Favourite relaxing games?

Favourite relaxing games?

Pic related, been loving Snake Pass for turning my brain off and relaxing when I get home from work.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17427719/Snake_Pass-CODEX
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17479809/Forza Horizon 3 [v1.037 + 10 DLC's]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to love hopping into GTA:O and driving around, but then I got banned for bypassing their jewish ways

Serious Sam TSE is pretty relaxing.
Serious isn't as hard as I thought, just don't get hit twice and learn that there's different weapon combos to use

I like Volgarr the Viking, finishing a level without getting hit or stopping feels awesome.

I fucking hate that people were making a viable alternative to GTAO and they shut it down super hard.

I got it and played a little but haven't played enough to the point like I can turn off my brain. Need more practice and just got a Steam controller to replace my old one that didn't even work with the game.
Aside from that, I sometimes go through the big collection of NES/SNES/N64/whatever ROMs and try a random game just to see how far I can get before I stop caring.
Are there any good games to wrap up and get cozy while playing? I usually liked the atmosphere of Square's SNES RPGs

Running through the early game DaS (any) is also very comfy to me at this point. Something very calming in the routine of it all

I was wondering where that went, not too surprised, just saddened.

The Talos Principle is mad comfy. That music, too.
Very serene. I could sleep with the game running in the background.

This is the first time I've seen someone mention the Steam controller since it was released. What's the verdict?

I thought the whole point of the Steam controller was that it worked with every game through user profiles.

the steam controller can play midi files.

Morrowind is my go-to comfy.

Physics and respawning shit made decorating in the later ES games so shitty, but in Morrowind it is bliss.

It looks like a cool game but all this talk about it in just about every youka-laylee thread feels just a bit like astroturfing

i hate that phrase. why dont you turn your brain off when playing games like ME:A?

Building and rebuilding after attacks by the aliens. Improving the efficency of my factories and seeing how much player agency I can take out of them by building giant innefiicnt rube goldberg machines and then destroying them just to build them back up better than they ever were before

BOTW is pretty comfy for me at the moment. Just wandering and exploring, solving little korok puzzles and collecting star fragments, it's nice.
Basically any game with a decent sense of exploration becomes comfy for me. Open-ish RPGs (that aren't Bethesda because they feel completely algorithmic) are my jam.

I'm probably to blame for that, sorry. I was the first one to mention it in a YL trash-fire thread and I guess other anons liked it and now associate it with that failure as a result. The David Wise/Grant Kirkhope connection probably helps too.

The only people that want to play ME:A already have their brain turned off.

Someone posted a video of it last month, before the Yooka-Laylee meltdown and I was waiting patiently for it to come out.
I'll happily do it for free with that game. It's comfy and what video games should be; a new twist on something we all know, not just generic rehash #200 of CoD or Minecraft.

that joke is gonna last as long as gamergate

I want a game where you can just drive around and look at gorgeous scenery. And fucking drive in the snow at night. I fucking love that. Euro Truck is close, but I hate semi handling. GTA V is kind of close (prettier scenery), but no snow options and obviously wholly imperfect.

Any games that let me do this?

I think the latest Forza Horizon game could scratch that itch but I don't think it's cracked and it's a DX12 game

My Summer Car. That one made by Finns where you get drunk and eat sausages(?). chop wood and slowly but surely build that car.

SNIFF. SNIFF. LICKS LIPS. SNIFF. CLICK.

I think it's something you really have to get used to. Even as I looked around at reviews in the past week before getting one, I noticed people who left lots of criticism and didn't really like it when it was newly released made new reviews months later saying that they grew on it and liked the flexibility, got used to the trackpads, etc.
Personally while I'm getting used to it, I like it. I don't think it'll be everyone's cup of tea since it is a bit more involved depending how custom you want to get with a game and setting or downloading control schemes up. I do wish it didn't require Steam running through to set it up for games though. Maybe a third party app or something somewhere works.

Might have wixed my mords. My old controller didn't work with Snake Pass. Steam Controller does though.

Oh nice, Volgarr is really fun. I suck at it though, never put the time in to get decent at it but maybe I should play it a bit more.

Oh cool, thanks for reminding me this game existed. I'm gonna try it out.

Morrowind is maximum comfy.

OP here. It's just a genuinely nice game with a nice feel good atmosphere going. And it has a pretty cool control scheme.

I guess there's no way to prove I'm not, but would an astroturfer recommend pirating it? Here's a link, cause tbh the $35 or whatever it is on Steam is pretty steep: thepiratebay.org/torrent/17427719/Snake_Pass-CODEX

I just like sharing good games that I enjoy.Try it out yourself for free

Have you tried Just Cause 3? The actiony stuff is cool and all, but I spent a large portion of that game just driving round the environments on random vehicles. That being said the handling and stuff is pretty arcadey so it's not good if you're looking for a sim-like experience.

Not relaxing but if you like a sim-like racing game then Dirt Rally is in my opinion the best there is. Lots of different types of environments in that too (including snow ofc).

Any driving game that gives you a world like a playground? Like be able to go off road with sports cars and go flipping if you hit a small hill. Just be able to do whatever.

My friend has been playing Beam.NG lately and the footage he uploads looks pretty much just like that. See attached.

Burnout Paradise, sort of. Just Cause 2 possibly 3 as well, but I've never played it, Far Cry 3.

Looks like it might be cracked, but all the comments (are probably retards) can't get it working.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17479809/Forza Horizon 3 [v1.037 + 10 DLC's]

I'll have to give it some more time; I found the driving to be stiffer than 2, but the game looks pretty good.

It's 20$. Short game I hear, but I don't think it's too unfair a price if it's your thing. Try before you buy and see if you can get into it.

If you see JC3 on sale, definitely get it. Flying around in the wingsuit is great. And the Air DLC gives you a jet-powered wingsuit, although I wouldn't recommend it for a first playthrough, or at least the first few hours.
The game's map is a bit same-y, but it's all built to swoop around and it pays off. And the rest of the game is basically just JC2 but slightly better, in general
You can also re-build bases and make them aggro again just for fun as long as you have an entire area taken over

By the time the XL edition goes on sale for ~$15, I'll probably have gotten around to building a new PC that's actually capable of running it. My 670 and 3570k aren't cutting it anymore for high-end vidya.

Oh it's a pretty hungry game so yeah, you're definitely better off waiting. It's not as cleanly optimized as JC2 was, or at least it wasn't when I was playing it

Far Cry 2 is probably the most authentic Dakar game ever made.

Well, that user specifically asked for open world driving games, and FC2 kind of shits all over that with the constant respawning checkpoints with literal mario kart rubberband physics for enemy vehicles, as well as the driving being worse.

If you own a PS4 go out and buy dragon quest builders. its a minecraft type of comfy with a good aesthetic, but plays like a combination of dark cloud, the sims, and 2D zelda.

base building, exploration, qt characters and enemies, farming, fishing,… ultimate comfort. you can sink hours into the game making your home base pretty, watch people populate it and use the town you created, sleep in the beds and houses you build for them. use kitchens and dining areas, as well as defend from attackers.

Did they patch in multiplayer and not having to start over after you clear each area?

Am I the only one in this thread who has never heard of this fucking snek game?

Builders is just a mediocre Minecraft clone with added busywork.

its actually more of an action rpg than anything. its more like dark cloud than minecraft.

no. but it does have "sharing"

you want them to patch having more than 1 stage? how is this a complaint? would you prefer having 1 long level? then go play infinite mode

That shit about blocking the exe with a firewall necessary?

It has fuck-all to do with Dark Cloud. It's a Minecraft clone that doesn't hold up to the game it rips off.

Ah, it's set at $35 in NZ. If companies didn't try to fuck me over all the time with price gauging I might actually purchase some games instead of pirating them.

Well now you have.

Uh, don't think so. I've not done any of that shit and it works fine for me. I just copied the crack files over.

NaissanceE. I just love the cold, dark, bleak atmosphere. There's hardly any pressure except for the few platforming bits (understandably criticized but really not so hard), what few puzzles there are tend to be minimal and intuitive.
The sights, the ambience, the mystery & oddities all make me happy when I'm engrossed in it.

Bloodbowl 2 oddly enough. I loved legendary edition, but starting a new team just for chaos edition seemed like too much effort so I never really did it. Also chaos edition runs fucking terribly on my pc for some reason, and the dicerolls/percentages for success of various actions e.g. passing, throwing, interception are more apparent in 2.

you've never played dark cloud. minecraft is trash.

does that sound like minecraft to you? and that describes both dark cloud and dragon quest builders. i dont know how you can be this retarded, even the demo showed this to be the game's core.

That looks neat. not 13 euro neat though.

Of the nugames i've played recently; fishing in Near A tomato is comfy as hell.

my nigger

Has the PC version been fixed yet?

Zeus master of Olympus.

i haven't seen any new updates so probably not, i'm sorry user.
personally i haven't ran into any major issues using an nvidia card and borderless gaming.