Why aren't there any video games based completely around griefing?

Why aren't there any video games based completely around griefing?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because to grief you need a community and a community wholly centered around griefing is unsustainable?

But user dark souls exists

The closest thing I can think of is certain minecraft servers that don't have badmins or claim plug-ins.
as said, it is unsustainable so a game based around griefing sadly wont work forever.

A neat idea I had on a game about griefing would be a Satin Bowerbird simulator where players have to try and hoard blue objects and fend off people trying to take them in their own nest, sort of like what The Epic Quest for Mighty Loot had going before it shat the bed with micropayments up the arse.

The Deception games are sorta like that.

Because to do any griefing you need to have players who both aren't there for griefing and are unaware that other players are there for griefing until the griefing is done.

Wizardry online used to be. No restrictions to PK even in instance dungeon in your own party.
I believe everyone hated it for this, even though it was the main feature of the game.

If Factorio has PvP servers I'd imagine the game would be ripe for griefing. Mainly because fixing shit wouldn't be a hassle with blueprints.

Would Zombie Master count? If you never played it was a Half-Life 2 mod where one player has to hinder & generally fuck over the rest of the players using traps & zombies.

What about a game centered around shitting on the player?

Shadowbane had that as well.

I used to hang out as a thief near common grind camps and steal the people's loot, especially if there was another thief in their party. I don't know how many times the party realized something was missing, turned on the thief and ended up killing each other down to one last member I'd assassinate, then loot the entire party's several hours' worth of loot.

sometimes I feel guilty about that now

I had a griefy-ish playstyle to Trouble in Terrorist Town on gmod. I basically just did the "Fuck with your head" type of trolling that would put everyone on tilt. The server I use to play on was chill as fuck, but I gaurentee'd I'd get banned on some new shitkid server if I pulled those tactics out.

I wish you could still bluescreen people's computers on 67thWay but it seems they updated the engine.

That was like Dead Rising meets Bayonetta

Is it good? I like to get my shit kicked in every once in awhile

Space Station 13

Most people on DS are all about Muh Honor.
Why do you think Miyazaki made invasions fucking unbearable in DS III?

Wasn't griefing the basis of every multi-player early access zombie crafting survival game?

gid gud scrub

Nothing beats propkilling with magnetostick. Admins can't catch you without actually seeing you do shit.

Just because some fags care about muh honor does not mean you have to, just invade someone and pull out whatever asshole tactics you want.

You say that but nearly every server has some kind of auto-report function thrown in your face when you die; it's gotten so bad that the few times I have tried to play after the good friends roleplay group died again that I'm routinely slain after Traitor rounds or when I kill a traitor who misses their first shot.

It doesn't help that the few rules-lite servers I've found are unanimously filled with faggots empowered by daddy's credit card that just kill you en-masse and reset their own karma.

Imageboards are slightly different.

Lords of the realm 2 had griefing based strategies,

You could take a cheap merc unit, invade your neighbor, slaughter villagers, destroy mines/forrestry operations and destroy crops/cows.

Keep it up and their standing army gets ousted from the castle and you can just slaughter them instead of laying seige.

The whole point of Eve Online is to be the biggest sociopathic backstabbing two-faced space kike motherfucker out there.

I take it you never played APB

The thing is it's not challenging, it's just bullshit. You're meant to be killed over and over again by things you could never see coming, only to fall into another trap while trying to avoid the first one.
It goes on sale for real cheap but you should just pirate it since it's only good as a novelty

And that's why the have opt-in setting to allow backstabbing now.

Same shit people are saying about Gmod. It was good fun, but the community has become SEVERELY anti-fun. SS13 hasn't been good for years.

I legitimately believe that this is one of the best games ever made (at least if you aren't playing with retarded children)

any of the early access survival games with multiplayer would fall into this category. There are probably close to a hundred of them now and you only need a handful of victims to make it work.

Retarded children are the core of griefing.

post grief videos, please

Ultima Online prior to Renaissance was the definitive griefing game as there was so little structure that griefing was as close as you could come to a purpose.
It had a huge RP community that were prime victims and everyone back when these were still called MMORPGs played at least a little bit in character. That's the game that gave you the term "griefing". I was there for it and it was magical.

Rust

They can eat a box of dicks regarding Deception 4.

Dark Souls? The online part anyway.

That sounds a lot like how SS13 was in the early days. Good times.

you mean on an imageboard that forked from another imageboard due to infighting

The users weren't the problem, it was the hotpockets just like in most MMOs.

I used to play tgstation but it's just a try-hard shithole currently. It's like people are only just now realizing its problems. Been trying the Colonial Marines server lately and while it's fun in practice it has a lot of shortcomings that the admins refuse to address and the special snowflake cliques are powerful.

Any fucking competitive multiplayer game is exactly that, what are you on about?
Go play some starcraft or street fighter.
Or dota if you want to grief yourself.

I remember Operation Flashpoint had a thing called "Base Raping" that people looked down upon where you flew a jet towards the opponent's base and just shot at it and threw missiles at it destroying all their shit. People HATED it.

That became a custom game mode and it was great. First one to completely wreck the other persons shit won. I think that was one of the first game modes born completely out of griefing.

pretty spooky music/ambience tbh

Does Magicka counts as a griefing game? Heck, can any game with Friendly Fire toggle qualify as a griefing game?

Rust was really good for this, I used to play on a server with some friends and we'd start off by clearing out a cave and turning it into a hard to penetrate base. Then we'd run around naked besides a leather gimp mask and set up ambushes. It's really fun to chase down other players and kill them for their meat while chanting "meat! meat! meat!" the entire time.

Ark is also pretty good for this since everything takes hours to do and can be easily fucked up by other players.

No thanks I don't like the sounds of toned down pigs.

This.
Colonial marines was a hoot and a half though, some people are great actors.

CM's admin is the kind of faggot that bans anyone not having his flavour of fun.
He regularly shits on other servers then shills his own server, and bans anyone that doesn't play the game 100% as he wants it to be played, resulting in stale matches a fair bit.

He also went around doxxing some 16 y/old Ukranian for posting a CP pasta that triggered him.

so basically you're a pussy who got owned on the server and now you're butthurt about it

lol what a bullied lil victim bitch

Honestly, if the best way you can think to grief in SS13 is by building swastikas you kinda deserve a ban. Low effort faggots with zero creativity deserve to be culled.

8ch.net

You where the ultimate Jew.
Also,
Why live lads?

There are several types of player

This guy understands that he is playing a game, and wants to win that game for whatever reason. He relys heavily on meta tactics to smash down casual players that don't even realize there is a meta

Just in it for the fun of it. Really just wants to check out whatever the latest cool thing is and will probably discard it within a week if not a month Cant understand why competatives are always stomping the shit out of him. They're probably hacking

This type of player really only wants a comfy space to fuck around/ adventure in. They want to play the role and feel like they're really there. Dislikes weird glitchy meta gamers who break the immersion and remind them it's just a fucking game.

Thrife mostly on pissing people off by doing whatever game breaking exploits possible to utterly dominate other players or just generally prevent them having fun. All for the luz.

If you eliminate all players except griefers, the griefers are not bored because they only have fun if they're pissing off people who take the game seriously in some way. Which is a thing griefers do not do.

Essentially griefers are parasites.

This reminds me of the time I fucked up Holla Forums's Minecraft Server, not long ago. Good times.

I really have to proof read this shit.

Can we have those 'opt-in settings' in real life too?

Does this guy have extreme autism?

I dunno, like >implied, if a website can exist primarily on thousands of trolls trolling trolls, why can't a game?

But people are discussing the topic in this very thread, you donut. The term trolling would be meaningless if everyone was only ever shitposting.

Light cannot exist without dark.

Looking at "trolly" games like DayZ, Rust, or SS13, it seems like the killer problem ultimately isn't "too many wolves, not enough sheep", but faggot mods.

We be shopping carts nao.

There's an "e" missing, limey.

Wait i thought that was what all those Day Z games were about?

Playing as infected in L4D versus is probably the closest thing to a game that requires you to grief other players.

This admin was taking the piss.

Have you ever played DayZ, OP? The game is based on the fact you can ruin others' experiences if they're trying to get better at the game. It's how the US will turn out when SHTF, all the niggers and aspie kids from the hills will kill innocents for lols and like shoot women in the cooter just for laughs.

you should really look up what the first two letters of that acronym mean.

People enjoy griefing? Why? It gets to the point where the only counterplay is to log off until they leave, and that's no fun at all.

All roleplaying is live action because it all happens in real life.

The video game character on the screen isn't role playing. It's you. You're the one playing the role.

I'm just being a shit. Please don't argue with my bullshit semantics.

What about Mario Party and Mario Kart?

For you.

Nah. Even 3 years ago they had a way to detect that. That's not even including all the fixes.

Soldner had a similar issue where people could just camp the base spawns with tanks, fucking up people before they could grab any gear to defend themselves. The only way of dealing with it is by having a fuckhuge spawn armor timer but since it doesn't turn off on firing it makes bullshit stalemates during the endgame when you're supposed to attack the base.

This is amazing.
I salute you user.

Most of those cancerous .io games are

UO pre Ren truly was the best game ever. That was something you could really call a sandbox because they put tools in the game so you COULD scam and be a total asshole.

Galad was one of the funnest people to be around with his antics. Looters Lair is has some of the shit he did, but a lot of it was lost sadly.

That's actually a p. good idea for a single game

I really was. I was like level 30 since that's all I did so I never gained xp, but I bankrolled my entire guild's fortress with stolen gains. I constantly abused everyone and they would threatened to kick me then I'd dump 40 million gold into the coffers and they'd let me call them faggots again. Good times.

user, please let me be your disciple

:^(

What are
You literally warp into peoples' games just to fuck with them and murder them.

Sociopath Simulator 9000. You're in it for the long con, and the point of the game is to screw everyone over and get the last laugh.

The missions are designed solely around fucking people up and stealing their shit.

Hello?

This game is rife with people who can't distinguish their 'Second Life' from their real life. The furs, faggots and degenerates in this game deserve to be bullied, griefed, and scripted to hell and back.

Seriously, if you have to ask these questions, OP, then you are shit at making peoples' lives miserable.

it's meh you're going to use stupid builds or cheat to fuck with people

too much effort

Game punishes you for killing other players as well as has counter-measures to keep you from stealing PC cars

Gmod is a padded cell. There are so many anti-cheating/griefing systems in place it's not even funny. Coupled with that most servers now have 6 admins on at any time and/or VIPs with the ability to kick or ban pretty much expect to be banned from a server the moment you do anything that the admins don't like.

eh

The problem with griefing is now it's more or less ruined with people trying for that E-fame bullshit.I pretty much grief now with a buddy of mine in CS:GO Comp and it gets good reactions

Crawl is entirely designed around 4 people fucking each other over. It's a 1v3 crawler where 1 guy runs around trying to make his way through the dungeon while the other 3 play as ghosts possessing traps and summoning monsters to control and kill the 1 guy. When one of the ghosts kill the guy, they become they're resurrected as another guy in his place and resumes where he left off. The further any player gets with their guy, the more upgrade points they get to evolve their monsters making it much harder for him to get all the way through without dying once; players who can't manage to kill the guy get increasingly more powerful so it's easier to become the guy, balancing things out.

When a guy finally makes it to the boss monster, the remaining 3 ghost players have to control a boss monster together to fuck the guy up. The bosses are fairly difficult to deal with without upgrading your shit as the guy, so you're encouraged to take things a bit slower, but taking too long just gives other players more chance to kill you.

All-in-all it's a fun game, but there's a few problems with it. First is the artstyle: it's dangerously on the border of the hipster pixel art crap they love so much. It's overall better quality than most hipster art, but it still looks a bit lazy at times and has a few garbage reddit-tier memes in it, though those are rare easter egg occurrences. They also went with a "glitchy old arcade game" feel intending people to make arcade cabinets around it, but that just gave it a pretentious air to it. But that leads to the next and easily biggest flaw:
It's fucking local multiplayer only.
I haven't checked the game in a while, but the devs only halfheartedly expressed any desire to offer online multiplayer support. So if you have friends and a way to play this shit with more than one keyboard/mouse/controller, then I would recommend it, otherwise ignore it.

fucked up that last one.

well if you havent played the "ceo" or "motorcycle club" content yet every time someone picks up their objective (ie vehicles for ceo or meth ingredients for moto club) you have a matter of seconds before it tells everyon to go steal whatever you have or destroy it. It puts a big red icon over the items and makes them visible at all times on the minimap. This is happening on the free roam map. Just playing devils advocate.

Wrong.

I fucking love ramming people with garbage trucks in that game. It's such an easy way to grief that is also so satisfying, what a shame it's shit.

what game is that?

One of the guys that played with me got his account deleted because he was the human on the third boss attempt and now I don't have a full 4-player team to play with. It was pretty funny though

ARMA III.

If somebody could figure out how to make a Holla Forumsidya version, this would perfect.

arma 3 some life simulation mod

OP confirmed for being a liberal baby with thin skin. What's the matter, kiddo? Don't want to shit where you eat?