What's the point of advertising your car in a game only kids and neets will play?

What's the point of advertising your car in a game only kids and neets will play?

What's the point of advertising your car using a promotion from a franchise only kids play?
Because it's targeted at young adults looking for cars you fuckwit.

Mario Kart is casual as fuck tho

Yep, that. The ads are targeted at millennials.

Mercedes is the shit though.

Whats the point of Birdo hes not evem a yoshi haha?

I wonder how Birdo's "eggs" smell like.

haha

There is none, but advertisers have to pretend they're worth their salary.

I don't know, but Beetle Adventure Racing was great.

Parents play Mario Kart with their kids too.

You niggers don't even know. This game was so good.

You're talking about it aren't you?

There are other kind of games?

To create future customers. Introduce kids to your brand and when they grow up they maybe will suconciously trend towards buying your car over the competition's.

Considering how popular the wii was with normals I'd say they probably thought it would get a huge audience. It still sold 8 million copies.

Because the kids that are playing it will be imprinted to Mercedes and want one when they can drive.

Kids are impressionable.
They'll grow up and associate Mercedes with all the fun times they had as a kid playing Mario Kart with their friends.

Real time reflections on the vehicles.

Statistically nerds make more money than normalfags so it seems like a logical place to advertise a luxury car.

You know that's not true. Fucking everybody plays Mario Kart, and 8 sold millions of units. Most importantly, parents (who buy cars) play these games with their kids.
From a marketing standpoint, t's not about making your brand look cool, it's about recognition. Nobody is going to buy a car and thinks "Oh hey, that's the one from Mario Kart. I want to drive the car that Mario drives." It's that somebody who is buying a car will see that car and recognize it. Humans love recognizing things, it's part of our basic survival instincts. It's the same reason that memes and reference humor gets so popular, because you naturally get a rush of endorphins just by seeing something you know.
Either way, you see that car and recognize it because you saw it in Mario Kart. Most likely, you don't even remember seeing it in Mario Kart, but the recognition happens nonetheless, and you are more likely to buy that car because you have a good feeling about it and you don't know why.

This is why advertising works in the first place, and it's a proven phenomenon. If you need to buy something and you have a bunch of shit in that category that you don't recognize, and one in that entire group that you do recognize, you're more likely to go with the one you know. This happens because it's more likely, evolutionarily, to be a "safe bet". That is to say, if you recognize it, you probably experienced it before without it killing you, so it's going to possibly be safer than the things you don't recognize. It's from the old days when humans had to find everything they ate and hope it wasn't poison. Think pre-language. Advertising frequently tries to associate their brand with happiness, but the vast majority of the job is just making you recognize the brand in the first place.

this was more fun than gran turismo on the psx.

They showed an hypersexualized princess peach, shitlord.

You can't pass the last place online.

But no one bought the fucking game, we are waiting until its relaunch on the Switch.

Nintendo is just as retarded as its playerbase, more news at 11.

I don't know if this is gay or not.

Hey, that's pretty informative. Thanks.

This game was the shit. There was even a special edition released in Aus called HSV Adventure Racing which replaced the Beetles with Holden V8 supercars.

Are you retarded? The Wii U version had Mercedes cars in it and the game sold amazingly, despite the Wii U's tiny install base.

There's a reason they call advertising the dark side of psychology. It takes the basic principles humans have used for millennia to survive in the wilderness and uses them to make us like and buy useless shit, Mercedes cars included.

While that's really informative, I think the perspective OP is coming from is that I doubt anyone present could afford a Mercades regardless of our subconscious affinity for the brand being effected by marketing.

I really don't see wii owners purchasing expensive vehicles.

Good point. I wonder, do the vehicles have any actual stats? Or is it just copy paste from another kart?

Brand recognition.
If you ever saw Truman Show, it's the same concept.

Maybe it never occurred to you that Nintendo isn't marketing their games solely for children?

After all, you'll see more 6-12 year olds line up for the next Call of Duty game than a Super Mario game, because only children would think that "real-world realism" and a mature military-themed shooter make for a great game.

I'm guilty of the same thing, too. Ask me in 1995 when I was 7 years old what was a better video game between Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Mortal Kombat 3, and I would have told you MK3 because not only because blood and gore automatically made it a better game in my eyes, but the whole MK series was blatantly marketed towards children through animated TV shows along with the movie that released that year.

So yeah, if you think that anything featuring brightly-colored cartoony characters must be marketed exclusively at children, you're generally wrong.

Correct, most children are tryhard faggots that try to act "grown up" by wanting to play Cowadoody: Same As It Ever Was nonstop. As if any self-respecting adult would play that piece of shit.

You should know by this forum there are some very loyal nintendo fans who are not children per se.

this
/thread

They aren't marketing it to adults, they're marketing it to children. Only children and autists will play it.

Children play shitty mario games, children and normalfags play cowadooty. How hard is it to understand?

Mario Cunny 8

/thread

Probably, you will always lose if go online driving that shit.

It's the entirety of advertising.

each one is just a reskin of another kart

Child detected.

There's only like 6-8 unique stats for each part category, with the rest being reskins, last I checked. (Probably much less for parachutes/wings) The idea is to give you some reasonable choice as to what your vehicle looks like.

This.
Kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

brand exposure to future customers
the goal is to try and invade everything in sight until you cant possibly escape from some fucking involuntary recognition of their shitty products

i think it has more to do with peer pressure and wanting to be able to make decisions such as when to go to bed or what to eat and having money than actually wanting to actually be an adult.

if a kid catches their parents doing taxes theyll realize its essentially just a lot of homework and scare them straight. and if they feel that edgy/mature things are just a cheap marketing tactic they might turn their back on it.

Lexus > Mercedes tbh

Sorry, I don't see Corollas with superior Lexus V8 Engines. Enjoy your shitty German-made Inline-4s champ

It's called the nag factor. They advertise a product to be as enticing to children as possible in hopes that the kids annoy their parents into buying their car/cereal/toy/etc. Advertisers have been doing it for years and it works like a charm.

They do this shit with toys all the time.

I had a friend as a kid when I (and him) were about 8 years old.
He was super into cars, liked "need for speed" and all those car games, knew the names and technical stuff about lots of different cars. I never got the appeal of it.
Irony is that he didn't liked cartoony race games like mario kart since they weren't realistic enough for his car kink.

You loss when you bought the game.