Video Game Pet Thread

What are some of your favorite video game pets or animals? Also can include your favorite pet themed games like those old keychain handhelds people used to buy ages ago for their kids.

D-dog and the kavat and Helminth charger from warframe.

Ghost Trick is always the first game that comes to mind.

Skellies in D2. They count as pets, right

Same.

Virtual pets within games are pretty great when they bother to do them right. The Chao Garden was probably the best part of Sonic Adventure 2. And even though they're a lot less detailed, it's fun to collect cats in the new River City Ransom.

Also, here's an incomplete flash game with retarded little horse things.

For the excellent trolling opportunities of campers

Best pet

MMOs sometimes have useless pets to follow you around.
RO was quite funny, it allowed you to have cute girls following you.

Monster Tale mixes virtual pet elements with action platforming. Also speaking of pets, my cat just brought this huge rat into the house, proud of her tbh.

Well at least it's doing its job.

Considered looking into that for the DS, but I've NEVER found a complete copy where I live, and I'm not sure I was wanting to drop $25+ (including shipping) buying one online. Not real sure how much its up to these days and I'm not sure what demand is like at this point either, but either way it seems like it doesn't have the best availability. Either that, or people that did buy it tend to actually keep it.

That moon loli fucking ripped my shit up when I was trying to farm that area.

A cat should keep rats out of the house, not bring them in.

Yeah, she was very dangerous compared to the rest of the map.

I like world building, non or extremely low hostility creatures you can lead around or follow about, like the turtle leeches or pill bugs from EYE Divine Cybermancy

True, but if they're dead, then they're at least not coming into the building alive. Assuming that it actually killed it and didn't just bring it inside to torture and cover the floor with rat blood.

I remember the doing the cord pull hack on my digimon tamagochi, used to get the teddymon or a metal greymon. Battling at school was pretty fun.

I haven't gotten around to playing Ghost Trick yet. Are all those animals posted from just Ghost Trick?

This

No, only the first one. The second is from a tales of game, not sure about the other two though you should be able to find the third from the name Blanc.

Can I fuck that cat

No, the first is Missile from Ghost Trick. There's a a handful of animals throughout the game, ranging from house pets to vermin. Second image is Repede from Tales of Vesperia; the Imperial Knights train dogs to fight as companions in battle (using fang, claw, and knife wielded with the jaw), and he is VERY loyal to Yuri and quite intelligent for a dog. Blanca ("Blanc" in official art/Japanese name) is from Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and isn't exactly a pet, but a white wolf that has grown fond of Yuri (different character and series than the one before) and travels with him as a staunch ally; he's also smart enough to know how the Crest items work, and as such is just as much a mix of a physical fighter and caster as the rest of the party. Last one is Quickie, Meredy's pet in Tales of Eternia; some sort of blue rabbit/squirrel thing, and serves as both a cute mascot for the game (thankfully nowhere near as annoying as Mieu from TotA), as well as acting as Meredy's physical attacks in battle, as she can use her whistles to sic him on the enemy (admittedly not all that effective; Meredy is MUCH more designed around casting spells herself).

Also worth noting that in ToV, Repede pretty much has a passive bonus (so to speak) in that due to being a quadruped in a series that almost always has humanoid bipedal party members, his lower-than average hit box can avoid a good amount of horizontal attacks, as they can go right over his head.

Where the fuck have all the monster raising games went?

Pokemon has been my guilty pleasure for ever. I think my first game was Pokemon Blue.

Chao Garden was amazing to my little tard mind. Digimon World 1 was also good.

I think they're my fave genre, but even if I could make vidya, I'd never make one myself.

My first disc monster. Instantly loyal and good str/def

Disappeared right around when video games become irredeemable garbage.

Publishers decided it would be more profitable to rip off something besides Pokemon.

lets fix that the pets can have all sorts of cool effects in that game.

Even western devs continue to rip off or clone elements from games of the past. Like strategy games who can't seem to escape copying things Master of Orion 2 did.

If they really can't find it in themselves to be original, at least they have the decency to imitate the best.

Hopefully in imitating the best they don't soil the good name of the genre golden standards they're imitating. No one likes a crummy imitation.

Appreciate the info.

Digimon World 1, your partner digimon is essentially your pet

Hewie is a good boy.

do familiars, science projects and other characters of that kind count?
im talking things like fairies, demons, pokemon, midna.

i can not get over the secret of mana dog. hes everything youd expect in a dog.

Lizards

i dont like where this is going

This is actually from a French noir comic that uses anthropomorphism as a metaphor for the distinct American classes and for the sake of symbolism. If anything, it's more Mickey Mouse than yiff bullshit, and this particular page could be compared to a square stepping into an Italian mafioso pit.