Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 coming to PC

OH SHIT NIGGA

also there's over 5,000 new lines of voice over dialogue for those who liked the dub.

dualshockers.com/2017/04/07/trails-of-cold-steel-pc/

This game looks pretty disposable what can you tell me about it to convince me otherwise?

It's a very solid JRPG, give it a pirate when it comes out. and if you like it then buy it since the choices you make in the game transfer over from game one to game two.

But yeah Falcom never makes disposable shit, they're masters of their craft.

That's cute.
But is the gameplay good?

Is this as horribly paced as Trails in the sky? I remember someone telling me that at some point. I played through TiTS and it was easily one of the most boring games I've ever played not to mention the shitty cliffhanger. I don't even want to talk about the gameplay because honestly there's fuck all to talk about.

Have you taken the brownpill yet matey?

okay

N0ICE

Is it better than TiTS FC? That one was complete and utter shit. Like, is this one's combat system less of a slog? I could barely bear to play the first one after 6 hours and forced myself to play a bit longer in hopes it gets better, but it didn't.

Also, does anything happen in the first hours of this one? I've played 10~ hours of TITS FC and absolutely nothing happened, characters kept being boring and combat was absolute shit, so I did the only reasonable thing and stopped playing. Is it better in any of those areas? I'd seriously like to give it a chance because I love Falcom for Ys and the Xanadu was good too, but TiTS FC was the worst fucking jRPG I've ever played by a big margin.

it's much better.

I put in a significant amount of progress into the game on PS Now

I'm probably gonna replay it on PC anyway

Fine, I believe you. I will buy this one, though since they say Summer this year and they're Xseed, it'll probably be on PC early 2018 anyway

It's Xenogears pretending to be a Persona 3/4/5 clone.

Oh shit nigga, and TitS 3rd coming May 3rd? I need to finish SC already.

So does that mean the third game is coming to PC then? because god damn being PS4 exclusive is fucking infuriating.

Seems inevitable, especially since every other major Falcom release recently has.

Its just more spoken dialog

And playable Bleublanc.

Good thing xseed is porting to pc after the whole cucking drama

Source?

What?

Heres a hint; First 2 games are ps3/ vita, third is ps4 exclusive.

My dad works at XSEED. JK everyone at XSEED is a KHV NEET.

When NISA and Aksys got the translations from Ys 8 and Tokyo Xanadu instead of XSEED and the chicks at XSEED cried like bitches on twitter.

Worse, in that - rather than being just poorly paced - the pace of ToCS is boring as fuck and never breaks from it's formula of "School Activities - Social Hour - Haunted Mansion Mission - Field Mission", right up to the final mission. Further, the entire story is basically just stage dressing for the development of later installments. The characters themselves are, in typical anime fashion, not so much characters as they are variations on standard character types which are apparently a requisite for high-school anime. It's not AS offensive as it is in other slice of life anime games, but it's still definitely paint-by-numbers.

I seriously had to fight to stay awake through the last few chapters, and the only reason I put up with it is because like a dumb goy, I bought the game for $40 on Holla Forums's recommendation.

Also, best girl is a lesbian. Which, I guess disqualifies her for best girl.

He probably means NISA localizing the next Ys game despite XSEED being the ones who got Ys to its current niche popularity.

Is it gonna have nip audio?

Undubs are a thing

Ok so XSEED is too cheap to license the original audio, guess I'll be waiting for a mod then.

I already beat both some time last year. I'm afraid Falcom won't get my money twice and they didn't deserve it the first time.
Also:
Who did they pay to get this done? Does Marvelous Japan do contract work for their own subsidiary?

WORST

Where are the modders going to get the gook audio?

I'm not surprised.

It can be extracted from the PS3 version.

It's more like Xseed ported some Ys to PC and it sold like cupcakes due to steam sales and that was convincing enough to port everything over. It actually astound me that it wasn't done sooner as steam is a goldmine.

No they didn't port any of those Ys games. They were on PC to begin with.

They ported something. TiTs maybe?

No, they did not port anything. You should be more familiar with Falcom's software catalog before saying stupid shit.

They introduced the falcom games to Steam. Which was a good decision.

Is it actually called something of Cold Steel?
I always thought it's a franchise fans' in-joke referencing how edgy it is.
Is it even edgy?

Yes, Trails of Cold Steel or in jappo Sen no Kiseki (Miracle/Trails in the Glint/Flash) is its actual name.
Nope. It's less edgy than the other two sub-series in Trails, as well.

All trails of games are boring as fuck and tales of tier generic in terms of design.

Don't believe the falcom cult, having a general to worship a corporation isn't normal.

Xseed couldn't find a way to translate sen and have the name flow nicely, so they named it after the first battle theme, the glint of cold steel, instead.

They should've named it Trails of Shadow

That's the opposite of what the title means. Sen means "the light that shines off a blade."

each remake is better than the last one :^)

Trails of Shining Steel?

That sounds gay. Cold Steel is memorable.

Trails of Cold Steel the hedgeheg is even more memorable.

more like memeorable

Memory and meme have the same root word so the pun doesn't work.

Not even remotely, you think so many people would like it if it were?

Being edgy is the "safest" thing in the market right now. Being unabashedly idealistic and sincere goes against the grain.