, I heard you guys liked low nearly unplayable FOVs because we can't be assed to make a different version from the PS2.

The problem is that many games calculate FOV differently. For example, overwatch's fov of "103 degrees" is actually 103 horizontal FOV degrees and 70.53 degrees vertical FOV, whereas if you set your fov 103 in Quake Live it is actually 118.36 degrees of horizontal FOV and 86.63 degrees of vertical FOV, so your actual FOV is much higher in Quake.

Use this site to check what the equivalent of your sens and fov is in other games.

mouse-sensitivity.com/

That's not normal.

Why would you ever want to play with above 90 FOV?
Totalbiscuit said it's the best FOV.

He also voted for hillary.
So yeah.

What are you, a racist or something?

Using proper projection you can make it work. I'm looking into this for my own game.

It's survival PvP, so I want to make it hard to sneak up on someone. 185 FOV would make it work very well.

My favorite FOV is 90 due to Crysis.
My vision adapts perfectly to it and doesn't make the game a fucking tunnelvision piece of shit.

You will see forever
Everything that once was and will be will be revealed.
The ultimate truths, mankind's deepest secrets, the meaning of life, all will trickle in through this extra-dimensional extra degree. Worlds beyond imagination and comprehension will be within your grasp. Sentient clouds of debris and gas and the societies they built for themselves, the alternate worlds sparked by a diverging choice, even parallel universes that had laid themselves out for you in plain view, only to go unnoticed by the limitations of the human mind. Some small, as tiny as an ant, some greater, the size of mountains, and some several times larger than our observable universe.

But, beware not to set the FOV too much higher than 360. The forbidden fruits of knowledge can slowly and safety trickle down to your mind at +1 or +2 degrees, but too large and the knowledge might drive you mad. Even worse, something can slip through the crack and seize you. There are no benevolent forces or malevolent forces in the beyond, just an uncaring neutrality.

Someone has that tweet where his wife call him a dumbass for talking shit to her after she voted for TRUMP?

fov breaks when you hit 180 degrees, since then you'll end up with a zero division when calculating the perspective projection matrix.

Bumping for this.

This is like some kind of Lovecraft-creepypasta, and it's amazing.

now that was funny