Quake Champions Beta

Quake Champions Beta

Beta invites have went out. Runs from today until Sunday. Didn't get an invite myself so had to purchase a key. Plenty of other applicants angry too. Downloaded the game but there's a 1500 queue just to reach the title screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Quake_4#Cannot_select_higher_quality_presets
my.mixtape.moe/ahhstc.rar
store.steampowered.com/stats/
steamcharts.com/app/13230
archive.is/opVTP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I uninstalled it as soon as I saw the queue. What kind of retards send out 100s of more beta invites than their servers will allow?

It's Quake Live repeated. First time that game went public it was unplayable because queues were so long. Shooting themselves in the foot, again.

i want quake to be good again

Jesus Christ, OP.
At least I know you're not a shill. You're just an idiot trying to justify the shekels you spent.

Make a thread when the game is actually out and servers can handle everyone.
I want the no-powers mode to be popular and good, but I know everyone will just sit in the powered characters mode and make fucking tier lists like autists.

Yet again, OP is a gigantic faggot.

Wait for a 1500 queue. Error at login means you can't login and need to restart game completely to have an RNG chance of passing. Fun times.

Same. I still bust out Quake 3: Arena from time to time.

The only good single player Quake game was the first one.

I agree

Doom 2016 felt more like a Quake game than it did a Doom game. And I thought we'd get a new Quake game in the same vein just with more of am emphasis on rocket jumping. But instead we're getting Quake 3.3 and Bethesda has to endure another failure to reveal that they can't make lightning strike twice with that game.

What was wrong with Quake 2?

Nah Quake 2 SP rules nigger.

Sageshitter never played it. That's what is bad with it.

The fuck is wrong with you

Guess so.
This does remind me I never gave Quake 4 a fair chance. Is it worth it?

I consider Quake 4 really underrated.

Quake 4 SP wise isn't the worst. Its not as fast. I would say its worth it if you are a Quake fan.

Alright, sounds like I'll be wasting the bandwidth and further clutter my drive.

Reminder that in an ocean of shit modern games, people have started to lool back at older mediocre games and think they are better than they remember. I've seen two separate threads praising the most recent AVP game for example.

I got Quake 4 for free from a friend back in the day and I uninstalled it after less than 30 mins of playing. I had far better games demanding my attention back then.

Look* back
You'd think auto-correct would do its fucking job for once.

lots and lots of hitscan

I liked playing Quake 4 back when it first came out and I like playing it now. I have a longer attention span than 30 minutes

Why the fuck did they make it P2P? Were they losing too much money?

Compared to all the shit we have today it's equal to a godsend.
Back then it had already some "cinematic" moments, and was generally slower and if you happened to live in germany during that time, it was the most heavy censored game to ever see the light of day.

The mechanics are pretty dated, other shooters that came out around that time (Prey and FEAR) feel more fresh and less generic. I suggest playing those instead of Quake 4 if you haven't.

I get what you mean totally. I actually first played Quake 4 in 2010 and i fun with it. And the multiplayer is even way better than the SP. These older mediocre games which aren't bad by any means seem to be making a run.

Oh, so it's good compared to shit. Got it. That doesn't abode well.

I have thoroughly enjoyed both of those.

Also forgot to mention Call of Cthulhu: DCotE. A less generic FPS, imo more interesting than Quake 4.

Yeah nice try. I'm not going to keep playing a bad game for hours on end just because some faggot on an image board is going to say I can't pay attention.

Maybe if I had paid $10 for it or something I would have gone on a little longer due to buyer's remorse/post-purchase rationalization but it was free so there was absolutely nothing binding me to it.

The movement was much slower and more limited compared to Quake 1.

Hmm, I might as well warn you while I'm thinking about it: Installing and running Quake 4 on Windows 7/8/10 can have some problems. Last time I tried to install from my CDs I had to explore the disc and manually run setup.exe, or else you get spammed with error prompts that can't be stopped until you reboot.

The game hates modern video cards with huge amounts of video memory, so the highest quality video preset will break and turn itself into the lowest setting. You can fix this with an autoexec.cfg file that tells it to run at max settings: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Quake_4#Cannot_select_higher_quality_presets

Also if you saw the threads recently talking about EAX audio for older games, you can use OpenAL and ALchemy to get those sound effects back, which will help with the atmosphere of the game. Here is the most recent .rar file that the OP put out containing what you need: my.mixtape.moe/ahhstc.rar

Good times ahead I see. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh wow another epig retro shooder like the Shadow Warriors and Wolfenblat the New Odour.

Still haven't got playing the game yet. There's a 20+ page thread on the beta forum about the "ClientError".

You lads know what to do. WEBM as much shit as possible. Their lawyers are going around DMCA'ing things.

DMCA'ing what? OP, the blasted fool, hasn't even been able to play yet.

Yeah I don't like it. The slow is real, the guns are shit, the level design is boring.

OP is a gigantic faggot And this thread is done. So… dubs?

Daily reminder that Quakewatch isn't an arena shooter.

If you're looking for something to scratch that itch, play the new Unreal Tournament or Reflex.

All classes, even with different abilities, are considered equal though, and the abilities have minor effect to your skill advantage. That's the opposite of Overwatch and TF2, teamwork based shooters. Probably more comparable to loadout based shooters, but without loadout weapons.

It ain't traditional Quake 3, but it ain't Overquake either.

No thanks. I'd rather catch you guys on a Xonotic or OpenArena server. And isn't Reflex pretty much dead on arrival? I'm pretty sure after its official release, it hasn't gotten much more players.

Or just play the originals because Arena Shooters are a conservative and one might say stagnant genre.

(checked)
This.

You're right, but what you don't understand is that Quakes 2 and 3 were a mistake.

It's not a Quake game, but it is pretty fun. Give it a go, worst case scenario you don't like it and drop it.

Does anyone care to elaborate on why the animations of Quake 1 look janky as fuck? Terminator Future Shock came out before it and RE came out at the same year, yet they both have better animations than Quake.

Reflex has plenty of players. Nowhere near as much as Overwatch or CS:GO, but definitely enough players new and old to find a match with someone around your skill level pretty quick.

Also, I forgot to metion Mario 64, Tomb Raider, Destruction Derby 1 and 2, etc. They all have better graphics and animations than Quake.

It uses BSPs for entities instead of models. I like it, it looks like 3D EEnE, but that's just me.

Bare in mind Quake was turned into an FPS really really late into development.

Also it was made using vertex animation, not skeletal. So all of the animations were essentially stop motion. You can see it if you play it via the DOS version vs a sourceport that smooths out the animations.

Binary Space Partitioning was not used for entities. Entities were .mdl files. BSPs were for maps

I wish Quake was an ARPG like it was supposed to be. FPS Quake is fun, but got tedious after a few levels. At least RPG's got better sense of progression.

Damn, Id dumbed down their games all the time, what was their problem? What a bunch of overrated hacks.

Have you even read the Doom Bible? Everything that Tom Hall was proposing was fucking gay. Don't expect much from an RPG fagger, but come on.

Gas yourself

Doom is a boring game for 12 year olds. I used to be really excited by it when I was around that age, trying every episode, cheat codes, and playing every port I could get my hands on. But as a grown up, I lose interest after playing it for more than 45 minutes. Feels like a disposable experience.

Everything makes so much fucking sense now

GUNS DO 25~% MORE DAMAGE WHEN ZOOMED IN. HAVEN'T PLAYED BUT BETA FORUM SAY SO

I liked the UT last time I played it actually but whatever I want to talk about this
Why the hell is this true? UT2k4 had shitload of characters to choose from, UT99 didn't had much but it still had more than this. This one has like two characters and a slight different variations of them.

Animations in Quake 1 when released where locked at something like 10 or 15 per second (just the animations, not you looking around). Later versions has smoothed out animations that however screwed with how fire looked (as fire was made of polygons instead of sprites).

All guns? Pretty sure it's just rail. Not that that's excusable in any way and if it stays that way then I'm not spending money on the game.

Making characters is a huge workload nowadays with all the detail. It's typical Epic to make a nigger first though. They've been completely and utterly pozzed since Gears of War and UT3.

Nah/ Yo're overthinking this polcor shit now. Nigger was first or main character in every UT.

Here are all UT99 characters. Not one full nigger. The darkest character has skin barely darker than the White cast and the only genuinely African looking feature on him are the lips.

So you've got this big roster of characters featuring ONE partial nigger and you're going to equate that to being as pozzed as post- Cliffy B. Epic? Come on. In the 90s having one nigger for variety was just a polite thing to do, not enforced by media smear campaigns and tumblr outrage comment spam. Also, being an American game featuring someone non-White is appropriate, I would say the same about a French game.

Fast forward to today where the nigger quota in media, games or movies, is approaching 50% even though the real percentage of them in the US for instance is still just 13.2% !!! Would you think it's 13.2% based on media portrayals? It's propaganda and you can't deny it.

BITTERMAN WHERE
I
T
T
E
R
M
A
N

W
H
E
R
E

The only expendable experience here was your mothers pregnancy.

NuShit is a consolized Painkiller with less weapon and level variety besides not even having a tenth of the enemie quantity Painkiller does.

This, UT4 is top tier and Epic actually listens.

Are you falseflagging or are you literally this fucking retarded?

Nope machine gun included

There's literally zero proper niggers in that picture. Go ahead and mark the ones you think are niggers.

Jesus Christ, id.

Go shit up another board retard

Literally just look at the fucking picture. He's not even 50% nig in the original game. Your head canon doesn't matter.

P.S. Main character in UT3 is a White guy.

This is kinda retarded idea to the point of having something like this in config:
alias +quickscope "+zoom; +attack"
alias -quickscope "-attack; -zoom"
bind mouse3 +quickscope
being mandatory.

>>>/killyourself/

OP HERE

So I've played 2 matches of the game. As someone who hates Quake and thinks it's floaty hitscan bullshit most of the time and UT is the best.

It feels like Doom multiplayer but tweaks in all the right places to imitate Quake closely enough. More vertical shit, movement speed, guns. Enemies spit armour shards when they die like NuDoom.

But make no mistake, it's definitely Quake. A good player will wreck fucking anus in this game. They have all the right normalfag tools in place to keep them playing, character abilities to help them get kills, unlocks out the ass, fully kit our your character with your own personal touch, the normal HUD elements to help you figure the game out.

So if you want Arena back again, and especially want Quake, then this is your only chance, ever. I can promise you that. There isn't going to be a better deal. Arena shooters are long gone and cannot be brought back without appealing to new blood.

I actually fear that naturally the game is STILL going to be too hard for normalfags. I feel like I'm learning how to aim all over again since I play so many games where it's retard proof ADS quality movement speed with little verticality.

Has all the right matchmaking stuff to get you nice full games, probably skill factored in. If this game gets enough players into it, it can be a thing in the gaming space, but it will need to be on Steam of course and I don't see that happening. Who the fuck has Bethesda Launcher? Unless they make their new Elder Scrolls/Fallout nongames require it from here on out.

Anyway those are my thoughts from 20 minutes play, It's intense. Railgun is broken as fuck with the zoom for 100 damage shit. Think that 1 hit kills some characters.

What will it take to increase your enthusiasm for this game?

You realize UT4 exists right?

Just buy a key for 8 dollars or so.

UT4 was a failure. Past tense. They thought people were gonna do their job for them or some fucked up shit. They can't publicly say it's finished of course.

Make it Quake 3 Arena.

Will getting the key only let me play the game this weekend or will I be able to play it any time they have a beta?

Your blatant shilling is disgusting. Fuck off.

Its a great game but Id Tech 4 did not age well.

I want to hug him

tough choice

No, it's not a great game. Don't lie to me, I played it now, it's shit.

I feel embarrassed for contributing so much to what is obviously a shill thread. Jesus Christ OP fucking kill yourself you sack of shit.

Can't wait for Team Fortress: Arena!

Quake 4 only gave me one thing

Wonder What it looks like when a female gets stroggified

I think they stuck the females in those coffin things to make Iron Maiden's

But I think you want to see that scene from quake 4 but with a chick you sick gurofag

I want

Every weekend. There's a test next weekend as well.

PURCHASE A KEY

kill yourself on stream

Fuck off.

If you could please fuck off you paid Zenimax marketer.

Its so fucking blatant. I'm expecting a Prey thread anyway now that will be glowing full blown shilling even though all of Holla Forums knows Zenimax were trying to jew the developers out of their own IP. Do NOT support Zenimax. Doing so puts money in the hands of jews.

Why management is such an endemic problem on the videogame industry, memes and SJWs aside, is the problem bad professionals or unqualified people getting high positions? Can someone from inside give me an answer?

There's no problem, the (((right))) people get promoted :)

Why play a CURRENT YEAR standards moba shooter when UT keeps getting updates and improvements periodically?

Every time they add a patch with some stupid change there's an uproar on the forums and they change it back on the next patch. Check their youtube videos, it happens on all of them. See 0:52
Granted this isnt the best method but good trial and error trumps everything, however long it takes I guess

It might be good if they make a competitive mode with no character stats, literally unplayable otherwise.
Took me 3 games to figure this out, it's not rocket science.

I'm not the person to explain this but SJWism is really just an advancement of the the problem user.

Let me put it like this, think about why goons became sjw's. Goons are some real scum, so why were they attracted to a movement that claims to do good? They may tell you some variation of self atonement but that's delusion. The reality is an sjw and goon is the same thing. They want to be superior and ruin the lives of those below them.

Now consider management and how so much of it has been infested with SJWism, is this something out of the blue? No the reason is because it's the same situation as goons. Management are scum, less so than the level that goons are but still the same category. The gaming industry especially has some real cancer like a lot of entertainment industries, so combine that with management and you get magnet that picks up all those types and consolidates them into a single authority.

There will be a classic mode where characters are just skins.

But at that point, why wouldn't I play Q3A/UT/any other AFPS instead? What would make Classic Mode in QC more worth playing than any other AFPS on the market, including Q3?

and it's still going to be trash due to fucked physics

Too bad optimization is ass

Why don't you design your own AFPS, and never distribute it to anyone, just play by yourself. That way it can be perfect in every way.

what you said makes no sense fucking retard

Did you accidentally post the wrong canned response?

Only in the mind of delusional Holla Forums

I will spell this out for you

The point is, quoted poster has absolutely no intention of playing anything any of the games suggested. Those games quoted are also not playable because they don't have any players. I need to state that I mean for all intents and purposes, because Holla Forums doesn't see big pictures for some reason. They are 100% redundant games as far as playing goes.

And then we have Quake Champs, new & shiney with all the necessary modern additions to make it fresh, bring in new blood and keep them coming back even if they don't perform well, enough so that they stick around long enough to get better and we all have an FPS that is not ADS/low TTK, that is also not dead.

There's preserving the value of classics and on the other hand being a hipster even when your best ticket to relevance again arrives.

nuDooM did that too for its multiplayer but it came out 6 months after the game's release so no one was there to play the "old school" mode so they got rid of it.

Nice shilling. I will consider watching it on yt then. Sometime.

wew
wew
wew
I am not a person who labels everyone as a shill but damn

What you said has nothing to do with how exactly the supposed QC Classic Mode is more attractive to players who want to play a new AFPS but aren't interested in the Champions crap.

Then go play by yourself. I've already told you.

No, you haven't at all. At least from what I could gather from your broken English. Besides, it's hard to actually play it given that I haven't received a key yet despite signing up ages ago and not being enough of a chump to buy a key.

Disregarding the Only popular games are worth playing bullshit, ut2004 for example is full of players and I can find on europe at least 2 full servers at all times. Quake live is even more active

I played it at release. I played it when TAM emerged. I played until all gamemodes were more or less dead.

2 servers son is

For all intents and purposes

nobody

Alright then I'll go uninstall a perfectly fine decade old game that I can ALWAYS play with full servers and buy the flavor of the month overwatch clone that'll die off in a few months if it peaks at all, gotta make sure im with the cool kids

One of these things is not like the others and why is everything so clean and sterile? Where's my Metal and otherworldly flesh horror?

Yeah, because you know you need at least 30 full servers on to play in a game. Because reasons

UT4 is like the best optimized UE4 game atm dude. I don't recall my friend's complete specs, but he had a garbage dual core and some garbage graphics card but could still run the game at medium settings

Then play by yourselves. Round in circles.

so does "yourselves" mean those games aren't dead after all? good to know you can fuck up your own arguments with no help from others

Do you do it for free?

For all intents and purposes

nobody would pay him for something like that, at least Evolve guys cared about blending in

So if I or anyone else open the game and is able to join a fully functional game, for all intents and purposes, the game is played by nobody?

Just stop

store.steampowered.com/stats/

I don't think Holla Forums understands how the real world works

I don't think you know how multiplayer games work

I still play Opposing force from time to time. That game has one 7/24 server that has between 4-11 players at same time, and sometimes one other Russian servers who's half bots and half actual players. The thing is, I can just enter the first server, or the other if I feel like it and play with others just fine. The game doesn't say shit like, You can't enter this server because the game doesn't have 500 servers with 20 players

steamcharts.com/app/13230

For all intents and purposes you should kill yourself

Also UT2k4 was added to steam way later its release. Some people, like me, play its non steam version

Steam for all intents and purposes didn't exist in 2004. Xfire beta appeared. Steam copied chat overlay idea.

The game is dead as sweden.

The devs at id were way more concerned with if the game was fun and not if it had "depth". The reason they removed stealth elements from Wolfenstein 3D for instance was because players just wanted to grab the minigun and gun the nazis down. And the stealth just slowed everything down. With Doom it was because it was so awkward and nobody else wanted it.

With Quake it was moreso the fact that nobody knew what they were making at the company due to how much infighting was going on. Like some people knew they were making a fantasy game wheras others thought it was sci-fi. It's why the game has such a range of art styles since they couldn't just stick to one thing. When they changed it to an FPS the game was in development for way longer than anyone expected and they had to salvage the project. It was one of the reasons John Romero was forced out of the company. Master's of Doom goes into it in a lot of depth.

That I think was because of Bethesda.

someone who only played quake 1

fug wrong image

lmfao

still looks pretty metal, also some characters are pretty flesh horrory/demonic

boner pls

Why are they all manlets?

Klesk is the same heigh as Orbb, seriously? The only reason I played Orbb, even though I hated his design was because I thought he had much smaller hitboxes than other characters. I feel like I got memed on now

I need a source.

for shame user

archive.is/opVTP

That is not the same as having a classic mode. This means I would literally have to create a custom game to turn them off.

if you're Euro you gotta play on F: CTF for stupid.

yes, that kinda sucks as if the game wasn't bad enough
I wonder if you can even host your own servers
I know the answer but I'd like to be surprised

people who play quake still play quake, they like the game, if they play quake champions they wont play it because its nostalgia they will play it to try it out and see if they like it

im glad they touched up on him, looks more like ranger and not the dreamworks puffy face he did before

What the fuck. I'm going to guess their retarded rationale is that console kids are too used to needing to scope to hit anything and so they needed a crutch.

When has shilling on /v actually worked with anything, anons? I know there are some retarded faggots out there who will BUY a game just to go against the curve and then draw attention to themselves by posting about it, when in fact they could have just pirated the game and saved their disposable income. Some fags actually buying andromeda/funding EA/Nu Bioware was a perfect example. I know I basically just answered my own question there, but I was just wondering if there were any other infamous instances.. Can't say I've really noticed any, I just put it down to andromeda being surrounded by hype/threads pretty much every day.

also fuck you OP you fucking degenerate 'A game is dead and has no players if it only has two full servers playing the game. Stop it. Get some help

This game is F2P anyways, so I really don't see the point.

Fucked up my post a little there but I just put it down to sleeping through the day and waking up at night like some fucking nocturnal beast. it's not good, anons.HELP.

The game IS 'Free2Play' as you put it, but that doesn't change the fact that it has an in-game store, and people who wanted to play but who weren't invited to the beta had to buy keys. That's some soggy bullshit right there, stop shilling for these fucking games, if people want to go play them they will, these attempts to get more interest just come off as hamfisted and clumsy.

There was only ever one hitbox, retard.

visually though he is smaller so that is a legitimate strategy but you really sacrifice size for how god damn loud he is which i feel like itself is too big of a deal comparatively.

Considering there's "cg_enemymodel" command, it absolutely doesn't matter what model you choose.

Tried it, saging because OP is a shill.
The biggest issue is that everybody moves very slow and it's stupidly easy to hit railgun shots. The character abilities aren't really relevant.

for some reason i always thought that tank commanders had female brains. must have been nonsense i read in playstation magazine as a kid

wrong, i always turn that off during free for all and duels

But most people don't, so they won't see your special character model.

what makes you think most people used this option in quake 3? if you were talking about quake live i agree, it is streamlined into the gui and shows up in peoples screenshots they all choose to upload, but while im obviously an exception i don't use specified enemy models at all in quake 3 so surely it is possible many others didn't as well

can we just ban threads about games until a year after the game's been released?

Interesting idea but I propose a less extreme measure: Banning discussion of upcoming games (until release day) and MAYBE during their first week would be enough. Publishers rely on preorders to turn the easily hyped into brand warriors over future buyer's remorse (so absurd when you really picture it). If you couldn't hype a game here before release then the place would be of no interest to any publisher in an instant. No more shills.

but discussion of upcoming games is full of actual discussion, people wondering what certain things would be like and whatnot where the only shitposting is by people calling everyone else shills if they are even interested in it. threads are made for upcoming games regardless of budget, and then after release what would you talk about? if the game is perfect like umihara kawase or quake there is not much to talk about except maybe a mod unlike for example overwatch which has nothing but meta discussion. you would just be encouraging discussion of everything with intentionally busted mechanics which is monotony, upcoming and new games peak curiosity and is the only way you are going to have a good thread for games like haydee or devil daggers

I can already tell I'm going to be putting a ton of time into this time. It's Quake but feels more weighty, less ice skating everywhere. Honestly that was the worst thing about Quake for me. Bhopping is still there, good luck bhopping with any of the tanky characters who start with more health and armor, with higher reserves to build and stronger character abilities. So you can be a non-bhop defensive player if you wish. Of course then you're at the mercy of the faster characters because they can completely disengage from the fight at their choosing. We will see how it turns out, will be difficulty to balance that.

Really think about what discussing future, not-yet-existing games does for the board. It adds absolutely nothing. Yes, it's the majority of what we do here but really, it does nothing for us. We're wasting our time. Game devs and publishers have become very, very careful with the information they do and don't release before they launch a game, it's not like there's some inside scoop to be had on Holla Forums that you can't get elsewhere. We haven't had any noteworthy leak that I can think of in recent years. Can you name one time Holla Forums held a unique position because we knew something the rest of the internet didn't? Discussing games before they come out is for plebs who buy on day 1 or in week 1.

More weighty than what? CPMA?

a cadaver, an over grown tick and an eyeball with arms…

Never tried it myself. More weighty than Vanilla Quake 3 and Quake Live. Map scales have been altered to fit with this. No more rats. By weight I mean foot movement. Dancing left and right while trying to hitscan your opponent has been toned down. I guess this could mean "slower".

By your definition what isn't wasting our time? This entire website is designed to waste your time. What about stuff like discussing the Nier series when Automata was about to come out and speculating what could come out of a Platinum+Yoko Taro contribution? What about shitting on ME:A and mining for salt on twitter? Or think about stuff that commonly happens here: What does it add to discuss what controller is the best for what game or yet another Souls-series thread? It's fun discussion and having one or two faggots who'll always make bad decisions is definitely not enough ground for banning it.

What is with the inventors of genres dropping the ball so fucking hard lately? You created this, Quake. This is so fucking inexcusable. I have never gone from excitement to despair so fast.

Are Carmack and Romero involved in this game?

I don't know what you expected from a game made by Bethesda.

What does that really add to this site other than a little shitposting fun? Plus, it's not even about this site, it's trolling casuals on other sites and then laughing about it here. Is that /video games/? Is that helping us discover games worth playing? Is that helping us understand games more deeply? Is our ambition to be a Holla Forums that pays particular attention to the games industry?

It's rarely just one or two and they're often not sincere casuals either, they're often paid marketers. Don't tell me you're one of those daft cunts who still act like shills are a crazy conspiracy theory.

i think what he is trying to say is you could argue discussion at all is pointless, it is simply enjoyable which is the whole reason chans exists, pointless socializing. a new games release is the most exciting thing in the videogame industry, and ive been called a shill plenty enough times to know you and many others are just paranoid retards who can't imagine a game being praised. that said ive never played quake champions

I agree that we cannot let shitposting own videogame discussion but if you're trying to erase that part of the board and replace it with sterile videogame discussion you're completely missing the point of this site. There's a balance that should be mantained by the users. Pretending to be the grand arbiter and dictating what people can and cannot discuss will not only lead to discontent, they won't up the discussion quality at all.
That's a shame, but it's still no ground to ban discussion of upcoming games.

I know but that's pathetic! It shouldn't be! That's my whole point. The release of a game is only "exciting" because publishers think it is and their marketing machine draws everyone else in. Truthfully, few games coming out excite me in any way. Don't most of us stick to one or two genres and play select games for months (singleplayer) or years (multiplayer) at a time? Why hop on the fake excitement of new releases when in 90% of the cases we all collectively know this new game will be shit just like everything else that gets released since 2005? Honest estimation: How many games worth playing for one particular gamer are released per year?

We should find something else to be excited about, instead of playing into the hands of the publishers.

Already see how problems in the game are gonna ermerge with "balance" with the character variation as expected. Can't see any reason to really pick anyone other than Anarki for myself.

but it is new and therefore exciting, not because of marketing. im bringing it back up, umihara kawase. i love the series to bits and still play the games all the time. i have tried making threads for it, and it dies even after relentless samefaggotry, posting manuals, literally ripping pixiv of fan images or steam page for wallpapers, what are people supposed to even say about it? there is nothing to say despite me finding it enjoyable, i could summarize why i enjoyed it in a single post which is probably the op anyways. if umihara kawase was getting a fourth game a thread would lift off, people wondering what will be new, what will be coming over from previous games, what they disliked and didn't want coming back over, even people who never played the original games would show interest and whatnot. they would talk about music, favorite levels, suddenly that spark of interest allows them to find something to discuss while they eagerly await to learn more about the game. or at least that is how it would play out for me, there isn't much of a presence of fans here

Anarki is just broken as fuck. Sure he's made of paper, but he picks up so much speed from bhopping and has so much control you can go so much faster than anyone else easily. Nearest is the new dyke who has fastest movement speed but no bhop control.

No.

Well I've seen enough, don't want to burn out already. Can't wait for this to come out with different game modes and give Zenimax a lot of money for the character customisation.

Are you merely pretending?

This fucking shill thread is STILL up?

Checking the rules, there isn't anything about shill threads actually