ITT: we talk about games series that were treated like shit and/or deserved better

>First game was important to Sony because it was the first game to use of the dualshock controller.

Are you ever going to stop crying over Ape Escape?

No

Seriously it's been a thread every three days for months now. If anything, I'm beginning to suspect a new one is coming out fairly soon and he's trying to astroturf some nostalgia to prime the market.

I swear you talk about this weekly, it's probably never coming out, Sony is a business they want to make money, "interactive" films are the buzz right now.

We know Sony astroturfs but I doubt they'd come here to do it, then again there are many larger websites where they don't need to do it since they've hit peak penetration.

i wish that was the case

Dude we get shilled constantly, don't be fucking naive. XSEED fucking cultivates the falcom threads, most obviously.

I don't read falcom threads

Silent Hill.
I don't need to say any more.

Or almost any Konami series

Fam.

Fallout

Another series with 3 top-tier games. Games that "deserved better" are good games with no good sequels, which is fucking most of them. Posting games that got 300% or more good sequels than most other games are not games that "deserved better".

Yep, Get the fuck out of here with your failure of a marketing

Rest, rest, sweet prince. You deserved so much better.

The user who's saying those series "got it good" isn't me.

And why would anyone shill a product by mentioning bad decisions from the company they're shilling for?

Jagged Alliance, never played 1 but I heard it's really good while 2 is amazing, then the series laid dormant until back in action came out, along with that online one that sucked dicks. Haven't really looked at the new one, Back in Ass was so bad I don't want to feel that pain again.

This is also a damn fine example, can't believe I forgot about it. Blood is so damn good, but I couldn't enjoy the sequel (dunno if it's related to this man's involvement in it, he should honestly steer clear of anything that isn't an RTS)

The characters below look like they're using the same model but with few differences.

I heard there was a russian guy who could be working on a Blood source port.
Not sure if he's still doing it.

He is. It's called gdxBlood. He also made a pretty accurate Blood TC for eDuke32.

Cool

I dunno what the fuck they were thinking, the mercenaries were the flesh and blood of Jagged Alliance, yet they botched them completely.

It's a time lapse of a one guy growing his hair.

Don't know how he managed to fuck up Blood 2 so badly. The shooting is shit, the level design is shit, there's basically no variety in enemies, and the one liners are worse than Gex.

Wow, really makes me think :^)

This industry needs to be burnt to the ground.

The reboot was simply titled "Thief" because they wanted to steal your money.

I will never stop being salty about this.

Fucking obligatory.

The reason they do this is because most games journos/casuals have never played Theif and know nothing about it. So the company says "it's true to the original!" and the journos google the original and see superficial similarities. It's first person. It's dark. Theres a bow and arrow. And tell everyone of their readers "it's true to the original!" Their readers then google the original and see the similarities and assume it's true.

The really egregious thing is when they do it with a relatively recent franchise. Like all the ME/DA games after the first ones. When it's a timespan of a few years, and journos/casuals STILL get suckered in by this obvious BS.

Reposting that classic

Speaking ot bringing a series back to its "roots", i heard DR4 was having some upcoming DLC with "Frank" coming back.

Yeah it's Franck dying and then becoming a zombie and then not being quite dead so he has to find an antidote or some shit. Looked at the beggining of a longplay but didn't watch it all for obvious reasons.

Dead Rising 4 was so fucking painful, and I wanted to give them a chance since the E3 reveal trailer didnt make me as angry as DR3's but it was worse as a game.

I hate it.

I watched a streamer play it and it was so dull. At least there are two endings this time with
and
In text only.

You're right about everything, but you've only scratched the surface of what is shit about DR4.

I've assumed it is the same user each time because of the style of the posts, but I don't mind. I'm willing to humor him and his love of ape escape.

It wasnt even that when I played DR4, it was just so generic. They took everything unique about the series and stripped it all away.

Street Fighter and Resident Evil botb deserve to be treated better.

Blame Normon Sirotek having no fucking idea how to run Sirtech after splitting with his business partners.

Cleve Blakemore told crazy stories about when he was a contractor for them. Nobody believed them, because they were bizarre stories that made Cleve out to the be the only competent one and Cleve is super crazy. Years after Cleve told these stories some guy sold a huge stash of Sir-Tech documents and they proved that every single thing Cleve said about Sir-Tech was true.

I remember playing the demo for the first game and just being amazed at the destruction and wondering what games would be like in the future, we all know how that turned out. Wish my hueg's DVD drive was still functional so I could hack it and play all the games I missed and replay all the games I loved.

I remember playing so many games, Dungeon Keeper, Morrowind, Thief, etc. hundreds of different games in different genres, and at the end of each of them I thought "wow, the future is going to be great!"

If I could go back in time and tell myself hte future would be worse than the games that came before I'd probobly have stopped playing games then and there.

are you fucking kidding me with that shit? you really think that an assfaggots made from the legacy of Kain series as a cheap cash grab because they fucked up making a true sequel really fucking deserve any kinda respect when the devs behind it showed none towards the ip it was shitting on what so ever and did nothing but ignore any of the actual fans when they were interviewed the wormy fucking kikes

the game its self wasn't even that good, the balance was no where to be found and the only people who played were hackers using the esport scene as a means of profits production while the game farm their whales with shitty skins and awful everything else

get cast into the the lake of the dead like the traitor you are

Is it that hard to find? I should have a copy of it in storage assuming my parents didn't toss it.

I could probably go to one of the many sites on the internet and order them but back then I went through loads of shops never finding it.

Want me to post download links for both of them?

I'm fine, thanks for the offer though.

PLAYER TWO STILL HAS NO REMATCH OPTION
IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR

No bro, don't you know? Metroid had atleast 3 good games. :^)

I wonder how well Metroid would have been treated if Gunpei had lived, maybe Other M wouldn't have been such shit and Federation Force wouldn't have been released.

I wonder if Metroidfags were as annoying in the N64/late GB/GBC generation, when they got no Metroid game at all.

I couldn't blame them, of course.

Gunpei was kinda on his way out of the company shortly before he was dead so chances are he wouldn't have had his hands involved in metroid at that point.

Still, who was the brains who kept slapping Sakamoto's shit during the creation of the prequel manga? holy shit, him alone would have probably saved the fucking mess that Other M became.

was fun while it lasted.

Pick one, any of them. Any of them deserved better than this. All of them deserved better than this.

They can't keep getting away with it.

im never going to stop crying over video games and life

Don't forget that the journoshills wouldn't even give them (or at least Otogi 2) much coverage because they didn't feel the readers gave enough of a shit to warrant more.

IE: "It's good, but who the fuck gives a shit about it out here?" Also doesn't help matters that the games don't work with the 360's partial OG Xbox compatibility.

They're not especially easy to find, but thankfully demand for most Xbox HUEG games is relatively low and thus where I live, they don't get above $20 each when they do show up. Though, even $20 is a tad high compared to most Xbox games.

It's especially embarrassing considering EGM's review of the first game was one of big influences on me going out to buy it, and that review only got like a third of a page or something. Granted once I'd played the first I didn't need a big review of the second to clue me into its existence since I was already hunting down all the info I could find about it on I guess what would have to have been GameFAQs at the time, but still.

a lot of people underestimate how big of newbies retro were. the studio was new but it was literally staffed by the key staff behind the first metroid style FPS game, system shock.

I don't have a HUEG myself yet (a friend might still have one though), but after hearing about them from anons, I've considered picking them up if I see them locally in good, complete shape, especially since when I've seen them no one has been asking much for them at all. Not having access to the system to play them itself (and them not working backwards compatibly) has kind of kept them low priority for me though.

Unfortunate how many worthy games have slipped through the cracks of general awareness and done really badly here, either due to improper marketing, very low shipments, or poor release timing. Makes me thankful for anons having clued me into a lot of stuff I'd have missed out on in the past (or had I started going elsewhere than imageboards for the last decade).

overestimate*

if you're getting a classic xbox, which you should it's incredibly cheap, it is a tremendous console and is oozing with absolutely amazing games.

It certainly had a lot of games that were really enjoyable at the time, though who knows how many of them would hold up if I went back and played them today. I think some like JSRF and Crimson Skies are probably pretty timeless but I imagine I'd probably get real bored of the Mechassaults.

considering panzer dragoon orta is the last game of its kind, steel battalion is the only game of its kind, gauntlet dark legacy still hasn't been surpassed, and thps2x exists, I think the platform is already offering quite a lot to experience uniquely on it.

I've tried compiling a bit of a personal list of stuff that's of interest to me to warrant a purchase, and I know the system's moddable to be able to run games off a drive like you can do with a fat PS2, but so far I just haven't gotten to it yet. How well do those old Xbox HUEGs hold up as far as sustained usability goes?

Doesn't Orta also include PD1 as well, or did I perhaps hear wrong?

Orta does indeed include Panzer Dragoon 1, based off the win95 port, capable of running at 480p.

I personally prefer the saturn original since it still has unique rendering features due to how the game was programmed specifically for the saturn and its absurd shit like infinite redundant layers and other insane techniques used to pull off crazy visuals (plus 240p looks awesome) – but - the Orta packaged PD1 is still a great way to play one of the all time greatest rail shooters.

F.E.A.R.

The series should have ended after Extraction Point tbh.

They should have made a squeal that takes place in the same universe with similar tone and also involves F.E.A.R. but doesn't involve the story of the first game in any meaningful way.

Yeah, F.E.A.R. was supposed to be tacticool X-files so making it some other case they were involved in could have been good.

WE

Holy shit, that fucking faggot can't get away with this.

Any and everything under Capcom.

Be happy Square hasn't done anything more with Legacy of Kain.