So now that Nier Automata was a big success, do you guys think that we'll see a PC port for the original Nier?

So now that Nier Automata was a big success, do you guys think that we'll see a PC port for the original Nier?

I recall Yokotaro making such a comment in the past, but who knows if they'll actually do it.

>Not original Drakengard where the series actually starts

Drakengard is shit tho

ur shit

Never say NEVER EVER

Well I recall seeing an article saying that if Nier Automata was a success then Square may make remastered versions. Or something like that.

Yeah if there's anything 2016 taught me, it's that NEVER EVER doesn't exist.

If squenix was smart, they would have done that first. But squenix is not smart.

That is true user. I'm surprised they're still in business to be quite frank.

But the first Nier sucks ass.

YOU SUCK ASS

is this main character a psychopath?

Those are some wrong opinions there.

SOMETIMES WUMMRHYMES

Yes. A genocidal psychopath who teams up with a pedophile and a child killer to save the world

Don't forget she's also a child cannibal.

I am going to buy this for the PS3 tomorrow. Is it going to be a complete disappointment after playing Automata?

The gameplay's mediocre, but the story's still very, very good.

Caim's technically not genocidal since it's not targeted. He just really loves killing.

You forgot that his waifu is a dragon

It'd be nice if we got an Odin Sphere Leifthrasir type treatment.
Where the visuals get a polish, and they try to fix up the gameplay a bit, including a classic mode as well.
It would also be cool if they make it so you can play as either brother or father Nier.
Though they would either have to hire a new voice actor for brother, or just force you to play with Nip audio, which is perfectly fine.
It would be funny hearing 15 year old Nier with the deep manly voice of Jamieson Price.

Drakengard's gameplay isn't fun, though. It's Musou but even more tedious, with the dragon flying bits being the only fun ones. And searching for all the weapons in order to get the last ending is one part bullshit, two parts slog.

He really hates the Empire.

Nigger I'm playing through it right now and loving it but the gameplay is like Musou but shit (which is an achievement in itself). The only fun thing is burning shit with the dragon

Reminder that Drakengard was advertised as a kids game.

Since Taro's got this gig with Platinum at the minute, what if they used the mechanics of Scalebound to make another Drakengard or something?

I like that idea. I hope they go for it.

Makes me laugh

Not beyond the realm of possibility but who knows exactly how Scalebound is tied up legally or anything like that

wew

PC gamers arent missing anything

>lolibound

The PC port is fucking dogshit and I wouldn't want to see how awful Nier PC would be.

Wasn't there a mod that increases performance like 50 percent?

>not arabound

Well Platinum originally planned for a loli, but kellams or MS said no.

I'd rather an HD Nier G&R for PS4
PC fags are fucking cancer

OST on steam when?

It was a moderate success, actually I'd say a below average success since it's also niche and weeb.

I guess you could do that, but I don't know why you would.

also

PC sales were 20% of console sales about, so if a port does happen it's going to be a very easy job.

it was originally just supposed to be a dragon flying game but squeenix made cavia put in the ground sections because dynasty warios was popular at the time. they were rushed and it is very apparent

this could be fun

If the port is as shit as automata and it has denuvo then don't bother.
Protip: it's not up to him.

Every thread.

And someday user will grow up to be the biggest cocksucker of them all.

My toaster is below minimum reqs, I turned the settings down to medium and 1600xwhatever, and it ran perfectly. I've also seen people who claim to have computers way above reqs who couldn't get past the prologue because the screen would go all white at the bossfight. It's at best a wildly inconsistent port.

Says the cocksucker.

Tell those people to start using actual operating system and not some mobile shit.

As an Idort, I feel that I can especially laugh at you PC-Only faggots. I mean, how pathetic are you guys?

Life is short. Nothing is guaranteed.

A good friend of mine died. One of the most die hard half-life fans around, even had a fucking lambada and gordan freeman tattoo on his fucking arm.
Every day I miss my bro and he never lived to see Half Life 3.

Originally, I came here to laugh at you faggots, but now- I'm just warning you guys. You can be patient all you want, but you'll never know when your clock runs out of time.

Mate, I'm a virgin. How can I be a cocksucker?

Who is he quoting?

sauce?

Yeah, shame it wasn't you instead.

Nier Automata has a massive return to investment ratio. Square's going to want another game.

Sucking cock is not how you lose your virginity you nerd.

Nier starts with Nier. Drakkengard is musou crap.

I hope now, they didn't even patch the Neir:A to work and you know they would charge $59.99 for a 10 year old game.

PC port probably ain't happening SQE ain't too bright about not being retarded
Outside of that there's emulation but I hope you're not in a hurry.

Drakengard 3 maybe, 1 and 2 are emulatable and even have undub versions

FUCK YOU LET ME DREAM

I want Swery and Yoko to collab on a game.

Consoles are the tools of the video game oligarchy on technological progress.

Consoles may be limiting, but they'll be here for a long while. I'd follow the advice of to some degree. If a good port seems highly unlikely, just get the game on console. I know I might die in the near future or at the very least my life may fall apart into a state where I can no longer play vidya. I nearly died a few years ago. If I had, I would never have played some of the games I did, which had been out for a while, but hadn't and still haven't, come to PC.

Why haven't we gotten some philosophags in here discuss the all the damned philosophical references yet? I'm not really an expert, but I've figured out some things.

Kierkegaard is the leader/pope of the religious robots. Soren Kierkegaard was a Christian philosopher, who created two different argumentative stances for the sake of discussion within his writings on the subject of death. The transcendentalist and the immanentalist. An extremely dumbed down version of the beliefs of these two groups is this. The transcendentalist focuses on life after death with the belief that when they die, they will become closer to God. The immanentalist lives in fear of death, focuses more the world of the living. The machine pope has spread some of the knowledge he's acquired on Soren Kierkegaard, and the machines wishing to glean further information from him are docile while he lives. Once he is dead, no further knowledge can be obtained, and so they take what they have learned and put it into practice. The catch is, the machine pope didn't teach them the part about hell and how if you commit suicide or some other sin such as murder, you will not reach salvation. Thus with the machine pope dead, the remaining machines take a massive misinterpretation of his teachings to extremes. The machines who wish to become as gods and to make others gods are the transcendentalists, and those who cowered in fear or who fought for their survival are the immanentalists. A question I like to raise is this. Would this wrong interpretation of transcendentalism still occur even had they known they should not commit suicide or murder? Being machines, they could theoretically live forever as long as they kept repairing themselves. To not do so would to be resigning oneself to suicide. Thus, save for accidental deaths, they would not be able to become as gods. I theorize that this would result in a splintering between the transcendentalist machines into two groups. The first would reject the idea that they could not commit suicide, and do so anyways. The second would sacrifice their salvation in order to bring it to others, killing anyone they can. I believe the possibility that this is what occurred is just as likely as the machine pope not teaching them that should not kill themselves or others.

There's a joke about how Marx and [Friedrich] Engels are found protecting the means of production. There may be more to it than that, but I don't know. What I'd like to know is why the boss of the God Box is Auguste, as in Auguste Comte. I don't know enough about him though. There's also the fact the Friedrich machines are copies the small pail of water carrying machine from the beginning of route B. Which Friedrich are they meant to represent? There's more than one philosopher with that name you know. Why do they believe Auguste is their brother? Is there some meaning to this?

The Fextralife wiki has this to say about the Dark Colossus Grun.
>Most likely named after Karl Theodor Ferdinand Grün, a radical political activist and theorist whose political philosophy was influenced by Hegel and Feuerbach. Grün was exiled to Belgium only to return during the Revolutions of 1848, after which he was once again exiled. He was also a colleague of Karl Marx.
So the parallels between the Dark Colossus' and the philosopher's exiles are obvious, but again, what relation to Marx does the machine have? Has Yoko been making fun of communism by making so many of the machines that cause massive destruction communist philosophers? Grun was influenced by Hegel, who is another boss, likely named after Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel. What did Hegel beileve? And what about the Chinese philosopher references using the Japanese interpretation of their names? So-Shi, Boku-Shi, Ko-Shi, and Ro-Shi? They're all extremely similar, so is Taro saying Chinese people all look the same? What does it mean that Ro-Shi and Ko-Shi are joined at the hip? Is there any reason these bosses look like part of Hegel?

The fextralife wiki has this in the trivia for the original king of the forest kingdom, Ernst.
>Most likely named after the German Marxist philosopher Ernst Bloch. Bloch is known for The Principle of Hope, a book written about utopanism. Ernst, in Automata, creates his kingdom as a utopia for his machinery subjects.
What does it mean that Immanuel is essentially the child of Ernst, or that he never grows up?

The Opera Boss and Jean Paul Sartre have already been discussed so I will not mention them. I have so many questions, but I'm not a philosophag.

did the card nigger ever deliver to Taro or not?

Nobody knows. I know my shitty drawing made it in though.

As for Emil. That attack ends the fight and if you can't kill him before it your damage output is not high enough. I really didn't like the way it works.

The game suffers greatly from enemies having too little health. They really fucked up the balancing of hard mode when switching from the demo to the final product. Couldn't even let us manually adjust enemy levels or our levels post-game with the debug mode. So even on very hard shit will still die too quickly. Shit's fucked. Will get the PC version if mods can fix it.

Meant for

what does sans have to do with clang?

I will rape you with power of a thousand autists if you try to bring that faggotry in here.

oh man, i dont wanna have a bad time

Hey guys, kind of off topic, but do you think my laptop will run Nier: Automata on PC? I don't have a PS4 but everyone raves about this game for some reason.

…I would play Drakengard again as a PC release, bugs and all. If nothing else, I would like to make webms.

I actually found myself wanting to replay it yesterday, it may not have been great but in what other game can you strafe battleships with magic spells from the back of a dragon?

I've just started playing it for the first time on pcsx2. I have to say I actually find it fun.

It starts losing a lot of what little enjoyment it has around the fourth or fifth ground level when they start mixing loads of crossbow soldiers and red soldiers into the masses which both completely fuck you if you try to do anything but plow through them with basic sword attacks. It gets even worse near the end when there's a bunch of indoors levels with long hallways full of just tediously tanky troops. Flying levels stay fun pretty much the whole way through though.

I found so far the best thing one can do is to rebind the controls to something more modern. You're referring to the levels in the Elven village, right?

I think the elf levels are the first to start doing it, yeah. From there onward with few exceptions you basically can't go fifty feet without getting shot at by spells or arrows and that pretty much completely shuts down any dragon usage as well as a lot of spells if I'm not remembering incorrectly.

I'll play some more tonight and report back on how I feel about it then. Thanks for the notes, user.

This isn't an honest question. This is a shitpost.

This one seemed more apposite. Does it really matter?

He's not even being correctly autistic about the pre-existing threads rule, so no