What would a Mutualist society look like in practical terms?

What would a Mutualist society look like in practical terms?

Other urls found in this thread:

c4ss.org/content/12561
c4ss.org
theanarchistlibrary.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably much like our own except you'd be a lot more limited in what you could own beyond what you could use.

You cant own more than one dwelling area and it's size would be limited to what you could use in a realistic sense. No private property in terms of business so work would be about showing up and engaging with labor with whoever is there. I think mutualists advocate labor notes if I remember correctly so at the end of the work day someone would distribute those to you or maybe they would be given after some prearranged agreement.

Runescape.

like shit

Now this really makes me think

Everyone will lounge around in banks all day whilst screaming what they're selling or buying?

The later one with the market because computers or something.

It could easily compete with any capitalist systems.

Because it is a capitalist system.

A bunch of co-ops and self-employed people. Pollution is nearly non-existent because natural resources are held in common. Mutual banks and crypt-currencies keep people from falling into massive debt and poverty from predatory loans. There's just an all around higher standard of living, because competition still drives innovation but the benefits of the MoP are socialized.

Eventually competition forces automation and drives prices to near zero levels and full communism inadvertently forms from a freed market. We go on to explore space, and everyone gets gay married. The end.

c4ss.org/content/12561

So what happens when your coop fails or you're fired or any such nonsense?

Well you'd own your own dwelling, and there's nothing stopping you from growing your own food to survive. Plus a horizontal marketplace would probably have numerous more job opportunities than today, making unemployment and business failure nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

This also assumes Mutualism is the only system in existence. I'd assume post-revolution there will be societies practicing anarchist communism immediately, so there's nothing stopping you from joining a commune to completely avoid the possibilities of being fired/failure, etc, or even simply as a backup plan. But this also raises the question of "what if the commune failed?", and that's a possibility. There will always be failures, but this shouldn't drown out the possibility of success.

nowadays most mutualists see it as a transition into more left societies
The idea is instead of the capitalist exchange of private property for profits, it's exchange of personal property for mutual benefit

This, most commies forget that centrally planned production in their commune would be allowed if we live under anarchism

This doesn't really sound all that inspiring. Why would anyone fight and die for the right to have an almost identical society except the coops are your master now?

I really wanna get into Mutualism but books are so fucking expensive where I live.

Audio book links plz anyone.

Libriboxs has some nice books, or just try the pirate bay

GIB NAME

c4ss.org has articles, audio-books, pdfs, etc, all from a Carsonian Mutualist position.

Also theanarchistlibrary.org is pretty based

Proudhon, Carson, Tucker are the elemntaries fam

Book dumps coming

This sounds extremely disgusting.

damn son

Some did. For Proudhon, Kevin Carson and others; it's just money.

Bump so those pdfs are not lost

stopped reading there